{'en': 'Diabetes and pregnancy', 'es': 'Diabetes y embarazo'} Image

Diabetes and pregnancy

NoAddedSugar's profile photo   01/17/2012 11:30 a.m.

@"Patri_Caracol" What a joy that your baby is fine!And thanks for getting aware!Well, what changes insulin demand, yes!Look, you save the little click of the night !!
I was with the diabetological educator a couple of weeks ago and told me that, if I arrived 6'8, they gave me "permission" to go for the baby ... the truth that, seeing the controls of the freestyle, I assumed that it was assumed thatI would be in the values ​​... He told me that I had to make a background of eyes because I was going to ask for the endocrine, that I began to take folk acid and that if I was pregnant, as soon as I knew it went to the hospital and asked for an appointmentWith gestational diabetes (it takes about two weeks to see you, so it goes quite fast).The surprise came when, after all this makes me a capillary glyc to confirm, and I am in 7'1 !!Come on, in three months and after a thousand efforts, I have only lowered 1 tenth ... but hey, on August 30 I have an appointment with the endocrine, and I hope I have dropped more and that I give me the OK ... still, still,The educator told me (the poor flip because I already say that I was convinced that I would be lower) that I did not worry, because the endocrine that carries the pregnancies in motherhood is super strict and women who have begun the super high pregnancy have come down inThe second quarter to 5 ... and, that I do not pay so much to the risks, that of course there are, and that it understands the fears, but that if you go down the street you can also fall a pot of a terrace and notWe think so much ... it's a sun !!And I calm down a mogollón !!AIS ... I have told you the Bibleaaaa !!@patri_caracol keep telling you how are you going !!And to continue good !!

SaraJim's profile photo
SaraJim
07/22/2017 9:09 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, I just started trying to get pregnant.A month ago in the last consultation with the endocrine was in 5.5 and the previous 5.9 so without problems.I am with Humalog 100u, Toujeo and the Free Style.

@"Sarajim" I encourage that it is achieved with effort.It has helped me a lot of helping about nutrition.It is an issue that has always interested me but since I consider pregnancy I have read a lot.Doctors sometimes do not have good nutrition formation and diets for diabetics that give you are a disaster and it is impossible to have good control.It depends on the clear doctor because there are them to be up to date but some have stayed with what they learned when they studied the race and has rained a lot since then.

These are the books that I have read and that I think they are better:

- Lies that fattens.Marcos Vazquez.(Everything about the book is in your blog but in the book it is ordered: Link
- What science says to lose weight.Luis Jimenez.(This has several very good but this is the simplest and general).It has a blog of the same name.
- Love is not enough.Miguel Franco.It is focused on children's feeding but what it says is applicable to everyone.
- Healthy children, healthy adults.Xavi Cañellas.This is how the mother's feeding influences during pregnancy in the child's health and feeding from the child since it was born.I recommend it for any pregnant woman.

You have them on Amazon for the very cheap Kindle (almost all except € 4) and you can read it from the mobile app or on a tablet, you don't need a Kindle.Everyone bases what they say in serious scientific studies.

A quick summary of what I do in case it serves you:

- No processed products that are almost everything in the Super.I make the purchase only in the sections of fresh products: vegetables, fruit, legume, nuts, meat, fish, eggs and some dairy.
- A lot of varied vegetables in all meals.I always make a first vegetable or salad.
- Protein in all meals.Meat, fish or eggs in all meals.The eggs like for breakfast in scrambled (a couple).To eat soil, eat meat and at dinner fish.
- Good fats: olive oil, avocado, nuts and the one that is naturally in meats, fish and eggs.
- No refined flours.I personally do not like bread or pasta or other things based on Harinacasi, it is never unnecessary and I am already used.The ideal is not to eat it but if you eat something that is integral (you have to look at the labels and put in ingredients integral flour because most are refined with bran that is not the same).
- No juices even if they are natural, the always whole fruits that carry the fiber and raise sugar slower.
- To chop nuts or depending on how fruit glucose is.Sometimes also a black chocolate piece but 80% cocoa or more.

I hope it helps you.Much encouragement and soon give you the OK.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
07/24/2017 6:24 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Hi @"Yesssica_a" Thank you very much for all the information!Everything that is help, welcome!The truth is that I am a bad comedian ... but since I am in it, I have improved a lot (my husband tells me who has seen me and who sees me ... hahahaha).I will read the books and take note !!And you see telling us how are you going!I encourage, surely you get pregnant!

SaraJim's profile photo
SaraJim
07/25/2017 11:29 a.m.

