{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Hello everyone, how do you carry on Sunday?

Beki, how are you going with your knee today?The little ones better?Today Noe with 39 before eating and nothing is noticed, playing so quiet, what fear gives me the school!The hemo's apparatus, there we go, this week I have written to the area manager again and it seems that the thing is taking another color.

Mari.gar, how are you going around?Mani, not tell us anything.

To all, kisses and spend a good afternoon, to see if we can go for a walk today.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/01/2008 10:18 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello

Finally, I do not be able to enter from work, it has burned me, I don't want to be in front of a computer at night.

What a horrible weekend, yesterday it rained all day, thankfully the kids behaved well, today morning if he has done a little sun and we have gone for a walk but in the afternoon again chaparrón, he always spoils in the endof week what anger.

I tell you, the doctor was Friday but we were an important thing and we changed it to tomorrow, he told us on the phone that Nico's hemo had dropped to 6.7 and that the rest of the tests was fine, that relief, now it remainsLet's see what they tell us about Nacho de la Celiaquía.Tomorrow I tell you.

Becky beautiful that good luck tomorrow with the meter and with the school, I still have to wait for Wednesday, for now I do not enter the one we want, but we have a last "cartridge" that is my last hope, we will see.Marcita there when they leave?Let's see if you also get it because if you have it so close it is a lot of peace of mind.

Mari.gar do not overwhelm that I know that it does not serve as comfort but we are all the same, there are days that this surpasses us, but we are doing very well, that is what we have to encourage us.

Peace that funny with that of having eaten as a child, :)) If I do not want to think what adolescence, patience and to wait for the nonsense to pass.

Velia have enjoyed the fair?I hope you haven't wet much.How is Angela?

Jose and your girl how is it going?Tell us how the school wears that we are now a few that we are with that fear.Well and pumba you are also missing.

Take care of the Malitas and that you start well the week.Kisses.

mani05's profile photo
mani05
06/01/2008 5:58 p.m.

Hello everyone.
Mani05, do not worry about the school, what I tell you is that the year that Maria debuted March, in the middle of the course, I had to be stuck to the school for quite some time.
There was also the case that Maria was the first school girl with this problem (and still is): shock: then we had to talk to several people and put them in a history of how to act and how to recognize a possible hypo, which inDefinitive is what can worry you the most.
I still do this year to year with the teacher who is playing and I can tell you that one year he has one that finds out and another year that touches him does not find out anything.
Luckily these children have a mature very early and they take care of them alone.
You have to have a glucagon at school and some people who know how to use it and what to do in case of emergency.
If I could, I would try to put it in a school with a nurse, ATS or something similar.I don't know there, there is no.
Anyway, the issue is that you can be as calm as possible while they are in school, so you do not cut yourself and give the pain what is needed, to the address, to the apas, etc.
I can tell you that today, Maria eats in the school one day than another, although for this we bought a digital swinging and we had the occasional talk with the cook, we provided all the material we have of the portions and the dayThat he stays we take a piece of paper with what he has to eat and the amounts, always adjusting it to the menu of that day.Try that Nicolas does not feel too special or different from others.
Another little thing, I do not know if we did well or not, but Maria from the first day, the glycemias is done and if necessary the insulin is put in front of all the classmates and anywhere.
At first you would see a slightly weird face, some would think that it would be contagious or I know.Today I can tell you that anyone is surprised to see Maria with her little machine, nor that they put the insulin, she is even very respected by her classmates who think she is the bravest in the world, who is not afraid of needles.
Well that I roll up too much, for the moment to enjoy the summer and then calm that as soon as the first days pass you will get used to, there is no choice.
;);)

DiabetesForo
06/01/2008 7:41 p.m.

Good night!!

How about the weekend?Here today Sunday has rained in the morning, but then the sun has come out and we have taken the opportunity to visit my in -laws to a little house that they have to go to the weekend, Ainhoa ​​has enjoyed a lot because there was also his white cousin that he has4 years, they have played the beautiful and the glycemia has had them quite well.

Marcita I also fear school, but surely it is not as much as we paint it ... well I hope:?When are the lists out there?What a fright you will have taken to see her so short, right?Ainhoa ​​The shortest thing that has been put at 41 and the Aunt was so campaign playing: Shock :.

Mani congratulations on that hemo and because the tests have all all out.Having such Nacho, you will tell us.I hope you are lucky and touch the school you want, have what happens with that last cartridge ...

Beky Good luck, having if the stup -ond behaves tomorrow, but I see you "sparks."I took care of that leg and don't leave it, okay?

