{'en': 'Social Security ... what material is paid and what does not?', 'es': 'La seguridad social... ¿Que material se paga y que no?'} Image

Social Security ... what material is paid and what does not?

Nita_Wave's profile photo   08/21/2010 7:32 a.m.

What do you have and what you do not have to pay the material you use to control your diabetes?

I start ... Well, in Barcelona at first I only had to pay insulin (with its clear recipe), then I don't remember if the lancetas also had to buy ...

When I moved to Barcelona capital to live, from time to time I got them to give me any box, but not before having "fought" with them for needing a box of 100 needles for the bowling ... (I will explain that alreadyat another time).

And now when living here in the Canary Islands, I am surprised that I have to pay, more than insulin, have to pay the reactive strips !!!: Shock :: Shock :: Shock:

Incredible!!If here with the customs roll, etc ... (the lancetas give them).

Well, to see that "conditions" you have to be able to control you correctly.

Thank you!

Nita_Wave's profile photo
Nita_Wave
08/21/2010 7:32 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

My daughter pays only the minimum percentage of insulin.
We have free, apart from the consumables of the pump, the lancetas, glycemia strips, strips of ketones in blood, needles and I do not know if I forget something.
We are in Asturias.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/21/2010 7:42 a.m.

Nita_wave, I also live in the Canary Islands and I understand that paying for reactive strips you mean that you have to pay what they cost with recipe, right?

I have been two years old and it has always been so, we pay an amount, say "ridiculous" (compared to what they would cost without a recipe, it is understood), since I usually take three recipes of strips (freestyle lite), one ofLantus and one of Novorapid and now I don't remember exactly the amount, but it has never gone from 10 euros in total.

Needles have always provided them with the health center, without any problem and without charging me anything.

As for the lancetas, that does not cover social security (according to my doctor) but several times they have had them in the same health center and have given them, just like the needles, without charging me anything.

Although the truth, the lancetas does not affect me much since the change from pears to grapes, not because you have to pay them but because I forget, I hit months with the same lancet: mrgreen:

Carlos1979's profile photo
Carlos1979
08/21/2010 9:25 a.m.

Helloaaaaaaaa,
As I said in another post I just have to pay insulin, the rest of the material, lancetas, strips, needles, I supply the SS for free.
I am in Donostia (Gipuzkoa)

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
08/21/2010 10:57 a.m.

<BLOCKQUOTE CARLOS1979 "" = "" REL = ""

I have been two years old and it has always been so, we pay an amount, say "ridiculous" (compared to what they would cost without a recipe, it is understood), since I usually take three recipes of strips (freestyle lite), one ofLantus and one of Novorapid and now I don't remember exactly the amount, but it has never gone from 10 euros in total.

Needles have always provided them with the health center, without any problem and without charging me anything.

As for the lancetas, that does not cover social security (according to my doctor) but several times they have had them in the same health center and have given them, just like the needles, without charging me anything.

Although the truth, the lancetas does not affect me much since the change from pears to grape

Yes of course!I referred to the price with the recipes ... is that it would be something like a luxury to be diabetic.;)

Nita_Wave
08/21/2010 12:50 p.m.

I understand, I correct myself if I am wrong, that in the Valencian Community insulin is 100% covered by the S.S.No?

Nita_Wave
08/21/2010 12:51 p.m.

No, Nita_wave, in the Valencian Community insulin is paid the same as in the rest of Spain.

In general, the only differences that may be is:

- Lancetas;May I know, Castilla La Mancha is the only community that gives them.There may be cases, to give them in the outpatients at the initiative of the nurses of that center exclusively.

- Reactive strips;Depending on the autonomous community, they are collected in the outpatients and therefore nothing is paid;If they are issued by recipe there is contribution.

As I put in another post, all the materials that are dispensed in hospitals (bombs, insulin, strips, lancetas etc) There is no economic contribution by the patient.

I do not know if it is to pass, ask you to also contribute the reviews that make you ...
In Valencia:
- The retinographies in primary care tends to be carried out, especially they do not want to do them and do not accept derivations of the diabetes units;I am made an ophthalmologist almost hidden in the afternoon: shock:
- The feet have never reviewed them ... I don't know anyone who has done it.
- 1 time a year, they make me microalbumine and thyroid markers

DiabetesForo
08/21/2010 4:30 p.m.

Well, I am D Barcelona and the ophthalmologic review makes me review my endocrine every year in the same hospital where I go that is the hospital of Sant Pau, and my feet look at me if I do not end the ophthalmology nurse, I am super happy, I do 2 analytics a year that look at me all complete the month that comes to go and I have to take the urine

Debut: June 1991
Ultima glyd: 5.4
Novorapid: 3-3-3-3-2
Lantus: 21

barry's profile photo
barry
08/22/2010 4:41 p.m.

Nita I am also from the Canary Islands and it is normal for you to pay for strips and insulin, I pay as 0.45 cents per box of strips and insulin is also cheap with social security, also after everything they have done for me I am not going todie paying that amount.In the Negrín hospital they treat me in luxury, both the endocrine that I have that is very good, as the Pino and Bethlehem nurses are hunter.I have no words to thank the control they have had with me and what they have fought for me, I really have no words of enough thanks =).I already tell you something if ... but it is not much =) a very large kiss, what part of the Canary Islands are you?

