{'en': 'Diabetes and pregnancy', 'es': 'Diabetes y embarazo'} Image

Diabetes and pregnancy

NoAddedSugar's profile photo   01/17/2012 11:30 a.m.

Hi Kekiya

Indeed, many controls, many, the yolks of my fingers were made in my, hypoglycemia, it was inevitable many times, my gine insisted on having me in a hiccup.One night being admitted to see if the fetus had pulmonary maturity and schedule the caesarean section, I was at 50 all night ... That is the worst I remember.
For the rest, it is worth it.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
01/20/2012 6:40 a.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

Hello girls!
In July I got pregnant with a 6%hemoglobin.
Now I'm 33 weeks and 3 days, with HB of 5.8%
I am a little scared of childbirth, gynecologists have told me that if everything is going well for a natural birth.Can someone explain your experience ???
I have to have it at the Parc Taulí hospital in Sabadell (Barcelona).
Thank you and encourage you to have a baby in your belly, it's beautiful!

fenex's profile photo
fenex
01/24/2012 7:37 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Maaadre Mia, we have 6 and 5.8 !!!!
That looks like it is complicated, as much as I try ... fenex, there are diabetic mamis forums, if you want, send me a privy and tell you

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
01/24/2012 7:51 a.m.

It seems to me a good idea to create here a thread of pregnancies and pre-boars.No need to go to another forum !!!If someone does not start talking about this, we will never "create school"

tica's profile photo
tica
01/24/2012 8:27 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

It seems to me phenomenal ethical!

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
01/24/2012 1:15 p.m.

Well, after much talk and see that this will not improve (economic situation) in years ... I think the time has come.
I have requested an appointment for an endocrine here in Germany (which seems to be covered by the European health card) to see if some analyzes have been done to me that since June they have not done to me and I think that hemo something above 7 will be ...

tica's profile photo
tica
01/25/2012 4:36 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

I would swear to have told my story before in this forum, but here it goes again in case it helps any diabetics as hysterical and nervous as I about pregnancy.I am 35 years old, 32 of diabetics and two children of 4 and 1 year born without any problem, with excellent weight and without birth hypoglycemia.I confess that the work on my part was hard, I became pregnant with hemoglobins below 6.5 and maintained, during pregnancy hemoglobins below 6. I made a diet quite low in hydrates, I used an insulin pump and continuous monitoring sensors.The sensors had to pay them from my pocket, so start from pregnancy preparation was to save enough money to buy them.It was worth each cent used in them.I also kept a moderate exercise (I walked one or two kilometers per day) and of course I visited my endocrine more regularly than when not pregnant.I define myself as hysterical because I spent all the pregnancy with thousands of fears: heart malformations, thorn, leporino lip, birth hypoglycemia that would create cerebral palsy, pulmonary immaturity, etc.I thought my children would have everything and every time my glycemia exceeded 140, I was a tremendous sadness and guilt.Now that my children have been born so healthy, but it is true that the key is the preparation, planning and discipline.Courage to all those in that process.

elen's profile photo
elen
04/10/2012 7:01 p.m.

Thanks for telling your experience.
You started with diabetes with the same age as me (3 years old) and the truth is that it comforts me to listen to this type of stories because I am very worried/nervous about the years of evolution that I have been still young.The last two years I have had below 7, being the worst the last one I had 6.9 but still the endocrine told me that I could get pregnant and then below 6, how often did you go to the endocrine?Did the births caused you with 8 months?What are worse during pregnancy: hypoglycemia or hyper?

I am sorry to be so ask, but in the forum there are few threads about pregnancy

tica's profile photo
tica
04/11/2012 3:36 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

I also subscribe, which interests the subject !!

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
04/11/2012 6:34 a.m.

Helloaaaaaaaaaa,
I am interested in the subject, I am looking for the second, and as Tica says there is little about pregnancy
Greetingsssssssssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
04/11/2012 9:11 a.m.

Hello everyone!I am new here.I am 31 years old and I have almost 20 with DM.Now I want to get pregnant but until he does not normalize hemoglobin, now in 6.7, I don't see myself capable.In October I changed the Lantus for the NPH and we are already in April and I still do not control it.Tired of not knowing where to take it I have returned to the Lantus yesterday to verify that I am doing everything right, but I know that many endocrine do not recommend it in pregnancy for not taking many years in the market.Next week I will go the endocrine and tell him that he has to give me a solution to regulate me (hemo & lt; 6) before becoming pregnant.Those that you have been pregnant before: with what kind of insulin did you were?I am very interested and I know that I am going to obsess if I do not work well.
thank you so much

ALG's profile photo
ALG
04/21/2012 12:09 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

For pregnancy the best is insulin pump.Haven't you proposed it to you?

