{'en': 'Can you eat pizza with diabetes?', 'es': '¿Se puede comer pizza con diabetes?'} Image

Can you eat pizza with diabetes?

rocio's profile photo   09/11/2010 3:31 p.m.

Hello!Pizza for me is the most difficult food to control.It all depends on the pieces that you eat but I do not recommend that you eat too much.Keep in mind that they are all hydrates ... I would recommend doing it at home with spelled flour or some flour with low glycemic index.At least so you can better control insulin units and digestion sure is better than one of the Super or request at home.

MarioVivirYDiabetes's profile photo
MarioVivirYDiabetes
12/15/2020 4:47 p.m.

27 años. Diabético tipo 1 desde los 7 años
Tresiba 24 u.
NovoRapid: ratio 1ui-1ch. Mañanas 1.5ui-1ch
hA1c: 5,7%

The pizza would say that it is my favorite food ... but I know that I have to eat it in food, at night it means absolute uncontrol of blood glucose.

morganeta's profile photo
morganeta
12/21/2020 7:10 p.m.

Diabética desde 2002
Tresiba y Fiasp

It is a hydrates and fat pump.When I, I replenish insulin at 2 hours and at least twice.
Ideal for food time and a good afternoon of intense cardio.
In the dinners, I see a 300 all night

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/21/2020 7:27 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Based on insulin can eat everything, but from what my doctor says it is not good to inject large amounts of insulin.The truth is that I am so discouraged that everything does not matter to me.

For a pizza I shed 20 novorapid units, and if I am high, I add more units to correct, sometimes I do well, and sometimes not, and I have to correct later.My body does not always react the same yet with the same meals.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
11/07/2021 1:45 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

@Emily I do like you, as I don't want to diet, I do everything with insulin, I also put 20 and 30 units of fast and if there are many hydrates at two hours another 20 quickly and I control it and I have glocusilatedof 5.7, with the diets and without hydrates I feel very weak and I lose a lot

Greetings

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
11/07/2021 2:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Andrespmat said:
@emily I do like you, how do I not want to diet, I do everything with insulin, I also put myTwo hours another 20 quickly and I control it and I have a gocusiladas of 5.7, with the diets and without hydrates I feel very weak and I lose a lotType 1

Greetings

My glycosiladas are higher, not low in any way in 7, I oscrate between 7 and 7.5, so I don't care.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
11/07/2021 2:15 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.

@Emily in seven is fine, but if you can leave it closer to six better, try not to pass seven,

The principle was also in seven and seven with five, but if you exercise or walk in a hurry, that also lowers it to you, the exercise is as important as what you eat !!

Take care of yourself, a hug 🤗

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
11/07/2021 2:22 p.m.

evacf said:
rocio said:
hello, Hello,

I wanted to know if you can eat pizza, and what pizza you usually eat because I have already tried several and they all upload my sugar.

Is it better to buy the dough and do it with whatever you want? Buy them in some pizzeria?or buy the supermarket?

Thank you!all the best,

My son debuted EnN in 2017 and until 2020 we have not known how to eat pizza.Now thanks to Freestyle we see that we do it well.The for dinner is clicking 3.5 Humalog Junior insulin units for 4.5 carbohydrate units.When we want to have Pizza, we click 1.5 insulin units first and then when we see that the curve already climbs the rest of the two units we miss.All this to end up eating the same 4.5 carbohydrate units.It will deny the pizza if it carries more or less flour or cheese that the second puncture is before or after.In the end we managed to eat pizza better than other foods.

And how good it feels to eat like the other children

Thank you, it has been very useful.It seems that you understand the subject really well.I think it will be very useful to others too.

EurídiceJaimePagan's profile photo
EurídiceJaimePagan
11/07/2021 10:42 p.m.

Andrespmat said:
@emily in seven is fine, but if you can leave it closer to six better, try not to pass seven,

The principle was also in seven and seven with five, but if you exercise or walk in a hurry, that also lowers it to you, the exercise is as important as what you eat !!

Take care of yourself, a hug 🤗

I have other health problems, and sequels of an accident that do not allow me to do any kind of exercise, and I cannot walk much, and less at a fast pace, unfortunately.

