Doubt Lantus

cakemgia's profile photo   04/07/2010 6:41 a.m.

Zoilo, to see if you have well adjusted the Lantus, you have to wake up with good values, but have similar values ​​when you go to bed.Then you know if Lantus keeps you stable.

For example, you go to bed with 130 at 12 at night and get up with 100 at 8 in the morning.That would be a good Lantus adjustment.
The problem is that it does not usually last 24 hours, unless you spend a little dose, so it is usually better to put it in the morning, to spend a little, but be able to compensate with some snack for the day.
At least that's the experience I have with my daughter>: D <

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/21/2014 5:59 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks Regina, that's why my son will open up to 7 now, the pediatrician commented that this would come better in the morning.For the snack to "compensate" without problem ... because snack twice.: D

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
04/22/2014 12:26 p.m.

Mamá de diabético. 15-10-2013. Lucas 6 años.
Hija de diabético. 73 años y diabético desde los 20!!

Well, I have a problem with the Lantus, and it does not seem to take much effect.I get 16 in the morning, and usually arrive at food.At night 20, and I usually get high.If I lie with 190, I get up with 190. It seems to do nothing, or not serve anything.
Instead a couple of weeks ago, that at two and a half hours of having died to go to bed, I had 185. I still took the glass of milk and a couple of cookies before bed.I realized then that after dinner I had forgotten plug the lantus, and I put it on.And I went to bed.Five minutes (about 15 after I measured and have 185, and about 10 after having taken something) I feel with a fatal heart, I get up and I have less than 40.
The rapid could not be, obviously.The Lantus I see it as the poorest invention of recent years.It doesn't regulate anything during the day, and sometimes it can give tremendous declines.Just as sometimes I get in identical figures I can get up with it, or with 70. And they sold it to me as an "intelligent insulin."

I see the lantus as the dumbo pen, the placebo of the diabetics.And above it is more expensive.Many people say it is better ... because they have faith in it.I have not seen any substantial improvement since I use it.None.

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
04/22/2014 2:23 p.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Hi @danielpd,

In my case, I compare the time I used Mixtard insulins and then with the Lantus, and it is better, it is, in my case, more stable, although it does not cover 24 hours, I take it into account and regulate with the quick.

In my opinion, it is managed much better than with the mixed, which never just found the point, and less with corrections.

In your case, have you ever taken continuous monitor?, I think it could help you to level you better.

fer's profile photo
fer
04/22/2014 6:03 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I used the fast and the mix 50 many years, and it is never that it was very good ... but now I am not better.I do not see what the lantus does in my body, because I have ever forgotten to put it on and I was just like the rest of the days ...
The continuous meter has been thinking about it for a long time, and I know someone whose daughter has it, but between which it does not speak to me very well, and that it tells me that the spare parts come to more than 300 euros a month ... Well, with doubleWe live in my house every month.Neither dreaming can afford it.
Of course I would be much quieter to be able to look at every moment, almost in real time, sugar, and especially the trend ... and I suppose it would also help me control better.But it is prohibitive to me (and for 75% of Spaniards, I think ...).

Apart from speaking of "cure", that these devices improve and become affordable (what the advances in other fields of technology are absolutely incredible that this leads beyond 2015 if it is not for an express will to prevent itor stop it) is the only opportunity I have to survive this.

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
04/22/2014 6:14 p.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Daniel, if you go to bed and get up with the same figures, you have the lantus very regulated at night, and it is maintaining the stable glucose, which is its function.If it weren't for that, you would get up much higher.It does not seem that you have bad values, what hemoglobin do you have?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/22/2014 7:30 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

The last 8'4 ... and it is not that it is bad ... is that it is the best figure I have had in ten years !!!
So I see the complications just around the corner and I am accusing *******

I don't know how people can stay close to 100. If one day I measure me at two hours of eating, and I have 120 (if any strange day happens to me such a thing) I worry.I worry a lot.Because that means the same in half an hour or before I will be in hypoglycemia.He never stays where he is, always low or climb.And I count on those levels, is that he is going down.And very fast.

I don't even leave home without measuring.And if I have less than 160 or 150, I don't even leave.Because a very strong hypo has already happened to me in the street, which I did not realize until it was late.And I am superneurotic all day with sugar levels.

