{'en': 'Discipline to control 100% diabetes', 'es': 'Disciplina para controlar la diabetes al 100%'} Image

Discipline to control 100% diabetes

DJA's profile photo   05/14/2012 9:27 p.m.

Hi, I'm new in the forum and I wanted to leave my experience written.I am DM1 for three years and in these three years I have learned to look at diabetes in front and with responsibility.I have studied myself and found a formula.

One method: (food+insulins+exercise) that personally works for me and that I apply daily.

I am a man, I measure 1.81 cm and weight 84 kilos my physical complexion is not athletic or thin.It is completely normal.I am simply a homo sapiens sapiens;A man who knows what he knows and that is my greatest advantage in front of diabetes.

I wanted to encourage everyone to work their own method.From Monday to Friday I follow the routine mass, I have never lowered in the 60 -year -old glucometer or overcome the 180s. That is to say in three years I have not suffered a hyper or a serious hypo.I have also not gained weight.

My method is as follows:
9h First measurement.I am always between 90-130.
9h 30 '.First meal (whole wheat bread with serrano ham, turkey, cheese, etc ...) always HC + protein + coffee with milk with sacrin + 4u of Humalog.
12h.Second measurement.I am always between 120-150.
13h.Second meal (yogurt with a tablespoon of ground oats).
14h.Third meal (a piece of fruit).
Between 13h and 15h is when slow insulin makes me more effect and that is why I include these two previous snacks in these hours.
15h.Third measurement.I am always between 110-130.
15h.Fourth food.Sell ​​a good plate of vegetables or salad + meat or fish + 3 medium slices of bread + 4u of humalog
17h.Fourth measurement.I am always between 100-140.
19h.Fifth food to train.A plàtano + a skimmed yogurt with 2 tablespoons of oat bran.
20h 30 '.Fifth measurement.I am always between 150-170.Half an hour of exercise.On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I will run 30 'about 5 km on Tuesdays and Thursdays I do 1H muscles exercises.
21h 30 '.Sixth measurement.After training I am always between 90-110
22h.Sixth food.Two egg whites in omelet + two slices of medium bread or chicken soup with starch noodles + blue fish + 4 u of humalog.
24h.I'm going to bed and I put insulin lantus 12 u.

This is my method.Three years without any complication.I have always had good values ​​in the glucometer.My last hemo: 6.5.According to the doctor: Perfect.

Diabetes is responsibility.On weekends I allow myself more than some extra, I am human.

I will be a father and I will direct my own company and the most important thing I am happy!

Thanks for your time.Know yourself.

DJA's profile photo
DJA
05/14/2012 9:27 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Incredible that "I have never lowered in the 60s glucometer or overcome the 180": Shock :: Shock :: Shock: And every day you eat and do the same sport?Jo that Stress, I am also of the theory than to take good control better discipline.Although now with current insulins there is more freedom, if you eat what you want, it is impossible to control the sugar, the sweets the less better and that crazy.But your planning is a bit excessive, right?Well, if you are happy, it's the important thing!

What gives me the feeling you follow on the honeymoon How old are you? ... very little insulin for everything you eat, but well, with sport and sometimes they go down the insulin needs a lot.Congratulations on that control

tica's profile photo
tica
05/15/2012 3:52 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Welcome to the forum !!!!
If that method works for you and does not stress you, great!..
Although it happens to me as to Tica, just having to be subject to Essa hourly and culinary routine stresses me alive ... God, when my daughter debuted one of my greatest anguish was having to submit to strict schedules.Limit both the intakes ....
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/15/2012 5:34 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hi Tica I had forgotten I am 31 years old and my debut was at 28. I was admitted to the hospital for a week for a sugar rise to 450 or so.Once stabilized my honeymoon began that more or less lasted six months in which I only had to put 12 U of Lantus at night.After this time I had to start getting fast insulin before meals since sugar values ​​after them began to rise.During the week I am very strict, I always follow the same routine.On weekends I make exceptions at times, I drink some copita of wine and liquors and as some portion of sweet in moderation if we do any dinner with friends or family.I even smoke some cigarette, but this is very badly done !!This helps me forget a little of the weekly routine for Monday to start again.Not to do it I find me badly.With the method I can have the values ​​as a person without diabetes that regulates their values ​​naturally always maintaining between 90-120.So the routine allows me to be as close to a non -diabetic and lead a life of the most normal and healthy.The benefits are much greater than the "sacrifice."In truth, as of everything ... the important thing is to remain constant in schedules, meals, insulin doses and exercise.One of the things that I think helps me a lot is oats.Three tablespoons more or less distributed in two yogurts.One in the morning at 1pm and another about 7h 30 'more or less.It is a very slow absorption HC as the slow insulin but in HC.The most important thing is daily exercise.It is the same what you like the most.You have to move and talk to your doctor from time to time and comment your progress.More than anything to learn a little ;-).
Greetings to all !!

