{'en': 'Diabetes and pregnancy', 'es': 'Diabetes y embarazo'} Image

Diabetes and pregnancy

NoAddedSugar's profile photo   01/17/2012 11:30 a.m.

Yoli, the other day I read that glucagon can be put with an insulin syringe, and I thought it was a very good idea so they dared to put the relatives ...,

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/18/2014 10:47 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello girls.
Yoli (if it serves you) gave me a hip at 7 weeks that I had to go through emergencies.I stayed in 25 and the baby is in my 14 weeks.To all pregnant women, diabetics or not, in the first quarter they give us hypos, some are also passed out and are not diabetic.So, calm, you'll see how everything is going well.
Regina, the glucagon in syringe, I have been doing it for several years.Because I have ease to catch me gastrointeritis and always give me fat drops, so I put it on myself when I see that I do not go back.For me it is easier.I hope you don't have to use it, but it's an option.

melimperia's profile photo
melimperia
08/19/2014 6:16 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yoli, something similar happened to me on Wednesday, vomits dinner and the last analysis that I did 30, I think I still get more ... I don't lose knowledge, but I just wanted to leave me calm and sleep .... yesterday I was in the gine and everything ok ... while they are short episodes the baby is protected ...

tica's profile photo
tica
08/19/2014 8:42 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Thank you very much girls for reassuring my animals !!!, I had never been as pending of sugar as now, and this is a roller coaster ... since that happened to me on Sunday, it seems and I do not want to talk too much something that I am fine with the levelsI do not get off 60 so better, because I had not happened to me for a long time and I really felt very bad ...

You already told you Monday when I go to the first ultrasound ... hehehe ...

Thank you very much girls, it helps me to talk to you that you know what I'm talking about ...

YOLI's profile photo
YOLI
08/20/2014 7:37 a.m.

Hello!

Majo3282, it seems that it can happen, but you don't guide yourself for that because it can happen to you anything.

I believe girls that very rare is who does not happen to the hypos, right?But of course, you scare yourself and you feel very guilty for what can happen, I think it is inevitable.

Yoli, don't worry about your boy!What are you going to do, if you don't know anything.My boy is the poor these weeks telling me that he will give him a heart attack, and on top of that I refuse to drink or eat anything, so imagine.The other day he screwed up because I started saying: "We are all going to die ...", hehehe, I have some movies, and how I am watching the TV I do not want to tell you ...

I am very interested in what you say about glucagon.I was waiting to ask the endocrine next week.I have glucagon in a case in which the vial and the syringe comes, is that, right?Whenever I have serious hypos my boy put me one, but now it gives me something because then they give me some rebounds that you do not see.Doesn't you happen to you?

Aryi's profile photo
Aryi
08/21/2014 6:02 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Bomba insulina Medtronic

Hi Aryi, when it comes to glucagon.The syringe I change it for an insulin.Because the one that brings as standard is impossible.It cost me a lot to introduce it into the skin, counting that this needle can spend months in a refrigerator.Therefore, I dissolve the pill and then charge with an insulin.

With regard to rebound, it is normal for you to.But the first thing is to remove the hypo and then already ... you solve with insulin.The hypos are not good, because they affect the two.

When I was in the emergency department, I got a lot, because I put on glucagon, they put me a serum with glucose and made me drink a juice and a glass of milk with cookies, so imagine.But they tell you that if it is punctual, there is no risk.The problem would be in 200- 300 continuously.

Therefore, encourage !!It is a phase that must be passed and then we will look rewarded;)

melimperia's profile photo
melimperia
08/21/2014 6:53 p.m.

I have also read that if you wear half of the glucagon dose, it goes up without rebound ... I have not tried it with my daughter, but it must be an insulin syringe of 50 units, right?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/21/2014 9:02 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Forgive that it puts me here, but in what can help ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/21/2014 9:03 p.m.

Thanks girls!What you say, regina, is what I had thought to do, put half and see how, I will tell you, but let's see if lucky I do not have to try !!!

Aryi's profile photo
Aryi
08/22/2014 8:52 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Bomba insulina Medtronic

Hello girls !!

How about everything?Well, today I have gone to my first ultrasound, but Ufff ,,, have not explained anything.They have had to make it vaginal because it is very down and almost nothing was seen.I have been somewhat worried, because they have not put me to listen to my heart, they have not told me if my heart is beating well, they have not explained anything at all.I have only told me "everything is fine" and that's it.Today I expected to hear him how his heart beats and nothing at all ......

