Dexcom Seven continuous meter analysis

HanSolo's profile photo   03/04/2013 6:29 a.m.

Can someone tell me how can I contact a continuous measure?Do you know if they let him try before?What do you recommend me?

Thank you

laurita11977's profile photo
laurita11977
08/22/2013 1:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Through my endocrine, they let me try the Dexcom G4 (I paid the sensor cost), I still have the contact, after trying it 2 weeks, I decided to buy it, and I did not change it for anything!;-)

fer's profile photo
fer
08/22/2013 8:36 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Well, you can tell your experience.Because the references I have are not very good;Huge emitter with extra short duration and extra expensive price ... counts, counts ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
08/22/2013 9:11 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

What options are there?That they are good clear.I have seen some that are not invasive and also does not need a receiver since it is a mobile application and connects by Bluetooth.

laurita11977
08/23/2013 4:50 a.m.

That is expensive, I do not discuss it, it is, but I think the benefit justifies the cost.It is quite precise compared to the traditional meter, only that it gives you more than 1,000 information points per day, compared to the 6 or 7 punctures on the finger, there is no color.

On the size of the issuer, once placed, you forget that you carry it, you just have to check that it does not take off and be careful not to hit it or pull, I do not take it out at all!

The duration according to the manufacturer is more than 7 days per sensor, the reality is that when it reaches 7 days the device warns that you have to change the sensor, the only thing to do is, maintain the one you already carry and tell him thatIt is new to the device, with what you stretch 7 more days, I usually take them 14 days, and then change it.

fer's profile photo
fer
08/23/2013 7:48 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

In the end, how much do FER sensors cost you?I can find themselves cheaper I would not have inconvenience to buy the Dexcom.Although I don't carry the glycosilad

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/23/2013 8:45 a.m.

The cost-benefit ratio I have nothing clear.Because it does not compensate for many people, the one with moderately stable diabetes.But for other people with concrete problems (such as me, that I have a very slow gastric emptying and insulin puts me in trouble as soon as I eat many times), that device would come from pearls.

But as for the sensor size, the one with the Guardian is extremely large.A dead man who bothers.And as I understand, the G4 is similar in size.That size seems to me a loud.Especially annoying.I bothered me doing sports, flexions, certain compressive movements of the abdominal zone ... Anyway, a bit annoying.And sometimes I noticed puncture of the subcutaneous sensor, which I have never noticed with those of the Dexcom Seven.For not speaking the size of the Seven Issuer, which is perfect.I do not need the device to have a reach of stumbling meters.It is enough for me.The smaller the issuer, the better.Let's not forget that we talk about a foreign body attached to our gut (or where each one puts it), and the size is really important,

And I insist, Dexcom's usury with sensor pricing policy will penalize them.I was thinking about it, but that unnecessary mega -emitter, and the abusive cost and minimal duration of its irreplaceable battery is a damn shame.I remember even when a thousand polar pulsometers had an emitter who could not change the battery either.Complaints were frequent.In the end they claudicated and made the emitters had the possibility of changing the battery.The same should do those of Dexcom.It is not difficult.And taking into account that the sensor-emitter cannot be left there as is as the applicator places it because it would not last even 3 days, because I think it is possible to make an issuer with a battery replacement lid and that supports showers daily,Since all that we have to protect and cover as if it were a treasure, and we see them and we want to keep it stuck more than 12 or 14 days (and do not tell you if you do sports on top).

Anyway, yes.I am disappointed with Dexcom and its G4.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
08/23/2013 10:44 a.m.

Joseludi said:
In the end, how much do FER sensors cost you?.... I run 3 or 4 times a week and the little pot was going to give me a peace of mind before the hypos that I would be willing to pay it in my pocket

I also run 2 or 3 times a week, and I fall great to see bass pir the exercise, etc ... the cost is around 90 euros per sensor, they usually last 14 days.

fer's profile photo
fer
08/23/2013 11:25 a.m.

gondullo said:
The cost-benefit ratio I have nothing clear.Because it does not compensate for many people, the one with moderately stable diabetes.But for other people with concrete problems (such as me, that I have a very slow gastric emptying and insulin puts me in trouble as soon as I eat many times), that device would come from pearls.

But as for the sensor size, the one with the Guardian is extremely large.A dead man who bothers.And as I understand, the G4 is similar in size.That size seems to me a loud.Especially annoying.I bothered me doing sports, flexions, certain compressive movements of the abdominal zone ... Anyway, a bit annoying.And sometimes I noticed puncture of the subcutaneous sensor, which I have never noticed with those of the Dexcom Seven.For not speaking the size of the Seven Issuer, which is perfect.I do not need the device to have a reach of stumbling meters.It is enough for me.The smaller the issuer, the better.Let's not forget that we talk about a foreign body attached to our gut (or where each one puts it), and the size is really important,

And I insist, Dexcom's usury with sensor pricing policy will penalize them.I was thinking about it, but that unnecessary mega -emitter, and the abusive cost and minimal duration of its irreplaceable battery is a damn shame.I remember even when a thousand polar pulsometers had an emitter who could not change the battery either.Complaints were frequent.In the end they claudicated and made the emitters had the possibility of changing the battery.The same should do those of Dexcom.It is not difficult.And taking into account that the sensor-emitter cannot be left there as is as the applicator places it because it would not last even 3 days, because I think it is possible to make an issuer with a battery replacement lid and that supports showers daily,Since all that we have to protect and cover as if it were a treasure, and we see them and we want to keep it stuck more than 12 or 14 days (and do not tell you if you do sports on top).

