{'en': 'Diabetes and pregnancy', 'es': 'Diabetes y embarazo'} Image

Diabetes and pregnancy

NoAddedSugar's profile photo   01/17/2012 11:30 a.m.

Another question and forgive that it is so plast, I put 12 from the long, night and the rapFrom the long one and I have done it but I still give me hypoglycemia ... Puffff is super unpleasant and I feel that I do not control my life when this happens ... do you know why it could be ??? something fails .... Good night! Andthank you!

anarome's profile photo
anarome
09/10/2014 5:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello girls !!
Each is a world.I enter the 18th week and I have been quite well, we have 5.8 and 5.7.The highest of 6. I am going to put a floor, hahaha.He is very much curled with me, he sees me almost every week or every three, it depends on how he sees me.But I always repeat something that reassures me: there must always be peaks, if you were always perfect, it would not be diabetic.The important thing is to have a hem below 6.5.
I have known, with gestational diabetes that are planted in 200 and many and 300 in the posts.They do not put insulin so they do not manage hyper as we.(advantage for us) and precious children leave.
So we have to enjoy our pregnancy, with their things and excite ourselves with having moníiiiiisimos babies.
Courage to all.You always have to try to see the good side of things, we are super controlled, by endos, midwives and gines ...

melimperia's profile photo
melimperia
09/10/2014 6:57 p.m.

@aruky, according to my endocrine, hypos are more dangerous than hyper.A single hypo "is supposed", it can affect the fetus, but the hyper are dangerous if you do not correct them and stay time.But neither do you worry in excess that we have also had all, some have lost knowledge and everything and in principle everything is ok.

@Anome, get off more than slow and if you see that you don't improve, try to change the time you put it.

Another girl question, what more or less did you start uploading insulin?

Greetings to all !!

Aryi's profile photo
Aryi
09/11/2014 7:01 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Bomba insulina Medtronic

You have ethical reason, I suppose it would be crazy to learn now the use of the pump and others with everything that comes, but it is that despair can sometimes.I know that I must calm down and try to improve but sometimes when you have peaks for no reason and you have even gone hungry for not eating too much for fear, you wonder how is possible ..?Ufff Yevo 6 years of diabetics and had never eaten both my head and now.I just hope that everything I do for my bb is doing well.Although my last hemo was not too good 6.9 (not analytical but finger) something that gets quite uneasy I have heard here that those of finger usually throw down, it means that it was something older, now I have enough controlsGood, but as I have always said one or two hypos and a hyper usually falls up to date, so I am not sure that my first analytical my hem has improved :( I only have patience and wait for everything to do everything. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.Girls for advising me and telling me your experiences.

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
09/12/2014 7:16 a.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7
Toujeo 14 (23:30)
Ultima Hemo: 6.6 (29/01/20)
Freestyle Libre desde 06/2019

For the hemo.Previa do not worry, the important thing is the one you have now.In the first pregnancy I stayed with 6.9 and the second was 6. And in this pregnancy I stayed with 7.5 but because I needed a DB break before another pregnancy, my two kids are going to take 22 months and asked if I could startTo look for or if I expected another hemo and his answer was, do things well, how you know how to do it and start looking for whenever you want ... When I stayed I had 6.4 and started going well, not perfect ... and the lastFrom finger it came out 6.3 which left me worried, it is not bad, but if the venous was taller ... it would be close to 7, I asked and begged that they did it by analytics, and it came out 5.6... Which I was more left with the values ​​.... so do not make you, it has good controls and forget about the hemo

tica's profile photo
tica
09/12/2014 9:33 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Thank you Tica for your advice, I will try to follow it and not to grate so much although it costs me a lot with so many hypos (which some is done hyper with the rebound) and still continuous with the breakfast problem, in the middle of the morning I arrived high.I wanted to ask you, when in any control you see that you are high, you want to put an extra fast to lower it or let it go down alone until the next meal ???I ask PK just to happen to me, and I have had breakfast early, and at two hours 240 !!!And now in the middle of the morning I have to take my ration of fruit, and then I have thought to put some fast to lower it a little and thus be able to take the ration of fruit without increasing the level.I do not usually do that but as I see here that many do it wanted to know what you do and how you do and others.For FA, I am not new to diabetes but new in pregnancy and I have countless doubts that no one solves me :(

