Well ... I also wanted to introduce myself

sweety's profile photo   02/07/2010 5:26 a.m.

Good ... Well, the truth is that I don't know very well how to introduce myself .... to see ... I am a diabetic since the age of 12 (now I have 29 springs -case 30).For different reasons I have not taken much until relatively recently.So, of all those barbarities now I have a fairly advanced proliferative retinopathy.I have a very healthy 9 -month -old baby who gives me strength to continue day by day and well, now I am in a controlled lack of control ... that is, it is not an lack of control to neglect but because I have no human form ofPut the sugar on the sidewalk.But I'm about it, I'm on it.So, since I am quite discouraged and lost ... Well, they have recommended that I look for a forum ... what maybe this would help me and well ... if my experience can also help, then even better.Well, don't roll up anymore.I'm going to go around the forum.
Greetings to all

sweety's profile photo
sweety
02/07/2010 5:26 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Sweety

Welcome.

9 -month motivation piece :)) .... Let's see if you dare and put a photo of your ninio.

Ask what you want ... that we will see to see what we answer: Mrgreen: ... Not seriously, however incredible that there are still people who care about others and try to help them, and in this forum there are manyExamplesThey have recommended you well.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/07/2010 6:20 a.m.

Sweety is never too late.

Instead of worrying about what you did not do well, learn from your mistakes and start enjoying.
Surely that 9 -month creature pushes more than a goods train :))

Now we are going to the second part: if you are trying good control and do not get it, it may be due to several factors (bad habits, poor medical follow -up, etc.)
Tell us what your treatment is, if you follow a diet by portions or you are going to eye, what kind of physical activity you have, and everything you can think of.The more data we have (Cotilleos is not necessary :))) We can help you.

Welcome home

DiabetesForo
02/07/2010 8:13 a.m.

Thank you!!
But where do I do it?I mean commenting what Alea tells me?Well, I tell it here and you already explain to me, Porfi.
Well yes, the truth is that my little one is a good motivation.But at the same time I am very afraid not to be able to grow up, that creates a lot of anxiety and of course, influences my levels of sugar.(Apart from other homeless problems that also add their own).
Exercise ... Ufff, you don't know what you have to run behind Marcos, which crawls them through the hall and you always want to strain in the forbidden rooms (the bathroom and the kitchen).And the 9 kilos that weighs ... too ... hehe.No, now seriously, I do not do another exercise, although in Madrid (which is where I am living now) it walks a lot and I am going to rehabilitation for a shoulder every day.
I am trying to keep up with the diet ... but it still has a hard time telling them and that ... I started with it recently.I want to go to a course that offer me in Social Security, but it matches me rehabilitation and I can't leave it because I don't recover the sessions ... Let's see if the next I can do it.The endocrine sees me all almost every week, but, although it is very very, the truth is that it does not help me much.He tells me things that I know ... the theory is simple ... but then it is not so easy.I suggested if I could put an insulin bomb, they have told me very well about them, but they don't even tell me that if not.Now I am with Lantus (12 units) and Novorapid (an average of 8 per food), Alomejor is that I have to be controlled to put the pump ... but of course, it is the fish that bite the tail.
Well, I better not roll up more than I don't even know if I am writing where I must.
Thanks once again.
(I put the photo tomorrow ... but I have the same problem I don't know how or where to put it)

sweety's profile photo
sweety
02/07/2010 5:52 p.m.

Hello!What value do you have when you wake up?That will give you an idea of ​​whether you have the lantus well regulated.What time do you put it on?My daughter is very good to put her in the morning (at 11h).Start by regulating the Lantus, the truth is that I think about what you wear ... but that depends on each one, of course.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/07/2010 6:57 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Welcome to the club, Sweety .... and it is never too late to start taking care of it !!!HC, s who have each food you usually take .... What you have to do is know how much insulin you should put yourself for each rion you eat, take into account the fats and proteins (so that you get an idea I usuallycount these as one more ration), and have the basal controlled, as Regina says ... if you get up high, you will surely miss Lantus, if your pre (preprandials, before meals), are good sure you haveThe well-adjusted lantus, if your postprandials, 2 hours after eating) are high, you may miss fast insulin .... Surely it helps you until insulin-dieta adjustments, having the same routine for a few days, and point the controls you make (even other would be to point to part of the amount of portions, the type of food), yes, yes, already, a little pain, but it helps, you will see .... ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah,And very important, although I know that many diabetics are not supporters, being very measured is key .... Then there will be time to jump out some control when stability is achieved.
With respect to the pump, keep insisting ... there is a thread of pumps in this forum, get up there and test everything you can so you can argue that you know the method and the good results it supposes, and of course it is the MejosSitema that is if you are uncontrolled (and if not, hahaha) ...
Come, a lot of courage and keep asking.
A hug.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/08/2010 3:36 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Welcome, Sweety.
Nothing to add to what you have already told you, just give you encouragement to keep this "friend" at bay and leave aside the thought of not seeing your child grow, so you will be calmer, you will better control diabetes, you will be moreanimated and without a doubt, you will meet your grandchildren ...;)
Kisses and encouragement.