DJA's profile photo
DJA
05/15/2012 5:50 a.m.

Congratulations.I'm glad you got a "method" with which to keep diabetes at bay.I think this system would not official with me, but we'll see.After almost 11 months I'm still on honeymoon.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/15/2012 7:02 a.m.

Hello Haribita!Congratulations!The longer the honeymoon better.Take care of everything you can.
All the best.

DJA's profile photo
DJA
05/15/2012 7:19 a.m.

Dja, you are putting little lantus so it is easy for your pancreas to still work and help maintain that stability that is not so easy to achieve when diabetes is total.I hope you always continue with such stable and predictable values, without hypos or hypers.
Welcome to the forum

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/15/2012 12:19 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I find it hard to believe ... As you can be so stable, it's impossible!I say it because when you are nervous or scared by something the sugar goes up, when you cold the levels are out of control no matter how much you know how much you put for a type of food if you are sick ... Forget, see the nearest church and pray!That can help you that the postprandial this & lt; 180.Then this that if the quantities, the temperature, because hot spaghetti rises more than some being cold, and let's not say if in the food you have been talking about the cuts and the thing is more heated than normal ... with thisI do not want to discourage anyone throughout the week it is normal to have it & lt; 180 but that 2 or 3 times in that week you have an & GT value; 180 is very feasible ....

If your method is going on a great cinema!But, and this is a personal opinion, a life with that level of demand and control becomes impossible and long, I am diabetic and I took my illness seriously, but I do not want to live locked up in my house eating always the same thing, of thesame way, in the same way and with the same people ..... I want to provide Thai food, China, visit Japan, work abroad investigating new treatments for this or other diseases;And the best thing is that with today's treatment that can be done, 20 years ago (it is an assume ..) there were no gluconometers (I do not imagine a life without it) and the rapid insulin began its effect after an hour (That he has that fast) and a diabetic could not lead today's lifestyle, he had to carry a very strict plan of both meals and exercise (although I am not sure if you could exercise in case it is corrected at risk of hiccups) and yet the results were worse than those now obtained by a diabetic with a much less strict lifestyle ...

After this paragraph, I just want to say that I could not carry that method in my life, and in part that is why I admire you, but I do not copy you ^^ .... take care and enjoy the life that diabetes does not take away, if notDá, half a better lifestyle, I learned to value little things (for a non -diabetic a magnum is an ice cream ... For me it is the fucking Nobel Prize!), I go to the gym every week, I identify more with the people with the peopleThat they suffer from some disease (chronicle), I am enraged the 'sugar' bags of the Mercadona because it reminds me of the bad mood that puts me when I am in a hyper, I differentiate the taste of the normal cocacola vs normal vs. (few humans get it, onlythe diabetics hehehe) and in general more mature and disciplined ...

ray-ban's profile photo
ray-ban
05/15/2012 12:31 p.m.

Regina I put 12 units of Lantus and now with the bomb my basal is 11.60 and after almost 12 years with diabetes I do not think to be on a honeymoon;), we all know that insulin requirements are very personal and they dependOf a thousand things, food, physical exercise etc ..... with the life so disciplined that DJA carries it seems normal to need a little insulin.
I am a disciplined person, quite methodical and yet I would be unable to make life exactly equally from Monday to Friday ... ufff .... eat the same ...: mrgreen: .... no, impossible, I would come backCrazy :)) :)), I admire you and if you are happy then great .....: D

DiabetesForo
05/15/2012 12:43 p.m.

Hi Regina, it's true I wear little lantus.I don't need more!And I think you are right in what my pancreas still works a bit.I want to believe that and all this effort is for that.Little by little, my goal is to reduce Humalog units and stay 4-3-3 if I have good values ​​in the glucometer I will consult with my doctor to lower the Lantus.I do not believe that the solution is to administer the organism + insulin in exchange for an not adequate food and little exercise.I have never believed that.By the way, Ray-Ban I also like Thai food, China, Japanese ... the croquettes and the potato omelette of my mother fuck me ... on weekends I make exceptions of course.Do not think I'm a robot, much less.I am strict and I will better.I think it's the most logical.For example;I think that if a myopic that has 3 diopters you put 3.5 in the entrance will end up having 3.5 in a short time and if you put 4 it will end up having 4 in the long run.I think that exactly the same thing happens with insulin.Do not stop putting insulin, much less.I simply believe that being strict from the beginning, talking to your doctor and helping your pancreas exactly is the best fight.I think that supplying more insulin than necessary, eating badly, having a sedentary life, etc ... entails that your pancreas stop producing insulin definitely.After my debut I spent six months 0-0-0 rapid and 12 of Lantus at night, after six months I had to start the fast before meals because my values ​​were no longer so good.Now my goal is to return to that.I want to suppress the fast and stay with the 12 of Lantus to see what happens.Without losing weight, hungry, or anything of that of course.Thanks for your comments.