Hello girls !!Yes, it is not a thousand that I do not enter here!Well, I'm 21 weeks now and today they have made me an echo precisely.Also all great the truth.Very happy.I wear a girl and apparently everything goes stern.I have to say that I carry the glucose levels quite well and that the truth is I am eating absolutely everything but what forbid me: alcohol (obvious), cured things .. Type ham and others.For everything else I am eating everything: always adjusting the rations to insulin.

Much I encourage everyone!and that the heat cannot.:-*

SOFIASTEFANIDIS's profile photo
SOFIASTEFANIDIS
07/27/2017 7:02 p.m.

@"SOFIASTEFANIDIS" I'm glad everything goes well !!And a girl !!: -C
To continue like this !!and to continue sharing with us the advances !!

SaraJim's profile photo
SaraJim
07/28/2017 12:04 a.m.

Hi wanted to make a query.
I have been diabetics for 8 years, I have 2 children one of 13 years and another of 7. At the time the pregnancy and childbirth controlled me in maternity of the clinician (Barcelona) and everything was great.A perfect pregnancy and vaginal delivery.
Now I would like to get pregnant again, my endocrine says that now pregnancy and childbirth would be at the Granollers hospital, and the truth was very confident in my doctor and team, but I had very bad experiences with this hospital.I will go to a computer visit to "Sant Joan de Deu" but I am not sure.
Do you have any experience in any of these hospitals?Or some other hospital in the area?.
Thank you.

Olda's profile photo
Olda
07/29/2017 10:15 a.m.

Hi @"Olda" I am not being able to help you ... but I am from Madrid ... I take advantage, since you have taken the theme of hospitals ... How about Madrid hospitals for pregnancies?Can you leave us any reference?Thank you!!

SaraJim's profile photo
SaraJim
07/30/2017 11:54 p.m.

Hello @"sarajim" and other future moms and moms !!Well here we continue to grow my little and me.I am already 15 weeks and on the 23rd I have to visit high risk and the 25 endocrine to see if for that date you can tell me what we bring!
At the moment I am going well although I have had some piquillos on the subject of work, I am currently in an orchestra and the schedules are totally inverse to my normal life, that is, night work, many hours outside and when I rest it is in the morning and I am aLittle uneasiness for the results of this last month, but for now you vams well.
@"Sarajim" do not worry that it will download you, you are striving a lot and that will bring your most expected reward :) and I will tell you later to see how we are going !!A kiss !!

patri_caracol's profile photo
patri_caracol
08/08/2017 12:49 p.m.

Azucarada desde los 5 añitos
21 años manipulando agujas!
Toujeo 34u / Novorapid 15u diarias + ó -
App diario para control de diabetes mySugr
Última Hemo: 6,1 % OBJETIVO SUPERADO!!
A esforzarse que VAMOS A SER PAPIS!!!

Un saludo a los que día a día somos diabéticos :x

Hello girls !!!!I want to make a WhatsApp group for girls who seek pregnancy with diabetes ... send me private and we know several points d view and we can help each other

mariamarquez's profile photo
mariamarquez
08/08/2017 4:34 p.m.

Hello girls !!@"Patri_Caracol" are calm that you will see how 23 and 25 tell you that every wind wind is going !!Your baby growing healthy and happy !!I understand you perfectly with the work ... I have times of enough stress and do not see how I notice ... now, with the theme of pregnancy, I try to be relaxed and make me affect me as little as possible ... because if notThe impossible hemo to lower it!I go to the endocrine on the 31st ... I'm looking forward to going to see what he tells me ... I don't know if I will be a bit unconscious about it, but if I get to 6.8-7 I am going to tell you that I'm going to get to it... Because I think the same desire to want to lower the hem and be a mother are affecting and uncontrolling me ... I will wait to see the results and see what he tells me ... and I will get to ask questions and ask him for advice...
@"Mariamarquez", the group seems perfect to me!I pass my number by message and count on me for it !!

SaraJim's profile photo
SaraJim
08/08/2017 7:03 p.m.

Hello Xica, your opinion wanted to think that it is a lot of risk to stay mate with 37 years being diabetics? I already have one but I would like to stay again but I am afraid, debut 9 years ago.all the best

irene's profile photo
irene
08/13/2017 11:17 p.m.

@irene clear that you can if you are controlled ... I have friends of your age with BB and another d 39 pregnant now ...

mariamarquez
08/14/2017 11:55 a.m.

Hi Chichas!

First of all, congratulations to the future moms, to which you already have your little ones and those that you are in search (like me, Jijiji).

I introduce myself: my name is Mireia and I am 30 years old.I am type 1 diabetic since the age of 11.I have been married for 2 years and well, we are in search :) I have the OK of my endocrine for 1 year and for several reasons we decided to wait a little longer, but since last month we have done duties "seriously."We have been below 7 and the last Hemo of two months ago was 6.9.Although it is high, I still have the endocrine ok since I am quite controlled and the increase is because they made a change of leveir to Toujeo and I had a few days of uncontrolled ... but now I have already directed everything again :)In June I visited myself for the first time with my hospital risk team and the first impression was good.They have told me to return in September or if I get pregnant before, to call them.

