{'en': 'Discipline to control 100% diabetes', 'es': 'Disciplina para controlar la diabetes al 100%'} Image

Discipline to control 100% diabetes

DJA's profile photo   05/14/2012 9:27 p.m.

DJA, I carry insulin bomb.To do sports is the best ... well and for everything!

tica's profile photo
tica
05/17/2012 6:47 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Well first I introduce myself, I am the husband of Mani and father of a 7 -year -old diabetic child since the age of 15 and I really did not believe your method.
To start the routine, it is a bit difficult to believe and very heavy but good if you can carry it and be happy that is already a matter of each one.But I think that diabetes influence many more things such as hormones which can vary glycemia, such as the change of season, since cortisol occurs that is a hormone that makes that glucose variation possible.
Then there is the day to day, do not stress?, Never discuss? Do not eat any day during the week? Do you not do night exercise? You have no problems of any kind that make you vary that perfect glucose?.
Then you do not explain how you do it on weekends, when you allow those whims, how do you do it with alcohol?
Regarding helping the pancreas seems wrong since most type1 diabetics do not produce any insulin, look to see how the C peptide is that tells you if you are producing some insulin.
The perfect method I think it still does not exist.

Well greetings and until next time.

pani's profile photo
pani
05/17/2012 12:27 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I'm not as sure as you are not possible ... That's why I get it.Thanks for the C peptide I had no idea what that was going every day you learn something and referring to the fact that moods, colds, infections and countless factors influence that we already know, I have lived it ... AnywayThey are still specific facts.I have never talked about perfect glycemias !!If so, it would not be diabetic .... I would appreciate contributions to the constructive intention forum.Most are, it is with all my respects does not seem to me.I do not try to be better than anyone when explaining my method.Nor is it easy to follow it, much less ... demands a lot of sacrifice.In fact, having good results in the glucometer demands it and since everything in life obtain good results based on sacrifice because one is happy and makes you want to continue fighting.
Greetings to the forum.

DJA's profile photo
DJA
05/18/2012 8:29 p.m.

Pani, welcome to the forum !!!!It is good that we know you: D ... kisses to man and the kids;)

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/19/2012 7:38 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Dja, congratulations for carrying it so well and for being able to take care of your body with so much effort and perseverance.

But from what I read of your comments, I think you are missing an important part of what type I diabetes means.
The cause of our disease is autoimmune, which means, it is not known why, but certain antibodies of our body attack the beta cells of our pancreas.Sometimes more quickly and sometimes slower, but the end is always the same: the pancreas will stop working completely in a relatively short period, the honeymoon.
In some cases, there is no honeymoon, as in mine and in other cases it can last a few years, I think the maximum I have read have been 5 and this is something very exceptional, the normal thing is 1 or 2 years.
The way of knowing if you are on a honeymoon, is what you have told you before, some analysis to see the amount of peptide C that your body has.The C peptide is released in the body when producing this insulin, so if you have 0, you do not produce, and if you have something, it is that ...

What I mean with all this, that you probably have an idea, is that if you are type I diabetic, in the end your pancreas will not produce insulin, no matter how much you try to help you, reduce rapid insulin contributions is not the most logical.If at the same time you do not reduce your intake of hydrates, the blood glucose will rise to you, and if you reduce them, which you will probably achieve will be to lose weight, and it depends on how you do it and to what degree, you may even reach a malnutrition,that does not seem to me that in our case it is very healthy ...

For your weight and for your activity, there are recommended quantities of kcalories/day, of which, in a healthy and balanced diet 50 or 55% must be carbohydrates and therefore, you will need insulin equivalent to those hydrates, ofAnother way, your diet will not be very proportionate.And if you consume less kcalories, you will lose weight, and on the contrary, you will gain weight ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/29/2012 3:52 a.m.

By the way, how are you going?

DiabetesForo
05/29/2012 4:38 a.m.

I am glad that you have managed to keep diabetes, but to see without a continuous meter you do not really know what blood glucose you reach, so I see you measure you at 3 hours.My son always has a hem that is around 6.5, and even 6, and although in a child it is impossible to have that ferrium routine, I can assure you that sometimes he goes up and up after eating, although then at three hours he is perfect.Despite our efforts, my son has hypos, unfortunately mostly asymptomatic, it is the price to be paid to have good control, and also hyperglycemia for multiple factors, I don't remember seeing a 300, but the 200long yes.Haven't you get sick in these three years?Not a cold?Anyway, that I admire you, next to you I feel a chaotic person :)).

mornita's profile photo
mornita
05/29/2012 6:15 p.m.