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
09/15/2014 8:26 a.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7

Hello girls !!!
I join this group, I am 31 years old and I want to get pregnant but I still have the hem at 7.5 at the end of October I haveI am a diabetic and I have not yet gotten to me, I really have not taken much, it is now these months when I am taking care of myself, I even know in summer with the honeymoon trip and escapes that we have made it has been difficult for me to try to eat healthy
Folic acid could start taking it now?

Vera30's profile photo
Vera30
09/15/2014 8:41 a.m.

Hello Aruky.
In case I serve you ... before putting the supplement I look first as Insulinas I have in my body.Because my case is that in the early morning I put the Levemir and the Novorapid together.If I am high at breakfast, I let it be, because I am letling it is starting its effect, but it is in the afternoon when I am high ... if I wear because the Levemir is already declining.What I want to tell you ... is that you try to see the effects of each type of insulin and then say.Because sometimes, I have become nervous, I have put the supplement without thinking and then ... Ale !!hiccup.
Cheer up!!Little by little you will solve it.Now is making changes and more changes.Since I got pregnant, three changes of pattern are already there.

melimperia's profile photo
melimperia
09/15/2014 8:41 a.m.

Before I have halfway the message Jeheje
Good luck to those who are trying and congratulations to which you have succeeded !!!

Vera30's profile photo
Vera30
09/15/2014 8:44 a.m.

Hello.I am new in the forum, I just registered to comment on my experience, since I am very worried.

A few days ago I discovered that I was pregnant.At first I was excited and happy, but ... I don't know, I'm very scared.I am type 1 diabetic and now I realize that I had to have prepared my pregnancy more.I enter the Internet and every time I read something about diabetes and pregnancy I get bad.Sugar levels are supposed to be perfect since 3 months before and in my case it is not so.In February my HG was 7.4.Now I think I'm better, but I don't know how much ... since February I don't have an analysis.I told my endocrine in February that I wanted to get pregnant, but all he told me is that I had to lower the gly.I didn't know that sugar levels had to be so controlled.Nor did the gynecologist told me, and that I have been telling her that I want to have children and she knows that I am type 1 diabetic. How have you not most careful the dangers that a pregnancy entails in a diabetic woman?

I am very worried, the weekend I could not stop crying all over the day.What if my baby has problems because of me?I am so worried ... I can't stop thinking that something can go wrong because of me.I am quite responsible with everything and I do not understand how I have been able to miss something like that ... now I just hope that I am still healthy and has no problem.I would never forgive it.

ElisaRueda's profile photo
ElisaRueda
09/15/2014 10:10 a.m.

DM1 2006
Novorapid 14-5-3 (+correcciones)
Lantus 8 - 3
Última hemo: 5.1

Hello Aruky I do correct, even when I had the fast if I see that the post sibies, I prefer to spend and take half a ration to be high.I get a lot of controls, I know that if at two hours I am 70-80 I have something to avoid the hypo ...

Elisa, relax ... those nerves are of hormones .... 7.4 is not such an ugly hem.I do not know if you have read my previous message, I stayed with 7.5 and with the approval of the endocrine and being my second pregnancy .. we have previously does not affect the baby, it affects the glycemia of every day!Today I have made me hemo and I have 5.8 I am already in the last quarter and I have had hypos and hypers and for now the little one goes perfect.My other child is a healthy child and pregnancy, although controlled, because I had ups and downs as it is normal with diabetes.Controls, controls and more controls and when necessary to correct.It weighs the food and points everything and in a few days you will have it under control!