On the hemo, my endocrine told me that to look for a child, a hem brushing 6.5, once pregnant to get off 6. Last time I was in 6.9 or 6.8 and told me that while I was below 7 and "always" between 6and 7 that will not worry.The important thing is to know diabetes, rations.With the hemo that you have I think without problems.6.7 It is a very good control.Of course, I would try to get the bomb before

tica's profile photo
tica
04/21/2012 12:50 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Helloaaaaaaaaaaaaa,
The other day I was talking to the educator of the subject, he told me that either I changed to me slow insulin or if I wanted to continue with Lantus, I don't explain much either, that when I stayed I call it and I would tell me.We don't even talk about the bomb but they are not supporters.Ethics, once pregnant & lt; 6?My mother I don't know if I will get the hemo down, I don't want to have hypos either.
Greetingsssssssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
04/21/2012 4:12 p.m.

Anabeg is that your situation is very different.It's lucky being still on the honeymoon you want to get pregnant.
When I left the Lantus I think it put a 26 units and now with the pump in about 20 basal.For so much insulin it is quite complicated to succeed with the NPH and a few years ago they did not recommend the Lantus for pregnancies (as Alg) said.
To have a hem below 6 is not to overestimulate the pancreas of the fetus and avoid the dreaded hypos during the baby's first hours of life.

tica's profile photo
tica
04/22/2012 4:38 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Anabeg I debuted being pregnant and they put me the NPH (the actrapida, who went very badly, within a few weeks they passed me to the Humalog and the protophane with which I follow).With her I have followed during breastfeeding (almost 10 months).I asked the educator if we were doing it well and told me that in Germany no other insulin was used in those cases, but that in the next appointment with the endocrine I asked if we should change since we had weed the baby.He also told me that in the case of wanting to get pregnant again, they would put the bomb without repair and the continuous meter as soon as I left.

One question, here a pregnancy of a type 1 is considered risk and disabled you to work from the first moment.Is it so in Spain?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/22/2012 6:16 a.m.

The insulin bomb, at least in Bilbao, seems that they do not put it since I told the endocrine and gave me long.I, in my case, do not notice much help from my Social Security doctor.The hemoglobin of 6.7 is not so bad as long as you are not pregnant, but pregnancy I think it demands better controls.
As for the Lantus and the NPH I notice much difference.I put 18 of Lantus before bed and more or less last 20 hours but with the NPH I need 2 doses, one when bed and another in the morning, and yet the dose of the night I did not just regulate it, making the same rightSometimes I am high at 3 in the morning and other times I wake up with hypoglycemia :(.
Haribita: In Spain it is also considered a risk pregnancy, but that of disqualifying you to work ... It seems to me not.In my case I would like to work, when I am pregnant, until I can.Another thing is that because of the type of work it is more or less difficult for you to maintain the glycemia, then because the company will have to put on its part.

ALG's profile photo
ALG
04/22/2012 7:35 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

Alg, talk to the endocrine and insist to put the bomb.In Zaragoza they put it yes or yes.It is that for hypos and for different insulin needs due to pregnancy, the pump is much better.

tica's profile photo
tica
04/22/2012 7:43 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

The truth is that the pump would be a solution and in case of pregnancy it is ideal: d.From what I have read, it usually regulates quite well but there are cases in which it takes a bit to take the truquilo.Thanks to all, I will tell you what the endocrine tells me on Tuesday.

ALG's profile photo
ALG
04/22/2012 6:15 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

Helloaaaaaaaaaaaaa,
Thanks Haribita and Tica, I had no idea what that hem had to have, I have been reading about complications and I spend, I get bad body.
As in Bilbao here they do not put the bomb, we are the same if it is insisted and with many hypo and bad control ... although in the future if I would like it.
Greetingsssssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
04/22/2012 6:22 p.m.

Girls, I am pregnant, and I have a hem of 6.4. Below 6.5 is ideal, but come on, while you have good figures and mantegas at bay, as linear as possible, there are no problems. Worse, according to my endo, is to have a hem full of ups and downs (hypos, rebounds .... etc).

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
04/23/2012 5:52 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.