DJA's profile photo
DJA
05/15/2012 1:42 p.m.

I would recommend that you forget to try to stop putting the quick, that is impossible if you have a healthy and balanced diet, that is, with carbohydrates, proteins and fats to its fair measure.You will not be better because you get less insulin.With all my respects your claim seems to me.
The healthy pancreas secretes insulin every time we eat, we with current insulins have the possibility of imitating the pancreas using a basal (lantus or levemir) and an ultra -swell every time we eat and that is right if you feed yourself correctly.

DiabetesForo
05/15/2012 1:48 p.m.

Hi Prado, I have not said anything about stopping putting the quick.I have said that I will try to reduce the rapid from 4 U to 3U before eating and dinner, as long as my glycemia are good.At the moment they are.Stop hitting quickly would be of idiot of course.Your final phrase has seemed to me the most accurate: the healthy pancreas secretes insulin every time we eat, with the current insulins we have the possibility of imitating the pancreas using a basal (lantus or levemir) and an ultra -switch every time we eat and thatIt's right if you feed correctly ...
My intention is not to imitate the pancreas.What I intend is to help pancreas in its fair measure and see what happens.In a few months we will see the results.Thanks for your comments.Among all we will find the best way to face this disease and I have no doubt that in a few years we will find a solution.

DJA's profile photo
DJA
05/15/2012 2:18 p.m.

I want to suppress the fast and stay with the 12 of Lantus to see what happens.Without losing weight, hungry, or anything of that of course.Thanks for your comments.

This is what seems to me a barbarity, you will have to suppress or radically reduce carbohydrates with the danger that that entails.

DiabetesForo
05/15/2012 5:03 p.m.

My congratulations before your next paternity and my best wishes for your new business project.
My opinion is similar to that of the rest of the post, I think I could not follow some guidelines, from my point of view, something rigid.I think that in this disease you have to be aware and constant, but although our will goes in one direction, the human body has its own functioning, and we will not always be able to control everything, in the long run, it would create a lot of frustration.I do not complain, because after 2 years, I remain on a honeymoon and with only 6 units of Lantus, although with frequent hypos, one day yes, and the other too ...

I have seen that you include in your yogurt and oat diet (it is usually my dinner) you are looking for excellence and quality, I recommend two brands, a cup (it is an exquisite Greek yogurt, 0% fatty matter, I have only seen it in the cutEnglish), and the other brand Link Lang = is
For sale in many supermarkets, I at least try to give my little tributes.
In any case, DJA, I admire your determination, and well you will tell us your achievements.
Greetings to the forum.;)

olmo's profile photo
olmo
05/15/2012 6:41 p.m.

As you say, progress is only valid is shared by all.Thanks for your opinions !!I take note !!

DJA's profile photo
DJA
05/15/2012 7:19 p.m.

DJA, bad news, no matter how much you do not want to raise insulin and help the pancreas, your pancreas and that of all of us is sick and the only possible ending is that the cells that generate insulin stop working.As much as you mime, no matter how much you do not want you to get used to the "external insulin" the end is already written ... My advice is that you get possible achievements, try to lower the hemo more.A 6.5 is fine, but if you get a 6 better hypos 

tica's profile photo
tica
05/16/2012 6:58 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Thank you for your tica tips but I continue in my thirteen.I have a complete analytical, retinography and visit with the endocrine scheduled by the end of September.After several months with stable glycemia today I begin to lower the dose of Humalog to 3-3-4 and Lantus to 11. I am with my routine and I will write my complete results at the end of next week.I want to make it clear that I am not a robot, as well as advisable and in abundance.What I maintain are the skim yogurt with the 1/2 tablespoon of ground oat bran at 13h and the skimmed yogurt with 2 tablespoons and 1/2 thirty of the same at 7pm.The same exercise guidelines that always begin at the same time at 20:30 and discipline at healthy and varied food schedules that are always 9: 30/15/22 ... 5 minutes before the fast one.I rely on empirical results and not in assumptions.Of course I will compare my results of these next months with the results of the analytics and reviews that I mentioned before and to see how.I would like to have similar data of routines (insulin+food+exercise)+(age and weight) of some fodder if someone follows one with good or bad results to share experiences.As Olmo says: Progress is only valid is shared by all. Many thanks to all !!!

