{'en': 'Bomba debut ...', 'es': 'Debut con bomba...'} Image

Bomba debut ...

jorss's profile photo   02/03/2011 10:14 a.m.

jconegar said:
the pump well with good ratios and basal will give you an impressive quality of life.And playing with the basal or I tell you how it will change you

I do not finish understanding the concept of better quality of life with the bomb.Apart from having to click every time you eat, I now have the same quality with bomb as life as when I used multidosis with feathers.I just turned a month ago and I still don't understand that concept among people with a bomb.It is true that it allows you to better manage unforeseen (with feathers to fixed and scheduled quantity is not possible), but that for me is not an improvement of quality of life or freedom, as they usually say in these cases.Simply the pump is much more flexible in insulin administration and that gives more play and possibilities of managing blood glucose in many types of food, as well as better cope with certain situations.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
04/11/2016 3:08 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I also think it gives you a better quality of life.Once you learn to use and how your body responds to the different % of the temporal basals and different bowling according to types of foods etc, etc. it is a device that is as powerful as you get to take advantage of it.But of course, we are not all the same and what is valid for me, does not have to be for others.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/11/2016 10:26 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Carlos71 I think just like your @hansolo does not finish being convinced on this pump theme.
For me if it is quality of life to be able to play with the basal and not have to eat or take less gels.
I thank you for your opinions, anyway if you still do not get good ratios and basal, as you said recently, it is difficult to have a good perception of the bomb.
Do you comment "is not an improvement of quality of life or freedom", that is, it is no more freedom to reduce basal and take less unnecessary HC?
They are different opinions and thoughts that is clear, each one is a world, also as we have all said, including me, the bomb is not for everyone.
Being able to use mixed or dual bowling and avoid continuous punctures in long meals also for me is to improve the quality of life.
It is true that we will continue to be diabetic and we will always depend on insulin, that our heads are continuous calculations throughout the day.
I thank you very much to tell me what you think because I am one of the people that I like to hear all kinds of comments.
I do not understand what it is for you to have more quality of life, because all life you will continue to be diabetic.
A big hug.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/12/2016 9:29 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@Carlos71 @jconegar I will tell you that for me the bomb has also meant greater quality of life, but as you say we all have different opinions, such as @hansolo, and different circumstances, both in our day to day, and with this disease.

Why do I think this?Because in my view, and the main advantage that you notice in my case, the episodes of hypoglycemia that had diminished dramatically, both in quantity, and in figures.Before I could not control that a descent reached a specific point and then avoid the rebounds it had.First of all because the basal did not cover the day, I had nightfall peaks and rise peaks before dinner.Of course, the first thing we tried at the time of the basal, changing three and unfolding ... etc, but the only thing that changed was the time of the episodes, the peak remained equal to specific hours, if I wanted to avoid them or reduce them was to bepending and on top to avoid it every day.
I speak that I went from being in 20 or less, to be at 300 or 400, they are not small peaks, that happens.
Since I carry it, I have not passed from 280 or lower more than 40 and in specific days, the X files do not disappear with a pump hahaha.
But all because now I have the basal in proportion to what I need every hour and if my activity or my meals, schedules with previously fixed.

Then the next thing I have noticed, the improvement in my hemo, which makes it clear, is only a figure and also that the pump is still a silly machine, you do not only connect it.You must control the disease, insulins, meals and/or know your body and its behaviors according to situations.
I know that they usually tell you that more than one point is difficult to lower when you put it on, but in my case I have already lowered two in 8 months, which for me is very important because it is an improvement also in the long term.In addition, I have not been an extra effort, I keep telling the same as before, I still make irregular life many times at times and I still have my hormones for free in certain days of the month haha, but I can advance without great scares.

The tranquility that all this is for me, is to consider it an improvement in my quality of life, I sleep more calmly.

Five years trying not to put it on, thinking that it was the last alternative and that it was my problem for not controlling, five years that I would exchange now without thinking, but I am not the only guilty one.In the hospital they do not talk clear about what the bomb is or the possibilities you have with it, now I realize, but before taking it ... I would have said the opposite.