Paz, Velia, Alea, Jose .... to all kisses and rest!

mari.gar's profile photo
mari.gar
06/01/2008 7:45 p.m.

Good morning, Papis !!!
The sun looks in Cáceres, on the end, that we were staying Mohíos, hehehe ....
Congratulations on the hemo of Nico, man, what champions !!!!and with cross fingers so that the results are so satisfactory.
Becky, I've already read the knee, but what have you done, Jamía !!!!The truth is that any setback is a total annoyance ... that you have better.
We had to return to school in November, after the debut.He had a terrible fear, fortunately I was on 2 months to be ableToday they are raffled who prepares the lancets and controls for control (they have had to throw lots among the 5 friends of the school), and this daughter of mine like a marquise, hahahaha .... Then it was my father who was commissionedTo go when I joined the work, and then my life depends on whether or not the mobile sounds ... you get used to everything.Let's see if you are lucky.
Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/02/2008 4:29 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Good morning!!.
It is the first time I enter the father's thread !!
Beky, what nerves!Today meter and list of admitted to school !!We will cross your fingers so that everything goes well.And you take care of that knee a lot, I know that we are always in the background, but we are also important;).
Mani, and the school of Nico to see if it goes well, and also that both can be together.
When I read your fears I remember my early days with diabetes, I was low, I kept being around the cole of Juan in case they called me to the mobile immediately ... the truth that I surrendered that time, in the school her teacher wasHe implied, and in the institute I am lucky that his professor of gymnastics has a daughter of the age of Juan who is diabetic and dominates the subject, that gives me very much tranquility.
I have also taken confidence for the nights, we are lucky that Juan, since he debuted, has never had to measure at night, and when he has had an hiccup he wakes up, he calls me and accompanied the kitchen to take something... So sometimes I feel fortunate with the diabetes that has touched us ...: oops: and I would like it to last a long time ...
A kiss to all daddies

DiabetesForo
06/02/2008 5:10 a.m.

Jo Velia:
It seems that we all live the same life.We do everything the same, it is as if we agree.Maria is taken care of all the children and every day the measures she had at 11th of the recess are pointed out in her hand and when they see me they come to give me and tell me if the sandwich, the actimel, the juice or everything is taken.
You will have the most disrupted and bad, they must think that it is like a superwoman or something.
This equality of life is what makes me see a little his future when I see an adult diabetic with his children, work, etc.And that also started with a few years.
Seeing this, it is worth all our struggle and sacrifice.Or not?

DiabetesForo
06/02/2008 5:38 a.m.

Good afternoon already !!!!!!!!!!!!

How do everyone?Mani, from here also my congratulations for the results of the child, note all other tests touch him in September.

Wow, I see that school's fear is general, I thought it was me apprehensing it.Hopefully Noe touches a teacher or an apparent teacher and wants to get involved in the subject.Here the lists come out on Friday, I still have four days of nerves.

Beky How did everything go?And your knee?

Well, let's see if Friego la Loza, that today I am killing with two friends of Noe, what a trio!Let's see the one that bundled me.Kisses.

DiabetesForo
06/02/2008 9:47 a.m.

Good afternoon!!

Today Monday, "Zafarrancho" at home .... which after the weekend this looks like a "pitched battle" ...., today of "Maruja", which I like little on Mondays !!Above today is like a goat, suddenly the sun rises 8), as in five minutes it is raining :?.

Jose and Velia thanks for telling us your experiences with the school, the truth is that you have given me a little tranquility, especially in what their classmates help Maria and Angela in the controls and see it as normal, that isAnother concern that I have, that her classmates get to separate her for being "different" and that they do not accept it normally.

Marcita that does not happen to you with the three buses :))

Becky beautiful, I hope your news impatient ...

Well I'm going to see if I just "set" ... What a roll!

See you later!

mari.gar's profile photo
mari.gar
06/02/2008 11:02 a.m.

Goodaaaaaaaas!

We have survived in the afternoon, although I have had to referee on more than one occasion :?.Noe's friends, when they have seen that I have made control, they have started crying and they have called me everything to prick and make blood to their friend, thankfully my jellyle has come out in my defense, but they take me out theEyes, so I don't know how it will be in school, where there will be 25 instead of two.:?

Well, my little bath, dinner, punctured and dead of tiredness, to see if I entertain it until half past ten.Kisses to all and come back tomorrow.

DiabetesForo
06/02/2008 3:54 p.m.

Holas girls and boy;)

Thanks for the congratulations, the truth is that this hemo I like because it has barely had declines, I do not think it has dropped from 60, so much better.