DJA's profile photo
DJA
05/16/2012 7:42 a.m.

I give you my routine:

I am 27 years old, diabetics from the 3 (24 years of evolution) weight 60kg and I measure 163. zero complications
I get up at 70-80, like 35hc of slow hydrates (fiber cookies) and I put 4.7 units.90% of the days I do not go to 150 in the next 3 hours.The post (2HORAS) approx 90, I keep this morning (at eleven as a 7HC and a half unit yogurt, there is no glycemia variation) this is fulfilled 80% of the days, today for example I have had a hip.Why, maybe, because the rule has to come, because I have a weird stomach, who knows why?The food is about 40hc and I put myself 6.5, here I get on the next three hours (170-180) but then the afternoon to less than 120. This is always fulfilled and unless Jupiter is in constellation with SaturnAnd the day is even ...(I don't know if I explain, that in diabetes 1+1 it can be 2, 3,4,5 or 0).I get home about six thirty, half an hour before arriving, I already under the basal 40% and I take 10-20HC fast (depending on the desire you have to run and the heat it makes, the more heat the more it lowers me) I usually leave 45-60 minutes, if I see that I am going down to me a chuche from those of Decathlon that are 7gr.And I usually get to dinner well.Many times Ceno only 10hc and I don't get fast.

All this is true, but for example I have been running for a week, often scare that my dogs gave me a few days ago, that I almost died when I was running and my desire has gone a bit.Yesterday I left, only 5km, but with slopes, in the end I arrived burst, I took a piece of chocolate and before bed I was 210. Little anérabic exercise even if it is running.

The basal had been putting about 20 units for 5 years, I don't know very well because I reason two weeks ago I had hypoglycemia for beast and now I am with 13.2 units Why?It is not known, leave contraceptives, but it shouldn't be a sufficient reason.Now I have been getting up to 120 for a few days, I suppose that little by little I will need the units that I used before ...

The last Hemo was 6.9 (due to family problems, let me leave me a little) but I have been with the hem below 6.5.I have a continuous meter and I have learned to know my body and although I have more and more information there are still days that there is no way to explain why eating the same thing has risen me so much or has lowered.(And it is clear that my pancreas is said insulin does not produce: P)

For example, I noticed a great improvement by having 3 hours before sleep, thus I avoid scares of slow digestions or similar things.I have noticed that I feel so well to do this, that I am no longer (I will never say) to dinner during the week.Before we were going to the McDonals at 22:30, I threw me at 12 and easy it was the day I woke up above 200, it didn't compensate for me.If they are at that time, I have a company and do them company.They criticize me for this (it is what has to convey that my life is "normal", that they do not know the implications of diabetes), but for me this "effort" compensates me.Everyone has to look for their balance….

tica's profile photo
tica
05/16/2012 8:51 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Hi Tica seems to me an excellent routine.The results speak for themselves.You are already a veteran on this subject and you have adapted your diabetes to your lifestyle the best that can be in my opinion.Do not stop exercising !!You already know that.In my case, going to run is great and I suppose it is recommended for everyone to be diabetic or not.I do not understand how you the basal from 20 to 13.2 we are talking about almost 50% and that gives me a lot of anger but well if these days you get up to 120 I suppose you will return more or less to the usual.By the way, what time do you put the basal? ... more than anything to compare your descent with mine.How do you say each one has to look for their balance !!I would not worry much about the McDonals is not recommended for anyone, it is demonstrated !!!And do not listen to people much who criticize that you take care of yourself.It is not a very intelligent posture that we say !!You already know that.

DJA's profile photo
DJA
05/16/2012 11:32 a.m.

Hello everyone,
The firm, Dja, referred to the fact that the achievements of science, medicine, technology, education, etc., what is, in short., They are accessible to everyone, although of course, I am delightedTo share my experience, if you can help other people.
I identify with you DJA, in which I also consider myself empirical, and I try to reason everything arguing with contrasted data.
In addition, I understand you perfectly, everyone reaches their conclusions following their own path and experience, and you are in your right to manage health based on what you see that it works, I think we all act similarly, although I think we have limitations, in this case a pancreas that is of indefinite strike, bad that weighs us, and the sooner we assume it better.
That, for now, because medicine still has a lot to say, and well, everything is possible..
Greetings to the forum;)

olmo's profile photo
olmo
05/16/2012 11:50 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.