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
04/23/2014 3:20 a.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Daniel if in 10 years your best hemo has been 8.4 you must worry and much.Have you tried to get Lantus in a single puncture?Because it seems that you have Lantus sooo, at least at some point in the day.Have you tried with a levemir?Lantus if it does not last 24 hours lasts more than 12 and 16 units on the one hand and 20 by the other at some point they overlap or that seems.Levemir lasts 12 hours and maybe it would be better.And as you use a mix so it can already be a real disaster, gathering lantus, ultra -grape plus a mixed one seems impossible to control and a delay.
I also measure myself before leaving home, it seems to me the most normal if you have hours for the last measurement.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/23/2014 6:31 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, I don't know ... I put the lantus that the doctor recommended.Levemir is the one I used years ago, but they changed me because it is supposedly better.At breakfast and dinner is when I wear it.The fast before eating, of course, and then, with a difference of half an hour, the lantus.
Yes, I'm worried about the levels I have, but I can't improve them.I have had better levels, but also worse.
In everyday life I also prefer to always be "a little high", for example I prefer to have 160 than 110. Although I know it is bad in the long run, but I am calmer not having so "close" the hypo.

For example I cannot measure myself only six times a day as it is supposed to do.If at two hours of eating (at 3:00 more or less) I am more or less well, I can not endure until 8:30, when I ceno.Entity can get me up and down, and I have to know to control it.In addition, it also happens, at least to me, that I can be perfectly "acceptable" at two hours of a main meal, and that half an hour later gives me the yu-yu.Am I the only one who happens?Because it lifts, it is not possible to live.

Recently I have changed my endocrine, because with whom I had I never saw good results (although the fault will be mine, of course).Let's see if I now improve, at least between regenerative medicine and not.They have assured me that now I will improve my metabolic control, but I don't know ... it's so extremely difficult !!!

Look that I tell the hydrates, that I even bought a digital scale and weight everything to gram ... but nothing.Yesterday at hour and a half of eating I was in hiccup, and I had to take a glucose envelope.If I wait to measure myself at two hours, as I no longer notice hypoglycemia, I stay on the site.Total, that I measure me every hour and spending a lot of strips.And yet, I can't get good control.I want to go down to less than 7'5.I hope that the next analysis is closer to it, because I get hard to achieve it.

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
04/23/2014 6:51 a.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Daaniel, did you try to put a single dose of Lantus in the morning?I think you have too much lantus and that's why they give you those descents between meals.
Surely I would do better with a single dose of Lantus and faster in meals

(I suppose the pen you say will be Humalog or Novorapid, right?)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/23/2014 3:43 p.m.

Yes ... Humalog Pen, who now call him Kwik Pen.

I don't know if I can or should only put on a lantus.But the next time I go to the new endocrine I have, I will ask, and any other suggestion that they do here.Because I am very aware of having my sugar better and I fear the worst in terms of complications (although for now I am fine).

I also have high hopes in biotechnological advances: that can "repair" kidneys with stem cells, or other organs.I see that with technological "patches", the deafness has already been cured to 150,000 people, and the blindness is already in healing (or repair, rather, because cure does not really cure it) through digital devices.

But I already know two diabetics who have died with less than fifty years, and man ... does not make you live that perspective very happy ... as well as that of complications.If while any improvement is coming and I don't take much care of me, I hope to last longer and better;)

But I really see in everyone's signatures that you have 6 or little more hemoglobin, and I don't know how you achieve it without constant and dangerous declines.I have an atrocious fear.And seeing your excellent figures makes me feel fatal !!!

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
04/23/2014 4:10 p.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

I will also ask if I should carry a bomb of those, which I have never met and I don't know very well how they are going.But if I got better results, I do not doubt it: I use it.Well ... if the SS passes, of course ...

I suppose that will depend more on my new endocrine, or endocrine, as stated;that each master has its booklet ...

Any suggestion will be positively received: x

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
04/23/2014 4:14 p.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Daniel, Lantus always puts himself in a dose and if you are not doing well, better less that is usually put in two because its duration is 12 hours.
I insist that you have plenty of Lantus, especially because they overlap in a few hours of the day.You need to reorganize your treatment and if not, the pump.Tell it with your endocrine.

DiabetesForo
04/23/2014 6:18 p.m.

