Well ... I also wanted to introduce myself

sweety's profile photo   02/07/2010 5:26 a.m.

I'm glad you are animated after the laser.How many sessions are?Are they very annoying?Sorry, Sweety, that I ask you so much about this but I fear what touches me, I have to go to the hospital ophtamologist on Tuesday and I am preparing for the worst.
I am from Madrid, but I have not live there for years.When I was young I was in the Madrid Diabetics Association, maybe it is good to inform you there and meet people.Here I met diabetic people through my endocrine, maybe you can ask yours to get in touch with other diabetics in your area.

greetings.

lola's profile photo
lola
02/18/2010 10:25 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good Lola ... calm that everything is very great and they don't have to do anything to you.
I still have three sessions.Two in one eye and another in which they have already given me a ... come on, that this seems to be made, a total of four, two per eye.But this time they have done it differently and in my opinion much more annoying.When they gave me the one again they anesthetized my eye with a few drops and then they gave me the laser.There were more sessions, about seven or so (between the two eyes).But nothing hurt, at the end of the session you already noticed some peck with the shots, but at all unbearable.And when you left you saw blurry (for the dilation of the pupil) and pink (for the laser lights).A few hours after new.But this time ... ufff ... after anesthesia with drops came anesthesia with needle.In itself it is not painful, it is like the dentist, notes that are crashing you, but also, you are seeing it.It was simply unpleasant.Then the procedure itself is the same as the other time, they give you the laser and you go home.This time with your eye covered because anesthesia can make you hurt without wanting or that you enter your eye and do not find out ... but as you go anesthesia you remember the whole family and nation of the good man.I advise who is going to do this to take a "gelogatíl (or similar) as soon as I get out of the consultation.The following days noticed discomfort, as if I had something in the eye, but inside and punctures when flickering.But I do not say that this happens to everyone, I do not know anyone who has done so, so you may have to contrast.Anyway, will you tell me what the ophthalmologist tells you, okay?But while your tranqula.
I guess on Monday I will meet people in the course ... I will tell you: D

sweety's profile photo
sweety
02/18/2010 10:46 a.m.

Hi Sweety!The town is Alcazar de San Juan in Ciudad Real, in terms of the sensor, I don't know ... for now it does not bother me, you are seeing a graph on the pump screen with the rises and descents of Azúca, and you can activate alarmsTo let you know if it rises above 250 mg and thus put on a bolus or if it goes more than the pump automatically stopped, but the differences of capillary glucose with the sensor sometimes vary greatly;This afternoon, for example, the sensor marked me 225 mg and yet when I have done the test I was 170mg, or the other day I marked 60mg and yet I had 138mg, on a mess.At the moment the doctor has activated me only the morning alarm, the rest little by little.It is so much information that overwhelms me, and almost every day I am reading the pump manuals, the sensor or the instructions on how to count the rations, it is like a small doctoral thesis!But well, I don't want to scare you, there are people who have been with the bomb for years and they are doing very well, I am a pipiola in this, and although I have been with our friend for 23 years, it never ceases to surprise me.
I hope you are lucky and put it in soon, so we can comment on the progress.Ahh, by the way luck in Valencia.Kisses!!: D

paula's profile photo
paula
02/18/2010 5:14 p.m.

Thank you Sweety for sharing your experience.How are you now?I already tell you the diagnosis next week.Let's cross your fingers.

Paula, you are with I see the Medtronic, right?Tell us how these first moments go with her.I have been bomb for 4 years and the truth is that I am very happy with her, and this year I want to go to I see.

Well I hope you both enjoy the advantages of the pump, and many encouragement !!

lola's profile photo
lola
02/18/2010 6:32 p.m.

Good morning girls .... Sweety, I recommend that you put the hyper alert in 150-180, you will have time to correct ... if you do it when you are in 250 you will be "high", keep in mind thatRapid insulin has its maximum effect between the hour and a half, and it is much more difficult to correction when one is already in such high figures .... Also if it is rising abruptly it is possible that those 250 are much more .... Another thing, the first day you must use the sensor to "calibrate it" well, I explain you, you have some way to teach the minilink what is the "high moment" the "low moment", the more calibrations you make you better, but take advantageEspecially when you are stable, do not do it when you are going up or down .... Then you will observe that from the 2nd day the measurements are much more similar (you may have a difference of 10 or 20), but that does not reallyIt matters so much, if you manage to maintain glycemia within a normal and stable horn, then what you should observe are the trends, when you lower you, why, when you upload and why, if repeated ...
From Valencia there are some for the forum.

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/19/2010 4:12 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thank you very much Velia, but I have to be very very sincere, everything has sounded to me to Japanese.I do not have the bomb and I am reading a lot, but I still do not know if they will put it on me and when they do what type it will be, whether or not the meter will have ... I am a disoriented basant. In any case, your message to Paula safeWhat is useful !!!But I hope soon being able to ask you many questions about the bomb and Paula, you get well for everything that you have to tell me later: d.
Yes, I have seen that Owash is from Valencia ... Let's see if the date of incorporation soon confirms.

