Doubt Lantus

cakemgia's profile photo   04/07/2010 6:41 a.m.

Hello!To all1 how interesting it is to read everything they tell ... it serves me, it makes me good ... it accompanies me !! Thank you! I was seeing and I go, acumade of my endo important changes ..... I'm going to wear Lantus 20In the morning and 15 at 6 pm and every time I eat, I measure myself and I put Apidra, I already understood that it is necessary, that the other does not help for meals .... I hope to be better ... yesterday, for example I had 50 in the morning, at noon (without getting an obvious apidra) before eating I had 70 and I didn't get apidra ... capable that is my error I say that I have to put me whenever I eat ... but IAsdusta with 70 to put on ... and to the noche at 20 I was 370 ... and Bue, tomorrow I start the modifications ... and thanks for everything ... I am scoring everything!kisses
Natalia

natalia's profile photo
natalia
05/23/2010 1:47 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Natalia, if you arrive with 70, or with low values ​​in general, put the apidra equally, but do it after eating instead of before.Thus, when insulin begins to take effect, glycemia is already raising food.

The lantus put in twice, I do not think it is necessary, because in theory it lasts the effect 24 hours, but for now leave it so if you do well.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/23/2010 10:03 a.m.

Natalia, with a dose of Lantus in the morning would have to be enough, in addition to Apidra in meals.
The Lantus, when well adjusted, maintains quite stable glycemia.If two hours after dinner (with Apidra) you are 140, in the morning when you wake up you would have to be around that figure.
It seems to me that a lot of lantus is being left over because, if you go to bed with 300 and you get up with 60, the Lantus does not keep you stable.
I would put Lantus just in the morning and apidra in all meals.
Tell him with the doctor, to see if he clarifies, because it seems a lie that he does not know how to prescribe insulin and is an endocrine

Look at the dose of my daughter (it is in my signature), it can serve as guidance even if each one takes their own dose (my daughter weighs 59 kg).
That you get better soon, and be careful with those "doctors" who do not read even the prospects.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/23/2010 7:17 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

hello everyone!THANK YOU!!I have been improving something, at least ... another question ... whenever they eat something is apidra or just dinner and lunch, my question goes if it is also necessary at breakfast and snack, since I for example always breakfast the same thing: twoToast of savings bread with spreadable cheese and a tea with milk ... and melting the same and ... that also includes hydrates!The same for what I have been evaluating myself that in the morning that hydrates does not affect so much ... for example dawn 120 Breakfast only I place lantus and at noon I have 90/100/120 ... but in the afternoon it is seen that the same does not happen... Merando and I have 230/250/200 to dinner ... I see there that your daughter gets apidra or the fast three times in the day ... what meals is it?I also suppose that it is the night that goes up so much due to the stres of the entire work day ...
I tell you that I am a psychology and that for me the emotional is more than important ..., at least it plays a lot of me! I believe even more important than adjusting the doses and diet because although it does that correctly (as other times I was, very stable) What happens in my environment affects me too much ... I can do the right diet, apply myself just but there are times that it seems that my body resists assimilating insulin ... or something like that ...
Something similar happens to you?
Kisses and thanks !!!
Natalia

natalia's profile photo
natalia
05/27/2010 9:48 p.m.

You need Apidra every time you eat anything with hydrates.
Adjusts the Lantus well (which is the one that regulates the glycemia on an empty stomach) and sees putting you apidra in each intake.
Little by little you will achieve it.
Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/28/2010 11 a.m.

Natalia, my daughter does not snack, unless something is low and then takes a cookie or something fast.
The fast is put on breakfast, food and dinner.It does not make more meals with hydrates.Lantus puts it alone in the morning.
If you want to snack, put two units of Apidra before, so as not to get high to dinner.
What better :)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/28/2010 11:54 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

I do not know if you keep putting Lantus too at night.That is why you don't need to apadra at breakfast, but it is normal to get Lantus only once a day and fast in all meals.
If you have insulin controlled, stress does not affect so much.I am now in full exams and continues with good values.So regulate insulin and don't worry about stress, which everyone has.:)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/28/2010 12:05 p.m.

Hi, I'm Natalia, again !!!
I tell you that I listened to them and that I am happy !!!!
Many, able to exaggerate a little but I cannot believe how I have been handling my glycemias ... They are correct ... Actually with this apply apidra in each meal, considering the hydrates that as ... I come Barbara !!!I always give me the values ​​between 100 - 80 - 90 - 130 - 140 - and in general it does not go from there ... there were times that I had 250 or up to 300 but only twice and I think it has to do with that I am new inCalculate the hydrates ... and I can do anyone yet ...
Thanks to you all because they allowed me to know a new technique that was available to my hands and did not know despite my 20 years with diabetes ... it is seen that I didn't need it as now ...
I feel that I can wave and that the disease does not handle me, I feel that I know to do so that it is regulated and no longer deposited in the insulin Magic Solusions ... now I understand the process
Thanks again !!!!
I am a little scared that this is for a while ... but good to fears you have to face them and I really do not see why I have changed if I do things well and if you have been working ... kisses
Nati

natalia's profile photo
natalia
06/10/2010 12:02 p.m.

