{'en': 'Bomba debut ...', 'es': 'Debut con bomba...'} Image

Bomba debut ...

jorss's profile photo   02/03/2011 10:14 a.m.

Hello,

First I will introduce myself, my name is Jorge, I have 5 years with DB Acuestas hehe and well yesterday they put the bomb, after a few informative sessions and a period with the pump at home to practice to program and see the operation and well the truth that the truth thatAt the moment even though a little scared by possible setbacks .... which I hope are normal at the beginning, for the moment I have had a couple of descents and after dinner I was high, but well in general at the moment I am happy ...

So well, I'll tell how the thing is going,

Greetings to everyone

jorss's profile photo
jorss
02/03/2011 10:14 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Congratulations Jorss !!!
You will tell us that such the day by day with the pump, and if you see better results.At first, but hey, then you are correcting and little by little you will see how you get it. I debut with bomb on day 10! And I am now nervous, like a girl with new shoes ...

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
02/03/2011 11:40 a.m.

Welcome!!!!
It is normal for you to walk like that, but surely in a few days you will be accustomed, it is a matter of a tong of time ... as I am a total pump I can not speak wonders compared to the insulins we used before it, thatYes, it's like everything, you have to be pending, learn and above all you have to try to get the most out ... All this will give you a quality of life, unthinkable with the bolis ...

Here we are for what you need, if you have doubts ...

All the best.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/03/2011 3:42 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

congratulations jorss !!!
You will tell us that such the day by day with the pump, and if you see better results.At first, but hey, then you are corrected and little by little you will see how you get it. I debut with bomb on day 10! And I am now nervous, like a girl with new shoes ...
>

Well ... the first two days have been almost continuous and yesterday afternoonStart .... today touches reservoir .... have such !!!!But we are going in general well, wearing it is not looking for anything uncomfortable and at night or he found out, that if ... pants that I get, pants that I am making hole in my pocket..jejejejjej
What bomb are they going to put you ???I have been given the Medtronic and the truth that the learning process has given me a Medtronic nurse-commercial and quite well, they have left you the bomb so that you disrupt her at home ???I advise you to do all the tests you can think of and ask them to the biggest nonsense that you can think of ...
Well I will tell you how I continue .....

jorss's profile photo
jorss
02/04/2011 3:18 a.m.

Hello Jorss!
Well, they are going to put the same, I see her from Medtronic. And yes, they have left me to mess and touch it. I think that all the doubts had and for having, I signed them in a notebook and gave my sheet the sheet to myNurse with all my doubts, but hey, it is better to prevent., and I will tend to be high, so I will have to be modifying and raising the doses every 2 by 3, and put me at the beginning so that it is not so chaotic, only a pattern, which I surely need 3, for the activities thatI do throughout the week. It is not the same a weekend as a book (which I need other amounts of insulin, since the physical wear is less) than a work day. In the end, but little by little. I will already tell you;)

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
02/04/2011 4:46 a.m.

Hi Jorss!
Well, they are going to put the same, I see her from Medtronic. And yes, they have left me to mess and touch it. I think that all the doubts had and for having, I signed them in a notebook and gave my sheet the sheet to myNurse with all my doubts, but hey, it is better to prevent., and I will tend to be high, so I will have to be modifying and raising the doses every 2 by 3, and put me at the beginning so that it is not so chaotic, only a pattern, which I surely need 3, for the activities thatI do throughout the week. It is not the same a weekend as a book (which I need other amounts of insulin, since the physical wear is less) than a work day. In the end, but little by little. I will already tell you;)

Sii, I also put a basal guideline by throwing 20% ​​downwards what I had a lantus, but I have still had a tendency to be low, but hey, this is better, since I have lowered the doseAnd better, I have already programmed it with different doses seeing a little as I was at different times ... it is the good thing about the bomb ... but hey, I have also tried running and the truth that does notIt has bothered me anything ... even though I had a low

jorss's profile photo
jorss
02/07/2011 10:02 a.m.

congratulations jorss !!!
You will tell us that such the day by day with the pump, and if you see better results.At first, but hey, then you are corrected and little by little you will see how you get it. I debut with bomb on day 10! And I am now nervous, like a girl with new shoes ...
>

Well .... Count back !!!!! Hehehe, I yesterday visited to the doctor and well, in general, seeing the glycemia for the basal and tb has changed the ratio and sensitivity factor a bit .... and well to try when I go to exercise that this week the result has been hiccy ... like so to continue trying hehehej

jorss's profile photo
jorss
02/09/2011 4:29 a.m.

