{'en': 'Insulin seems not to act', 'es': 'La insulina parece que no actua'} Image

Insulin seems not to act

Paqui's profile photo   05/06/2012 3:33 p.m.

@Dalu, I think you need more insulin, it may also be faster.It begins by increasing slow until it wakes up well and then, if necessary, the rapid is increased ,.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/02/2018 12:13 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Have you uploaded the slow?What value does it get?Do you start to take effect first the food that insulin, you tried to apply and wait?You are doing it for 5 minutes until you find what is doing well to your child ... It happens to me with some meals I must apply before and wait and others like the pizza I do Alreves, first eat and then apply.Something must find Dalu

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
04/02/2018 5:13 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

It seems that something more stable except the food, it is something that I do not understand, previously it rarely reached 300 and yet now, the food comes and begins to shoot in an exaggerated way up to 300 or more.Today we have expected more than half an hour between insulin and food and we are increasing dose of insulin.

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
04/03/2018 7:04 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

You will also need to increase the rapids.
In children it looks immediately when insulin must be increased.Yes there are two high days, you have to go up dose. Little by little.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/03/2018 7:09 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

@"Dalu" could you communicate with your endocrine?If you already changed all the insulins, you wait to eat, increase slow and fast ... what else?What faster?Will it be ill?Sometimes a few days before they develop infection are very high, without apparent reason.
I imagine the concern!Keep ketones with these values, right?

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
04/04/2018 5:28 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

The slow increased one day and small nocher of hypos, so I went back as it was.We are already referring to better, the time of food still escapes us a little but not as much as before and we have already increased a foolish for food.We have gone from 3 insulin doses to 5. Breakfast and dinner have returned to the guidelines before.

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
04/04/2018 7:30 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

Hello, welcome to files X, although they are quite common.
You already know that any infection, disease, etc., the levels rise a lot and you have to compensate quickly, even after detecting it.It is also true that, with high levels "300", etc., it costs more to lower them, especially if something is eaten, I prefer to wait for me to go down and "I will eat".It also happens to me that it seems that insulin does not effect, well, because of my experience and some medical reflection, it is attributed to hormonal effects in the body (occasional) and unplanned, hence the "file x".Solution: To administer quickly, checking levels every 2 hours and nothing, to wait.Another very common file in me, is that when I get up with a level of 100 (for example), without taking anything at all, when I start moving, after an hour I am in 250. This happens to me half of the timewhen lifting, having to apply the aforementioned;In fine, I take it with philosophy.

JVH's profile photo
JVH
05/27/2018 11:20 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

A vece

jvh said:
hello, welcome to files x, although they are quite common.
You already know that any infection, disease, etc., the levels rise a lot and you have to compensate quickly, even after detecting it.It is also true that, with high levels "300", etc., it costs more to lower them, especially if something is eaten, I prefer to wait for me to go down and "I will eat".It also happens to me that it seems that insulin does not effect, well, because of my experience and some medical reflection, it is attributed to hormonal effects in the body (occasional) and unplanned, hence the "file x".Solution: To administer quickly, checking levels every 2 hours and nothing, to wait.Another very common file in me, is that when I get up with a level of 100 (for example), without taking anything at all, when I start moving, after an hour I am in 250. This happens to me half of the timewhen lifting, having to apply the aforementioned;In fine, I take it with philosophy.
Sometimes I have also had to change pen and worked, although not always.

JVH's profile photo
JVH
05/27/2018 11:22 a.m.

good morning,

I had been taking two prandin and an invocana pill for a long time.My values ​​ranged between 130 and 160 on an empty stomach.I ate sometimes what I didn't play.

For almost two months, I am clicking once a week and a pill, aprintipio punctured me 0.75 and took a prandin pill but now skewed me 1.50 and an invocana pill.

Since I click insulin, my values ​​range between 140 and 260.

My diet is:

Breakfast: A natural yogurt with Estevia and a kiwi
Lunch: Two slices of rye bread with nuts, with fresh skim cheese and turkey ham
Food: lettuce or cucumber with roasted chicken breast
Snack: an apple
Dinner: steamed fish and vegetables

I don't know what to do my levels.I have the feeling that since I shed I go worse.Could it be that the pills do better?

Thanks for your answer.

michelle's profile photo
michelle
06/07/2018 11:38 a.m.

@"Michelle" Do you put insulin once a week ???:-EITHER

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
06/07/2018 1:36 p.m.

