{'en': 'My 6 -year -old son has prediabetes?', 'es': 'Mi hijo de 6 años ¿tiene prediabetes?'} Image

My 6 -year -old son has prediabetes?

estefania's profile photo   02/01/2024 8:20 a.m.

Try to limit the intake of hydrates, pasta, bread or rice or potato, so eats healthy and does not rise so much the glucose @estefania

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
02/02/2024 7:05 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, if you don't have urine glucose, you won't have so many increases.Continue watching and eat light in hydrates.
The glycosilada is fine.For now, you can't do more.
Hay luck and go well.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/03/2024 12:37 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It may be developing a type I. But it seems more like a mody.It is a type II in young people.It is soon to know, you may find the problem very fast, before facing.
If it is a MODY it is easier to control.Which is something very good.
Pay attention to the endocrine.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
02/03/2024 11:39 a.m.

@estefania: If you have been told that you have insulin resistance, it is important that you lose weight and maintain a healthy diet.Forget the fried, the ultraprocessed and the junk food.Eliminate sugary drinks.It controls the issue of sweets (pastels, sweets, pastries, ice cream, ...).All these foods are harmful not only for diabetics
but for the general population and it is convenient to take them occasionally.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
02/03/2024 12:55 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

I opt for a MODY.
Do you know something already?

meginer's profile photo
meginer
02/04/2024 1:30 p.m.

If affection have told me that he has predisbetes, insulin resistance in principle will wait 5 months and repeat the analysis and depending on how he will put treatment, but in principle only diet and glymia control 3 days in weeks in caseSome time stopped lowering blood cells and going back to the hospital told me that it may be that the pancreas is already stopping to segregate insulin, but I am still worried because they still have those peaks it is true that it lowers it clearly stops them.

estefania's profile photo
estefania
02/04/2024 2:01 p.m.

And is this obese?WHAT FOODS PENS BEFORE THIS PREDIANTS?How many sweets?Well mood @estefania

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
02/04/2024 2:58 p.m.

It is stuffed but obese I would say that it does not measure 118 cm and weighs 31kg it is true that it is left over 4-5 kg ​​but its diet for me was normal the sweets weeks you turn weeks and that later at home is a child who eats well and ofEverything now before eating it in 139 and has eaten a rice plate with chicken and 3 strawberries and water a normal meal would say no?

estefania
02/04/2024 3:03 p.m.

The BMI that they put in the report is normal, it does not indicate or overweight.
It will be Mody.That is what doctors know very little, you will have to suggest.
Here in the forum there are quite a lot, to see if they guide you a bit.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
02/04/2024 3:06 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I have been reading a little about fashion and of course my grandmother my mother -in -law my brother and several titos are diabetic, everything is supposed toI appreciate for when I go to the consultation know how to express myself to guide the endrochrine that I do not seem that I am the doctor but knowing how to offer him if you can do that study to my son, do you understand something the treatment of Modly is insulin?Or pills you only know something

estefania
02/04/2024 3:10 p.m.

Well, it will be that because the mody is very genetic.Most do not use insulin, but there is everything.
But you think that external insulin is used when the pancreas does not secrete it, which is not the case of your child.In his case he does secrete (the peptide c) indicates, it is insulin resistance what must be treated, so that the one that segregates takes effect.In that case, it is usually treated with pills.
I also personally know a case that only takes care of meals and does a lot of sports and does not take medication.
Each person is different.But if it is Modly, it is infinitely better than type 1, so I hope it is so.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
02/04/2024 3:16 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

estefania said:
I have been reading a little about fashion and of course my grandmother my father my mother -inWhat I have read if there is someone who can guide me more, I appreciate it for when I go to the consultation know how to express myself to guide the endrochrine that I do not seem that I am the doctor but know how to offer him if you can do that study to my son meDo you understand, another thing is Modly treatment?Or you only know something

Hi Estefanía!
Here one with mody type diabetes, delighted 😃
I also started like this ... The glycemia a little high on an empty stomach but without exaggerated values, at first without treatment only with diet, but to the next review they already put oral medication with which I was year and a half, and finally at approximately 2 yearsI already started with insulin too, in my case it was inevitable because with diet and oral medication it was not enough and I was also losing a lot of weight of the diet so strict that I did and everything to end insulin equally.
It is true that some diabetics with this type of diabetes are thrown many years without needing insulin, in my case it was not so, but I also tell you that insulin has been my salvation because since I started with it I am better than ever, without symptoms and symptoms andFinally with super stable blood glucose (my last perfect analytical with a glycosylated hemoglobin of 5.4 that is very very good)
In my case I also have diabetic relatives (grandmother, father ...).
If they finally confirm that it is Diabetes Modly you have the right to a genetic study conducted by Social Security where they tell you what type of Modly (there are 5 types and some more dangerous than others), I advise you to do the test as soon as possibleTo start with the correct medication.

Madrileña91's profile photo
Madrileña91
02/05/2024 2:10 a.m.

Diabetes Mody desde 2021, última HG 5,4

hello.Is there a history of diabetes in the family?Can't you look for a 2nd opinion of a private pediatric endocrine?It is that waiting for 5 months is a long time.
Everything points to a DB1 or Mody ... glycosilad

You can also buy a freestyle and put it to carry a very strict control of glucose values, so when you go with pediatric endocrine you can give easy the fasting values ​​/ before and after meals and before bedtime ...

Limit carbohydrates and exercise to help you.
I hope your child is going well soon and do not get tired and carry a better standard of living.
blessings

matrix's profile photo
matrix
02/11/2024 2:28 p.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

Hello, I just read your comments, the truth is that I am going to ask for a second opinion because I am not satisfied 6 months for a review there is not even one time that I take the blood glucose and be less than 140 on an empty stomach or without fasting I want to say140 is the least that has given him and the maximum after meals at 2h 476 once alone but he lowers him at 3h little by little alone but normally after eating with diet he has it in 170-180 and I know theI take again at 3-4h to eat and it has already lowered it but this is without living, in the health center they are fighting to put the sensor but not having insulin is complicated the thing you have the fingers already even with dark pointsOf so many punctures I am sorry, so can I put the sensor buying it without a medical authorization?Where could I buy it?

estefania
02/11/2024 2:55 p.m.

The nurse of the health center that knows my family the diabetics in my family has also told me that it is surely a mody or a type 1 that there are times that begin little by little

estefania
02/11/2024 2:57 p.m.

estefania
02/11/2024 2:58 p.m.

Look these are photos of different days which has come to put it so not always but ever

estefania
02/11/2024 2:58 p.m.

That is type 1 diabetes.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/11/2024 2:59 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Ruthbia tell me that not because pancrestic antibodies goes well, I think it may be to the pancreas now trying to fight or I know and alomejor in a time already debuts I do not know why my head is just turning options becauseThe only thing that tell me that you have to wait for that I have thought about doing the genetic analytics for money or asking for a second opinion because we are having a very bad time both and those around her until her class teacher tells me all thedays that is horrible times as you ask to go to the bathroom

estefania
02/11/2024 3:08 p.m.

476 is a value to go to the emergency room

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
02/11/2024 3:08 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.