I'm Natalia ...
I forgot about conserles that I have been applying ...
Lantus only once a day .... 28 units ..
Apidra to breakfast and snack 2 units and in lunch and dinner according to hydrates is varying ... the same goes between 7 or 5 units ...
Kisses
For my 30 years of age I come well right ??
Kisses

natalia's profile photo
natalia
06/10/2010 12:08 p.m.

Natalia, I'm very happy that you have found the right guideline, what time do you wear the lantus?
Comment with your doctor the changes you have made to know what you have to do with other patients.Because it seems a lie that he has not oriented you.
Now you know how it is done and if you have to make some change you can handle it.With the well -adjusted lantus you can have freedom of schedules in meals and even skip some food if you want.With a little more quickly you can also give yourself some sweet whim from time to time, it is a matter of practice and glucometer to calculate the birth insulin.

A hug: d

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/10/2010 4:57 p.m.

Good afternoon I am Marial, I've been finding you for a long time with you but I read you a lot, because what I read you quite learned.I get in touch with you in case you can help me I have a problem and let it be with Lantus and I would like to help me.I tell you my glycemia are the following AD: 59, 69 very low, DD: 114,120 I think that perfect, ac: 80,90,120 I think that good: 95, 100 I do not think that well ac: 150, 140 I think DC: 135,150 AllerAbout two o'clock in the morning I had 121, and the problem is after at the time of breakfast that I get up, I take 1 RC of HC before bedtime but I have been putting on if I get Lantus at 11 at night, you think you think thatDevo Lantus Download to correct this, if before dinner I arrive with that figure if under Lantus, it will not go up to one more, I do not know if you can help me, I ask you for help, my treatment is 19 lantus and novorapid d 5u c 6u c 4uRC HC Breakfast 4 Half M 2 Food 7 Snack Nothing 6 RC.I think I leave you well, I am adjusting doses and I need your help thanks

Marial's profile photo
Marial
04/15/2014 11:55 a.m.

Well, it seems to me that you have very good control. You wake up something low, but you can fix it with a little more recently.
If you saw that you get down a lot at night and that you risk having hypos while sleeping, it will better put the lantus in the morning.
Greetings :)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/15/2014 12:22 p.m.

Thank you very much for answering, how would you have to make the change?Put Lantus instead of waiting the next morning?I will not have a big climb that nohe to change Lantus in the morning, forgive if I ask you so much, I think I will try to prick in the morning

Marial's profile photo
Marial
04/15/2014 4:54 p.m.

You can get half the dose at night and, in the morning, the total dose.Watch the first days, in case you had to adjust guidelines

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/15/2014 6:25 p.m.

Thank you Regina for answering me. Boy has proved for a few days you have taken one more RC in Recena haover as you tell me at the beginning.Aller night I did it and today I get up with 180 I don't know what exhausted if he took less in the rightFrom Lantus as you explain to me.

Marial's profile photo
Marial
04/16/2014 7:31 a.m.

If you don't have no night hypos, you don't have to change the schedule.Take a lighter account, to go to bed around 130. And wipe at 3 or 4 in the morning.If you are well and for the day too, you don't need to make more changes.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/16/2014 11:59 a.m.

Thank you very much, for answering I will tell when you have been.

Marial's profile photo
Marial
04/16/2014 3:35 p.m.

Hi Regina Cielo I am already here, I have been, following the guideline and boy like Ceno at 8:30 am after dinner I have 150/160 I wear Lantus has 23 at 1 a.m. I put myself with 221 and thenI get up going down again, 43, don't I know what I can do to control that? I am discouraged. If I keep it so I will try to change the schedule, at 4 I wore an analysis to see how Lantus interacts at that time. What can you say? Thank you for being here, greetings

Marial's profile photo
Marial
04/20/2014 9:49 p.m.

Sorry I have not finished telling you, the schedule change is that I am afraid if I have everything I control since during the day I go quite well from after breakfast.Ace: 80 DC: 160 and then at 1 with 221 and tomorrow I will lift my

Marial's profile photo
Marial
04/20/2014 10:29 p.m.

You can put the Lantus at dinner time so that it starts to take effect before and do not have that climb at 1 in the morning.
But, if after having that climb, you get up, it is that you have excess of Lantus.If you lower the dose, it probably does not cover you 24 hours.
I think it's going to be much better put it in the morning.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/21/2014 5:23 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.