DiabetesForo
02/08/2010 3:56 a.m.

Thank you so much!!
Well, I get up quite well, this week between 91 and 158 (well, for me right now that is good, I imagine that for others it will be wrong or regular) but at noon I arrived between 205 and 280. And at night the same.I put the lantus at night, at 10:00 p.m.Before I put it in the morning, I made me 16 and they gave me many declines.But the endo has been going down and up the quick.Now I also have to get quickly at mid -morning and mid -afternoon (for networks and a snack) ...
The many controls also do I think it is fundamental ... I realized before and during pregnancy and now too.But of course, that they tell the people who give the strips ... that it seems that she has to pay her pocket.Right now I do six or seven a day.There are a few days that I have to do some more in the middle of or mid -morning ... but I don't care that.It bothers me more to have to put insulin every time I drink coffee or apple.
With the rations I looked a lot, but what lies me the most is knowing how much insulin put me by ration of HC.I have calculated 1 by ration but it is worth some foods and for others.Anyway, little by little.I have been pointing what controls, to see if the endo is clarified as in parallel.Because I believe that the lantus is little and that it also does not last for a joke that supposedly hard.Because when I put it in the morning I was fine before food and dinner (even with hypos many times) and I got up very high.And now when I put it at night I get up "well" but I don't get to meals or dinner.
Thank you very much again ...
I go to the thread of the bombs ... that tomorrow I have endo ... Let's see if I convince him.I am also out of work until May and I think it would be a good time to put on the bomb since I can dedicate more time and that ... Anyway.

sweety's profile photo
sweety
02/08/2010 7:05 a.m.

Hi Sweety:

If it serves as comfort, your case looks a lot like mine.I also have since 12 with diabetes and now I have 31, I have never taken care of myself and now I start taking care of more.Since I put on the pump I have managed to control a little more but we have not dropped from 7.9.Although this is already an achievement for me.
I'm glad you had a healthy and beautiful child, so with such a good motivation you will surely control diabetes a little more.
I have raised that when I get a little more control, my levels were able to get pregnant, but as I go when I have managed to lower my hem, the rice will have passed.

I also detected a complication in my eyes, last year it was a small thing, but I have an annual review and I am "crowded" (forgiveness).

It happened to me the same with the Lantus, who thought not to me did not last 24 hours.In the end I went to the bomb and the truth is that best, so I hope you get your endo.

Much encouragement and greetings

lola's profile photo
lola
02/08/2010 10:36 a.m.

Yes, Sweety, Lantus does not cover you 24 hours.It happens many times.If you put in the buttock it slows its absorption a bit.
The same thing happened to my daughter.When he put it at night, he was very short.When passing it in the morning, it was able to increase the dose and extend its effect.There are times that you also have to put one or two units at night, so as not to get up.Have you tried it?(Although normally, it is not necessary).

If you are determined by the bomb, fight for it, which is the most physiological treatment and, here in the forum, you will find a lot of help.
A hug

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/08/2010 10:55 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Jo, then I lasted all day.Or so it seemed and we were phenomenal.Before pregnancy in 6. During pregnancy the highest was 6.8 and the lowest in 5.3.And now 8. (Even so, nothing to do with the 11 that I had previously to everything, of course).I do not know, to put on the night too, the truth is that with the six punctures a day of insulin, I am not funny to put one more ... of course that if I have no other remedy because we will have to do it.

Lola, if what you want is a little ... that is a motivation to lower the hemo ... hehe.The ophthalmologist told me that I have to end my offspring as soon as possible because of the subject of retinopathy.So, as vivid in a town lost by the hand of God, because without endo, or diets in portions, or anything ... it was like an empirical phase, I tried to see what I ate and how much and how it sat me ... inend ... a little brute.My diet was complete but very repetitive, so as not to get out of the parameters ... Come on, a buried and now seen what has been seen, quite unnecessary.But well ... the pregnancy was fine, which is the important thing and Marcos was born with 3,400 and 50 cm.by caesarean section at 38 weekly :) Of course, with hypoglycemia and excess red blood cells (nothing that was not solved with a good bibibe and a little sun).Wanting a baby motivated me.And now the fact of having him motivates me to take care of myself ... but I am very frustrated not to get it and anxiety can.

From the review you will tell how.Surely you are doing well.They give me laser on Wednesday (first session) but it is the second time they give it to me.The first was in 2008 before becoming pregnant.

Thanks again !!!

sweety's profile photo
sweety
02/08/2010 11:38 a.m.

Sweety, my daughter once put one or two units of Lantus at night, so as notThat Humalog in meals, and sometimes a cookie or fruit is taken in the afternoon without putting anything on, depending on how it is .. well .. I want to tell you that, putting it in the morning, you may be able to snack something without so much puncture ..

I'm glad you are animated with the bomb and get it soon.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/09/2010 6:34 p.m.

