{'en': 'Moral Doubt Driving Card.Renewal.', 'es': 'Duda Moral carnet de conducir. Renovación.'} Image

Moral Doubt Driving Card.Renewal.

Quim's profile photo   03/30/2011 7:23 a.m.

Hello colleagues,

I have a moral question and I don't know how to solve it.I expose it to know what you think.

Soon I must renew my driving license for the first time since I am diabetic and I know that in the review they will ask me about diseases.

As I understand, diabetic conductors must more frequently renew their card, which implies more obligations and more expense.

Some relatives and friends suggest that I do not mention it because "total, it is not necessary to know", and I think that not to say is an right of anyone.

In addition, before the doctor's question - Any important disease?- I do not consider such serious diabetes, it is manageable.

On the other hand, I think that if, unfortunately, I have a traffic accident because of me and the insurer discovers that I did not report my condition in the review and, therefore, do not want to cover it, it would be problematic.

I am very confused and I don't know what to do.

As always, thank you very much for your comments and contributions.

Hugs with love.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
03/30/2011 7:23 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

We should say it, yes.That is the theory.And we all know.
But it is difficult for me) and putting hinders that although in many cases they are fair, in many others, since those scales that measure us have not been updated, and continue anchored at a time when a diabetic was certainly someone potentially dangerous.But not anymore.And above all, each one is very different.Each case must be examined individually, either in a card renewal, in an opposition to police, etc.And one last thing;Discrimination.Diabetics are rigorously measured, while it is absolutely lax with other potentially more dangerous pathologies even than diabetes.
So I'm sorry, I can't recommend you declare it.There each with their motivations and morality.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/30/2011 7:38 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

The 1st time they did the psychotechnical exam, I told them: "I am a diabetic" and they told me: "Ah, ok" .....
Until today.(In my card it doesn't put anything anywhere ...)
Soon I have to renew the card and I have the same moral doubt as you.
As Grondullo says, each case should be evaluated individually.

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
03/30/2011 8:17 a.m.

Hello:

Now they renew for five years, according to an acquaintance who has just renewed it.You have to take the endocrine report because if you do not renew it for a year.
Applications are not updated.She told me that the DBI was for 4 years and for 5 years the DBII.But as the law says that 5 years all dB, the doctor put him that he was DBII and the renewal for 5 years came out.Be careful with that.

And I, from what is commented on insurers, would say it.It is not going to be that ... well, what does not happen in 100 years spends in one day.

Hopefully they will be aware and soon begin to open their eyes to the reality of today's dB: x

nella's profile photo
nella
03/30/2011 9:16 a.m.

I was a bit illusory.They had diagnosed me 10 days before renewing and telling the doctor that he had type 1 diabetes for nothing had to leave the card parked awaiting the doctor's report and, surprise! When I carry it I only renew the one ofTruck for a year!, which will cost me from now on 65 euros every year.If I had silent, total I only made 10 days that I knew it, I would not have renewed the truck until 5 years.The car stays in 5 years.Traffic rates are reduced in proportion to the time they give you to renew, 4 euros in my case instead of 20, but the medical examination does charge you completely.

JoseManuel's profile photo
JoseManuel
03/30/2011 11:30 a.m.

I have been diabetic 14 years, I have 35, and when the recognition happened and to the question of: "You have any disease" my answer is non -resounding: Twisted:

chema's profile photo
chema
03/30/2011 12:58 p.m.

I do not drive but I have a card ...:-/ ... yes, one more sample of how strange I am.
I renew it just in case ... I don't know very well why but just in case: oops:

The last time was: Do you have sugar?
Answer: No, I don't have

Obviously I do not drive there is no major problem.

But it is preferable to stay within legal rigor, than to be involved in problems ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/30/2011 2:30 p.m.

I am, also, of those who have a card and lead very sporadically to whether in my renewal (which will be in 2 years) I will say not.

Lew's profile photo
Lew
03/30/2011 3:40 p.m.

First of all, thank you all for letting you be reflected with our opinions regarding the subject ... for me it is complicated to do and value your comments a lot ..

In the end I think when they ask me the question - Any important disease?I will tell him - because I know not.Total in my conscience will not fall because for me the diabetes is not so important either since it does not make me unable to do something that I want hahahaha.

It is also unfair that dangerous people have a card for so long and are truly potentially murderers by nature as those who constantly imprudence.
It is not for throwing flowers but in 10 years I never had a part and I always considered a very good driver.

Hugs to everyone and again thank you very much colleagues.
Greetings.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
03/31/2011 6:17 a.m.

