{'en': 'Insulin seems not to act', 'es': 'La insulina parece que no actua'} Image

Insulin seems not to act

Paqui's profile photo   05/06/2012 3:33 p.m.

Hello, I am new in this forum and I come on my mother's representation, who is type II diabetics.
We are desperate, we live in Caracas-Venezuela and we do not get the insulin novorapid or Humalog, which must be injected before each meal.
Please, if any of you can help me indicating where to get it.
And in advance thank you very much.

marbe's profile photo
marbe
10/26/2018 5:36 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, something similar is happening to me.As I am thin for diabetes 1 they send me to eat more hydrates but that made my glucose rise.Today 246 before dinner.Use Novorapid and Lantus.What is the honeymoon?They diagnosed me in August.

Clau's profile photo
Clau
02/25/2019 2:34 a.m.

Diabetes Lada 1 desde 2018
Toujeo 16 U
Fiasp según conteo de CH
HG 6.5%
Freestyle

If you eat more hydrates, you will need faster.
The honeymoon is a more or less long period in which the pancreas recovers something at the beginning of the treatment and produces insulin.Over time at least, at least, in type 1.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/25/2019 3:53 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you very much Regina.The strange thing that injects me novorapid 2 u and it did well gave me postprandial 153 (lunch) and before dinner I had 246 and I had only taken a yogurt.Will I need more of Lantus?

Clau's profile photo
Clau
02/25/2019 5:36 p.m.

Toujeo 16 U
Fiasp según conteo de CH
HG 6.5%
Freestyle

You will need slower if you get up high.
At meals, it takes quickly.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/25/2019 6:37 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you very much Regina !!! You can help me saying where I write as you. My data I take and etc.You are very kind.

Clau's profile photo
Clau
02/25/2019 6:43 p.m.

Toujeo 16 U
Fiasp según conteo de CH
HG 6.5%
Freestyle

@Clau points out what is your glycemia before eating, how many hydrates you eat, you quickly put yourself and postprandial blood glucose.
If not, we can't help you.

You use little insulin because you must have some reserve, if you take care you can last a good time.I have been 4 years and I still have a bit.

It is important that you eat for rations to learn to calculate insulin doses.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/27/2019 12:56 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Ruthbia tells you that my values ​​came very well.I dawn between 60 and 100 and breakfast without insulin.The rapid 2 U for 80 grams of pasta, 1 cup of whole rice.The problem began on Sunday that preprandial dinner I had 243 and yesterday the same thing happened to me.I corrected with 2 U fast and had dinner without hydrates and went down to 89 where I had to eat something again.Today I woke up with 64. I take care of my goal is to last the reservation.Thank you!!!!!

Clau's profile photo
Clau
02/27/2019 2:06 p.m.

Toujeo 16 U
Fiasp según conteo de CH
HG 6.5%
Freestyle

Louizak said:
The same thing happens to me, but with metformin, I wake up to 160, I take it with breakfast, and at two hours 340 ... it is not for what there areeaten because it becomes anything .. Yesterday even having taken it I was 400 bone I do not understand what I do badly because I take care of my diet to the maximum ..
>

If you get up with metformin to 160 and after breakfast goes up at two hours to 340 is that you have put "bread" to breakfast or "cookie", or some orange -type fruit.I get up with that figure when I take metofmina (I have a month of rest for red spots on the legs with itching that they have sent and apparently they were side effect of metformin 850. My glucose measured with capillary and "sensor" freshlineline.
The morning climb is the most durable, in the separation Frestylibre I call it "the hill" because it is a line that rises above the line of 150 and makes a "belly" until the 13th in which it starts to go down,If I do half an hour after breakfast, 130 reaches it at about 13 hours.

Juan Luis Manzano Andrés's profile photo
Juan Luis Manzano Andrés
03/03/2019 11:54 p.m.

yaizaj said:
paqui said:
hello how are you?

After introducing myself in the appropriate place I spend my case that brings me on the head lately.

