{'en': 'Social Security ... what material is paid and what does not?', 'es': 'La seguridad social... ¿Que material se paga y que no?'} Image

Social Security ... what material is paid and what does not?

Nita_Wave's profile photo   08/21/2010 7:32 a.m.

In Madrid the truth is that I go "on demand" it is supposed to have monthly guidelines, but I am when I'm running out of supplies and now.

They give me an ambulatory:

- strips, which lately I do not take because I use the free
- Lancetas that the same.
- Needles, before syringes, now needle boxes, 2 every time I go, 5mm rositas that shows!
- Some bidon of needles I have taken, they put many pastes, they tell me to keep it in a glass jar and take it, and it makes me angry, I want Bidon!😆😆

I get in hospital or calling:
- Duplicate glucometer (now it costs a little more to get it)
- Pilas

In pharmacy paying the percentage:
- Insulina, I always have a box of plenty at home.
- Glucagon 2 one expired, but there it is still 🤭🤭

I think, but come on, they have ever put me in the ambulatory, especially when they are newcomers, until I tell them 4 things and relax ... that's what there is, I don't want to go, I don't want to useThis shit, do you want it for you?So they scratch and give it to me.

This is that, for me, or knowing that it exists ... but I need it to live ... it is what there is ... if I am not entitled, give it to me in writing and we will see.

In the pharmacies, however, always very well, that if I have no insulin, or I do not have the recipe or something happens, I do not worry, they would also give it to me (without paying the total) in all the ones I have gone (in Madrid), I have been told the same.

noko1987's profile photo
noko1987
04/16/2019 2:29 a.m.

Crónicas de un diabético gamer y currante a turnos 24x7
https://www.youtube.com/user/noko1987

In Madrid, Social Security gives me the following:
1. Health Center
They gave me a glucometer as soon as the disease was diagnosed.When I returned to the week they changed what they had given me for a new one.Nor had I realized that the first was used and was a loan;The second (Contour XT) was already in the box.
In addition, they give me the strips, lancetas, needles and bidon for needles (je, je, je, @nako1987).
Insulin and glucagon in the pharmacy.
2. Educator
In the first event he gave me another glucometer, Contour Next One.Also several booklets and the thorough meter, that is, Bayer's glass to measure the rations (when I saw that size were two rations almost does not give me).
And next week the educator has signed up for a meeting with Roche to give me the ACCU-Chek Aviva glucometer (I don't know if it is the Connect).
The truth is that I can't complain.

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
06/03/2019 11:52 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

They do not put me in Madrid or when I change the autonomous community.
They gave me a glucometer for my office like that I did not have to take it in my bag at Cuesta.
A few months ago they gave me another freestyle because mine does not read the strips well
I go to the nurse without previous appointment, he sneaks me down when he sees me in the room and gives me 3 boxes of the needles that I want (5, 6 or 8mm) strips for the free and lancetas.
In addition to the hateful yellow drum with the skulls.

The endo has told me that Madrid no longer has an agreement for Free strips.They have agreed with another laboratory

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/05/2019 12:03 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

amiranda said:

Anyway, I do not understand very well that, having an agreement with Abbott for Flash meters, do not have it for strips and glucometers.

For the simple fact that diabetics are business, if everything goes to Abbott (sensors, strips, etc.) the rest receives any money and are not interested in 😑

sil's profile photo
sil
06/05/2019 9:48 a.m.

FreeStyle Libre + MiaoMiao / Tresiba + Fiasp
DM1. Última HbA1c: 5,7%

I live in Madrid, and only payment reduced with the recipe insulin, needles, strips, launches and glucometer do not charge me anything ...

Samuel11489's profile photo
Samuel11489
06/09/2019 4:12 p.m.

DM 1 desde Junio de 1995
Humalog Kwik Pen D-T-N
Tresiba N

Hello, lately in the outpatient that I am, the nurses are being treated very badly since they changed they are very edges.Before they used to make me the doctor or the nurses quoted me and what the nurse told me left me very badly told me that they did not quote me because the doctor had told them that they would not quote me anymore, where the doctor and asked him and meHe said that if Avia bug asked why he said Esi and she only said and what happens?To say that this doctor is like a goat.Case and I had to go to me to do the analyzes, I have at least more than 6 months late and that and that ever every two and nothing or review of the nurses or the doctor I will change outpatient and doctorThere can be what they wanted if you see normal that doctor say nurses that do not make me the reviews that used me?

Dilan's profile photo
Dilan
06/10/2019 12:15 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I would tell you to put a complaint for patient care and ask for change of professionals.

There are professionals who leave much to be desired in all sectors.

If you have good control, it is normal for you to specify the Endo, but if not, you should have controls frequently until you stabilize yourself.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/10/2019 7:28 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I carry 10 years treating me with oral drugs and since my treatment does not consist of insulin I have been fighting with the SS (I have lived in several autonomous communities) and except an endocrine that gave me some strips to make me punctual control they do not prescribe me more thanThe drugs.I recognize that I do not have peaks as a person who administers insulin can have, but I cannot know if I get along the glycemia or how my body reacts according to what foods.The only control that I carry is glycosylated hemoglobin every 6 months.I still think that it is better to prevent than after having more expenses.If I can control the glycemia, it is now possible that I do not need insulin in the future, but blindly it is almost inevitable.

Goizalde's profile photo
Goizalde
10/05/2021 2:25 p.m.

In Catalonia:
Cap or ambulatory: reactive strips, strips ketone bodies, bolis and glucometer needles and prick boli.
Lancetas are paid in pharmacy together with insulin Q in many cases if you have disabilities and you are not working, it is free

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
10/09/2021 7:37 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.