DiabetesForo
09/19/2010 1:29 p.m.

I am from the Valencian Community and I pay the insulin, the strips (they also cost me € 0.45 with a recipe) and the lancetas of the glucometer (that those go without a recipe, which seems fatal to me because it costs me € 10'30 € each box).The needles for the bolis give them two in two boxes without grinding (yes, sometimes I have to wait because there is no nurse at reception, which I do not understand, since anyone can take a box and give it to me but finally).

All the best.

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/19/2010 3:11 p.m.

The analytics are sent to me by the endocrine every 3 or 4 months, now it touches me, thyroid and hemoglobin to C, 24h urine and eye bottom.The feet were looked at the other day the header.

Nube's profile photo
Nube
09/29/2010 3:53 p.m.

Diagnosticada en Agosto del 2009, solicite la curva de glucosa, diabetes melitus II, actualmente tomo Jentadueto, dos al día. Glicosilada 6,4

Well, octive how is the situation in some areas of Andalusia:

Type I diabetics (Limit 50 Month Strips) If they are poorly controlled, the strips in the health center have to beg (unjust situation that results in my opinion on the quality of life).

Diabetics type II insulinderent (limit I think in 30 strips month)

Type II diabetics in treatment with oral antidiabetics (strips are not supplied)

They are experiencing this to save.But I think one thing is to try not to abuse the strips and others cause situations in which a diabetic has to waste his time in begging.

pedro jiménez's profile photo
pedro jiménez
10/11/2010 3:21 p.m.

50 and 30 strips a month?: Shock: but that is totally outrageous ... I give me 200 (the truth is that it is great) and, if that month I have many hypos, even sometimes I stay a little short ...

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
10/11/2010 3:59 p.m.

Hello, I am in Extremadura.
Diabetes has been detected by a privada endocrine, my Endocrine of the SS only sent me to review Hormonal Analysis PQ as in theory I only went for my thyroid problem has not come out of there or a thousandths.

Yesterday, when I went to my header doctor, he gave me a meter that came with a pencil to prick and a box of reactive strips.

I do not know what they are even for the lancetas to be used and for the moment I only take metformin that pays the recipe quota

I can't tell you much more because I'm a rookie

kisses

brujawena's profile photo
brujawena
10/29/2010 8:10 a.m.

The lancetas are for the prick that is used to remove the drop of the finger's blood ...

DiabetesForo
10/31/2010 4:26 a.m.

Hello, I am in Vigo and I have to pay the lancetas, insulin and strips, although I am now in Leon q I am Leonesa and aki the strips m give them, Oh someone for ay d vigo ???Bsotes

rocio's profile photo
rocio
11/02/2010 4:51 p.m.

In Aragon:

Materials:

The lancetas pay them.
Strips and needles are given to you the primary assistance center (for the moment they have not put me fighting when asking)
Insulin, with recipe and is bought in the pharmacy.

Reviews:
With endocrine every 3 months, with complete blood analysis.

I look at my feet: Mrgreen: although the endocrine always asks me for them.

Eye background, the primary care doctor sent me when debuting.The endocrine told me that up to 5-6 years of illness I do not need to do it again (whenever the control was good).

In general, I am delighted with all the medical staff that has touched me, at the health center, in Le Hospital, in the Emergencies, in attention to address ...

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
11/03/2010 3:21 a.m.

I am in the Community of Madrid and the health center provides me without paying: strips, lancetas and needles.Insulin and glucagon buy them with recipe in the pharmacy and I think I pay about two fifty euros for the insulin feathers box.
I have ever had to buy the insulin outside Spain and have paid for about 40 euros, for the box of needles 23 euros and for reactive strips 90 euros: (((((

maravisa's profile photo
maravisa
11/04/2010 12:47 p.m.

Well, my short experience in Seville is summarized in what is being told: the lancet and needles are supplied by outpatients and insulin/reactive strips go with recipe and pay a minimum of nothing.At the moment, they have not put me trouble getting boats of 50 strips.I have been less than a month and almost spending 3.

But I am interested in knowing how the thing is going in Barcelona, ​​which I plan to move here for a few months.

pike's profile photo
pike
10/07/2015 11:34 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015-Novorapid 2/2/2/2-Toujeo(en proceso)-Mañana
Glucosilada 4/2017: 7,2

In Madrid, reactive strips (I use about 200 a month), needles (100 per month) and lancetas, are free at the Primary Care Center.Insulin with recipe, a novorapid box and one of Lantus per month, about 7 euros I think I remember, with a recipe in the pharmacy.Endocrine review in the hospital every 3 months with type 1 diabetes. Gllicate every 3 months.Nursing-Eduad in Hospital every month.Ophthalmology every year (with good control).To the health center I go every month for material and the nurse reviews me blood pressure and weight.In general, no complaint, more than competent health personnel and define the monitoring and attention of my illness as very good by pulling excellent.

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
10/08/2015 12:36 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.