{'en': 'Insulin seems not to act', 'es': 'La insulina parece que no actua'} Image

Insulin seems not to act

Paqui's profile photo   05/06/2012 3:33 p.m.

And how much do you put on basal?

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/03/2020 7:30 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
03/03/2020 7:43 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

Not bad

Well, you can't spend much time with such high values

I think that going to the endocrine is a good option

All the best !

jldiazdel
03/03/2020 7:49 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I just got out of the endocrine, which I have dislodged, that is not explained, next week see me again with a complete analytics included thyroid and celiaquia.Yesterday I had an average glucose of 240, taking 13 portions and putting 41ud.Fast apart from the slow one, which yesterday uploaded to 24.

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
03/04/2020 10:04 a.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

What a barbaro!

Hopefully I find the origin and everything is fixed soon

cheer up

jldiazdel
03/04/2020 1:49 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Keep up the slow

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/04/2020 9:16 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

dalu said:
I just left the endocrine, which I have dislodged, that does not explain it, next week see me again with a complete analytics included thyroid and Celiaquia.Yesterday I had an average glucose of 240, taking 13 portions and putting 41ud.fast apart from the slow one, which yesterday I upload it to 24.

Well, perhaps the thyroid is what causes you that lack of control.
41 unid fast is brutal !!
Let's see if they make you the analytics soon and they tell you something clear.

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
03/05/2020 9:30 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have it tomorrow and next Wednesday they will tell me something.Celiaquia because it could produce that lack of control?The thyroid would understand it but Celiaquia no.
Anyway, we will wait for Wednesday and I hope nothing weird comes out

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
03/05/2020 9:54 p.m.

Anyway, today I have started to go better, I still need much more insulin than 1 week ago but today I have 28 slowly, 23 rapid and 14 portions of hydrates with an average sensor of 162 (in capillary I usually have between 10 and20 less than sensor), a lot of insulin but better levels.Nothing to do with 2 days ago.

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
03/05/2020 10:07 p.m.

paqui said:
Hello, how are you?

After introducing myself in the appropriate place I spend my case that brings me on the head lately.

I am 39 years old, 2 and a half ago I debuted.I have type 1 diabetes and my treatment is Lantus (28 units) at 22.00 h.and Novorapid: the variable units.

2 weeks ago I have spent an important cold and the glucose got a lot of uncontrolled, they sent me antibiotic and it seems that it also remained uncontrolled.The fact is that I no longer take treatment for the cold and I am relatively well, I only have a bit of dry cough.Well, I can't get the glucose, it seems that I have paid to number 300, because I always have around that figure.Yesterday I did a small experiment and sometimes I think that insulin does not effect, it seems that the shot.

Well yesterday I measured at 22.30 because I was going to have dinner but I was 336, so I put 7 units of fast but I did not quite because I wanted to see how the quick effect was effect, well at half an hour I measured myself and I had 300 that is to say practicallyI hadn't lowered anything.I set 4 units more fast and continued without eating anything, here thrown on the couch, because at the hour and a half I measured again and I had 260, I put another 4 units of fast insulin and had dinner.Ultimately it seems that fast insulin does not lower my glucose.

Broken the puncture areas, I use the needle once, I have changed bolis of both Lantus and Novorapid and the same thing happens to me.

What can be due?I am a little downturn because I am many days very high and no matter how much I do not get it practically anything.I have lost about 4 kilos in 10 days but the doctor says it is for acetone.

What I do?.

Thank you very much for your help.

Hello everyone, I have several years with type 1 diabetes (as 25) without complications fortunately so far ... I have 2 years using the Dexcom sensors and I can tell you the operation of the insulins that more or less for everyone will be similar ...I tell you, I hope it serves them;

The novorapid or the like, the fast ones, even though the synthetic are muo faster than human recombinants, the analogs are stronger, we go if you have already reached 300 I would put to lower at normal levels 13 points!Together, it turns out that if you put one 5 and then 6 and then 2 to give an example for some reason they do not make the same effect as to put together!And then with great attention to the following 4 hours, in 4 hours already low, and in the last half hour they cause a sharp descent then care and attention to that last half an hour because they are many points!Now I weight 80 kilos, there calculate you with your weight, and I am not fat I have measured 1.75 good if you fill up but the important thing is that you calculate to your weight maybe 13 points for someone 60 kilos are too many!

Always attention to those four hours and the last half hour ... always put together when they want to get off the 300 or 200 or there ...

It is a very powerful insulin, I even with the sensor if it goes up and already reaches 120 130 also depends on what I have ingested because normally 1 point controls me and lowers me to 120, out of hours of food because, always in foodI put between 10 and 13 points, and with that it is controlled ...

