{'en': 'Moral Doubt Driving Card.Renewal.', 'es': 'Duda Moral carnet de conducir. Renovación.'} Image

Moral Doubt Driving Card.Renewal.

Quim's profile photo   03/30/2011 7:23 a.m.

... And when he asked me if I had any disease ... I told him ... and already ... I am scared that he was.
They have given me for 5 years ...

einnn ????If the maximum for a person with diabetes is 4 years !!!!After favorable endocrine report: Shock :: Shock :: Shock :: Shock :: Shock :: Shock :: Shock :: Shock :: Shock:

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/25/2011 4:48 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Hello colleagues.
Forgone Gondurulo not responding before
Well yes, without endocrine or na report.Only the review in a normal way and the typical question for the typical doctor of - and how do you carry diabetes?That my answer was - pos, great.
I still don't have the card in itself but when I arrive I confirm that it is for 5 years.
Hugs.Quim

Quim's profile photo
Quim
11/29/2011 4:11 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello.I will expose my particular case.

When I took the card and went to do the medical check -up, I was innocent and declared that DMI suffered.The girl who attended me informed me that it was her obligation to prepare a report in which that data was induced, Peeeeero, also told me that this report did not have to get to traffic, and that I could go to any other center to make me another newin which this information did not consist.No sooner said than done.

I have been driving 12 years and I am aware of the risk that I run if I have a sinister and transcends that I suffer from DMI and does not appear in my card.
Made the law made the trap: if I drive and I have a hiccup, I stop, I take something to follow.And if I have to stop in the shoulder because I have no choice, and the Civil Guard asks me what I stop there, I tell him that I have migraine and that with the medication that I take in 10 'I am new.

That I know the GC does not carry glucometers to make hair glycemia in the accidents.

My advice: do not declare Na.Of course, you have to know how to act in case of incident.

Figaro_enf's profile photo
Figaro_enf
11/30/2011 10:36 a.m.

My advice, respect the laws, and fight to change.

Imagine that you have a fat spleen, and kill or leave someone in a wheelchair.And then it is discovered that you are diabetic and you have not communicated it, the insurance company is going to grab a burning nail to not pay.The judge on duty condemns you to pay compensation of 300,000 euros ........ a whole mortgage for life, come on.

There are things with which it is better not to play, declare diabetes when taking a car is one of them.

And I say it, I am the first to make the law to dive.But there I am not risking compensation that sinks my life.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
11/30/2011 10:47 a.m.

Hello friends, allow me to treat you as friends since I have been leaving this wonderful forum for a while but I do not register today. I have 36 years and debut with 24 with type 2. Always worked on the road and I usually do more than 220 thousandkilometers per year.And decidedly having diabetes for me not a lock to perform my work but quite the opposite, before my debut I never commented and always to undone. So that in my renovations I always say no.When I consider that in some way I can affect my safety or that of third parties I will say and if it entails not to continue behind the wheel I will accept it. Thank me and forgive my painful spelling.all the best

pedragaless's profile photo
pedragaless
12/13/2011 6:09 p.m.

Welcome to your new house friend.

To declare it, the only thing that will happen is that you have to renew the card more frequently ...... and avoid unnecessary risks with the issue of paperwork, safe, etc ... that if something goes wrong, companies areThey grab everything to not pay.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
12/15/2011 4:08 a.m.

Fifteen days ago, I realized that I had an expired license for two months so, quickly, I came to renew it;I had read this thread and had the doubt of whether to omit that it was diabetic or not;When the doctor asked me, without thinking, I indicated that it was diabetic.Then I stayed in doubt if they would give me the renewal for four or five years as I had read.No questions about the control of the disease asked me, either, they asked me for any report.
Yesterday I received the card at home.Renewed for ten years, until 2023 ......
Good day to all

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/03/2013 4:28 a.m.

Impressive !!!, my experience says otherwise, the same thing happened to me, I told him that it was diabetic and they gave me 1 year.: -S

The following year I didn't say anything and they gave me 10 years!

fer's profile photo
fer
09/03/2013 5:54 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

They have changed it.The first year (several) gave it to me only for one year.The penultima for 4 and the last for 5.

As you did not say it the second time if in the driving license it puts it ... I just enter me always tell me, what code what is it?

tica's profile photo
tica
09/03/2013 7:08 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

When I did the medical revision to get my card, they asked me and I also said it, and the doctor told me the same thing that I have read up here, that if I had not told it, I had not put anything, but that when I said,He felt obliged to write it down.During the first years, I had to renew every year, then every 4 and the last at 5 ... they have never asked me for any report, they have only asked me how I took it ...
In mine there must also be some kind of code because they always ask me how I carry it, not if I have diabetes, do you know?
It would be a luxury that next time is for 10 years

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
09/03/2013 7:17 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

With 5 years I am satisfied ... we can really seek the view in 5 years ... what was absurd every year ...

tica's profile photo
tica
09/03/2013 7:24 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

And if you have DMADA what do you say?What is type 1?Or the lada is not recognized?

Sorianox's profile photo
Sorianox
09/03/2013 7:53 a.m.