I am 39 years old, 2 and a half ago I debuted.I have type 1 diabetes and my treatment is Lantus (28 units) at 22.00 h.and Novorapid: the variable units.

2 weeks ago I have spent an important cold and the glucose got a lot of uncontrolled, they sent me antibiotic and it seems that it also remained uncontrolled.The fact is that I no longer take treatment for the cold and I am relatively well, I only have a bit of dry cough.Well, I can't get the glucose, it seems that I have paid to number 300, because I always have around that figure.Yesterday I did a small experiment and sometimes I think that insulin does not effect, it seems that the shot.

Well yesterday I measured at 22.30 because I was going to have dinner but I was 336, so I put 7 units of fast but I did not quite because I wanted to see how the quick effect was effect, well at half an hour I measured myself and I had 300 that is to say practicallyI hadn't lowered anything.I set 4 units more fast and continued without eating anything, here thrown on the couch, because at the hour and a half I measured again and I had 260, I put another 4 units of fast insulin and had dinner.Ultimately it seems that fast insulin does not lower my glucose.

Broken the puncture areas, I use the needle once, I have changed bolis of both Lantus and Novorapid and the same thing happens to me.

What can be due?I am a little downturn because I am many days very high and no matter how much I do not get it practically anything.I have lost about 4 kilos in 10 days but the doctor says it is for acetone.

What I do?.

Thank you very much for your help.

Hello.I am equal to my mother the day before yesterday.He has been diabetic doctors for 55 years, but no one had told him.

The diabetic patient has to be perfectly hydrated to work insulin.When there is no cause for glucose to rise, make sure you have drunk a lot of water.
I saw it with my own eyes, with 20 units of rapid the blood glucose did not fall from 400. After 1 liter of water (oral) and 3 serum bags (endovenoso) the same insulin that did not work, it was injected and worked.My mother drank 500 ml of water per day.It lived dehydrated.Now drink at least 2 liters.No one had told him.

Hydrate and try if your insulin works the same or different.

DaianaShawn's profile photo
DaianaShawn
07/08/2019 11:18 p.m.

Hello guys, well to give my little contribution and testimony, I tell you that diabetes is the "love" you do not know, nobody knows how it will react today or tomorrow, there are too many factors, the body does not know how much fat the liver will processOf the reserves to produce glucose that day, that is, the increases that we see without apparent reason (that is, without having eaten anything) is probably due to the daily contribution of glucose by the body from the reserve fat, this makes itIt is practically impossible to control glycemia, if you add this to whether I do regularly or not, worse or you can give you a tremendous low or you have fired it but almost never in a "no harmful" range "100-240 in which they are or produceSweats or ketones in excess.
But we are in an era in which we have many tools from which I try to get the maximum benefit, like all here: we all test error, however I tell you for sure that everything is an albur.customly I use inhibitors of the type 2 sodium-glucose cotransporter (SGLT2) JARDANCE OThis is triggered above 300, which is not the answer because I need fast insulin because the Lantus does nothing or at least not low or almost anything my measurements, metformin stops taking a long time ago for the effect on digestion.I tell you that personally I do not deprive me of any taste, as of everything and sometimes overmedy, I have determined that it is not worth it because since it is the deficiency of a hormone, what you do will always present glycemia, so I prefer to compensate for that deficiency,The idea is not to wait for blood glucose to shoot.Hydration is basic because dry skin is the cause of wounds and infections and others are telling them you already know that diabetes "dry" literally.
We are tragons is the truth we like to eat well and rich, otherwise we would not have this problem, but I think ... what life would it be if we killed each other ????In addition, the body needs to work, that is, it needs to accumulate energy and administer it that is part of the normal functioning.Diabetics only help the body to work in the best way we can.finally???We are all going to turn the corner, many diabetics will live more than other people who are not and die for other ailments.I say the idea is to carry this the best that can be lost quality of life.

Paul Arenass's profile photo
Paul Arenass
10/16/2019 12:27 p.m.

yaizaj said:
paqui said:
hello how are you?