Anyway, yes.I am disappointed with Dexcom and its G4.

Well then I will think about it, and it won't be due to lack of desire.The battery must also be a thing similar to what happens to Garmin pulsometers, specifically the Forerunner 305 and 310 models. The batteries have a life too short and once they fail you have to throw the pulseomethers, there is no possibility to change it.

Let's see if more companies that get into this line of producing continuous meters come out.The ideal would be a smaller issuer and that could be monitored in the mobile, without having another device in your pocket

DiabetesForo
08/23/2013 1:29 p.m.

fer said:
Joseludi said:
In the end, how much do the fer sensors cost you?.... I run 3 or 4 times a week and the little pot was going to give me a peace of mind before the hypos that I would be willing to pay it in my pocket

I also run 2 or 3 times a week, and I fall great to see bass pir the exercise, etc ... the cost is around 90 euros per sensor, they usually last 14 days.

Haven't you looked for if you can buy them online outside Spain?

DiabetesForo
08/23/2013 1:31 p.m.

I already tell you that if there are those who can use the mobile to monitor the data, what is no longer if they are good or not.

laurita11977
08/25/2013 7:32 a.m.

Laurita11977 said:
I already tell you that if there are those who can use the mobile to monitor the data, which is no longer there if they are good or not.

I don't know if you mean Laurita11977 to me.In any case, tell me brands, do not have to have seen meters who rely on a mobile.

Greetings

DiabetesForo
08/26/2013 3:06 p.m.

6 days ago I wrote an email to Novalab to ask for information about the Dexcom G4 and not an answer.This does not say much in your favor in terms of possible technical assistance and others.If it is because we are in August, it is not useful, everyone has the right to vacation, but someone should always be (imagine if you get an unforeseen or problem).

What a zero pattero to Novalab

DiabetesForo
08/26/2013 3:09 p.m.

Joseludi said:
Laurita11977 said:

I don't know if you mean Laurita11977 to me.In any case, tell me brands, do not have to have seen meters who rely on a mobile.

Greetings

If Joseludi, I tell you :)
Look at this Link for putting an example.I am also interested and I am looking for something but the truth is that I am not very put.When I looked I saw this one and as a minimum one more but it is true that I have no idea how they work.I also saw this symphony put this on YouTube echo

laurita11977
08/26/2013 3:37 p.m.

Laurita, if you go to the first page and enter the link that puts the website of C8-Medisensors gives the impression that the company no longer exists, which I think I already commented by Gondrullo.:( It was also said that the precision was not comparable to the current continuous invasive meters.

Echo therapeutics instead is very interesting, because it seems that it accesses the interstitial fabric without being invasive, Link but the video is from 2011 and in 2013 onlyThe model for hospitals is seen.Also on the Echo's website he says nothing when he will be available.

Link

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/26/2013 6:29 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

C8 Medisensor died early.The company broke.I think that the device technology is bought by another company, but I do not see it.

As for Symphony, it seems interesting, but he is a spectacular dead.I personally don't like it.If we have problems holding the Dexcom Seven minientor, I don't tell you what should be prepared to keep the Symphony box attached.That doesn't hold me there doing sports or day.in the end.We will see how it evolves.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
08/26/2013 7:33 p.m.

Of C8 Medisensor, it seems that the earth has swallowed.On the medisenser page they only sell dietary products, no electronic devices.

The echo therapeutics say they are still in the process of development.There is a video of more than half an hour (in English) that tomorrow with a little more time I wear it.If I get something clear (and I get to understand, of course), I say it tomorrow.I find it very interesting, not invasive, you don't have to pierce the skin, it is not calibrated, the mobile is used instead of having another device.It is clear that it will be better to wait for new things to come out.The Dexcom in addition to being very expensive, is the first thing that has come moderately decent and better things will come out

DiabetesForo
08/26/2013 7:41 p.m.

Gondrullo said:
The c8 medisensors died early.The company broke.I think that the device technology is bought by another company, but I do not see it.

As for Symphony, it seems interesting, but he is a spectacular dead.I personally don't like it.If we have problems holding the Dexcom Seven minientor, I don't tell you what should be prepared to keep the Symphony box attached.That doesn't hold me there doing sports or day.in the end.We will see how it evolves.

I imagine that it will be a prototype and that when they sell it they have managed to reduce the size of the sensor.The interesting thing is the research line that carries, not drilling the skin is already a great advance.As you say, we will have to wait ...

DiabetesForo
08/26/2013 7:48 p.m.

C8 Medisensor is dead.Symphony's The simple fact that the objective is for hospital purposes gives me that I can have a fairly good precision.From what I read in an article the future is a pump mix and continuous meter, I think they went on the market in 2014.
If Dexcom worked with mobile, we would be saving almost 1000 euros of the receiver, I imagine that the batteries will be put although in this type of market our interests do not always prevail.

laurita11977
08/27/2013 4:38 a.m.

I think I told you that Medtronic plans to take out the continuous meter like the Guardian, but without receiving unit.Only sensor, emitter coupled to the gut and our smartphone with software.That does look good.I expected it to come out this year, but it seems that it will be the next one.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
08/27/2013 7:14 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.