tica's profile photo
tica
09/15/2014 10:45 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Hello girls,
I wanted to ask something that brings me from the head since I have the hemo well (before when I had 9 I did not give me any problem, now that it supposes it to me)
It is about exercise !!
But before I present myself: 32 years, permission to get pregnant with 6.4, with bomb 14 months and 3 times operated of retinopathy (I have practically lost my eye, the other eye is perfect).
I have been progressively reducing the type of exercise I did because instead of improving, I hump all the work that had been done by adjusting the basal and ratios every two by three.
I have been going from fitness to Aquagimn, Pilates and I have already concluded that the best thing for me is to walk 30-40 min every day (and at the same time for discounted).But not even for those, today I have stayed at home again with a boba face and the shoes.And instead of being happy for having 80 I have pissed off because I do not give the formula.(The thing is that I have lowered the basal and I have taken a juice and as if nothing, after an hour I continued with 80 and I was afraid to leave).
A couple of months ago I forced a 140 to be ready before leaving and I disconnected the pump during the walk and also 1 regulation.
But now that is not worth it because I am already trying to stay and I do not want to have 140 but it is in a postprandial.I also do not want to stop the bomb, which I think is not the way because it can then bounce.
You pregnant, I imagine you will exercise, right ???How hell do you do ??
Thank you,
I am at your disposal for any question of what I can contribute.
BSS, we are champions.

cinsa81's profile photo
cinsa81
09/15/2014 4:58 p.m.

Vera, the folk acid does begin with him.

casiopea's profile photo
casiopea
09/15/2014 7:01 p.m.

DM 1 desde 2003
Hemo 6.2
mi peque nació el 2 del 11
y mi mujercita el 26 del 10 del 99

Cinsa, nothing happens because you leave strong exercise during pregnancy.With what you walk something when you can, it is enough ... realize that there are many women who have to spend part of pregnancy at rest, for other problems ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/15/2014 8:31 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Tica, thanks for your words.The truth is that I am already a little more relaxed, although I remain nervous and, of course, that is not good for diabetes.Nothing is good for diabetes.The endocrine can't see me until Monday, so here, trying to control sugar.To top it off, I have not yet been able to do the blood analysis to see my hem, because I have been having hypos for several days and I can't spend a night on an empty stomach.This is going to be complicated ... but I'm going to strive to the fullest.For my baby.

ElisaRueda
09/16/2014 4:57 a.m.

DM1 2006
Lantus 8 - 3

Elisarueda happens to you as I have already been with 5 days with night hypos and I do not give with how to avoid them.I have already lowered the lantus (I put it at 23:00 and the hicc as it is usually 4 hours after putting it on) but nothing, I continued with hypos.Last night I tried to take instead of a ration before bedtime, and at 3 in the morning 295 !!!and when I wake up 240 !!!!What despair, if I do a bad thing, if I do the other worse, I don't know what to do.I also continue to have hyper in the middle of the morning, despite having uploaded the fast breakfast ... sometimes I overwhelm myself and I do not stop crying for despair, for not knowing how to control the situation by myself, and it happens to me like you, thatThe endocrine does not see me until next week, I don't know how many days I will endure with this lack of control.I find myself in a quite low time.I hope you go better than me :(

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
09/16/2014 7:55 a.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7

Aruky, how much do you carry in pregnancy?I am 6 weeks, and I am afraid to have already made irreparable damage for my lack of control.It is desperate.I see that our cases are similar.This diabetes is horrible, right?It seems that the more effort you put in controlling it, the more uncontrolled it is.And above pregnancy is a hormone revolution.How envy to girls who are able to keep their we have in a normal number and that can control insulin.I don't know what to eat.You are supposed to eat five times a day, what do I do then, I also punctuate to snack and to eat something in the middle of the morning?In addition, as I do not know how to control food, I am eating less, when it is supposed to be the opposite.
By the way, is any of you from Seville?Can you recommend a gynecologist specializing in diabetes?
Well, on Monday I see my endocrine ... I hope everything goes well.
Good luck, Aruky, and a lot of encouragement.

ElisaRueda
09/16/2014 8:45 a.m.

