Dexcom Seven continuous meter analysis

HanSolo's profile photo   03/04/2013 6:29 a.m.

Pabloj2000 said:
Hi Gondullo.
My suggestion and experience during these years is this system, I have tried everything (and suffered from everything), and this is the best and most economical.

You buy strips of Fixomull Transparent (on the web is relatively economical, you buy the 10 meter box that will give you for a long time -ño-).

You have to make a foam mold that covers the sensor size, the adhseivo.

The sensor's problem is that if you cover it directly, the adhesive fabric takes off, sweat puts it worse, etc ... Feisimol gets.

With this system, what you get is that there is a slight pressure on the adhesive, and it always remains in place, do what you do.
When I take it after 2 weeks ... it is totally stuck, and smooth.Obviously if I leave it 1 day, it begins to take off, but the result is that it has not been wrinkled.

I leave you a photo to get an idea.

I had many problems to keep it in its place, time, etc ... for me, it was the solution these last 2-3 ... Hand of saint.It usually endures in winter the 2 weeks that the sensors last me.And in summer, minimum, 1 week.When I say, I mean the Fixomull Transparent, which takes off the corners, rubbing with clothes, etc.The interior, the sensor, does not move.

GREETING

And tapas the sensor completely with the fixomull ???Or do you leave the issuer discovered?

dolphinita's profile photo
dolphinita
09/28/2013 6:58 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Tonight I just put my last Dexcom Seven sensor and the one that most likely (judging by the increasingFailing a lot for lack of battery and the receiver is also demonstrating an exhaustion of the built -in battery it carries.

Since I discovered the fixomull I stopped using the 3M tegaderm.Fixomull sticks a little bad (having that vinyl so hard that it does not remain so stray when placing it on the skin), but when you remove that other face from the adhesive (that of the hard vinyl), it is perfectly placed and endures me all my lifeOf the sensor without having to change it !!!That is, approximately two weeks.And that with almost daily showers, sport almost daily ... The truth is that it is much better than Tegaderm.In addition, it is breathable.The only Fixomull paste is that when it is breathable, when I take a shower, for a while suppurates moisture and if you put a clothes above, it is likely that it is wet in that area of ​​the sensor until all the moisture has finished coming out.

in the end.Today I start my sensor.It has been an authentic joy (except for the logic stuck of the device) and above all, a great peace that gives me to know what I have at all times.
If I can, I will ask you later, to see if they lend it to me to do the corresponding analysis on the web as I did with the Dexcom Seven and with the Guardian of Medtronic.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
10/01/2013 5:11 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.