I respect of course to those who do not see it like this, each diabetes is different, even if they always try to get everyone in the same bag.What for some is the usual in the day to day, for others it is to overcome and according to the rhythm of life you lead, being with a pump put can be almost impossible.

By the way, and I repeat my personal situation so I will not generalize, the basal touches me to readjust them every little by the hormones, the changes of the station ... we go that in my case a butterfly moves the wings in China and I do not knowIf I cause a typhon, but my blood glucose is sure to affect haha, maybe I am not yet an expert and over time I get to do it, but for now I still still have stable basal.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
04/12/2016 3:56 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@hansolo, for me the flexibility and the ability to manage the different aspects of everyday life (meals, activity, sport, increased resistance by hormonal factors disease etc) and obtain the maximum control over the influence that these aspects have in glycemia,They are unavailable to the concept "quality of life" to @jconegar refers.My daughter has been with the bomb, the same as you, 640g since December, and despite initial difficulties with battery problems and insisting until you find the cateters that are best (the silhouette-objahlish), the improvement in their capacity as their capacity asLife has been so great that from our experience we recommend it to everyone, I at least do it, and in the case of children and adolescents, with alba effects and sunset more than manifestos, hormonal alterations that trigger the glycemia ofCyclic form etc. I do it even more there.
It is true as @jconegar says that much of the adaptation to the pump goes through a basal and ratios adjustment as tight and fine as possible.The personal knowledge of each@ can lead you to adjust even more, and elaborate different patterns for work days, holidays, special meals, disease, increased resistance periods etc., and although it is true that we can never get everything under control, thePump helps a lot to maintain glycemia within the range that each one considers acceptable.
One of the questions you ask when you ask to start with the bomb is the expectations you have with respect to it, and if you answer that you expect to improve your levels and descend your hemoglobin they tell you that this is not always like that.In my personal opinion, if you have a solid formation and a high domain of the pump, together with the well -calculated parameters, if an improvement of hemoglobin and glucemic variables occurs.In our case it has been like this and I can verify that the same thing happens with many other people.
I encourage those who are thinking about it to try, and those who begin with it to persevere.Do not discourage, especially you have to be attentive to possible technical or consumable problems to solve them soon and not throw in the towel.My daughter had a stroke problems for two months, obstructed and gave her many problems, but we insisted until they find the obliques that are great.
Of course, its quality of life has improved in many aspects.A hug

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
04/12/2016 4:20 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

Sorry @hansolo, I agree with the classmates.The quality of life is much better with the bomb, for many reasons.The control improves a lot, you click less, it allows you much more freedom in meals, both in schedules and in the number of ingesties.At home, if you can talk about being happy with diabetes, it is now when we approach it, with our bomb.

We are supporters, thus appears in our book of a diabetic a bomb, provided that the person with diabetes wants and saving the educational aspects that it requires.

And statistics support the benefits of the pump.

Anyway, in the event that you are the same with a bomb as with multidosis, maybe another person can take advantage of your pump .... don't you think?

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
04/12/2016 10:23 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

hansolo said:
jconegar said:
the pump well with good ratios and basal will give you an impressive quality of life.And playing with the basal or I tell you how it will change you

I do not finish understanding the concept of better quality of life with the bomb.Apart from having to click every time you eat, I now have the same quality with bomb as life as when I used multidosis with feathers.I just turned a month ago and I still don't understand that concept among people with a bomb.It is true that it allows you to better manage unforeseen (with feathers to fixed and scheduled quantity is not possible), but that for me is not an improvement of quality of life or freedom, as they usually say in these cases.Simply the pump is much more flexible in insulin administration and that gives more play and possibilities of managing blood glucose in many types of food, as well as better cope with certain situations.

I debuted in December, ketoacidosis.I am 30 years old, quite complicated personal circumstances and the hope of being a mother again in the short term.It has cost me a lot to adapt to the new circumstances of my life: punctures, insulins, needles, insulin adjustments, desulin, uploads, restrictions ... experiments that will continue throughout a lifetime, because ours is forever.

