{'en': 'Insulin seems not to act', 'es': 'La insulina parece que no actua'} Image

Insulin seems not to act

Paqui's profile photo   05/06/2012 3:33 p.m.

Solved problem, it seems that the problem was in the insulin that was defective, we have changed it and is again at its normal levels.What relief

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
10/21/2017 10:15 a.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

: (((, I speak before I shit it, it has risen again between hours, I was already going for 250. I will go up dose

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
10/21/2017 1:02 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

@"Dalu" My question is and how do you know that insulin is defective ...?:-?

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/21/2017 1:48 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

On Sunday we changed the Levemir ball and since that day, between hours they hit him, yesterday we changed it again in case it was the problem of insulin and it was great, but this morning he has once again had a large climb 3 hours laterof breakfast

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
10/21/2017 2:07 p.m.

Upload what you need

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/21/2017 9:10 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I will go up, what happens is that I see that it needs a lot of insulin for how small it is.Eat 12 HC rations a day and insulin right now has slow 3 in the morning and 2 at night and fast 3 - 2.5 and 2. Is that not much insulin for 2 years and 12kg?

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
10/21/2017 10 p.m.

No, he will need more and more, while they grow is when they need more about weight.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/22/2017 12:49 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

It has happened to me through my nerves, because they have once put me corticosteroids, some meals, but the solution in this is habituate the body to burn sugar, playing daily sports, but it has to be making a little effort, it is solvedSince it goes down sugar levels and even if you take insuffusions from Estevia daily at 15 days you get the levels significantly and you even have to inject less amount in 24 hours

paqui said:
Hello, how are you?

After introducing myself in the appropriate place I spend my case that brings me on the head lately.

I am 39 years old, 2 and a half ago I debuted.I have type 1 diabetes and my treatment is Lantus (28 units) at 22.00 h.and Novorapid: the variable units.

2 weeks ago I have spent an important cold and the glucose got a lot of uncontrolled, they sent me antibiotic and it seems that it also remained uncontrolled.The fact is that I no longer take treatment for the cold and I am relatively well, I only have a bit of dry cough.Well, I can't get the glucose, it seems that I have paid to number 300, because I always have around that figure.Yesterday I did a small experiment and sometimes I think that insulin does not effect, it seems that the shot.

Well yesterday I measured at 22.30 because I was going to have dinner but I was 336, so I put 7 units of fast but I did not quite because I wanted to see how the quick effect was effect, well at half an hour I measured myself and I had 300 that is to say practicallyI hadn't lowered anything.I set 4 units more fast and continued without eating anything, here thrown on the couch, because at the hour and a half I measured again and I had 260, I put another 4 units of fast insulin and had dinner.Ultimately it seems that fast insulin does not lower my glucose.

Broken the puncture areas, I use the needle once, I have changed bolis of both Lantus and Novorapid and the same thing happens to me.

What can be due?I am a little downturn because I am many days very high and no matter how much I do not get it practically anything.I have lost about 4 kilos in 10 days but the doctor says it is for acetone.

What I do?.

Thank you very much for your help.

Joaquijr Lop's profile photo
Joaquijr Lop
10/22/2017 11:48 a.m.

Hello, I have learned that when there is a cold disease, insulin requirements must be raised to more than half of what is used and have a constant check to correct during meals.
It is important to prevent first with influenza vaccine year after year, have good levels since diabetes low defenses in the row.Intensify constant hand washing
The rest is quite important if you fell sick, then to rest to shorten the flu box if the days of the flu and your glucose will not be high.

a hug

9406 's profile photo
12/15/2017 10:26 p.m.

My mother is 80 years old and is with Lantus for a year, at night.It was controlled with 22 U per day, but now we are uploading up to 42, and tells us the doctor that we can upload more, although it continues to get up with 180 mg in the morning.It happens to someone?It is also quick before meals.Would you keep uploading more as it tells me?

debra's profile photo
debra
02/01/2018 7:44 p.m.

Joaquijr Lop said:
It has gone through my nerves, ...

The same thing happened to me with a flu, glycemia higher than 300 and difficult to go down with more novorapid dose.
If it seems that Stevia leaf infusions help.
So have explained doctors, what happens is that the cold produces stress and there is a cortisol hormone segregation response, adrenaline, or catecholamines ????that make glycemia up.