Jose and Velia thanks for telling you your experiences, in the nursery that I took to Nico we also had to be at the beginning very pending.Hopefully we are lucky and take it for next year because it is the only place where they do the controls and put insulin.Of course, if we get it, it will not have been an easy task because you can not imagine the amount of doors we have called, from the bottom to top, come on because it gives me something but impressive.Everything is to find a less complicated future to the child.

Well the results of Nacho negatives in Celiaquía, I often responded already trembling, I have only sent me iron because it is a bit loose of red blood cells.

Marcita Menuda late will have passed with 3, with 2 there are days that go crazy, so I don't want to think about it.

Mari.gar will have left the house like the jets of gold right?:)) On Mondays they had to erase them from the map, they are always days of a lot of jaleo.

Beky when you can tell us that such Nyah, and how about the meter, if he truly warns in hypos and things.I imagine that you will be very entertaining pointing everything, so when you have a hole you tell us.

Kisses for everyone and for the little one larger one.

mani05's profile photo
mani05
06/02/2008 5:38 p.m.

Mamide Juan who believed that you had written this on the route and I was going to answer you there.

That thanks to you also for telling us the experience with Juan, knowing that everyone is going well reassures us to those who now have that fear.I also hope that Juan's diabetes does not change because he is privileged, I hope he lasts until they find the cure.:)

Kisses also for you, for your husband and for that handsome boy you have.

mani05's profile photo
mani05
06/02/2008 5:43 p.m.

Hello family .......
Finally a little relax ....... Ayyyyy.I tell you, the meter was an armatos as you said Velia: X, not to whistle every time he eats until the insulin effects him, with the hypos I have not yet been able to verify it because he has not had any.I have to be putting all the data of hydrates, insulins, exercise and glycemia, we go because it is only for 3 days ..., because on top of the glycemia on the screen they are not seen constantly if not every 5 minutes and I do not have so much timeAs if to be with the pot of hand all the time.I can't leave it away from Nyah more than two meters because it loses the signal.They have told us to make normal life but fear makes me take it to the save and that it falls and breaks or falls to the W.C with what we weighs.
From the hemo the great told me, "but that very well !!!!!":?....... I don't understand anything, really.
And from school, we have not wanted to, but hey, to see if I can solve it or if we will not have to endure.
Ah, the knee today better, thanks, tomorrow touches worse, that goes for a good day, day bad, heh.
Well, and you ????I see that glycems have accompanied you.
Jose, it seems amazing that Maria so small has been so responsible, I am not raised that she is a hero in her class.By the way, I remembered yoga, I didn't know they gave it so tiny.I will find out.
Mani, as I have been glad of Nacho, you will have breathed.And Nico's hem without comments, you are on the way to catch Juan :)) to see if they do anything with the school, milk, you will tell me.
Mommy, pass more often here than one more mother with new tips is always a more support for others, even if you are fortunate, hopefully you would force it more ..........
Mari, Marcita, Paz ......
Kisses for everyone I'm going to Momir.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
06/02/2008 7:53 p.m.

Hello to all:
: Arrow: Mani, if you find a school where they put the insulin and do the controls, or think about it, I see that unattainable, we go a utopia.It would be absolute tranquility, I do not imagine at this point in the bargain without the uneasiness in the subconscious of how it will be, seeing if the 11 pass and do not call me, if the 13th arrive and neither, ufff, today nothing happened ...
When I debut, in the middle of the course, Maria comia at school and since we did not want her return after admission to be too traumatic, we decided to leave it equally in the dining room, but we had to hire a person who put the insulin and accompany herIn the dining room to make sure that it ate enough.The mid -morning controls were going to be done in a bargain escape.Today it is already autonomous, your controls are done and her 12 -year -old sister puts insulin.We are breathing.
: Arrow: Beky, the yoga was not easy.As you say, it is not normal for them to give such a small girl class.We located a girl who taught adults and likes the challenge of teaching a 4 -year -old girl with Maria's problem.In principle it gave her alone and then another girl of the same age was added.He spent a couple of years and the truth that helped him quite a lot to control the nerves and fears that inevitably invaded him.He learned to breathe and relax, in short to dominate his mind and body a little more.
Today only goes to catechesis (for the year we make us the 1st communion) and 2 days per week to train Squash with his sister.

DiabetesForo
06/03/2008 2:57 a.m.

Good and sunny days 8) !!

The sun finally wears, hopefully it does not spoil.

Here without news, with the same usual routine ... Ainhoa ​​has a few days with good levels: P, I will not speak very high ..., that whenever I say something we spoil the good run.

I am glad that Nacho's evidence came out negative, often relief ..., you with two, of course you will not have time to get bored.Hopefully you touch that "jewel" of school, there is no school here that you do controls and put the insu, I hope your fight in the end has its reward, you'll see how.