YOLI's profile photo
YOLI
08/25/2014 1:01 p.m.

How are you already, @Yoli?
When you go again, do not cut yourself to ask everything you need to know, it is your obligation to inform you, I say, right?What next, for when?

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/25/2014 2:50 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Hello everyone,

How are you ???I do not usually write much here but I follow your post a lot and it seems to me that here there is a very beautiful community in which you all help with your advice and experiences.That is why I have decided to write to you to tell you a little my situation and ask for advice.It turns out that I am pregnant with 5 weekly, I just know it makes it a few days and the truth is that I am a bit lost on this issue because I do not know exactly to do.My educator has seen me and has put me a diet to lower the Hemo a little more (currently in 6.9) it has told me that diabetics have risk pregnancies so it has greater follow -up and control.I have gone to see my doctor who has derived me directly to the midwife, but it has only limited myself to giving myself to later because he says that it is still early to see me.I suppose it will be the procedure but I am somewhat laded because they have not asked me for an analytical one, they have not sent me folk acid, vitamins or anything of those things that it is supposed to be taking ... and I am quite musqueted because I do not know if it is soAs things go or that in my health center, they are 'bullfighting' a little.What do you think?How were your experiences from the beginning?Thanks in advance

All the best

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
08/28/2014 6:54 a.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7
Toujeo 14 (23:30)
Ultima Hemo: 6.6 (29/01/20)
Freestyle Libre desde 06/2019

@aruky, it is normal for a little of you to pass at first, I think that all or almost all of them happens to us.The important thing is that the endocrine sees you, who is the one who is going to give you the guidelines and who will send you the analysis and all that.Take folic acid, don't wait for you to tell you.You with relax because we are in many hurry for everything but not and we must have a very patience.

Yesterday I was in the endocrine and today I had the echo of 12 weeks and everything is OK for the moment, so I am very happy!

Aryi's profile photo
Aryi
08/28/2014 8:49 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Bomba insulina Medtronic

Apart from AC.Folico, what other vitamins do you have to take?Because the gynecology when they gave me permission to start looking told me to start taking the AC FOLICO and the "vitamins" but did not tell me which

Gala's profile photo
Gala
08/28/2014 9:35 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Thanks Aryi, I'm glad your pregnancy goes well :)

You carry all the reason in what I can be a bit bullas but since I have no idea how these things desperate me.It is like what you told me about the endocrine.I went to see it when I knew about my pregnancy to give me quotation as soon as possible, and I am appointment (analytical included) by the end of September (when I am already more than 2 months) and I am not very sure that that is veryNormal since he believed that the first months of pregnancy are very important for the good development of the baby and should be controlled as soon as possible.And the folk acid and others tell me that this is the first thing they send you to know about your pregnancy and I am nothing at all.For those things a bit.The only one that I have truly seen a hurry for your part has been my diabetes educator and at least there I am somewhat calmer.
Well, I'll tell you how my progress are going and if I will end up killing someone from social security hehehe

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
08/28/2014 9:38 a.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7

Hello, folk acid and iodine tomato.I took Yoduk Complex that covers Social Security.You can take that without problems, unless you have some thyroid.

Where are you from?The logical thing is that they refer you at a high risk and starting day 7 or 8 begin to receive periodically.Before TP can see anything with the echo.

Tomorrow I do 26 weeks .... I do not believe how fast this second pregnancy is happening to me ... those who are pregnant with the first to enjoy ... Q then is no longer the same ... you live with more peace of mind, but you don't have time to think about the new son you carry inside ... a rare sensation ... yes, the little one notes ... what kicks me!

tica's profile photo
tica
08/28/2014 12:59 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Hi Tica, because I am from Cadiz, I do not know if in all the autonomous communities the procedure is the same, they have not referred to me at a high risk or anything, that my educator has only told me but they have not given me any different treatment asMore vigorous quotes, more "urgent" analytics or anything.Until now, I am 6 weeks and the only thing they are doing to me is my educator to see me more frequency (weekly) to modify the insulin and others.Another issue that despairs me is the levels of sugar, since although I try to carry my diet as extractic as possible for the good of my baby, I always end up having some hypos and some hyper and always after that I feel super bad, because II feel guilty in case you can damage my baby (and I am trying by all means to carry good controls, but some leave me, inexplicably)
The truth is that I at most head with these things, you who have more experience in this topic, how do you carry it?