DM1 2006
Lantus 8 - 3

Elisarueda, if we have similar cases.Well, I am 8 weeks and it happens to me, that when I see some peak it gives me the low and I enter the anxiety and sadness in case I am damaging my BB (even being unintentionally because I try to control as well as possible themeals) It also happens to me like you that sometimes to avoid some hyper as somewhat less food for fear of the climb, and what happens later?Well an hip!And the curious thing and that I despair more is that I can eat exactly two days and my levels can be totally opposite, so that the ratios and the units are worth the according to me if I lueg or it is how he wants ... well, I do not give you the sheet that mess and I will depress you all hahaha very luck also for you Elisarueda and I hope that on Monday you have good news about your endocrine :)

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
09/16/2014 9:04 a.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7

@Elisarueda, I am from Seville they see me at the Valme hospital, I really do not know any diabetes specialized gynecologist, nor have I ever heard it.The endocrine and gynecologist take me at high risk.

I had never heard that gynecologist specialized in diabetes.

On the other hand you do not despair I have been the same and with the animals for the soils, but all those descents and climbs in the first quarter is normal, I have been a week and a half that it seems that I have the sugar a little more controlled, I am for 15 weeksAnd I have already entered the phase that the endocrine says that now begins to rise, this week I have not had any rise peak, some drop if, but up not.

I have been last week by putting a couple of insulin days in the snack, I have done it on my own since I arrived at the very high dinner, yesterday I did not get well and today I have not put on it either.

I already knew that this pregnancy and diabetes was difficult, but I didn't imagine that so much, hehehe ...

It costs, it costs a lot, but to be well controlled, the best thing is to get controls every two hours and so you know how you are.

Greetings girls and we will not despair that this stage is a very beautiful stage of life and we will not lose it because they are so pending sugar, we have to take it as a habit, how to drink water to make us the most often controls than beforeIf we stay and get insulin and correct when we need it, take it as another day to day and not to come down ..

YOLI's profile photo
YOLI
09/16/2014 3:43 p.m.

Hello,
I just wanted to tell you to those who are already pregnant that you are doing well !!!
That you are tireless fighters and that none is going to throw in the towel.

An anecdote: today my husband has seen me for the fourth time in the day scoring the tests, reflecting what to do for tomorrow with everything pointed in a table and he told me as annoying "but rests a little" ... and almost bitten him!!, I thought "I would like that, rest."In the last 21 hours I have done 14 controls, because I wanted to try to see if I was able to keep the figures that I will need in pregnancy.It's Chungo, you live for it and that without banishment hormones ...

That is a daily effort, time by time, day and night and that of course many times we fail.And we cry.

I would like to collect what has been said in other posts: 1) If we had stable sugar we would not have diabetes, it is inevitable 2) Gestational diabetics also have their peaks and are not as pressured as we are 3) The important thing about the peaks is to catch themon time.

I know that this does not comfort when you think you can have damaged the baby or when you imagine the bad things that can happen.
But I remember one thing that a doctor told me when I desperately asked him statistics and figures, probabilities.I wanted a number that helped me decide.
He told me: "But what do you think? What when your healthy son is born, can't get sick later? Children's hospitals units, oncology, ect then they are empty? Something can always happen and you will always worry about what happens to himSomething, pregnant or when I am 10 years old or with 25 years you can kill you in an accident.
You will live with that concern until you die.

I imagine that concern and guilt is something that goes from the hand of motherhood, I don't know.And it is difficult or sometimes impossible to keep calm, when you strive to the fullest and hemoglobin does not fall or inexplicable things happen.The endocrine told me that insulin needs vary in a person from day to day and throughout the same day dueI will understand.From that day I stopped crushing and everything began to go better for me.I only angered when I knew that I had calculated rations by eye, or chopped without clicking or not making a postprandial, things like that.Things that are in my hand.

Well I don't know if what I have told you will be.I hope not offend anyone with anything that says that we are all sensitive here ...

We will get it!

cinsa81's profile photo
cinsa81
09/16/2014 5:46 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.