Ton 's profile photo
Ton
03/12/2018 11:27 p.m.

paqui said:
Hello, how are you?

After introducing myself in the appropriate place I spend my case that brings me on the head lately.

I am 39 years old, 2 and a half ago I debuted.I have type 1 diabetes and my treatment is Lantus (28 units) at 22.00 h.and Novorapid: the variable units.

2 weeks ago I have spent an important cold and the glucose got a lot of uncontrolled, they sent me antibiotic and it seems that it also remained uncontrolled.The fact is that I no longer take treatment for the cold and I am relatively well, I only have a bit of dry cough.Well, I can't get the glucose, it seems that I have paid to number 300, because I always have around that figure.Yesterday I did a small experiment and sometimes I think that insulin does not effect, it seems that the shot.

Well yesterday I measured at 22.30 because I was going to have dinner but I was 336, so I put 7 units of fast but I did not quite because I wanted to see how the quick effect was effect, well at half an hour I measured myself and I had 300 that is to say practicallyI hadn't lowered anything.I set 4 units more fast and continued without eating anything, here thrown on the couch, because at the hour and a half I measured again and I had 260, I put another 4 units of fast insulin and had dinner.Ultimately it seems that fast insulin does not lower my glucose.

Broken the puncture areas, I use the needle once, I have changed bolis of both Lantus and Novorapid and the same thing happens to me.

What can be due?I am a little downturn because I am many days very high and no matter how much I do not get it practically anything.I have lost about 4 kilos in 10 days but the doctor says it is for acetone.

What I do?.

Thank you very much for your help.

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
03/18/2018 11:48 a.m.

Hello.
It seems as if insulin did not take effect.What I would do would be to look if it comes to you, check that the pen works well, that is, if insulin falls and if the road is not broken.It is not normal that at the hour and a half correcting it does not get off, change the needle and the road.Tb has happened to me on occasion.The last the vial was cracked.
Greetings

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
03/18/2018 11:52 a.m.

My son is happening to my son.We have 5 very high days.Today, for example, we have given water with sugar through a bass and has begun to climb, 207 at the time of the food, I put 3ud with the intention of eating 3.5 portions?Well, at the time he had 276, at 2 o'clock 202 and the freestyle told Empicada, I started feeding him and before he reached the ration his food changed for free because he went up again.I don't understand anything.Before last night he spent 300 hours because he did not go down not rectifying.Change the vials in case it was their failure and has given the same.We continue as if your body NL admitted insulin.What despair

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
03/31/2018 4:23 p.m.

@Dalu, if you start being high two days in a row, it is usually that you need more insulin.If he wakes up high, he needs to go up the slow.On average on average, if it is very small.Children go up the dose as they grow.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/31/2018 6:30 p.m.

@"Dalu" When do you say those values ​​and the freestyle checks it with capillary?

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
04/01/2018 3:31 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Yeah.Those values ​​that I have put is in capillary.Because I saw it so weird that I didn't trust freestyle

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
04/01/2018 10:40 a.m.

Today is your child the same?Did you increase basal?Did you change all the insulins?Needles ... I say to rule out

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
04/01/2018 11:58 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

It is still high, not so exaggerated but for which we are used quite high, if we change the insulinEffect for breakfast and dinner (although it is still higher) but in the food it is when insulin takes a crawl to take effect and yesterday for example we had to stop giving food when I had 2 rations and our thinking was to give it 4. I honestly have meThis totally offended.

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
04/02/2018 9:08 a.m.

moñiño said:
You may have to raise the dose.I started like this and we passed my endocrine and I from 28 to 32 that I use now on average.Anyway the body takes something to adapt.Now that I have been spent on the Tresiba, I will be with values ​​that I had not had years ago (of more than 300) but I only carry it testing, calculating dinners, meals units ...... patience.

I started two months ago or with the Tresiba and my endocrine and even other diabetics told me now you would have high glucose for a while but the truth that since the first day has gone great, between 90—170 so it is also according to yourbody.It is also true that before I had Lantus and put me 44 units and with Tresiba I had to modify 39. I have to say that I do not calculate meals or anything because more or less I know how much to eat.

Belensanchez's profile photo
Belensanchez
04/02/2018 10:17 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.