{'en': 'Calculate rations (carbohydrates)', 'es': 'Calcular raciones (hidratos de carbono)'} Image

Calculate rations (carbohydrates)

fer's profile photo   08/19/2013 8:08 a.m.

Calculating rations is simple ...

What glycemia rises are carbohydrates: everything that is born from Earth + milk (flours, tubers, vegetables, sugar, fruits, rice and a long etc.)
At first set only on them, then there will be time to refine much more (fats, absorption index ...)

The theory is:

10 gr.Carbohydrates are 1 ration
1 ration is equivalent to 1 ultrarapid insulin unit (Apidra, Novorapid, Humalog)

How do we know the amount of hydrates?

- If the food is not packaged we have to look and learn from tables that exist on the Internet or in brochures
- If the food is packaged the container usually gives us that information

3 rule, for those of the LOGSE :))

Let's say the cookies are 60 gr.of carbohydrates per 100 gr.Product total.
We weigh 1 cookie: 20 gr.

If every 100 GR ------------- are 60 of hydrates
20 gr.of cookie ------------------ XXXX

Here are mathematics:
We multiply 20 by 60, which gives us 1200 ...... and we divide it by the total 100 gr (1200/100) ... It gives us 12 gr.

12 gr.Carbohydrates would have 1 cookie
that is, we would need 1 unit and a little more ultra -granted insulin ... because every 10 gr.of carbohydrates equivalent, theory, 1 ultra -opide insulin unit.

This is the initial theory ... Each is a world and absorption can vary slightly ... but it is the only way to start controlling multidosis insulin.

(Courtesia message of Owash - Republicado)

fer's profile photo
fer
08/19/2013 8:08 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

So ... if I do it the other way around?For example ... if I want to eat 4 rations that touch me to eat macaroni?
If in the package it says that per 100gr.Contains 65gr of HC, how does it calculate it?
I think I've been missing a lot of time ...

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/19/2013 11:39 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

It would be another rule of 3:

If 100 gr of macarrones are 65 gr of hydrates - 40 grams of hydrates (4 rations) are x gr of macarrones.

100 x 40/65 = 61.5 gr of macarrones you would have to eat.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
08/19/2013 1:06 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you very much Mimbek, I print the thread and I hang it in the fridge: -BD

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/19/2013 1:40 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

you are welcome ;)

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
08/19/2013 2:28 p.m.

But in the pasta and in the rice are not 15 grams 1 ration?I have always told me that ... that is, it would be 60 grams that would correspond to 4 servings according to my calculations

n3r3a's profile photo
n3r3a
09/23/2013 3:48 p.m.

Moreover, I was talking about 20 grams for an exchange.

GonzaloI's profile photo
GonzaloI
09/23/2013 7 p.m.

DT1 desde 2002
Novorapid (a demanda con pauta 4-8-6) + Lantus (16)
Última glico 6,5
Colesterol e hipotiroidismo
Deportista aficionado de alta intensidad

Pasta and rice, are 15 grams every ration, in the European system.In the American system there are 20 grams 1 ration.

Use the one you want xD to me I like the American more

farstar's profile photo
farstar
09/25/2013 10:11 a.m.

N3R3A, both you and me are saying the same :)

According to the package I have at home ... 4 rations are 61.5 gr of macaroni.

61.5 / 4 rations = 15.3 grams each ration.

More or less it is the same.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
09/25/2013 10:51 a.m.

How is that of rice?It will be 15 grams of rice not 15 grams of rice carbohydrates, right?

laurita11977's profile photo
laurita11977
09/25/2013 5:15 p.m.

The rations are always 10gr of carbohydrates (15gr in the American) it doesn't matter if it is pasta, milk or legs, which will depend the amount of those foods to reach 10gr of hydrates.

tica's profile photo
tica
09/25/2013 5:27 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Question for Masters and Commanders;)

I have many doubts about how to deal with hypoglycemia (especially the nocturnal) So, the question is whether I take quick absorption hydrates before a hicfos, how long does the effect of those hydrates usually last in my body?And those of slow absorption?
I know that time for it to arrive in blood is 15 minutes but I don't know how much they stay in my body, I say it because there are times that my hand has gone in a hiccI know if it is because the effect lasts all night or that the fast upload it and then act the slow absorption.What do I explain fatal?8-}

laurita11977
09/26/2013 7:10 a.m.

If you use a flat slow insulin, it is enough to take a juice (if you are 60 would upload up to 120) with that it would be enough to wake up well.
But it depends on what time is the hypo and the exercise you are going to do later.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/26/2013 12:15 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

In my case I have had several hypo in the same night, that is to say, ... recovery again to recover again ..... although that I think is because of the excess of Lantus

laurita11977
09/26/2013 12:58 p.m.

LAURITA11977 said:
In my case I have had several hypo in the same night, that is to say down .... I recover again to recover again ..... although I think that is because of excess of lantus

It has all the excess of Lantus, yes.

cabronias's profile photo
cabronias
09/26/2013 2:14 p.m.

I don't know what time you get Lantus but, if you have nightlife, it will be better to put it in the morning

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/26/2013 8:29 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi Laura.The problem is that many times after a hiccup there is a rebound effect that causes sugar to rise a lot in the following hours.The cause must also be sought in the hydrates reserves that we have in the body, since we are very "empty" more glucose of rapid absorption so that it goes up and that is when, as you say, we can gohand.I also have a couple of night hypos a month and I usually take a liquid glucosport and some cookie.

GonzaloI's profile photo
GonzaloI
10/13/2013 5:43 p.m.

DT1 desde 2002
Novorapid (a demanda con pauta 4-8-6) + Lantus (16)
Última glico 6,5
Colesterol e hipotiroidismo
Deportista aficionado de alta intensidad

Is there anyone out there who knows how many mg/dl of blood sugar they rise for each gram of carbohydo that is taken?My loyal knowledge and understanding tells me that without this knowledge it is almost impossible to normalize blood glucose, overcome hypos and hyper.

Erguiye's profile photo
Erguiye
10/14/2013 2:31 a.m.

And since I am in it, you also have to know how many mg/dl lower the blood sugar for each insulin unit (not slow or ultra -senses) that you injepe.There is a very simple formula: 320/weight in kg = mg/dl decrease per insulin unit.

Erguiye's profile photo
Erguiye
10/14/2013 2:36 a.m.

Where did you get that formula?Because it doesn't work for me or I do it wrong, according to me, an insulin unit lowers me 6mg and that or joking ..... I calculate approximately 60 mg and depends on the time of day as well.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/14/2013 5:26 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.