Tica said:
They have changed it.The first year (several) gave it to me only for one year.The penultima for 4 and the last for 5.

As you did not say it the second time if in the driving license it puts it ... I just enter me always tell me, what code what is it?

And what code is that of the disease?I have marked 01 but it is for the vision glasses.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/03/2013 12:13 p.m.

Hello!

I believe that in the end it is better to say it.I recently had a motorcycle accident (they rammed me from behind while I was standing) and you don't know what is appreciated on those occasions to have all the papers in order.

In the end the cost of a card renewal every 5 years is ridiculous compared to what a car costs annually between gasoline, taxes, tolls, maintenance, etc.If you can afford to have a car, surely you can also afford to renew the card every 5 years.It will not come from here.Better save other things.

As far as I know, it is not necessary to say anything to the insurance company, since they never ask if you have any disease, only your marital status and the age of the card.

On the other hand, it is necessary to communicate it to traffic, because one of the rules of the driving license says that any change in the driver's psychophysical skills must be communicated immediately.Translating that if you hide a chronic disease, you are not driving with the card in order.In case of serious accident, the insurer will thoroughly investigate and discover it.And cheap then, can leave Caríííííííío.

Greetings!

Aspirante's profile photo
Aspirante
09/03/2013 10:15 p.m.

Debut: julio 2012 con 34 años. DM1. Novorapid: 6-8-10. Lantus: 11. Última HbA1c: 7,3 (febrero 2024).
Recordatorios de insulina SNACK & NOW.

Hello people!I am a diabetic since 2003 and with a driving license since 2004.
I agree that it is totally unfair what the diabetics have to do with the issue of renewing the card, but only with the part of the rates.
I renewed the card 5 years ago and now in December it touches me again, the previous time I already paid € 60.60 and this time I do not know if it will even be something else, it seems good that they want to have us controlled, because the diabetes does notIt is something that hurts but as it gives you a hypoglycemia driving the one that can be lined is brown and more if the police see that you did not give such information in the psychotechnical ... and if you have caused victims in the accident ... on the end, it is very importantHave periodic reviews with your endocrine and although it seems a lie, I know diabetic people that have not gone in three years.They are fine, nothing hurts because "they don't need."
Each one is free to do what they want with his life, but you don't have to be so cocoon to endanger that of others.
That we renew it every 5 years and that force us to give medical documents seems perfect, while you go to one of your reviews you ask the endocrine and it does it in two minutes, but it is outraged what we have to pay, If the price remains the same in 10 years I will have paid € 121.20 (€ 22.60 traffic rates + € 40/€ 50 medical examination) Three villages are passed, it is clear, being diabetic is expensive of noses.
In spite of this, my conscience is calmer doing things in conditions, because the money moves everything and if you have an accident and hunt you ... to know what they make you pay.

Taninish's profile photo
Taninish
11/07/2013 8:37 a.m.

Hello!!!

I am going to tell you my strange experience, I had to renew the card last month, near home I have a medical center and knowing that I had to keep a medical report I asked, they did not want to attend without the endocrine report.

Total I went to the endocrine I asked and returned to the medical center, they visit me, they make a copy of the report, they do all the tests and I ask him, so far I renew it every four years, and I think that now it is every five not?And the girl nooooooooo tells me 10 years!And I tell you forgiveness, are you sure?And he offended and everything and told me that it was 10 years even if it was diabetic.

I freak out, I didn't believe it, they gave me the provisional and as soon as I reached the letter I opened it and if 10 years ... but I still don't understand why, it is the third of driving card that I have and the previous 2 were alwaysevery 4 years ....

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
11/08/2013 4:22 a.m.

Hemo (8/2016):5% - Dexcom G4 - Novorapid Penfill + Toujeo

Maybe they change because I don't remember badly, before we had to renew it more often, right?Let's see if someone has to renew it soon and tells us;)

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
11/08/2013 8:23 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

I renew it 2 months ago and they renewed me for 5 and they told me that they were no longer expanding it.Hopefully be 10 years!

tica's profile photo
tica
11/08/2013 10:33 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Hello.
I have to renew it shortly, in fact I could already in the letter that they have sent me from the recognition center tell me that it can be done up to 3 months before it complies and that therefore the expiration time is not shortened, whichThey put from the date of the same day as Caduque, (usually it is usually the day and month of the birthday).

The truth is that I don't know what to do, because the truth is that I am annoying to have to pay about € 70 every 5 years? ... I don't know whether to say or shut up.

If I tell you that I am type 2 diabetic with only and fully controlled pills, would you need an endocrine report ... or said report is needed, yes or if?.

Lauriki, to see if you can tell us what community you are, because the same depends on it that they give for 4, 5 or 10 years the renewal ...... Do you see if you have been given the fact that you arediabetics?

Health!.

seghom's profile photo
seghom
11/08/2013 12:28 p.m.

I just reviewed and renewal, apart from the fact that you have to bring the endocrine report, how maximum they give is 4 years, this in Barcelona.

I clarify that it is type 1 diabetes, I think for type 2, the criterion is more time, but I cannot confirm it.

fer's profile photo
fer
11/13/2013 2:10 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.