I carry Lantus in the morning and at night and Humalog for breakfast and dinner., And Novo Mix 70 Flex Pen to food.The lantus at dinner did not reach the food, I arrived with 250-300 figures to eat being perfect 2 hours after breakfast and the same thing happened to me in the morning, the perfect food and I reached dinner with the shot,So I put 1p for the mñna and 14 at night and at noon 6 of mixture at 70%, I bone a little more slowly at noon, I have a lot of basal, but it is how I am fine.
I have had times (2 years ago) only needed 14 of Lantus at night and the humalog of food, nothing to breakfast and dinner and it was not a honeymoon.
As you see each one and at every moment it has some needs, so Danielpd does not overwhelm, that you will see how you find your point, patience that yes, and you have to try, I carry an MCG and the truth is that it has helped me a lot, because for more controls that I did to me I did not control myself as it happens to you.
Tell the doctor to see if they leave you a couple of weeks pear see how you burn and be able to adjust a guideline

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/23/2014 6:56 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Gala, did you try to put the lantus in the morning?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/23/2014 8:33 p.m.

What is an MCG, gala?

I insist that if I get twice Lantus is because my endocrine so sent it to me, that I have not decided ...

In recent months I have been regulating a lot and lowering the food too, because I have to lose 10/15 kilos, and I am doing it.What happens is that I had descents, of course.And I have been going down the fast, the Humalog Kwik Pen.I am currently putting on breakfast, food and dinner, approximately half of what I put before, with that I say everything.But the slow, the Lantus, I have not touched her, I should still suggest regina.I will consult all this in June.

What happens to me is that I should not be very good telling the hydrates, even weighing.There are times that it seems to me that I take the fair, and it turns out that it happened to me, and there are days like yesterday (downward days, I call them) when both at food and dinner I had to eat later (before two hours)More, and even drink glucose, because they seemed not to reach the sugars to be above 100. Although the majority days (next days, xD!) are that for more insulin I wear, not, that I do not go down.These are a majority.But being as it should, never is.Brrrrr !!!!

I spend the fatal when I get high measurements.But when they get low, it happened even worse ...

If there is any "formula" to lower the lantus and equate it to the rapid, I listen to you.There in my signature I have the proportions.

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
04/24/2014 3:57 a.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

It is that if you lose weight and you are eating less you also have to modify the dose of Lantus, not just humalog ..... You have to modify everything.It is more than obvious that you have plenty of Lantus.When you go to consultation, plant all doubts and one of them is to try a single dose of Lantus in the morning .....

DiabetesForo
04/24/2014 5:29 a.m.

Well, of Lantus Sumo 36 units,
From Kwik Pen Sumo 21, 22, 23 ... if I have to put on a small supplement.

Do you think that both should be equated?I don't know if it should be.

Precisely what I was thinking lately was if I should not, instead of putting me lantus only once, also put something in the food to get better to dinner (lowering the dose of dinner and breakfast).But so, I would be clicking six times (although that's the least) and I don't know what difference I would have to use the mix 50 ...

If under the lantus, or do I get only once, wouldn't it get worse to the main meals?The same too high?It is supposed to use it for that, to be well from the moment the fast stops making effect ....... it is supposed to regulate you and all that roll ... although as I said, I do not knowIf you are doing well.

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
04/24/2014 5:40 a.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Daniel, do not look only at the examples that go wrong ... my father is now 73 years old and is diabetic since the 20th. It is true that now he is very bad and has all possible complications ... but Caray!He is diabetic 53 years ago and paraplegic 29 years ago, and did not count HC and knew the rapid with many years of evolution.So now, with all this that already exists we have to fight because the complications are 0, it is worth it and you can.I tell my son that, although he is only 6 years old, he is already very responsible.Cheer up

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
04/24/2014 7:42 a.m.

Mamá de diabético. 15-10-2013. Lucas 6 años.
Hija de diabético. 73 años y diabético desde los 20!!

Daniel, almost no one lasts the Lantus 24 hours, so it is important to look for the best schedule so that the last hours of Lantus that there is almost no effect can be compensated with the rapid food.In my case, the little time I used Lantus, I put it at 2 pm, I got up very well and the morning covered it with the Humalog of breakfast, I arrived perfect at the time of the food that Lantus put again.The point is that you try the best schedule for you and the dose you need, it takes time but compensates.
The dose depends on each one but more or less 50% of the total dose of insulin should be of the basal (Lantus), that is the theory, then in the day to day each one must adapt the treatment.

DiabetesForo
04/24/2014 7:58 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.