I'm glad Jorss !!!
Nothing, I already have one day left, tomorrow they put it on me, how nerves !!!:either :))
What happens that this afternoon that the nurse is, I will have to call it to know if tomorrow at 12I put them at 12:00 and at 24:00 ... and the bomb put it at 4:00 p.m.The afternoon with 2 basal, the pump and the one of the Levemir !!!:?: |
You have already tried to modify the basal according to the figures or not yet?

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
02/09/2011 7:42 a.m.

Surely do not have to put on the 12th, yes at night, but better eat it with your educator.
Tomorrow tell us how is everything going ....: D

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/09/2011 10:14 a.m.

Do not put it on, wait for the pump to place, apart the slow time is at least action and if that measures at about 12: 30-13: 00 and if you are somewhat high you run quickly, even I don't think I thinkThat you are going to be very high, now if you eat before going, plug the one that touches you from the fast ....
If I modified the basal to see that they were all down, and for this week then TB has told me that if I have any descent that is not after a meal, then I got the basal from two hours before the hicc..ye, what hospital are you ???

jorss's profile photo
jorss
02/09/2011 11:29 a.m.

Well, to make sure, I decided to call my nurse in the afternoon to ask him about tomorrow's basal and such ... I swear I threw tooooda the afternoon calling, and nothing, nobody took the phone.That of 8 in the afternoon, a nurse took me (I say) and told me to put the less less, that if it nurse I did not tell me anything before about it, because I put it on me. But of course, I do not knowIf he didn't tell me anything because it happened, why he doesn't know, or I know ....: S
Well, I imagine that then for that time strip that the Levemir lasts, they will put me a short temporary basal to avoid hypos .... :?:?:?

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
02/09/2011 6:25 p.m.

Well nothing, I have 2 days with the bomb, and with how little I have been very happy.regulating the basal ... but usually, very happy. It is curious like when 12 arrive, and unconsciously I think: "I have to go to let the lesson" and no, that I no longer put it on it !!!Give an allergria to do without so much puncture ... although there is a rare feeling, as well as to blame, as if I were "jumping" .. I do not know if I explain well ... hehehe. But well, very happy!: D
And well, incidentally, I consult a tiny doubt, those of you have a bomb:
Normally, the catheter is changed every 3 days, more or less. But when you change the catheter, you also change those who are the cable that goes from the catheter to the reservoir? (I do not know its technical norm ...: Oops::
I don't know if you change it while you change the catheter, or change it every longer ...

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
02/13/2011 11:40 a.m.

Congratulations, Kekiya: d
It is normal about the dowers to adjust the insulin, but it is resolved soon.
The cable is changed with the catheter, here they advise to change TB.The reservoir at the same time, touches or not, even if we do not.
I'm glad you're happy
A hug

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/13/2011 12:02 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

If Kekiya, now you have to change at the same time catheter and reservoir, with I see it is what they have told me, before I did not, the reservoir changed when the insulin was over.So what I do is fill the reservoir in half to last for three days.

DiabetesForo
02/13/2011 12:07 p.m.

Not mering, it was not the reservoir that I referred to. To see, I have been told that the reservoir changed it when it is ending. Until there ok. Then there is the catheter, and the little cable that goes from the reservoir to the catheter.Well, I mean the little cable. They have told me that the catheter, every 3 days, but the little cable, that it is not necessary that I necessarily change it when I change the catheter, because when I losing it would lose insulin ... and I wanted to know if youYou change at the same time cateter+head or catheter on the one hand, and on the other the cable ...

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
02/13/2011 12:37 p.m.

Everything together, catheter and tube.

Health

DiabetesForo
02/13/2011 1:24 p.m.

Of course Alea, I thought that, that opening the packages, every 3 days, fucking only the catheter and leaving a lot of cables there to the stubborn is absurd, right?And in barbar I don't think it is not lost in insulin either.
Thank you ;)

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
02/13/2011 1:28 p.m.

Of course, I referred to everything, reservoir, cable and catheter .... All the pack together: D

DiabetesForo
02/13/2011 3:25 p.m.

And do you change the reservoir every 3 days too ??? is or not spent?

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
02/14/2011 3:46 a.m.

Yes, calculate how much insulin you need for approximately three days and fill it there.That is what Medtronic's told me when they changed my bomb, I see it you have to change everything at once.
Didn't they warned you?

DiabetesForo
02/14/2011 3:48 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.