{'en': 'Can you eat pizza with diabetes?', 'es': '¿Se puede comer pizza con diabetes?'} Image

Can you eat pizza with diabetes?

rocio's profile photo   09/11/2010 3:31 p.m.

Hello,

I wanted to know if you can eat pizza, and what pizza you usually eat because I have already tried several and they all upload my sugar.

Is it better to buy the dough and do it with whatever you want? Buy them in some pizzeria?or buy the supermarket?

Thank you!all the best,

rocio's profile photo
rocio
09/11/2010 3:31 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Of course you can eat pizza, although usually sugar is usually raised a lot but it is to control how much every pizza and things upload it.

I usually eat tuna with onion, vegetable, mozzarela, etc., because not as meat and those that I like the most.As for whether it is better to buy the dough, I have never made a homemade pizza but I suppose it will be more or less the same, although with the homemade you can have the most controlled hydrates.

All the best.

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/11/2010 4:32 p.m.

Of course you can eat pizza.What you need is to calculate hydrates to adjust insulin.

Whether you do it at home and if the supermarket purchases, the calculation is easy.In the house weights the flour and any ingredient that can have hydrates (cheese, for example).Once you know the total hydrates, divide by the number of portions in which the pizza cuts and that's it.
In supermarket, read nutritional information.

Pizzeria is somewhat more complicated, although they may have nutritional information.If not, you will have to calculate with an eye and correct.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/11/2010 7:56 p.m.

ok thanks what is not explained is never how much insulin put according to carbohydrates, the endocrine m djo q according to how the sugar has minxe 1, 2, 3 or 4 of novorapid, but not to explain how to put the insulin divingThe hydrates of carbon who eats, because there are more or less carbohydrates of carbohy212 It is normal that it goes so much so? Other days even more of Lantus m put 14 for the noxe, I have it very important if it is because it is not exactly the amount of insulin that I have to put or not be

rocio's profile photo
rocio
09/12/2010 9:49 a.m.

Dew:
You should ask your endocrine to explain the diet for hydrates (do you have an educator in the hopital where they take you?)
I calculate the hydrates and the rapid insulin that I click on a table that we have achieved my educator and I trying and testing.
I explain mine:
-& GT;My goal is to be with 100 mg of glycemia before each meal, if my blood glucose is superior, I have the next account:
Real glycemia - objective
------------------------------------
Sensitivity factor
My sensitivity factor is = at 50.
For example, if I measure me and I have 200 mg:
200 - 100 = 100 and this result is divided by 50 (which is my sensitivity factor) = 2
2 are the fast units that I have to click more.

Carbohydrates rations for me are: 10 g of hydrates = 1 ration = 1 fast insulin unit
That is, if 2 pieces of pizza have 40 g of carbohydrates, I would have to put 4 fast insulin units as long as I am in my objective glycemia value, and if I am not, to those 4 units would readto add those that were needed according to the table above.

But I already tell you that I have done all this with my educator after testing and more tests, so it is best to ask your endocrine.
;)

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
09/12/2010 2:06 p.m.

I cannot comment because I do not "use that", I am from the ojimeter, and what usually causes me is that it rises very slowly (like paella), I imagine that due to the fat it carries.Whenever I eat, it is for dinner, and I do not usually need to upload insulin, but when I go to bed, I get one quick, since at night it is when the damn pizza continues, and when I get up, I usually be a little high (between 170 and 200).

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/13/2010 5:57 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

In the case of my daughter, we wanted to do the test, in case we go out to dinner know what we are going.They gave us some tables with the equivalences for portions and weight.In the case of my daughter, 6 rations of HC correspond to him, according to the average pizza tables are about 5 servings, we check it with the weight and more or less it is so.As the average pizza did not eat, we were in charge of a pizzeria, we calculate more or less the rations that were missing and completed them with fruit and milk.In the control of before bedtime it was in its usual values ​​and when the same was lifted.
According to the tables they gave us, a pizza triangle equals more or less to a ration, in case it helps you.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
06/29/2015 11:36 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

You can eat everything.
The same is bought made by you, yours will be better for less additives.

As you tell you, you just have to know how much you have to put insulin to compensate for what you eat.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
06/29/2015 11:40 a.m.

You can eat everything.The problem is k if you fans hydrates at night it is possible to you are high for a long time you don't find out.
A pizza about 10o 12 servings

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
06/29/2015 4:01 p.m.

I the same as ana82, the best thing is that they teach you to take it that way, the pizza usually rises because although a fine mass looks like all flour and a compact mass.There are more singing q in a sandwich.And if you learn to take it by rations often looking at the product values ​​label there is no failure.Tb you have to point and remember how the pizza dough has been (if it is fine, thick, bread mass ...) q You have put yourself and what value you have at the hour and a half after eating it ... so littleLittle you will know what amount you need.I from that I tell it that way I can eat everything and my glyc is perfect!There is no failure.;)

Vetaes's profile photo
Vetaes
06/29/2015 9:50 p.m.