If they offered me the bomb, my life would be much less complicated (which already is) and if I were in my possession, at the moment, probably neither doctors nor I would be so afraid when planning my pregnancy.You are lucky (even if you deserve it, obviously) those who enjoy a bomb, which less than assume and tell everyone that it is an improvement in the quality of life, because it is.It is an absurd debate to say that yes or not to the bomb ... insulin feathers, at the time, also improved the quality of life and I think that we all agree on.With the bomb we must also be.

By the way, I am a little mother with a rare disease.I barely have time to breathe, much less to click.The bomb is quality of life.

mdrrm1609's profile photo
mdrrm1609
04/13/2016 12:10 a.m.

Maria Rodriguéz
Diabetes Tipo 1 e Hipotiroidismo Autoinmune
Insulina: Toujeo y Apidra
Aprendiendo con Sistema FreestyleLibre

The concept "quality of life" is totally subjective.One may seem quality of life one thing that another may seem to be.Each is a world and leads a different lifestyle.

What you have to do is explain, to those who do not know it yet, what a bomb is and how to demand the health authorities to provide bombs, to all the people who request them and may come well.Then since each one takes their own conclusions.

I have been with 640g for a few months, if someone can give a hand with any doubt, here we are.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
04/13/2016 8:36 a.m.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/13/2016 11:28 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

I have the impression that as @albertoT has said you have confused or have a different and totally respectable concept of "quality of life".I think that for some quality of life it is to have a better control of diabetes as @monica_ltd, glycemia, punctures, bowling, food intakes etc, etc, and for others I understand what quality of life it is as @hansolo and always commented and alwaysThat with multidosis insulin you carry optimal control is not to carry all the paraphernalia that means bringing cables, pump, reservoirs and other devices hung to your body and that not everyone and for their lifestyle they will give it a better"Quality" ... all respectable opinions ..

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
04/13/2016 12:03 p.m.

@Sigsauer The quality of life to which Oscar refers is to stop being diabetic and want or not continue to be and perhaps for many years, quality of life a diabetic? When?If our heads do not stop 24 hours a day, the case is to improve our life.To talk about the quality of life if you have been put, first you have to take it well and as it has indicated it does not have adjusted or ratios or basal.
We are not talking about whether everyone is made for a bomb or not, because that has already been spoken several times, we have colleagues here that it is clear and they have made it clear that it cannot be for several situations, and others that would not adapt, thatIt is very respect.
That is why as Monica says but this nothing comfortable that is what she implies by several sites, not only for this forum, she hadTake advantage of it, there are very needy people and you cannot have that piece of equipment it carries.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/13/2016 12:31 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Totally agree @jconegar, we are not going to make a debate of this if we all know or believe what can be better adjusted in the treatment in relation to our lifestyle, that is clearer than water.You already commented that you did not notice the hypos and that is why you threw in the head of the Dexcom and I also practiced some contact sport in addition to playing padel and going to the gym for what now I do not consider the bomb, just like the next year notI say the same.As an example, telling you that yesterday they gave me to try a three -year ball and "casually" now is when I have been with Lantus better, so I tell you that nobody better than one to know how each treatment influences their "relative" quality of lifeAs you said.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
04/13/2016 1:08 p.m.

sigsauer said:
I have the impression that as @albertoT has said you have confused or have a different and totally respectable concept of "quality of life".I think that for some quality of life it is to have a better control of diabetes as @monica_ltd, glycemia, punctures, bowling, food intakes etc, etc, and for others I understand what quality of life it is as @hansolo and always commented and alwaysThat with multidosis insulin you carry optimal control is not to carry all the paraphernalia that means bringing cables, pump, reservoirs and other devices hung to your body and that not everyone and for their lifestyle they will give it a better"Quality" ... all respectable opinions ..