Thanks Lola, I am fine, I still do not recover vision of the eye that gave me laser so I imagine there is no reversal.And now, nervously waiting for the next session.But well, in a couple of months everything will have finished for now.

Kisses

sweety's profile photo
sweety
02/19/2010 7:27 a.m.

Joooo, what mislead: Oops :: oops:, sorry Sweety ...
Well, Paula, I hope you read the message and can help you.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/19/2010 11:03 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hehe, nothing happens.I just hope to reread it and apply it very soon.: D

sweety's profile photo
sweety
02/19/2010 2:53 p.m.

Hellooo!If Lola I have seen her from Medtronic, but I don't know the difference she has with the other, according to the endo is more intuitive and better ...;);)
Velia goes mistake that you have on top!, if I was the one I asked in the insulin bomb forum what to do because I had a dinner at 11 a.m., thank you very much for your advice, the glusosa kept it at bay those hours, but as I always got upAs soon as I ate, but well when I came at 3 in the morning I corrected with a bolus.The problem I have is that I have many peaks and I do not know how to do so as not to have them so pronounced, anyway, the advice you have told me I will apply, the truth is that I do not have many handles.Ultimately what I have done has been to climb the basal and the insulin and carbohydrate ratio in the Bolus Wizard, I think the endo made it very low, it is that or I do not know how to calculate the portions well, what do you think?Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge, they are serving me with great help!: D.
Sweety, do not hesitate, I will try to catch up and help you in everything I can with the experience I acquire, but I think Velia is the great teacher on the subject.: P
Kisses to all !!!

paula's profile photo
paula
02/20/2010 11:32 a.m.

Yes, if they put the bomb you already remember me and my whole family, because I fry you to questions.Hahaha.Tomorrow I like the course, but I don't think they still tell me anything about the insulin pump.I don't know.I will tell you.

sweety's profile photo
sweety
02/21/2010 9:54 a.m.

Of course, ask everything you want.
What course is it?Isn't it a course to learn to handle the pump?
What a gossip I am!Good luck with the course.

lola's profile photo
lola
02/21/2010 4:59 p.m.

The same thing I say, Sweety, yes, if possible question in bomb thread, so we can help other people.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/21/2010 5:22 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

But ... Is it definitive that they put the bomb? If so, I am glad for you, you will see at the beginning it is a world but then you take the quiet;).And here we have our experts who advise us! That thanks to them I am applying what they tell me and is getting much better.
Kisses: d

paula's profile photo
paula
02/22/2010 8:22 a.m.

Jo, thanks!
... but I come super depred.I thought, for what the endo had told me, that the course was specific to bombs.But no, it has been food.I haven't been bad to refresh some things ... but nothing at all.Then I asked the educator and says that the bomb has to decide the endo (of course).Anyway, tomorrow I have consult with him.I will tell you that I am doing the course but repeat the bomb ... Well, I don't know.The same commands me to take wind.
The most frustrating thing was that there was a girl with a bomb, but without connecting, she wore a serum instead of insulin, to get used to her.But she doesn't want a bomb.And another girl that her endo has told her twice that you think about the bomb and it has happened to consult only twice ... (either do you want to put it) I do not know.Every day I am more convinced that I will not be lucky.I hope that today I see everything black further than the sobaco of a cricket and tomorrow be more lively.
Thanks for remembering!

sweety's profile photo
sweety
02/22/2010 9:36 a.m.

Courage, Sweety.

I had to fight for a long time for my daughter's bomb, but we defeated the reluctance and a year ago.You'll see how you get it at the end.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/22/2010 1:15 p.m.

Thank you Alea, but between the four years and peak that I have been waiting for in Andalusia and what I have here ... because if the woman had given me some indication ... I know.Anyway ... see tomorrow I tell him something or not.I am afraid that he will take wind.

sweety's profile photo
sweety
02/22/2010 1:38 p.m.

Come a woman, dare, you insist that whoever follows it gets it.Do you know if your endo has recommended the bomb to a patient?

lola's profile photo
lola
02/22/2010 2:42 p.m.

No, no idea.But well, I'm already calmer.Seeing tomorrow if he tells me something.
Thank you

sweety's profile photo
sweety
02/22/2010 3:49 p.m.

I was before with another different endocrine and I spent more than a year insisting that I wanted the bomb.Last year at these dates I decidedWith paperwork and preparation.With this I tell you that if you know any other endocrine in your area that puts it, I encourage you to change, but while tomorrow insisted (cry if necessary) sometimes until they see us desperate they do not open our ears!. Cheer up a woman you'll see how tomorrow you tell us yes, that they have already put you in the program and they are put with the paperwork!You tell us and do not give up.: D Kisses

paula's profile photo
paula
02/22/2010 4:34 p.m.

You have to continue insisting, Sweety, and also carry arguments .... Det detodus about the bomb, so that it is seen that you "dominate" the subject, and of course do not "smile" ... if you want the bomb,Surely in the end you will get it.
You already tell us how you are in the endo.
A hug.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/23/2010 4:39 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.