In the nights intermediate use or n more or less 14 points

In the mornings and meals I also like 70/30 because as the fast hard very little, with this other plannings and very stable moments of straight lines are achieved and that is what one wants, HB1C 6.5 % almost always but bythere...

Before wearing the sensors they had already begun to hurt my feet!some horrible pain !!!ThisSlow for good that you take care of yourself !!!Fortunately, the cure is less than one decade through the technology and genetics, they get sensors and use them they will learn a lot about how insulin and its trends work ...

He has only 6 months of the sensor my feet stopped hurting me, as if nothing now, I mean that if the body is regenerated and it is not just to follow the course that marks the disease of falling apart!

What's more ...

Paqui !!!I have been very high of glucose, everything uploads it, but what the tortillas upload the most types of carbohydrates do not eat that and less at night!zero juices !!!They cannot be controlled !!!In my view, what is a green juice if I have to put a lot of insulin for controlling it and takes several hours ???Not worth it ...

Very light breakfast little fruit normal food zero zero tortillas, and not ceno or ceno collations of several things from 6 to 9 in very small portions ...

luck ....

The fight is with one and not ending blind and dismembered, remember that ... and win!No one believes me that I am sick when Jojojo see me that is winning!

Uta I had about 15 commas in these 25 years ... what teachings of this life ...

P.S.Haaa something else, I have noticed this after Christmas dinners and things so swallow one of more ...

The next day as much as one control that day, the next day as the body keeps or takes to process and digest etc ... and you say it is another day not ??I have not eaten anything today?well no...
Take your banana chango and enjoy its 300 or more!

Everything that one is also affecting the literal tomorrow ... Tonz if you are very high today that you ate 10 minutes ago or 24 hours ago?

hahaha

Wassss's profile photo
Wassss
03/08/2020 9:06 p.m.

paqui said:
Hello, how are you?

After introducing myself in the appropriate place I spend my case that brings me on the head lately.

I am 39 years old, 2 and a half ago I debuted.I have type 1 diabetes and my treatment is Lantus (28 units) at 22.00 h.and Novorapid: the variable units.

2 weeks ago I have spent an important cold and the glucose got a lot of uncontrolled, they sent me antibiotic and it seems that it also remained uncontrolled.The fact is that I no longer take treatment for the cold and I am relatively well, I only have a bit of dry cough.Well, I can't get the glucose, it seems that I have paid to number 300, because I always have around that figure.Yesterday I did a small experiment and sometimes I think that insulin does not effect, it seems that the shot.

Well yesterday I measured at 22.30 because I was going to have dinner but I was 336, so I put 7 units of fast but I did not quite because I wanted to see how the quick effect was effect, well at half an hour I measured myself and I had 300 that is to say practicallyI hadn't lowered anything.I set 4 units more fast and continued without eating anything, here thrown on the couch, because at the hour and a half I measured again and I had 260, I put another 4 units of fast insulin and had dinner.Ultimately it seems that fast insulin does not lower my glucose.

Broken the puncture areas, I use the needle once, I have changed bolis of both Lantus and Novorapid and the same thing happens to me.

What can be due?I am a little downturn because I am many days very high and no matter how much I do not get it practically anything.I have lost about 4 kilos in 10 days but the doctor says it is for acetone.

What I do?.

Do not be distressed, this happens, especially when you have a cold and cold, not every day you have the same insulin resistance, increase the fast dose as you have done and dinner light meals, but also be careful to prick several times, byThe issue of overlaps.By the way, when you recover, start an aerobic exercise of medium intensity about 40 minutes.GREETINGS

chamus1978's profile photo
chamus1978
05/30/2020 12:37 p.m.

I would recommend you to start not exercise if you bring your sugar up 250 or more, you say sometimes you bring your sugar to 330 or something and go to exercise and return with 300, in my case I get the sugar more if I exerciseWith those numbers, and they also recommend not exercising if you bring it high because it can affect you by dehydrating you, drink a lot of water to help and do not have ketoacidosis or protein in the urine

Ismar's profile photo
Ismar
06/25/2020 5:45 a.m.

I believe that there are times that only need to increase the dose of insulin that if it does not reach with the fast one, it must be helped by increasing the basal, I only do it and it results, the factors can be infection or cough, also the resistance toInsulin or rest, it happens to me all the time and use a lot of insulin sometimes 20 a.

Emi1990's profile photo
Emi1990
06/26/2020 6:25 a.m.