It is clear that with insulin once a week and suppressing the dose of pills you have lowered the stimulation of your pancreas.
The day you click the insulin safe, you have lower values, normal insulin lasts for a hour, then end.
Go to your endo and explain that the new treatment does not work for you.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/07/2018 1:39 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello, I have finally told me that I am resistant to insulin, it was getting more insulin more and more and could not be fine.So now, in addition to insulin, the same rapid amount, and increasing 2 units of toujeo every 24 h.And a metformin after each meal I have improved a lot.But the files x I still have them every day in the morning, that is: when I wake up I look at how I am, now with the metformin I get up much better, there are days that I have the right value, as I absolutely breakfast, I do not manage insulin insulin, and at eating when I look again, I'm about 200. Why?No idea.

When I get up a little high, I put insulin, little, because not breakfast, it depends on the value I have, I try to prick to go down to 100-120, because at eating I am already high again.If I walk a while, an hour or so, always in the morning, instead of going down, I go up.As if I stay stretched by reading on the couch.Because?No idea either.

Since I took the metformin I have had two hypos, always at night, that they did not recover or with Coca cola + water with sugar + jellys + chocolate cookies + bread ... I no longer knew what to drink or eat, and twiceI have had to administer glucage, that by the way, it hurts what is not written.

Now I punctuate 44 of Toujeo every 24h.And of Novorapid, in the morning, between 0 and 4 units, it depends on how I get up, and to eat and dinner, between 13 and 20 units, usually between 15 and 17. and the metformines.

And that's how I go ...

Greetings to everyone.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
06/17/2018 5:23 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

I was a little desperate with my daughter.For the day quite well, but at night crazy.I suppose growth, cold, hormones, etc.They conspire but it is a blind roller coaster.At night we no longer knew how to react.Sometimes I had a sensitivity of 50 and sometimes reacted as if it were water.Sometimes we do not arrive and sometimes we fell short.And we are without sleep.
I have the theory (quite validated already) that in its case the insulin makes a lot of effect if it is immediately combined with exercise, but almost nothing if it is sleeping.That is why it is high before bedtime, apart from puncturing it, you get off and climb the stairs or do the pine for a while and that seems to stop the climbs.
Another strategy that is working relatively well is to minimize hydrates at dinner and increase them in other meals, when insulin works more predictably.
I share it in case someone gives clues.
However, there are days that has exercised a lot and that can take an effect now and the opposite within a few hours.It is clear that this is not mathematics.

siulgonzalez's profile photo
siulgonzalez
06/19/2018 8:45 p.m.

If he exercises a long time, they can give hypos at night.
What insulin do you use?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/20/2018 1:44 a.m.

Hormones change things a lot.If you already have the rule, try to fix you if the increases those inexplicable coincide the days before the rule (as a week before) and the days of ovulation (4 or 5 days around the day of ovulation).For example, I need to upload the basal and something quickly.
The exercise with the rapid active makes it down, be careful with hypoglycemia.Exercise also causes later hours to have more insulin sensitivity.
This as everything depends a lot on the person so you will have to observe in their case that happens and make adjustments carefully.If you are not clear, point everything and consult the endocrine to give you a guideline.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
06/20/2018 7:58 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@"Emily" is a great advance.You are controlled although with files x.Try to analyze whether there is guidelines: stress, menstruation, etc.Those days usually happen that we have to climb the basal.
In summer with heat we need less insulin.It is going very well to give us some caprichin.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/21/2018 6:55 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thanks @ruthbia

Emily's profile photo
Emily
06/21/2018 7:29 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

regina said:
Yes exercise, they can give hypos at night.
What insulin do you use?

Novorapid and Levemir

Thank you all for your comments!

siulgonzalez's profile photo
siulgonzalez
06/26/2018 11:14 p.m.

@Siulgonzález, if it is high after eating, up the rapid one or a half unit, but it is not necessary to climb stairs or do the pine, which after eating is not good.It is better to adjust the fast and let it rest.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/26/2018 11:57 p.m.

I understand you, just today I am worried because 3 days ago I forgot to put the dose to my mother (I almost fell from the bridge), I have tried to control her but nothing, I put insulin and it seems that she is going like water.We suspect an infection, because it hit and has a slightly swollen and reddened

He has walked between 200 and 250, when I always bring it dawn at 80 and before dinner at 140. My mom is 76 years old, twenty years with diabetes and is not accustomed to high levels, immediately resent hyperglycemia.

Ange's profile photo
Ange
08/11/2018 4:53 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.