Hi Sweety, the truth is that I did not formally appear in the forum, I entered a question, because they have recently put a bomb, among other things because I was in a situation similar to yours, I could not control the hem, I've been with 8.3 for more than 3 years and not low!The fact is that I was also diagnosed with emotional stres, and although I didn't eat anything, I had 400mg, the endo recommended the bomb because I told him that I would like to get pregnant and I haven't been with her for a month.As for the emotional stres, everything has an explanation, I will tell a little of my personal life ..., I had anxiety attacks (I could not breathe, I felt continuously nervous, confused an attack with a descent ..., enfin adisaster, because those anxiety attack worsened for several factors one losing the interim at the S.I had married a "sick" What good people?Carrying hemoglobin as God commands, my dream is 6 of Hemo, I can bring my desired baby ... :).
Well I think I have already introduced myself in conditions, welcome, and I hope we continue in contact.

paula's profile photo
paula
02/10/2010 10:53 a.m.

Hello everyone;
I am new in this forum.I have diabetes since the age of 11 and now I have 32, I never take care of me enough and three years ago I started having eyes problems, by the time they detected it, I ended up in Quirofano with a vitrectomy and the following week with a retina detachment.I have lost a lot of vision in my right eye but the truth is that I continue to make my life perfectly.From what happened to my eyes I changed completely with respect to my diabetes, stop smoking, I began to take care of and now my hemoglobins always walk between 7 -7.5.
Next month they put the bomb, in principle although I do not have bad hemoglobins, if I usually have enough peaks, which despairs me.
I intend to go for a cry as soon as I manage to control the bomb, they have told me that it has a learning period of about 3-4 months.My biggest problem is that I have a horrible fear that during pregnancy my retinopathy advances.
Thank you all!

Aran's profile photo
Aran
02/12/2010 3:22 a.m.

Welcome to the forum, Aran ....
The truth is that you had to live a more difficult time in terms of diabetes and their way of controlling it ... now you have to look forward and keep taking care.Of course the bomb for me is the best method of the moment and its handling is very simple .... I believe that in a very short time you will be adapt and then to squeeze it well to get the best out.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/12/2010 3:54 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello good!
I have been somewhat lost because they gave me laser before and have done it in another way than the last time (two years ago) and this time I have been quite annoyed.And there are still three sessions.
Paula, what a political family that has touched you !!But there are such imbecil people everywhere.The truth is that a bit of everything has happened to you.Now where are you living?You'll see how you adapt soon.And as you say, if you have a husband who supports you, that is very very important, with which, something you have cattle.
Aran, welcome to the forum.I'm glad you also decided to take care of yourself.You will tell us how with that bomb.I am waiting for them to put it on.
I hope to keep in touch.I still see blurry and I don't know if it's normal.The other time I only lasted the blurred vision one day.
Ah, regarding retinopathy and pregnancy.They told me that, having proliferative retinopathy, if the childbirth was pregnant, it would have to be for Caesarea.And to end the offspring as soon as possible.Since the more advanced the retinopathy the more risk had.During pregnancy I did not advance.The last weeks I noticed that I was getting worse.I told my gynecologist and the caesarean section ahead of me a week.It was giving birth and recovering his eyes.I did the review and had not advanced anything.My problem came later.Marcos is already nine months and I have not yet managed to control the glycemia.Now I have an 8 hemo, but I can't control the subject.And the view continues to get worse ... I have to control it anyway.
Greetings and a lot of encouragement.The fact of wanting to have a baby encouraged me a lot.Surely you too.

sweety's profile photo
sweety
02/12/2010 5:58 p.m.

Thanks Sweety, as your name indicates you are very sweet.The truth is that thanks to my husband I am better, and little by little I am adapting, (now I am happier) I live now in Alcazar, and you?Hopefully I live nearby because I don't know many people around here, and less with diabetes.
I am very sorry for yours, the truth is that I also have it, but it is very slight, and I try not to think much ..., I have a review in March (I'm fearing: |, in case they tell me that it has advanced memore) I have already carried a few laser sessions.
I am very pleased to meet people as nice as you.: D

paula's profile photo
paula
02/15/2010 4:38 p.m.

How are you already, Sweety? I mean the laser ... to see if the effects happen soon ... when is the next session? .... courage !!!
The same for you, Paula ... sure you find someone near where you live, and if you don't have us, woman ...

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/16/2010 5:01 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Thanks Velia, today I have already put the sensor, ... I'll tell you how is it: P

paula's profile photo
paula
02/16/2010 2:24 p.m.

Hello good!!Thanks Paula !!I live now in Madrid capital, but I will move to Valencia in a few months because I start working there.That is why I hope to get the bomb before.I do not know how the thing will go in Valencia, but as in Andalusia I can give me the sun.So ... I trust that they tell me something this week when I do the course.
I do not know any diabetic person here in Madrid.Although there are surely.
I am already better from the laser, thanks Velia for asking.I have lost some vision.But I will wait for all the sessions to graduate.The next is the 25th if no unforeseen arises.
Paula, surely the review is going well.You will tell me.Sorry for the question, but where is Alcazar?I know several villages that start with that name.(Geography is not mine, hahahahaha).How about the sensor?I will enter for bombs, to see what you have counted, I've been a complete travel week and I have not been able to enter the forum.

Kisses!!!!

sweety's profile photo
sweety
02/18/2010 6:57 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.