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
08/29/2014 5:36 a.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7

Hello girls, I have not got around here for a long time, I just read you and I tell you my experience, I am Type I diabetics for 14 years, just a year after my daughter was born for 8 I have also had hypothyroidism, and to top it up I did 40Years in April, because I tell you my experience in Obstectrics of Madrid.
6 months before becoming pregnant, I told the endocrine, and I get under the glycosylated to 6.9 (more or less always Rondo 7) There gave me green light, the same day I did the pregnancy test I had an appointment with her, which referred me to obstetricia and sent me to take yodocefol (without € 5.80 recipe) the gynecologist did not see me until week 9 but from there it has seen me and made echoed every month and a half, as well as the endocrine,
The first weeks had to raise the doses, both the rapid and the slow one (novorapid or lantus) but from week 10 it lowers it and lowered it as much as to prick 16 of Lantus to click me 8 as well with the rapid, I am currently I am currentlyOf 30 weeks, all the ultrasound is fine, it is a child, it carries the right weight, I have the glycosilada in 5.1.
At the beginning of pregnancy they marked me a lot that the high sugar did not have (for malformations) however now they give almost more importance to the descents.I am currently with the insulin quite regulated, some loose peak but fartabte well, and I put more or less the same dose as before becoming pregnant.The giene told me that they do not advance the childbirth, that according to going they are seeing it, you have made me 2 and I have one left, in that normal like anyone (gynecologist) because the endo has made me more.Ahhh also had the Eutirox.What I wear worst ... do the sugar test 10 times a day, but the baby deserves it.Greetings to all.

casiopea's profile photo
casiopea
08/29/2014 8:19 a.m.

DM 1 desde 2003
Hemo 6.2
mi peque nació el 2 del 11
y mi mujercita el 26 del 10 del 99

Aruky, it is normal to have up and down, because the needs are changing, and of course for us 2 units is the difference between a rise and a descent, if you do not keep the rise for a long time there is no problem, the bad thing is to be in 300, 3Hours, or reach 40 every two by 3 from there to constantly look at the levels, when I have had some inexplicable mismatch that suddenly passes in pregnancy, I have looked at myself every hour and every 3 hours at night, a real cod,But it is the only way to adapt the ratios, and when you have it already ... a month and change again .... PUF, to me the endo tells me "" When the child is born you have to continue the same "" II say .... Siiii of course, the Rsto of my life I am going to get up twice at night to look at my sugar ... no and no ... but well now there are 9 messages, which is the health of our son.

casiopea's profile photo
casiopea
08/29/2014 8:28 a.m.

DM 1 desde 2003
Hemo 6.2
mi peque nació el 2 del 11
y mi mujercita el 26 del 10 del 99

Hello everyone !!

@Aruky, the same thing happened to me a little, I am from Seville and when my endocrine was found on vacation, but I moved sky and earth to be able to take the appointment with the high -risk gynecology beforeThat he came, the educator advances the appointment with the gynecolo and instead was my endocrine that has always seen me that it is the one who passed the consultation in pregnant women.
To you your endocrine where he sees you at the hospital?Normal (I have learned this talking with each other and who in the forum).

The folk acid issue you must take it now, I start taking it and I was taking 6 months before becoming pregnant as preparation.

The theme of high -risk pregnancy as far as I are directly monitored in hospitals and not in health centers.At least they see me in the hospital, in the health center you just see the midwife to bring control and see the notes of the endocrine and gynecologist.

Each community is a world and follow guidelines, but your quiet is still early to see anything and if the educator is giving you insulin guidelines and all this ......

What if be careful with the descents that apparently is normal that in the first quarter the luca is on the ground it has happened to me and it still happens to me, you must do many controls, every day every two hours, he asks thatThey upload the number D to use since it is important to see you daily controls to control ...

I have learned a lot in this group and you thank you for that, you have reassured me on many occasions.

@intrusa, I am 12 weeks, and the next echo is on 09/22, and I have taken a notebook to sign up everything I want to know both in the gynecologist and the endocrine because then you stay blank in the consultation andThings happen to you ...

Greetings girls !!!

YOLI's profile photo
YOLI
08/29/2014 8:31 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.