After introducing myself in the appropriate place I spend my case that brings me on the head lately.

I am 39 years old, 2 and a half ago I debuted.I have type 1 diabetes and my treatment is Lantus (28 units) at 22.00 h.and Novorapid: the variable units.

2 weeks ago I have spent an important cold and the glucose got a lot of uncontrolled, they sent me antibiotic and it seems that it also remained uncontrolled.The fact is that I no longer take treatment for the cold and I am relatively well, I only have a bit of dry cough.Well, I can't get the glucose, it seems that I have paid to number 300, because I always have around that figure.Yesterday I did a small experiment and sometimes I think that insulin does not effect, it seems that the shot.

Well yesterday I measured at 22.30 because I was going to have dinner but I was 336, so I put 7 units of fast but I did not quite because I wanted to see how the quick effect was effect, well at half an hour I measured myself and I had 300 that is to say practicallyI hadn't lowered anything.I set 4 units more fast and continued without eating anything, here thrown on the couch, because at the hour and a half I measured again and I had 260, I put another 4 units of fast insulin and had dinner.Ultimately it seems that fast insulin does not lower my glucose.

Broken the puncture areas, I use the needle once, I have changed bolis of both Lantus and Novorapid and the same thing happens to me.

What can be due?I am a little downturn because I am many days very high and no matter how much I do not get it practically anything.I have lost about 4 kilos in 10 days but the doctor says it is for acetone.

What I do?.

Thank you very much for your help.

With any type of infection, or if they put cortisone insulin does not work like when you are well at all, they are side effects

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/19/2019 8:32 p.m.

Well, I don't drink almost water and I don't have those effects.
In my personal experience, insulin "fails" for a hormonal theme that coincides with menstrual cycles.
When he drank a lot of water, the glucose was the same and the effect of insulin was not altered.
Each person is a world and there are no accurate explanations by any doctor.Everything is hypotheses and experiments with the sick.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/23/2019 8:01 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I am baffled.Everything was going well, good controls but since Sunday it is a real disaster.I am not able to lower the blood glucose of 200, nor does it usually rise to me from 250, but I do not stop getting bolus every 2 hours to lower the levels and as if it will inject water.It is that nothing lowers me at all.From ketonic bodies I don't do either, which I am glad but I miss me.What can be due?

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
03/03/2020 1:24 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

@Dalu
I quickly occur to me three options: i) you are developing some infection (flu type) or (if you don't notice anything weird in your body);ii) insulin has been defective or broken;iii) The pump does not inject what it says / should, some obstruction.

Make blood checks (the sensor can give you errors sometimes)

all the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/03/2020 2:23 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

The bomb is my son who uses it, he has been with diabetes for 3 years, I use feathers and detected it 4 months ago and also type 1. What is defective the insulin also discarded because I have changed them in case I came from there theI fail and the incubar I do not know, I find myself well and it is already 3 days that I have been shooting glucose.

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
03/03/2020 5:19 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

And I imagine I imagine it well (with two units) and it works for you.

Well, I have been really the truth!

But if it continues the thing you will have to go quickly to the endocrine

You will tell us

jldiazdel
03/03/2020 5:27 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@Dalu, you may need to increase, 1 or 2 units, slow insulin.
In addition, corrective bowling every 2 hours, I think it is quite risky (taking into account that you started four months ago, although I understand the anxiety that causes high blood glucose for a long time);better three hours and contemplating active insulin.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
03/03/2020 5:47 p.m.

You will not have released the ball before a new package.It sounds to me that someone commented recently, the entire bowling box came out bad.

Increasing slow is another good option but I don't understand that the fast does not adjust to 2 h.

jldiazdel
03/03/2020 5:52 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Yes, he purged him.I explain the day I have.
I lie in 242 (3 units) post 254
I get another 3 and wake up in 242
I put 4 and at 2 hours 216
I put 7 and as 3 rations the post 174
I put another 7 to eat 5 rations and post 265.

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
03/03/2020 5:53 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.