Sometimes I think that if I had to run in a dangerous situation, I would only save a divine miracle, and since I don't believe in miracles ... hehehe ...

Thank you very much, and take care of yourself :)

Emily's profile photo
Emily
11/08/2021 1:23 a.m.

I do not usually eat it, because it uncontrolled me a lot, not only because of the HC but for the fats that in the end they end up becoming sugar also and in addition in a delayed way so if at noon I am correcting the whole afternoon and if it isAt night then all night.In the end it is not worth it and it is rare that the top.Making it at home always Bsera better because you control what you throw.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/08/2021 3:34 p.m.

My daughter, with Lantus, ate it with about 12 fast, but now with the Tresiba you have to be much more careful.
The basal influences a lot., at least to her the Lantus tended to go down much more.
Of course, it is getting much less slow now.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/08/2021 8:52 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I do and with 9 unid of Humalog I have enough.
Except meat that I don't like and I don't try it, I love pizza

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
11/10/2021 10:46 p.m.

It also depends on the pizza rations you eat .. ,,

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/11/2021 4:32 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

regina said:
also depends on the pizza rations you eat .. ,,

Normally 1 median

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
11/11/2021 6:47 a.m.

Yes, because the median with 9 is also worth it!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/11/2021 10:04 p.m.

joejunior said:
From ignorance, I would like to know if knowing the portions you know how to calculate the amount of insulin.That is, if you go out to a restaurant to eat, and they tell you the rations of each dish, you can calculate the bowling with your experience and control perfectly.There are restaurants that give the rations for their dishes, that would make it could be controlled perfect even, right?

For example, in places where food is the same everywhere (for example, fast food chains), if you already control the rations it has and how to handle it, you could have dinner on these sites with peace of mind, is it so?

In very few restaurants they have the nutritional analysis of their finished products.In McDonald's they have it in the back of the tablecloth and should make it mandatory in all restaurants.Thus it would be much easier to calculate it and we could go out to eat more often

Ladiabetica's profile photo
Ladiabetica
11/12/2021 12:33 a.m.

Diabetica desde 2015 con bomba de insulina

@Ladiabetica, it is best to start rehearsing at home and then you can calculate almost what you eat out.
Point everything to learn.
With practice the calculation is almost automatic and what you eat at home controls it immediately.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/12/2021 3:35 a.m.

evacf said:
rocio said:
hello, Hello,

I wanted to know if you can eat pizza, and what pizza you usually eat because I have already tried several and they all upload my sugar.

Is it better to buy the dough and do it with whatever you want? Buy them in some pizzeria?or buy the supermarket?

Thank you!all the best,

My son debuted EnN in 2017 and until 2020 we have not known how to eat pizza.Now thanks to Freestyle we see that we do it well.The for dinner is clicking 3.5 Humalog Junior insulin units for 4.5 carbohydrate units.When we want to have Pizza, we click 1.5 insulin units first and then when we see that the curve already climbs the rest of the two units we miss.All this to end up eating the same 4.5 carbohydrate units.It will deny the pizza if it carries more or less flour or cheese that the second puncture is before or after.In the end we managed to eat pizza better than other foods.

And how good it feels to eat like the other children

In my opinion, it is necessary to understand the essence of the problem.If you need to reduce the amount of sugar, the pizza without it will not be a problem.In addition, sports training will be the great assistants in such a situation.For example, I have recently read at Link about the different forms of sports activities at home.You can choose any of them, even during the quarantine period.And enjoy home at home along with your favorite pizza.

EurídiceJaimePagan's profile photo
EurídiceJaimePagan
11/16/2021 9:58 p.m.

I do not recommend it, or buy the frozen dough, or made of supermarket, if you want a pizza, ask for a good pizzeria (not telepizza) and only with Mozarella.It is healthier and natural ...

reina45's profile photo
reina45
12/08/2021 1:57 p.m.

Normally at 2 h to eat it I put more insulin because if the glycemia, mass and cheeses are not uploaded a lot of carbohydrates and fat with which it takes longer to go to the blood through that fat, I ate pizza one night one nightAnd at 2 h I did a control and I was at 117 I fell asleep and in the morning I was at 380, I always punctuate a 12-14 units and I know I will avoid that rush

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
12/15/2021 2:04 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.