Hello everyone!I said I would hang my results.I continue with my "method", it has been 15 days or so and well are these:

First Measurement Glucometer 9h: 96
First food 9h: 60 gr of integral bread with serrano ham and milk base with coffee (4u humalog)
Second Measurement Glucometer 11h: 162
Third measurement glucometer 13h: 86
Second meal 13h: Donged yogurt with a spoonful soup of oat bran
Fourth Measurement Glucometer 15h: 90
Third food 15h
Appetizer:
-A beer of can with alcohol.
-80 gr of Doritos.
-A can mussels in pickle.
First and second:
-100 gr of boiled potatoes on a dish of green beans and a veal hamburger (for all this 4 or humalog)
Fifth glucometer measurement 15h: 130
Fourth Food 19h 30 ’: A banana mixed with two and a half soup tablespoons of oat bran + a natural yogurt
Sixth glucometer measurement before training 20h 30 ’: 168
--- I'm going to run 40 ’about seven kilometers or so ---
Eighth glucometer measurement after training 22h: 102
Fifth food 22h: 180 gr of potato tortilla + 60 gr of whole wheat bread.
23 h insulin lantus 12 u
Ninth and final measurement 24h: 146
The controls are totally real and as you can see every two hours or so.It is very clear that I am not any robot, I allow myself from a whim from time to time, that yes, I exercise every day and if ... you are oldive, sometimes, I cold.A couple of times a year to say and in total about 14 days or so and may have some infection.This year no lucky.
In short and summarizing 94% of days my values ​​are fully controllable.It is demonstrated that diabetes with a little discipline today is perfectly controllable, so, without excuses.Being is doing.
By the way, 100% is not real.Let's leave it at 95%.

DJA's profile photo
DJA
06/01/2012 8:37 p.m.

DJA, in total diabetes, when the pancreas no longer produces any insulin, discipline is not enough, because hormones and external insulin do not always act the same.You can only achieve that stability when there is still pancreatic insulin that acts correcting glycemic peaks.
Anyway, you have found a way to control yourself and you can enjoy it :)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/01/2012 8:59 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Does anyone encourage to create their own "method" to control their diabetes (diet, insulin, exercise) and hang the results?

DJA's profile photo
DJA
06/04/2012 7:15 p.m.

Well, I am a total type I diabetic, I have not had a honeymoon, and according to my analysis, my own insulin production is 0.

My method is to lead a life as normal and as healthy as possible.To do this I also tried to get the insulin bomb and thanks to the fact that I had a very good endocrine they gave it to me 6 months of debuting although my diabetes was from "the beginning" very well controlled and now I have been with it for more than a year and notChange for nothing.

The first two months of diabetes were impossible, I know that things did well, but the body has to adapt to it has no insulin and receive it from outside, calm the nerves and worries ... etc.In this forum I have left post with all my situations and problems.From the beginning, I have read and absorbed all the information I found, I still have that desire to read something new that I don't know to learn every day to take my diabetes better.

My way of carrying diabetes, is adjusting the basal everything I can to avoid low if you delay a meal or rush for having less insulin amount than necessary.And then, count the rations of carbohydrates that as, always as exactly I can, and put the corresponding insulin.In this way, not as every day the same thing, and even if I feel like a food or delay it without implying a glucose downturn.To dinner many days not like more than a yogurt or a small fruit and it does not imply any problem, it is the time of the day I feel like eating least, and that is why, it is the time of the day that least as, I prefer to eat something else inLunch or food. I control everything I can my weight , because since I debuted more ease than before, my body mass index is correct, and even throwing low.

For food, the only care I put, is avoid the fats as much as possible and eat at least two pieces a day of fruit.For the rest, counting the hydrates, as varied and everything, if one day there are cake or cakes (it is not the most common, only in events and are usually bad more because of the saturated fats that have not for sugar), the ones like, I put the insulin that for what weighs and because of the experience that I have corresponds to the rations and point.

I usually run 20 minutes when I have time, lately I don't have time, study, work and I normally have many occupations.Not going out, I do not have an impact on my values, since if I leave, I need less insulin in two hours later, but if I do not go out, I put on what I need and solved.

Despite not having a discipline, my glycosylated hemoglobin is always between 5.8 and 6.5.Above, he only gave me in the debut, I think it was a 10.5 or something.
During the day to day, I do not usually get out of 200, at most once a week and there will be weeks that even that.Although I have ever met a 300, I don't have such an easy diabetes.Basons, I usually have one days, but I always carry juices in my bag so I solve them quickly without interfering in my day to day.My mornings are squeeze rare, I normally need twice the insulin that the rest of the day, both basal and bowls, probably due to hormones, and it is the part of the day that it cost me the most to control from the beginning, although nowI don't usually have much problem because I already know my body at that point.It is not very stable in terms of the amount of insulin I need, there have been times that I had to change the basal almost every week.The nerves also make you need less insulin, and when I am depressed, I need more.

