{'en': 'My 6 -year -old son has prediabetes?', 'es': 'Mi hijo de 6 años ¿tiene prediabetes?'} Image

My 6 -year -old son has prediabetes?

estefania's profile photo   02/01/2024 8:20 a.m.

estefania said:
Hello I just read your comments the truth is that I will ask for a second opinion because I am not satisfied 6 months for a review there is not a single time I take theglycemia and be less than 140 on an empty stomach or without fasting I want to say 140 is the least it has given it and the maximum after meals at 2h 476 once alone but it lowers at 3:00 a little by little by themselves but normally afterwards laterFrom eating with diet it has it in 170-180 and it is taken again at 3-4h to eat and it has already lowered it but this is a living, in the health center they are fighting to put the sensor but not havingInsulin Is the thing complicated, do you have the fingers even with dark points of so many punctures, it gives me a shame, so can I put the sensor by buying it without a medical authorization?Where could I buy it?

Poor your son, so much puncture ... I already think it is worth putting a sensor, so he feels nothing and with the cell phone you can check the glucose all the time!
When getting up
Before breakfast
two hours after breakfast
on an empty stomach
before meals
After meals ... 30min, 1hora, 2 hours
And if you get the freestyle 2, continuous measurement
That will give you peace of mind and you will have many imports of importance for the pediatric endocrine

In Spain they give it for the government I believe but that until it is diagnosed, but and meanwhile?
Here in Mexico they sell them everywhere (Costco, Sanborns, ML, Amazon, etc)

It is worth making that "investment" and you buy a couple of sensors, so you will have reading a month, daily, continuous, that will be invaluable.I don't know how they didn't send it to once!

And you're right, look for a 2nd opinion, don't wait 5 months

Poor your son with 140+ fasts is not good, also the glucose peaks are damaging the organs, why submit it to wear for 5 months "waiting"?You don't have to worry here, you have to take care
You already have very good advice here in the forum that have a lot of experience

I think from a different perspective because I am in another country and things are handled differently here (the public health system is very bad and those that we can see in private).I buy my own sensors from time to time to do my controls, if it were for the government here they send you pure metformin that is not always adequate.

Then, in summary:
diet
exercise
Continuous glucose control with freestyle or similar
2nd opinion with pediatric endocrine

You will see that you will be quieter, your child will be better and in an end they will have an appropriate accurate diagnosis and treatment

matrix's profile photo
matrix
02/11/2024 3:09 p.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

estefania said:
ruthbia tell me that not because pancrestic antibodies work out well, I think it may be that it is to the pancreas now trying to fight or I know and alomejor within a time already debuts noI know because my head is just turning options because the only thing that tells me that you have to wait for that I have thought about doing the genetic analytics for money or asking for a second opinion because we are having a very bad time both and those whoWe are around her to her class teacher tells me every day that it is horrible as she asks to go to the bathroom

I guess so.Don't wait for 5 months.What city are you?This week takes a private pediatric endocrine ... 2nd opinion and voila, do not wait 5 months

Those 140+ fasts do not abandon them, you already need treatment, (personal opinion) and also those peaks of more than 300 and up to 470 no longer run, better 2nd ASAP opinion to have good control

And since you are controlled you will be quieter and your son with better spirits and better in school and sports.already with good control can have quality of life

matrix's profile photo
matrix
02/11/2024 3:13 p.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

diabetic said:
476 is a value to go to emergency

I agree ... Moreover, more than 300 that lead him to urgency and I don't know if there they give them a supporting or some evidence ... Imagine with 3 emergency visits and a diagnosis of a private maybe I can gothe public health entity and at the same time that the treatment and sensors that merit

matrix's profile photo
matrix
02/11/2024 3:14 p.m.

Thank you love for your words, tomorrow they answer if they put the sensor or it is not the nurse who is fighting and speaking to put it because apparently in Spain only recipe it to insulin diabetics to those who do notThey are insulin or the strips recipe but if tomorrow they tell me that I do not buy it on my own. What costs me to do not matter but not to prick it so much

estefania's profile photo
estefania
02/11/2024 3:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

estefania said:
thanks love for your words, tomorrow they answer if they put the sensor or it is not the nurse who is fighting and speaking to put it on because apparently here inSpain only prescribes it to insulin diabetics to those who are not insulin or the strips recipe but if tomorrow they tell me that I do not buy it on my account, it costs me what it costs me it does not matter but not to prick it so much

Look, in an end, if you have to buy it, it will be for your tranquility and your little one.The sensor will give you the benefit that you can carry regular readings ... those values ​​analyze them on a leaf or an excel ... daily ... fast, postpondrial, before eating ... also, so you see the foods that youGlucose and avoid them a lot ...

The results are taken to doctors, public or private ...

And this will be temporary, if in an end they tell you that it has DB1 will give you treatment and if it merits it they will have to send the sensors and will give them to the government, that is, your purchase is temporary, it is only now in what thediagnose well ...