GREETING

Let's see.I give you the reason in everything you say about the bomb.They are proven evidence.I do not deny that at any time and I also think I cited it.But I quote the Message of Sigsauer because I think there is the maybe.The concept of quality of life.It is per se a subjective concept.That is the key.
For my quality of life it is not to go with a bomb everywhere hanging.Nor have to change the whole kit every 72 hours and the sensor every week.Nor have to wear a suitcase with a thousand diabetes cachivaches every time I go there.Nor have to be watching the pump in case it fails.And now let's go to the feathers.Nor is it quality of life to be clicking 4 or 5 times a day.But if we compare both therapies, insulin pump is much more effective.But for me that I can improve my diabetes does not mean that I improve my quality of life.Diabetes In any of its therapy possibilities, I do not improve the quality of life unless there are certain devices that improve certain things that are limiting in the day -to -day life of a person with diabetes.For example, a continuous glucose meter does improve the quality of life.Although among those available, his cumbersome procedures subtract points.The simplest today is free freestyle.Something like this can have more score in terms of quality of life.I don't know if I explain.My quality of life improves if there was a device that makes me forget about diabetes.For example, a closed handle pump.Or a device that does not have to look at me glucose in blood (a continuous meter of maximum simplicity, more than the current ones).Or that there is a device that allows me to take a picture and calculate the HC and insulin without my intervention, with a total success index.Or any improvement in the treatment that will not force me to have to foresee everything I do, which I must continue to do with both pump and feathers.That is for my quality of life.

That said, a pump is potentially more complete and capable than feathers therapy?of course.I have always thought about it and I have always recommended it as the best possible alternative (for an adequate, trained and arranged user, of course).

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
04/13/2016 3 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

@hansolo do not bother what I am going to tell you, but I am glad that you comment that the bomb is viable that can be carried if it is more complete and better alternative than the feathers, although you do not give you more quality of life,I am glad that you have changed your opinion regarding the one you had previously of the bombs when you were president of Asdivia and mention them.

But as we have commented on the classmates, quality of life is that everything is easier to carry and not stop being diabetic, because we will continue to be both if we want as if not.

Regarding the quality of life with a closed handle pump, I do not finish understanding it, because they are two tubes spinning two catheter, if with a with a tube it is a fattening, with two tubes it should be worse, right?

All of us who have mentioned that the pump alone does not improve glucose control, but is more comfortable for the entire game that gives the bomb and provides us with more quality of life because it facilitates the day to day.

Regarding the MCG because as I always say for colors, I do not say that Dexcom and that of the 640 g pump are better, but I believe that an MCG with alarms is the best that can exist, you notice the hypos or do not notice them, you never know if you can have an asymptomatic hypo, if people cost the same from the beginning that Dexcom would already see how many Free were sold, but the initial disbursement of Dexcom is much greater.

Please, explain your first comment in which you mention me, that I don't just understand it.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/13/2016 7:08 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Friends all @hansolo, @sigsauer and @jconegar As you explain in your comments, the concept quality of life is totally subjective, so it will be difficult to agree, but it should be easy for us to understand each other!

As I am quite simple on this subject, for me the quality of life is to be able to do everything that wants without too many complications, as similar as possible to a person without diabetes, I with that, I am satisfied!, More knowing what he doesLess than 100 years, a person with diabetes died yes-o-yes ...

Here a couple of links that give us historical perspective:

Link
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
04/13/2016 7:44 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thank you @fer you are a crack, for me everything clarified and without more to clarify.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/13/2016 7:48 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Agree @fer.It is true the quality of life is subjective.

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
04/13/2016 8:55 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

Hi Ainhoa, the doctor has told us that we value the tto bomb.of our 4 -year -old daughter.We are clear that from the medical point of view it is the best because it is very poorly controlled, many highs, can go from 400 to 70 in an hour.But we are concerned about adaptation.The Medtronic 640 is recommended.Where should you have a punctured?The Rose Mosqueta when do you put it, what are the main inconveniences that could be found in its day to day?
Thank you

mogi's profile photo
mogi
04/14/2016 7:52 a.m.

Ringg RingggGG @ainhoa ​​request you.Forgive Mogi when putting the name a call to the person you are mentioning.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/14/2016 8:18 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Thanks @jconegar!But you can answer whoever wants or has some suggestion ...

mogi's profile photo
mogi
04/14/2016 8:44 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.