When I go to the endocrine, or my diabetologist, they usually congratulate me to take it well and have all the information I have.

This week, I change home, I stopLiving with my parents and I go with my boyfriend, I change the city and change of work, my schedules will be different ... and my new classmates will not know that I am diabetic to avoid work discriminations ... probably inA couple of months, also change doctors, endocrine and diabetologist.My life will become totally different, but what worries me least is diabetes, what else, what to everyone, work and crisis.If my glycemic contribution should not have information, and if to a discipline, I would have to start making that discipline again, because everything will change me, until the way of making the food, which is no longer going to do it to meMy mother: Mrgreen: and less badly, because I prefer to have only to worry about the move and the new work, to also worry about how I will take diabetes.

That is why I believe that each person has their "method", and it is not necessary> , and know what to do with her.And of course, with type I diabetes, 1 + 1 are not always 2 ...

DiabetesForo
06/05/2012 3:41 a.m.

Well, I agree with Neihs in almost everything at 100 percent.
I have been with type 1 diabetes for almost 12 years and we have always been between 5.5 and 6.5 that was the last one, I do not diet, as of everything, when I feel like it and without schedules, but whenever I will eat something it isThe time that is measured by glucose to put the corresponding insulin.No as the same every day so my insulin needs vary every day, the rations of hydrates also vary.The total daily insulin is usually between 20 to 25 units (Basal more bowling) I exercise daily, I already did before having diabetes, I go to run or walk daily at least one hour, on weekends too.
I carry insulin pump, for me the best treatment to be able to adjust the doses of insulin to the maximum.
This, basically, is my method, if it can be called that because I really do not have any method, the important thing in my opinion is to measure and measure the glucose to make the appropriate decisions and be able to solve any unforeseen event because having everything absolutely planned,For me it is at least impossible.

DiabetesForo
06/05/2012 10:06 a.m.

Of course Prado, I forgot to comment on measuring ...
Always before and two hours later, or when I think I'm high or I have doubts about how I can be ...
I hope that in the new ambulatory to which I go, my 5 boxes will continue to give me a month ...

DiabetesForo
06/05/2012 12:20 p.m.

Hello good

With all my respects and without bothering anyone, Dja Spartan discipline for me would be an exclavitude.I can't advise anyone, I'll just talk about my experience.For me, the fundamental thing is to adapt diabetes and its treatment to my life and not the reverse and that rigid quadrant would totally go against my goal.

Although I am almost 40 years old, everything is variable in my day to day (humor, colds, menstruation, exercise, diet ...).Anyway, even if I wanted to, it would be impossible to follow such a grid.

Even so, as I said above, I do not intend to teach anything to anyone, I just wanted to give my opinion and that I do not take away to congratulate DJ for being able to control his daily routine to the millimeter.

That everything remains equally well and improving for you and everyone.

Greetings.

Ilipa's profile photo
Ilipa
06/12/2012 8:47 a.m.

I'm already a father !!!!is beautiful, beautiful and beautiful !!!
Greetings to everyone!

DJA's profile photo
DJA
06/26/2012 6:05 a.m.

Congratulations @dja !!!: D

olmo's profile photo
olmo
06/26/2012 7:22 a.m.

Enjoy it very much, which is the greatest happiness in the world: D!Congratulations!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/26/2012 2:29 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I'm still in my Treze !!Last Hemo 5.8

DJA's profile photo
DJA
10/13/2012 7:58 a.m.

Congratulations on that index;Of course, I would be unable to follow such ferrous rules because in the end you are "living for diabetes" and not "living with diabetes."
I have been with diabetes for a short time, I perform an hour of daily exercise and an important diet because diabetes had to add an important weight problem that is already solving;That allows me to have approximately 70 and 95 indices in each of the daily measurements and take only two metformin pills a day and, even so, one day the thing gets uphill;So if I took that time control, food, etc., I couldn't take it.
Anyway, undoubtedly, there is not a single method and what is not valid for you is.So I encourage, do not faint and keep it up.

DiabetesForo
10/24/2012 7:49 a.m.

Go stress DJA good at least take your control to the table that is important, but you will have to have many hours free to make all those meals at all hours, I do not carry the truth well, that of telling the hydrates, therations ,,,, I am ,,, that will be done.

chuniña's profile photo
chuniña
10/25/2012 4:58 a.m.

DIABETICA TIPO 1, debut 1999, varias complicaciones( Neuropatía diabética, Cardiopatía Isquémica....)
Novorapid: 1/4/5 Tresiba 0/0/23
Sensor Freestyle Libre

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.