Doubt Lantus

cakemgia's profile photo   04/07/2010 6:41 a.m.

Hello, I have a new endocrine and I have changed the treatment. Because of explaining in detail the topic rations has put me lantus (at night) and novorapid depending on the rations I eat.Well, my doubt is:

In the case that the Lantus puts me at night, before with the Novomix, as soon as I get up, I put insulin and eat the sandwich and the glass of milk, with Lantus is it necessary to have breakfast as soon as you get up ???Or can I afford to have a coffee (7 am) and later (at 9 am p.ej) put a novorapid and breakfast?:-/

I hope I explained to me. I hope your opinions. Thank you.

cakemgia's profile photo
cakemgia
04/07/2010 6:41 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If the lantus have it well tight, you can eat (or not eat) at the hours that come best.
That is one of the biggest advantages.If one day you want to get out late, or eat at heartbeat, or skip a meal, nothing happens.Of course, you must have the Lantus well tight, so I advise you to wait a few days and try.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/07/2010 7:17 a.m.

Thanks Alea;)
It is exactly what the endo has told me, I have freedom of schedules, which is already very much !!!! But I wanted to comment with you because you give me a lot of confidence, more than anything because the theory is not the same as practices!!!
a kiss .

cakemgia's profile photo
cakemgia
04/07/2010 7:23 a.m.

Hello, I am new in this forum. I put the lantus in the morning when I get up and I have no problem with the schedules, it is more is what the endocrine has told you.In my case even if breakfast or dinner is small and not like many hydrates, I do not wear the novorapid. Crazy, but if I wear the novorapid they give me very strong hiccups. I would like to know how to know about opinion. Thank you

DiabetesForo
05/11/2010 3:51 p.m.

Hi Malan
It is possible what you comment ... each is a world: honeymoon, hypersensitivity to insulin, much exercise, a lot of lantus ............. are some of the factors that can explain whatWhat do you comment.

The human body are not mathematics ... it can happen that with hardly any carbohydrates in a meal you do not need ultra -grape insulin ........ Although the flies would control that with a postpandrial blood glucose for some time.

DiabetesForo
05/11/2010 4:07 p.m.

If I already made a test later and perfectly, Siants of the dinner was 70 or 80 later I put in 120 and even in case the flies before bed and another., I am not up or down in a short time.

DiabetesForo
05/12/2010 1:15 p.m.

Hi, Maloan, welcome.

You are still on a honeymoon.I say it for not needing novorapid at meals.
Anyway, each one must put the insulin you need and, if you are going well, then, which is what you need.

Health

DiabetesForo
05/12/2010 2 p.m.

Thanks Alea.
My state is not honeymoon, I have been a lifetime with diabetes, 23 years.My case is one of the few in the k I was born with the lanherhans cells destroyed. They did little studio tests to see my genes and what problem could it happen in pregnancy. Jeje.Asik That is why all the k recently debutBecause everything is learned and in the end everything is simpler. Jeje.

DiabetesForo
05/13/2010 3:40 p.m.

Hi Malan.
Now I have been with Lantus for 1 month, I have accepted it very well, they gave me down after dinner but I, instead of removing the fast from dinner, lowering the lantus 2 units and the hand of Santo: Lol
In this you already know, each master has its booklet.
Greetings to everyone.

cakemgia's profile photo
cakemgia
05/17/2010 2:46 a.m.

Hello, I am Natalia de Rosario Santa Fe Argentina, I am 30 years old and I have 20 diabetes ... I apply Lantus a month and I help with Apidra but I do not have good news, the first 15 days with this new treatment was happy, sinceWhen I was measured, I had 90 but it seems that my body gets used to or won the disease, the thing is that I am very bad, very high, values ​​of 400 and up to 500, then it can go down to 40 .. A madness!Imagine how my animic state is, my desire, my body, really very tired ... some say that I must stop by asking me for a license to stop the madness a little and then retake ... It is true that Eel stresses coloboras for badNo? Help !!I am a teacher and I love what I do, I do not want to stop working ... and I do not understand why my body after 15 days is doing this if at first everything was going well ... if they know ... I listen ... Kisses thanks!

natalia's profile photo
natalia
05/17/2010 10:49 a.m.