I just wanted to tell you that it makes me a tremendous illusion to participate in this forum ... I have read from page 1 to the last and I have followed the pregnancies of all the chichas almost as if they were friends.I hope to be able to say soon that I am pregnant and tell my "messes" just like you do.

I send you a huge kiss to all and many encouragement!

By the way, I would love to be part of your WhatsApp group!Who do I have to give my number?

Mireia87's profile photo
Mireia87
08/14/2017 5:33 p.m.

@"Mireia 87" Mireia send me your number by private and I put you !!!!

mariamarquez
08/15/2017 8:35 p.m.

Hi noaddedsugar,
I believe how mom I must think about your health first, the hormonal changes in pregnancy are very deep your child will cling to you and you must be in the best condition to maintain your health during and after pregnancy
I suggest that your new lifestyle inhabits and know how to control your glucose, in addition to being an expert knowledgeable of the disease.
You must be in good shape since you must take care of a BB for long years
I hope you have a happy pregnancy
It is the best thing that can happen to you in life

A hug

9406 's profile photo
08/22/2017 4:04 a.m.

Hello!!After almost two months I write to you again!How are you future moms and those in project?
Well, I at the moment great, my child and I (we bring a child !!) We are great.The tests corresponding to each month have gone very good.I am in the 22nd week and every day I feel more to my little one, which moves a lot.On October 6, I have the next high risk review again and in the endo to see how I am going.The last time I was very worried about the theme of the piquillos and rose me from 6.1 to 6.3 and the endocrine of substitution threw the anger since my endo was on vacation.This month I have reduced the peaks and the top I have been able to have is 250 :( (I have accumulated birthdays and other stories)
I still maintain my units of both Toujeo and quickly and I do well.
I hope you are all great and the future dads the same!
A huge kiss and tell me how you are going!

patri_caracol's profile photo
patri_caracol
09/29/2017 12:29 p.m.

Azucarada desde los 5 añitos
21 años manipulando agujas!
Toujeo 34u / Novorapid 15u diarias + ó -
App diario para control de diabetes mySugr
Última Hemo: 6,1 % OBJETIVO SUPERADO!!
A esforzarse que VAMOS A SER PAPIS!!!

Un saludo a los que día a día somos diabéticos :x

Hello ... I am the forum new .... I am 37 years old and I am thinking of becoming pregnant ... but between age and diabetes I am shit ...... The more I read the more fear I have ..... will it be a recklessness to try?

ciezanica's profile photo
ciezanica
11/29/2017 9:42 a.m.

@"Ciezanica" while you carry good control you will not have more problems than a non -diabetic.I am also trying and I have a very strict control, I have changed the food a lot to try to be almost 70-120 without uploads or declines.Some is inevitable but I try to be the minimum and I correct as soon as I am in 150. It is quite work because you have to be pending every day but it is what touches us if we want to avoid problems.I am now with a 5.5 hemo that is very good.For pregnancy they recommend less than 6 and in some cases with less than 6.5 they give you the OK.Check with your endocrine and tell you because sometimes they have to change insulin if you use one that is not tested in pregnancy.
If it's something that you really want I encourage you to go for it.You should not worry much because there are many women who stay with your age without problems.Yes, at older fertility so the same takes more to stay, and there is some more complications risk but today with all the control they make you can have a pregnancy without problems.
What I do recommend that if you have the option of carrying a continuous monitor it is much easier, at least for me it has been since I carry it.You can look at each other and correct quickly as soon as it goes up and with the curves you can make changes in food or insulin much better than only having the glucometer data.

Yessica_A
11/29/2017 10:27 a.m.

Thanks for the answer ..... would you have to change the three ??????

:-EITHER

ciezanica's profile photo
ciezanica
11/29/2017 10:31 a.m.

cenzanica said:
thanks for the answer ..... would you have to change the three ??????

: -O

Well, I don't know for sure.It sounds to me that some girl from a group of pregnancy and lactation of Facebook in which I am uses it.But to tell you the endocrine because also from one hospital to another they say different things for what they have told me.If you are going to put yourself as soon as possible, you consult it better, than if they have to change you it takes a bit to adapt and have good control to start.
I was with Toujeo and Apidra and I changed the apidra to Humalog because it was more proven and is the same.The toujeo as I have such a good control with her and with Lantus was doing badly because he told me that he could continue that he has already tried in pregnancy even if he is not as proven as the lantus.And Levemir I have a friend with gestational who prescribed it but from threeiba I don't remember anyone right now.

Yessica_A
11/29/2017 10:52 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.