Beky to your great there is no one who understands it:!: Well, better, that I already saw you alert with the "cannons" prepared to shoot at the minimum: twisted: ...
In the end there has been no luck with the school: ((, Do you have very far away the one that has touched you?
With the patience meter ...., you will catch the truquillo.

Jose I am thinking about yoga but for me, because one day of these I will end up unfortunate from my nerves: shock :.

Many kisses and have a good day.

mari.gar's profile photo
mari.gar
06/03/2008 5:21 a.m.

Hello daddies !!
I congratulate Mani in this thread again for Nacho, although I have already given it on the route;), and of course you deserve to be given in that place for what you have fought so much.
Beky, you already told me yesterday the Armatoste that is the meter, and the annoying of the continuous beep while it is high ... Let's see how you have taken the night.
As Mari.gar says you'll get used to it, the bad thing is that when you take the truquillo they take it away that is only for three days.Let's see if it is for something, lift !!, and you get the bomb.
Kisses for all !!

DiabetesForo
06/03/2008 7:32 a.m.

Good morning to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beky, I'm glad your knee better, to see if these three days of the meter pass soon and soon get the bomb.And how does the little girl follow?Let's see if you can solve the school, I in embers until Friday, that the lists do not come out.

Mani, I repeat the congratulations here for the results of your boys.

Jose, I imagine how difficult the Maria diabetes principle was in school, and as the superchica that is does not need anything, as you said, these little ones mature before.

Noe tonight has had a descent, last night after dinner he had 180 and was so tired that he didn't want to eat anything, so we thought he was not so bad and we used it, and at 2 he already had 61, it was the first timesleeping juice, which seemed unthinkable in it and this morning has risen with 84. so that then it tells me the stup-eating that you go to bed with 130,

Well, you have a good day.Kisses.

DiabetesForo
06/03/2008 8:45 a.m.

Hello everyone.

I have two girls of three and five years.The older of five years, diabetics since the age of 18.Insulin bomb is currently

With her the experience in the school has been disparate.

The first year had a teacher who didn't want to take care of anything.
It has also had very unstable diabetes from the beginning.So I was in charge of going control in mid -morning.I reduced my day and although I had a person at home because the little girl had a year, I was going to administer the insulin, before the meals, because this person even though she was willing to do the controls, she was afraid to manage theinsulin.

In the afternoon during the first quarter of the first year I almost did not take it.
When I arrived from the school I threw it for a while and if before going to school I was or very high or very low stayed with me.Then he was going discontinuously.

At the end of this first year of schooling they put the insulin bomb.

During the second year he had a teacher who despite being a diabetic was not involved at all.
At most he agreed to do some control when he had psychomotor and stop the bomb.
More than a day the somewhat justious breeding of the school came out.

It was more continuous to school thanks, especially that with the insulin bomb I could better control its diabetes and that I was at all times.

In the current year it is in another center and in another town.

The school in this case has turned.

The reason for the change was that I separated from his father for ill -treatment.

The center got a person who is responsible for doing the controls, and with guidelines that his pediatrician and I give him depending on what he is going to eat, what he will do and a lot of more conditions, he is responsible for managing himInsulin.

I have been lucky that this person is exceptional both for their human and professional quality.

The tutor and the rest of the teachers have also had a great deal with her and helped her to integrate quickly.

The road has not been easy, because his father has done everything possible to hinder his work.At first, putting fear of a possible hypo, then threatening them with denouncing if I had it, etc, etc.

My little daughter thanks to God adapted well and my family is also helping me a lot.

My daughter's pediatrician has also been there at all times.

As the saying goes a door closes but another

I hope my experience can be worth something and I am at your disposal for what you want

A hug

macllaudi's profile photo
macllaudi
06/03/2008 9:46 a.m.

Maclaudi, with a couple, yes sir.

The new life looks much better, and it will be safe.

I am glad that in the new school you are being so lucky.

A hug.

DiabetesForo
06/03/2008 12:35 p.m.

Welcome Macllaudi !!

Thank you for telling us your experience, for what you tell us you must have had a very bad time, but I think you are a very brave person when you dare to tell it in this thread.

Your story helps us, and much, because here we are a few moms that we have children who start this course, we have fears and concern because we do not know what kind of people we will find: ??.

I'm glad you found good people who are helping you, because I think after what you have fought, you deserve it.I send you a lot of courage to stop fighting and here you have me for what you need.

A very strong hug for you and your two girls.

mari.gar's profile photo
mari.gar
06/03/2008 12:42 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.