The moral doubt, it happened to me but to revenge, I tell you ....
I renew the driving license in November and I was diagnosed with DM1 in January.I did not know if I had to do something or not, more than anything just in case the insurance, but since I almost didSome disease, but I do not consider myself a sick person: d.
There are many more dangerous people at the wheel than me: Mrgreen:
Greetings to all

Triz's profile photo
Triz
04/01/2011 4:27 p.m.

I am also in the same ones, I have to renew and to date I do not appear as a diabetic, but after reads I have another doubt, if in the driving card it does not say anything about the dB ... what happens with the insurance, you say it:?: Don't say it: ?: ... because I say it is for fear that one day something passes and the insurance will wash your hands ... what a mess:-/

anuski's profile photo
anuski
04/02/2011 7:53 p.m.

Well, it's true ... I don't know if you would have to say ... !!!I don't know if this will be true but aren't we right to clarify it or not?Now that I remember in December I renewed the insurance as every year and I did not say it, I do not even consider it, as I forgot about diabetes j :))

Quim's profile photo
Quim
04/04/2011 6:49 a.m.

I don't think the car insurance must say ...
We are obliged to comply with the law, and the law says that if we have diabetes we have to say it to the authority that issues the cards

The whole problem comes in the case of an accident ... The insurance company will want to pay as little as possible and in case of severe sinister they will check until the last possibility to get rid.

DiabetesForo
04/04/2011 4:07 p.m.

I would say it ... and more now that you just have to renew it every 4 years.In the insurer to say something but ask: P
The first time I got the card, I also had the same doubt ... I say it or I don't say it, so I thought, if they ask me I say it.
When you pass the medical examination, they fill a form and are questions in plan: Tomas drugs, daily alcoholic beverages, has schizophrenia, ... and finally there was diabetes.So they read it very quickly and he told me to this you are going to answer that no, but I have to ask you and before answering I had already labeled all the boxes of the no.Until I get to diabetes and said yes.
The worst thing I knew, was the anger that he did not let me know before and that they had charged me all the fees and they had to charge me much less ... (and I thinking, Jo because, often problems repeating the invoice .... already worth them!)

tica's profile photo
tica
04/05/2011 3:55 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Ayyyy, Tica!Well, don't be so ready and ask before ... or we have to wear a sign on the forehead that says we have diabetes.If you don't ask what noses you will know if you want to know before charging you !!!

nella's profile photo
nella
04/05/2011 6:34 a.m.

Hello everyone, I drive many years ago, I am very sure of myself, I notice when I have a descent and in the two years I have been with DT.I have never had problems driving, we are not dumb.I don't plan to say it either.Adeuuuu;)

Consu's profile photo
Consu
04/05/2011 3:03 p.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

Owash, to see if I have understood you ... I am in Hip:-/
With saying it in the medical recognition we are covered for insurance because we have fulfilled the law ... and in case of accident ... the insurance has to take charge :?:
Insurance would not get more money for the premium if we say "I am diabetic" ...

anuski's profile photo
anuski
04/07/2011 8:01 p.m.

Yes, Anuski;)
People with DM1 are obliged, by regulations, to provide an endocrine report for renewal.

The insurance, in case of an accident, will investigate everything possible to save money.If we are guilty of an accident with high costs for the company, we must assume that all possible turns will not pay us.
In that case, if we have communicated our situation and we have the permission in order we should cover the insurance (what we have hired, obviously).

The validity of permits and driving licenses will be subordinated to its holder maintaining the requirements required for granting.

That is, during the 10 years of validity of the driver's license, permission conditions cannot be altered.As the appearance of diabetes does alter it, in my opinion, we are obliged to say it, if we want to stay within the strict legality.

DiabetesForo
04/09/2011 3:58 p.m.

Hello colleagues.
Well, it is already renewed.I just renewed it.The theme was the following.
After spending some psychotechnics I was consulting with a doctor and when he asked me if I had any disease ... I told him ... and already ... I am scared that he was.
They have given me for 5 years at least they are not 2 but you have to pay integral € 90 Urazos.

The truth is that until the last moment I did not save whether to say it or not but they made me sign a role where I was responsible for not hiding any disease and as I am always legal because I continued to be.

Thank you very much to all and hugs.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
11/18/2011 4:23 a.m.

I still say no to diabetes, and the theme of car insurance to my one asks for my health when I assure a car, they simply ask me about the car and the age and sex of the driver.In my opinion, all types of disease are private and confidential for commercial and legal purposes unless, to make the process, a medical health report is requested, that we do not ask you and ask you for reports would be impossible and illegal thatThe insurer did not take care of an accident or another problem.Being diabetic is not a crime such as if it is drunk.

Greetings

juangl's profile photo
juangl
11/18/2011 2:47 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.