Dexcom Seven continuous meter analysis

HanSolo's profile photo   03/04/2013 6:29 a.m.

It is that what seems to me a shame is that a receiver lasts from 6 months to 1 year having to jump more than 1000 turkeys for each one when there are batteries or other technology to last a long time, all this seems to me an authentic nonsense, everything is to do business with us, this people have no modesty.

laurita11977's profile photo
laurita11977
08/27/2013 7:31 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Pure and hard business ... :-(

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/27/2013 7:52 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Man, neither an end nor the other.Companies have to do business like every company.Every company has to have its benefit.Dexcom already seems to me usura

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/27/2013 8:25 a.m.

Of course they have to do business, but they do enough business with the transmitters to have to change the receiver every so often costing what it costs.They are clearly seen that they make them disposable to get the rooms.
By the way, with that price I could already carry MP3 and Internet connection :)
Today I lift me guerrilla: P

laurita11977
08/27/2013 9:19 a.m.

I have a question ... well a couple hehe.Seriously do the sensors cost 50+ euros?That is 200 Eurazos per month!And the other, carrying that is not annoying?That is, the needle is constantly inside?Can it hurt or can it cause problems?For example, if you have it in the gut and do you get abdominals what happens?

thank you!

farstar's profile photo
farstar
08/27/2013 10:21 a.m.

Those of the sensor, I don't know, but those of the pump, 241 to be exact, and with that you have for a month.Luckily, they give them to me in the hospital, but they give me the invoice ...

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/27/2013 11:09 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

50?I have read that they are closer to € 80 to see if someone who has it can get us out of doubt.The truth is that they have a tremendous potential but at these prices few people will be able to access them.If they were more ready they would think that lowering prices would buy more people with which they would have a greater turnover, they would know

laurita11977
08/27/2013 1:20 p.m.

Laura,

I think there is a confusion in what you say, the Dexcom has three parts:

- The monitor/receiver, which is the screen with the button and where the glucose and the historical one, alarms, etc ... is seen ..., it costs the 1000 euros, but it has battery like the mobiles and charger, it lasts Carios Dias.

- The patches with the sensor, are reponable and come out for about 90 euros each, already comment that I used them typically 2 weeks, you have to make a small trick and especially keep them attached to the body, something not always easy,

- The emitting chip, which is attached to each sensor and is not reponable, this chip, sends the data to the monitor/receiver, and is the one that lasts more or less 1 year, with non -loadable or changable internal battery, I think it costs some some some200 or 300 each, and it is the reason for your complaint, with which I agree.

fer's profile photo
fer
08/27/2013 9:14 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Farstar said:
... That is 200 Eurazos per month!And the other, carrying that is not annoying?That is, the needle is constantly inside?Can it hurt or can it cause problems?For example if you have it in the gut and you start to make abdominals that passes

That's right, about 160-180 euros per month, if you manage to stretch 2 weeks per sensor.

Now a few months ago I use it, and I can confirm that the sensor does not bother6 day or so, you have to make some invention to keep it in place.

fer's profile photo
fer
08/27/2013 9:21 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Ok, thanks for the Fer clarification, it was wrong with respect to the receiver.

laurita11977
08/29/2013 5:22 a.m.

But then the needle is constantly integrated into the skin?Because if you make movements, shouldn't it hurt?

farstar's profile photo
farstar
08/29/2013 5:43 a.m.

It is not exactly a needle, it is rather like a plastic catheter, very fine and flexible, I suppose that is why it does not notice, I have only noticed discomfort when the patch is totally taken off and the catheter has come out, but while it is put on,Nothing at all, really, more skeptical than me on this subject, I think there were few, and I can say that it is true, it does not bother and does not hurt.

fer's profile photo
fer
08/29/2013 9:29 a.m.

I guess until you wear it, you don't know what XD feels because so seen from the outside ... having something injected into the skin 24 hours a day ... it sounds upset.And if you give yourself any blow or something, I don't know, you don't make yourself an Apaño inside?tears skin or muscles or that I know haha ​​good if you say that it does not show it will be for something: P

Edit: I must also say that I am very thin, I do not think I have fat or skin, every skin haha.seen like that ...

farstar's profile photo
farstar
08/29/2013 11:53 a.m.

And how is you bought, you are asked through a hospital and teach you to put it or buy it and you manage your alone?

I am thinking of buying me but on the other hand, I am afraid to buy it and that another better, some less invasive or that works with the mobile as a receiver, for example.And if it were with a clock it would be perfect to wear it.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/29/2013 4:08 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

The problem that I see the mobile is that today the battery does not last even 1 day.And to make a receiver, it would have to be connecting minimum every 5 minutes by Bluetooth, so having the bluetooth on, the battery of a smartphone would die in just hours.And of course it would be a big problem.

farstar's profile photo
farstar
08/29/2013 5:42 p.m.

Good note! I don't know if he had commented, but the battery of the Dexcom G4 receiver lasts more than 5 days, and the cable is USB, so it also serves to connect with the PC and pass the data to the programof follow -up, it has glucose graphs, trends, etc ...

fer's profile photo
fer
08/30/2013 6:34 a.m.

It is a law of life that over time are advancing technologically and leave better devices but at some point you will have to buy it.What could be done is that if there are several interested people because a common forum is made to negotiate a price with manufacturer warning that several alternatives are being considered, surely a better price is achieved.

laurita11977
08/30/2013 9:38 a.m.

These do not adjust to you for anything in the world ...

tica's profile photo
tica
08/30/2013 10:11 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I have the Dexcom Seven Plus and they called me offering me the G4.I was already informed of the new monitor and after several questions I reached the same conclusion that presupposed to me in advance, for us the old module is preferable since the only advantage (if they want to call it) is that the screen is color, somethingTotally irrelevant to the user, and the largest of the differences is the life of the transmitter that would go from the 500 days of the old model to 6 months in the new one, which means that the maintenance cost is triggered.

I have to say that the Aprarate itself is super super useful and nothing annoying but that they take advantage of and that the new model is to obtain more benefits.

Also tell you that I have the Animas Vibe insulin pump that can be used with the transmitter of the G4 does not need to buy the receiver, but after buying the Seven Plus it seems a buried to pay the € 400 of the transmitter every 6 months offering it as aoffer.

JSS's profile photo
JSS
08/30/2013 1:19 p.m.

A question, is there any bomb that incorporates the continuous meter?Do you know something about the dexcom G5?

laurita11977
09/14/2013 6:14 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.