Here in Mexico I have had to fight a lot with doctors for my wife, children, father -in -law etc (for other topics, allergies, otorrino, asthma, etc.) and I learned that you always have to look for 2nd opinion, you do not know the surprises that I have found... But you'll see that everything will be for good is that if you are in uncertainty, you stress yourself, you are distressed ... and when you have the official diagnosis and treatment, you will see that everything will go better, for you and especially for your child, thatHe deserves it

matrix's profile photo
matrix
02/11/2024 3:37 p.m.

The sensor is bought on the ABBOT page
Link
It is very easy to place and use, it comes with instructions.
You will not save all the punctures because in very high or low values ​​you have to contrast with glucometer, but you see the curves perfectly, what the rises, how it goes up ...
It is worth € 66 and lasts two weeks, but it is worth it.I have been buying them for 2 years until I was granted social security and it is the best investment I have made.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
02/11/2024 4:42 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@estefania not all DM1 have antibodies.
You have to go to the emergency room.You need insulin to lower those values.
The sensor is bought on the Abbott website, we have bought it for years until it was financed.
If you can afford the sensor and look for a private endocrine.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/11/2024 7:06 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Of course even if I take it away from something else I can afford it being for your good, tomorrow I go to your pediatrician I will tell him if they do not finance it that she puts the first one and explain how it goes, and I am from SevilleI am going to look for a private pediatric endocrine on the Internet and if I have not also thought to go to the Virgen del Rocío EU it is the children's hospital does not belong to us in the area but if I enter through the emergency they have to do with me the bad is that if they want they want it to meThey refer to the one who belongs according to Pille the one there

estefania
02/11/2024 7:47 p.m.

@estefania The sensor is very easy.It comes with instructions in the box.To activate it you have to install the free app that is the one that reads the Bluetooth sensor on the mobile.Eye!Via NFC is activated (putting the mobile on the sensor)

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/11/2024 7:50 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Ok and I don't need the machine that comes to move on to the sensor with the mobile is enough?

estefania
02/11/2024 7:54 p.m.

The reader will be very good for when they prohibit mobile phones, but you can have both.I use both.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/11/2024 7:57 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

estefania said:
yes of course even if I take it from something else I can afford it being for your good, tomorrow I go to your pediatrician I will comment if they do not finance it to me that she puts herThe first and explain how it is going, and I am from Seville I am going to look for a private pediatric endocrine on the Internet and if I have not also thought to go to the Virgen del Rocío EU is the children's hospital does not belong to us in the area but if I enter through Emergencies MeThey have to do with the bad is that if they want they refer it to me again to the one who belongs according to the one who is there

Let's see what the pediatrician or hospital tells you but I suppose you can only take it if it has it very high?Also poor your son must be scared with so much doctor and hospital ... you will see that he will improve everything with the subject of the sensor and when he already has an accurate diagnosis

matrix's profile photo
matrix
02/11/2024 8:32 p.m.

ruthbia said:
The reader will come very well for when they prohibit mobiles, but you can have both.I use both.

Where are mobile to ban?

matrix's profile photo
matrix
02/11/2024 8:32 p.m.

ruthbia said:
@estefania the sensor is very easy.It comes with instructions in the box.To activate it you have to install the free app that is the one that reads the Bluetooth sensor on the mobile.Eye!Via NFC is activated (putting the mobile on the sensor)

The sensor does not hurt to put it or hurts to use it.Your child will love it because you will almost not have to click.Putting it is very easy, it comes with instructions and even on YouTube there is a lot

I recommend that the first buy it with the reader ... although it will be more practical to read it with free freestyle app

When placing it, scan it with the reader to activate it ... and then use the app ... If you do it to reverse, you can only read the sensor in the app and not in the reader (at least that's how it is with freestyle 01... in Spain I think they sell 02 and 03).The most common I think is the 02 that has NFC and Bluetooth.01 only has NFC

You can use the reader for many years, to read the future sensors

matrix's profile photo
matrix
02/11/2024 8:34 p.m.

matrix said:
ruthbia said:
The reader will come very well for when they prohibit mobile phones, but you can have both.I use both.

where are mobile phones to ban?

In Spain, in schools you have decreed that they are prohibited, it is not based on when the application of this law begins.

That is why for diabetic children with sensors the reader is better instrument than the mobile.In addition its values ​​are more accurate than those of the app

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/12/2024 6:45 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia, but although mobile phones prohibit, diabetic children cannot be prohibited as medical treatment, because parents can also control them from their mobile.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/12/2024 6:51 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

estefania said:
class =

@estefania: These values ​​are very high.In your place I would go today to emergency and show them the glucometer.
Do not wait 6 months to visit your child again

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
02/12/2024 9:16 a.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

476 is a very high value, I would do a second opinion, it cannot be with those values, and the others are high, to see what the doctor says

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
02/12/2024 12:05 p.m.

Go to the emergency room and enter it, it is the best for him

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
02/12/2024 12:09 p.m.

@estefania
A advice: take your child and the glucometer and you are going to the emergency.Today better than tomorrow.
Those values ​​are too high to ignore them and your child cannot wait 6 months to medicate it.
Try to read something about diabetic ketoacidosis and you will see that it is not a joke.
You need an insulin treatment immediately.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
02/12/2024 3:52 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.