Dexcom Seven continuous meter analysis

HanSolo's profile photo   03/04/2013 6:29 a.m.

Well, I've finished my first Dexcom Seven sensor.I have been telling my day to day with the device, and I put the link to the website of the Biscay Association of Diabetes, where I have hung the blogs.It may be of interest to some.

11 days (the last with errors) I have managed to use the sensor.And the truth, although the sensor already gave me anarchic readings, the adhesive no longer gave.I was completely taken away.Therefore, my conclusion is that if you do sport on a regular basis like me, you fail to have it two weeks there or with divine help, come on.

Here you have the Asvidia blog:

Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/04/2013 6:29 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

A couple of advice:

To me the gossip that you get on top of the aposty seems very uncomfortable and my skin irritates me.If you can use this: SKIN TAC WIP WALLS The difference is that it lasts a week or two (or three)

Try to put the sensor on your shoulder: more precision, less sweat and, for me, much more comfortable.It cost me a lot to find the "good place", now in winter always there, in summer with according to t -shirts it looks ... if I can, I then upload a photo of where I take it

tica's profile photo
tica
03/04/2013 9:24 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

On the shoulder ?????Photo, photo !!!

I take Skin Tac note.You are using them in the hospital when they put the sensor.He gave me a taco.And they left me for free, because they said, they are usually very expensive.But I will see what those you say.

I don't have any fluffy zone on the shoulder.And in the gut, neither is much either.13% according to my tanita does not give too many placement options ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/04/2013 9:45 a.m.

The Skin Tap I think they cost about € 15 (50 wipes), more or less the same as the Nobecuta

There are other wipes, convene prepare that cost about 10 euros (54 wipes)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/04/2013 12:29 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

There goes the photo.The sensor has 9 days and you can see that the aposty is fine.I have not done any sport, but in bed I move a lot and do not take off

tica's profile photo
tica
03/04/2013 3:43 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

It looks good.The only thing you need for help to put it ... and to tell you how the dressing goes to Sujection :-)
I am playing in the area right now as I see your photo (not a joke eh!) And I notice that I have too superficial bone on the shoulder.In my case, I see it complicated ... another area is the triceps, right?Have you tried there?I may have more possibilities in triceps than on the shoulder.

At the moment, today I have removed the first sensor that has already died.And tomorrow I will be encouraged to put it only for the first time.Let's hope to do well.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/04/2013 4:51 p.m.

Tica, I am very liking this.I guess the dressing is water resistant.Can alarm put to notify the hypos? Would it wake you at night?
Gondurulo, the link is not seen and it would be interesting.Thank you.: D

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/04/2013 8:10 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I will ask in the pharmacy for Nobecuta and the Skintac, following your recommendations (Tica and Owash).

Regina, here are:

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/05/2013 3:19 a.m.

If I need help to put it, I think I could alone, but with what it costs, I don't know ...

When I saw that the gut is saturated with punctures (for the pump) I decided to put it on the arm (triceps), but it bothered me to sleep (I sleep from side) and little by little I was putting it more behind until I found the site of thePhoto and there nothing bothers.The bone that you say that you have (I have it: p) It is a little more to the left ... I recognize that the first times you have to give it value to prick there, but that is not many nerve endings out there because nohurts

The Nobecuta I have it and does not make the same effect as the other wipes, but that can be bought in pharmacy.I have only found the wipes on eBay or directly in Nobalab

tica's profile photo
tica
03/05/2013 5:46 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

What do you recommend then for the sensor to hold me there two weeks doing sports?

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/05/2013 10:06 a.m.

The Apities that transparent one that you put the first time to me I do not like because my skin irritates me, I also have problems with the adhesive ... In fact I have allergy to tape, tense ...

The only thing that is doing well is the skintac wipes and the tape that is like the one of the Apart/medipore-esparadrapo-Hipoelaergenico-adhesivOnly when it has begun to take off.

tica's profile photo
tica
03/05/2013 2:22 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Too bad this meter is caught in a moment of huge tiredness like the one I am suffering.I am in total crisis ... Penalty of not being able to go to a desert island (without diabetes, of course).

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/06/2013 5:43 a.m.

Let's see if I am going well ... I think the continuous sensor is not worth it because you cannot trust him enough to do without glucometer controls.Maybe it helps to know better glucose trends and variations throughout the day, but it is not reliable enough to control it only with him.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/06/2013 12:47 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

It is worth it.Mu improves in the treatment of diabetes was better with the continuous meter q with the pump :)

tica's profile photo
tica
03/06/2013 2:22 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Tica, and if the hemo is already good (less than 6.5 or 6) What advantages does it give you?Is it reliable enough to improve the quality of life?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/06/2013 5:01 p.m.

PFF, I don't know, it depends on how stable it is.To me for what serves me is to distinguish guidelines.If it is glycemia they are very stable, it does not need it.I recognize that you also tire always carry the gossip on, but to get a hem below 6 without being very stable I see it complicated without the continuous meter.

And for me it is reliable, for example I do not do the analysis of the posts if what the Dexcom marks is an acceptable blood glucose.

tica's profile photo
tica
03/07/2013 12:55 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Thanks, ethics.Kisses for you and Diego: D

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/07/2013 3:51 p.m.

Hi Gondrullo.
My suggestion and experience during these years is this system, I have tried everything (and suffered from everything), and this is the best and most economical.

You buy strips of Fixomull Transparent (on the web is relatively economical, you buy the 10 meter box that will give you for a long time -ño-).

You have to make a foam mold that covers the sensor size, the adhseivo.

The sensor's problem is that if you cover it directly, the adhesive fabric takes off, sweat puts it worse, etc ... Feisimol gets.

With this system, what you get is that there is a slight pressure on the adhesive, and it always remains in place, do what you do.
When I take it after 2 weeks ... it is totally stuck, and smooth.Obviously if I leave it 1 day, it begins to take off, but the result is that it has not been wrinkled.

I leave you a photo to get an idea.

I had many problems to keep it in its place, time, etc ... for me, it was the solution these last 2-3 ... Hand of saint.It usually endures in winter the 2 weeks that the sensors last me.And in summer, minimum, 1 week.When I say, I mean the Fixomull Transparent, which takes off the corners, rubbing with clothes, etc.The interior, the sensor, does not move.

All the best

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
03/14/2013 2:19 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Hello,

My name is Hector, I am type 1 diabetic and I have the Dexcom for a long time (now the new model).I have irritation skin problems and the dressing is detached, so I have to remove it in 3-4 days.

I surprised your wonderful "trick", but I just didn't understand it and in the photo it seems that you have trimmed the sensor's fabric adhesive?

I am very interested in knowing your experience and if it may be that you explain the steps again.

How have you done the mold?

Thank you,

Hector's profile photo
Hector
08/19/2013 7:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yesterday in the pool I saw a woman with the Dexcom Seven sensor in the thigh!I was surprised by the site, because in my case I could not wear it due to the sport, but I suppose that she is doing well (it was in full quadriceps, outside of it).

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
08/19/2013 8:28 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.