Natalia, the first thing you should do is write down the doses that you get and make, for several days, a full profile, that is, a blood glucose before each meal and a two hours after each meal, as well as an early morning blood glucose.
Also write down the rations you eat at each intake.
With this in your hand, analyze at what time you have the climbs and when the descents.
The preprandial figures (those taken on an empty stomach, before meals) are due to the Lantus.If they are high, you must increase the Lantus.If they are low, lower the lantus.
Prostprandial figures depend on the Apidra.If they are high, you should climb Apidra and, if they are low, you will have to lower the apidra.
Try those days to carry a similar diet, not to introduce more variables.
The advisable thing is that, with the data noted, you go to your endocrine consultation, so that the doses are adjusted well.
Greetings and welcome to the club.

DiabetesForo
05/17/2010 11:35 a.m.

Helloaaaaaaaaaa, goodssssss
Today I went to the educator, he told me that everything is good, I got off the Lantus to 12 because in the morning I had the values ​​a low pelin.Today I start the week of nights at the work, it is the first week of nights since my debut, and there was a worried pelin, I already reassured me and told me what I had to do, he told me that when I have breakfast about 6 in the morningI do not put insulin, and before going to bed I eat two yogurts with 2 cookies, my fear was and that is that I give me a hip sleeping, it is that when sleeping in the morning it is very different at night, anyway if I have any problem the problemI have to call, the truth is that I play a Majisima educator, it's a sun
I comment on the bomb, if I would have the possibility of putting it, he has not advised me.
By the way, a question, here in the forum, is there a thread to talk about things, not to diabetes?is that I do not find the section
The rest without news, it seems that there is a week of good weather, which since the start of the month, has not stopped raining
All the best,

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
05/17/2010 11:45 a.m.

Anabeg, great news, although I don't know why the bomb is not recommended.Maybe because you still have been.

The thread to talk about things that are not diabetes is completely down, according to the main page of the forum.It is called "general."If the subject you are looking for, you can open a new topic.

Greetings

DiabetesForo
05/17/2010 12:17 p.m.

Helloaaaaaaaaaaa, good
Alea, he told me that Lcon to BombThe Basque Country, no, you know each doctor has its criteria, the same as another doctor is delighted to put it
I get the doisis of Lantus to 12, and I don't know, after meals I have a lot, yesterday after dinner 186 and at breakfast this similar morning, I'm going to look now to see, before I stayed short and short pelin before mealsAnd now I spend, often mess, if I keep it, I call it tomorrow
MUXUSSSSSSSSSSS

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
05/18/2010 11:09 a.m.

Helloaaaaaaaa, goodssssss
This week I am working on nights, on Monday the educator went down to 12 La Lantus, from fast I put 2-3-2, being of nights everything is different, ceno at 10:00 p.m. I put my dose 2 fast and 12Lantus, about 6 in the morning breakfast, I commented on the educator who did not put anything on me, and when I wake up around 15: 00hrs I put 3 fast.The problem is that I get to the food low, when I get up and measure, yesterday I had 60 and today 55, how curious that at 12 noon I have woken up, I measured myself and had 138, which I do not understand how it is that it is that it is thatIn 3 hours I get from 138 to 55: shock :: Shock:
It is clear that something fails, I do not know if it is the lantus, the fast one, I am afraid to try to change doses, and go worse, at breakfast any problem and at dinner either, the problem is in food, and of course notI find out when I am 55, as is the time to eat because how and already this.Until now I have done very well, but being this week of nights because it is changing the thing, today I was going to call the educator but I no longer arrive on time, that it is until 2:00 p.m.
All the best,
ANN

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
05/20/2010 10:47 a.m.

If you have breakfast without getting quickly and, even so, you get off the food, I think you still have Lantus.
Maybe you must lower the lantus and get quickly to breakfast.Tell him with the educator tomorrow, to see.

Health

DiabetesForo
05/20/2010 11:28 a.m.

If the problem is only before eating, take something to get well.I wouldn't touch anything else if the rest of the day you are fine ..
Greetings :)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/20/2010 12:25 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I have read you again and I see that you go down a lot while you sleep. You would have to look at how these two hours after breakfast, if you see that you are high and that you wake up, then you have plenty of Lantus, as Alea says.The problem of lowering Lantus is that it may no longer last 24 hours and, when changing shifts, it is complicated, but you can not risk that descent while sleeping.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/20/2010 4:55 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Helloaaaaaaaa, good
Thanks Alea, Regina, I am in the curro, before dinner he put less Lantus, to see how the thing is going, anyway I call the educator, to see what she says.
MUXUSSSSSS

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
05/20/2010 5:36 p.m.

Thanks Regina, Alea,
Yesterday when I put 2 doses less of Lantus, I have been great, the most stable values, not so righteous, I am grateful to you for the answer, thank you really
Yesterday I was reading many things from the forum and it has helped me a lot
Muuxussssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
05/21/2010 5:41 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.