Alejandro1963 said:
practically paqui a week ago the same thing happens to me !!But the same, I went for a walk with 320 mq/dl the first day 3 km and not under anything today 7 km because a tea cut with milk and three slices of bread rose to 320, walk 7km !!and return with 300 !!If I stay at the same rest.And yes, the high levels harm like the very low, I saw my grandfather die to my uncle and my father who took care of he losing his sight, now.I am not tremendous, I lived the Malvinas War of a very young man and I am prepared to continue or move on to the other plane, that is the discomfort I fuck me a lot but it does not cause me to fear the luck I can run !!Because it is not something apparent that I can control, so it is what it should be.I hope you find the solution.P.S;The doctor told me that it was due to lack of hydration, I take almost two liters a day of water and nothing ... the same

Are you from Argentina ??I am from Luján Bs As.I believe that a glycemia of 300 do not lower it with walking only and less at the time of finishing the walk .... much less will go down with water .... greetings

Emi1990's profile photo
Emi1990
06/26/2020 6:30 a.m.

regina said:
that you see a good endocrine and put the proper treatment.
Insulin must be used to avoid glucose increases, which are the ones that do a lot of damage.

If I think the same changes as a doctor will tell you that insulin is not good if you have 300

Emi1990's profile photo
Emi1990
06/26/2020 6:34 a.m.

Louizak said:
The same thing happens to me, but with metformin, I wake up to 160, I take it with breakfast, and at two hours 340 ... it is not for what there areeaten because it becomes anything .. Yesterday even having taken it I was 400 bone I do not understand what I do badly because I take care of my diet to the maximum ..
>

Nesecitas more metformin or treatment because it is not reaching with this dose

Emi1990's profile photo
Emi1990
06/26/2020 6:37 a.m.

cleo said:
hello good night I am in a similar situation or the feeling that insulin does not effect, today I have been on the endocrine, I have measured the glycosylated hemoglobin in nursing beforeGoing to consult with a new apparatus that gives the result in 5 minutes less than a month ago the nephrolga did me analysis and I had glycosylated 8 and today I find that I have that I have 10.5 Imagine I prevaIf that could be with a time of difference because the sugar I have days but not so high as for that rush.I feel fatal the moral for the soils I prefer that I get a heart attack and stay in the site before being blind or have more complications than I already have.It gives me a lot of anger because I am a person who looked with magnifying glass as and you will not look at the DSD sugar, then a little one day and still it is no use, I am on the verge of throwing the towel I have it very clear or insulin, or diet or diet, nor exercise, this is clear is a penance.Without any solution.

You are totally wrong because if you do diet as you say then you lack more insulin, it is logical .... that glycemia low with insulin is pure truth is not a myth, if you adjust the doses well and you eat well you will not be blindnor anything like that

Emi1990's profile photo
Emi1990
06/26/2020 6:43 a.m.

Debra said:
my mother is 80 years old and has been with Lantus for a year, at night.It was controlled with 22 U per day, but now we are uploading up to 42, and tells us the doctor that we can upload more, although it continues to get up with 180 mg in the morning.It happens to someone?It is also quick before meals.Would you keep uploading more as it tells me?

If it happens ... but if you get up with 180 wait a few days to continue increasing insulin

Emi1990's profile photo
Emi1990
06/26/2020 6:59 a.m.

yaizaj said:
paqui said:
hello how are you?

What I do?.

Hi Paqui, n

nuria_NBA's profile photo
nuria_NBA
07/08/2020 1:32 p.m.

Hello, here a new one more.Greetings to everyone.

I was diagnosed with type II diabetes when I was 43 years old, now 17, following a colon intervention.Since then I medical with Eukreas (1 0 1) and Lantus, which I had to increase over time.I currently put 52 units.at night.My height/weight ratio ratio in BMI is 27, which brushes the light overweight, but nothing worrying;The typical "lorzas" of happiness.

I have always been to have some basal hyperglycemia.It was difficult for me to lose 130-140 before breakfast, which became 100-120 before the food, 160-170 two hours after eating, and so on;All within the acceptable.However, I have been a good season that in the morning of 160-190, although it is true that later it is almost always reduced to 130-150, in the middle of the morning.

Anyway, as the experience tells me that I am not careful of medical opinions in general (except for vital emergency situations), I dare to ask here in this forum if you see advisable to ask the head doctor to give me additional fast insulin forDownload these situations.Or that, or increase lantus more (perhaps 60 or 65 units.), But it already seems to me a very high figure that I do not know if it would be.It occurs to me that you better use fast insulin to solve specific peaks instead of more lantus.I have doubts.

I know that possibly the guilt of everything is the stress that pursues me as a dog, but I find it very difficult to avoid it because my profession, my environment and my context are quite stressful.

Greetings, and sorry for the billet.

Twitter's profile photo
Twitter
06/16/2021 1:27 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.