The best result I have achieved with pizza, is doing it at home.The bought usually bring sugars and other fats.However, the homemade, like a huge and great piece.Of course, I make a very fine dough.If you like it as the fine and crispy Italians I spend a trick: you have to take everything out of the oven and put the pizza on baking paper at the base of it, having preheated it for a while.And it remains that hallucinais.Since they taught me that trick every Friday we had a pizza.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
09/23/2015 5:14 p.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

jorditel said:
Of course you can eat pizza, although normally sugar is usually raised but it is to control how much every pizza and things upload it.

I usually eat tuna with onion, vegetable, mozzarela, etc., because not as meat and those that I like the most.As for whether it is better to buy the dough, I have never made a homemade pizza but I suppose it will be more or less the same, although with the homemade you can have the most controlled hydrates.

Greetings.

I don't think it's the same.We do it at home, with whole wheat flour and the dough very fine.It is also true that a person who puts insulin is not the same.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
12/25/2015 4:08 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Well I think the classmates have already answered.Of course, you can eat pizzas, the theme is to control the Slow absorption HC they carry.Putting insulin more than once for insulin or expanded bolics in microinfusora.You have to do the test and already handling you the units, see the rise time you have, the necessary total units, if you have performed sport before.
Insulin is to use it, always knowing how to handle it.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/25/2015 10:28 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

My daughter Ana carries with the bomb a month- although the first two weeks were not very representative because the bomb was broken, then they have been replaced and it has been with the new bomb for a week.-The Tuesday we both went to dinner to TelepizzaAnd we released ourselves with dual bowling, but the experiment came out quite regular, so we will have to continue practicing.The first difficulty was to calculate the rations of hydrates, and there was no nutritional information in view-I think it is mandatory?-.We calculated ten portions the individual pizza "of the garden" and two rations the potatoes gajo, and we put a normal bolus for eight rations and a square for four rations to spend in four hours, but as I say it did not turn out very well, at two hoursHe was in 103, but then he went up and at four o'clock he had 285, he put the correction that the Wizard indicated and two hours later he was still in 250, he ran again and finally went down to 140. When commenting with the educator hasexplained that we had to have calculated the fat-protein units, taking as an 150kcal measure obtained through fat and protein and considering each fat-protein unit as one more ration of carbohydrates, and therefore with the same insulin to metabolize it thatDetermine its ratio.He told us that the dual bolus in this would almost have to configure it by infusing the units corresponding to the carbohydrates in the first immediato bolus, in the case of the telepizza menu the twelve that we calculate, and in the square bolus the units destined to metabolizeFat-protein units, which would be more or less four... But I have several doubts.Doing it in this way, wouldn't it be much insulin for the first bolus?And more taking into account that fat makes blood glucose rises slowly ... and yetDual and square bowling?What proportion do you use and how long?Thank you very much;) I know they are things that are learned with practice and trial and error, but you always appreciate shortcuts and councils.

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
12/26/2015 12:39 a.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

Pizzas carry refinued flour with high glycemic index.In addition, the tomato sauces they carry, they are sung to quetar the acediz.And they also carry strong and fatty cheeses.The worst thing is that you don't know how many rations you are taking.So, it is better to avoid this type of meals or make it at home.But, you already have to do it with whole wheat flour, fresh cheese, and natural tomato ... etc total, it won't get so good.The good costs!
But health is more important!

mirleft's profile photo
mirleft
12/26/2015 1:22 p.m.

Each pump is a world in bowling, Animas has a bolus that what it does is put a proportional bolus during the time.
Depending on the levels I do not do the same if I am in 70 as in 130, for pizza I usually wear a mixed bolus.If I am in 130 an 80/20 proportion for two hours, if I am in 70 I make a proportion 60/40.
Well also depending on the quantity to eat, if I am going to eat more what I do also from the third time a baseline increase by 30/40 % for two or three more hours, this if it happened to me.
But of course there is also the subject that when I know that I am going to eat something of that style I hit a strong training to finish the same at most before dinner and everything said changes.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/26/2015 1:33 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Thanks @jconegar.As you say this is to try and know each other to adapt the bowling to how these, how much you are going to eat, activity etc.What I see is enormous possibilities to help us with temporal bowling and basal ones to everything more physiological and much more effective, let's not talk about flexibility.We'll already take the quiet.You don't know how happy my daughter is with the bomb.

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
12/26/2015 3:38 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

@ainhoa ​​I'm very happy to listen to that.
I wish I would have been as brave as she and years ago I began to think about the bomb I would have decided.Congratulate her please from me.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/26/2015 3:41 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

@ainhoa ​​that reason with the bolics and freedom of the pump, have been my first Christmas with a pump and the perfect figures thanks to the mixed bowling, the first day I spent a little and low to 66 at the end of the food, butThen cut with sugar and even bounce, as you say is to try.The other two comilones surpassed with note for me.
As Jconegar says congratulations on that courage, I would have started before

@rocio I pizza as a few times, better if I do it at home, because I calculate better, but you can eat everything and if I say in my case that it is homemade it is also because I like it more.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
12/26/2015 10:05 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@Gemater What a joy listen to you those words !!!!!!!!

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/26/2015 10:55 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.