{'en': 'Can you eat pizza with diabetes?', 'es': '¿Se puede comer pizza con diabetes?'} Image

Can you eat pizza with diabetes?

rocio's profile photo   09/11/2010 3:31 p.m.

@jconegar I am that I do not believe it, since my last visit with my endo I can touch the basal for free and try the bowling options, apart from starting the sport.I really don't know if luck or I'm caught the trick, but lately I'm nailing my figures !!

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
12/27/2015 12:56 a.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

I for the pizza apart from the Dual bolus what I do is use a temporary basal of 40% more for the next 4 hours to the food.In general it usually works for me.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
12/28/2015 5:56 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

From ignorance, I would like to know if knowing the rations you know how to calculate the amount of insulin.That is, if you go out to a restaurant to eat, and they tell you the rations of each dish, you can calculate the bowling with your experience and control perfectly.There are restaurants that give the rations for their dishes, that would make it could be controlled perfect even, right?

For example, in places where food is the same everywhere (for example, fast food chains), if you already control the rations it has and how to handle it, you could have dinner on these sites with peace of mind, is that so?

joejunior's profile photo
joejunior
01/14/2016 10:47 p.m.

@Joejunior in theory yes, but then in practice it is complicated since this is not always 2+2 = 4

They have you (or have) to calculate every one with HC you have to click a unit.A ration is 10g of HC.
For example, let's say that I need to prick me a quick insulin unit to metabolize 15g of hydrates, which is ration and average.

So if as something with 30g of hydrates, I sulked me 2 units and if I am at 100 glucose, at two hours I should be more or less in 100, after a curve that can be very ugly and want to turn off theDexcom
I have proven that Normally an insulin unit lowers me about 40 glucose (this is not an example, it is so).

So, if I am 150, I eat something with 30g of HC and I punctuate two units, I would be theoretically again at 150, so if I want to end the dose to 3 unit and end up over 100 or less.

You have to take into account several things such as the physical activity that you are going to do just after eating, and above all take into account the food absorption time, since some can climb very fast and make horrible curves (to avoid itIt makes a "prebrus": you click 5, 10, or 15 min before starting to eat) and others continue to climb much after two hours of having ingested it, when fast insulin no longer has an effect (fucking rice).

Then, even if you do everything well , the reality is something else, every day the body reacts as it gives it a little.Many despair when they see what many illogical things happen and others pass the subject and corrected.

I confess that not as for portions, I look tags and such but then go to the ojimeter.I tire me psychologically doing mental pirouettes before eating.I usually hit and when I don't care, I wear a corrector bolus sometimes even before two hours if I see in the Dexcom that the curve has risen a lot and does not look like down.Then you have to keep in mind that you have a bolus that will last two hours active, and another that has not yet ended its effect, so the curve hits a beautiful descent at the beginning.

From trying so much I already have mechanized what I need for each meal, for example an apple is 2 units, a 3ud sandwich, a yogurt 1 you, a mcmenu of cbo are 14 units, a pizza of Buitoni are 12 ... hahaha

It will always be a roller coaster, but if at the end of the day I see that the estimated hem today is less than 6.5 it is worth it.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
01/15/2016 12:08 a.m.

Be careful with the HC rations that put the chains, many not very real, I have come to check chain of pizzas themselves HC Pizza barbecue sauce than a simple york and cheese ham, and keep the fats into account.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/15/2016 12:56 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

You have to rehearse and point everything.
So you already know for the next, time.
My daughter Dinner Pizza many days, without problem, but a room.Solo.i

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/15/2016 11:30 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

And if dinner were with dessert included, it gets twice as quickly.
Sometimes you have to correct later

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/15/2016 11:34 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

With the Bolus accountant and the rations, the truth is that I am great.If it is true that it is sometimes a roll to tell everything, but I at least only tell HC rations, corrections, active insulin and the one I have to put on, the machine already does for me.
About eating outside and knowing the HC exactly that as ... Well, I have no shame, more than once I have asked directly and in some chains you can even ask for nutritional information, that they have and calculate it, but as Jconegar said it is not always trustworthy, as in some prepared dishes.For those cases as Regina says to try, correct and write down for the next

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
01/16/2016 midnight

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Hello!I experienced I have tried to make cauliflower base, and it is delicious and low in carbos.The recipe was a friend and this is:
Link
I skipped the cauliflower in the microwave, instead of an egg I put 2 (it depends on such a large cauliflower) and instead of almond flour that I did not have at that time, I put a spoonful of coconut flour.
I threw chicken breast, onion, zucchini, cherrys, pizza spices and Parmesan, you can put what you want.The base is not very crispy but firm.If you do not skip the passage of the mic as me, remove the water and surely it is more crunchy.I attach a couple of photos (if I find out how) and I encourage you to try, because it is much healthier and not so much insulin is needed to compensate;)

Anikadm's profile photo
Anikadm
01/26/2016 9:01 a.m.

It looks very good.I do not say that I will do it because I do not like the kitchen, but I keep the recipe in case one day it gives me to do it.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/26/2016 12:36 p.m.

Well yesterday ate 1/4 of ham and cheese pizza and I barely got the sugar from 161 to 166 and at night (at 1 in the morning) I had it normal 117

Juan_miguel1's profile photo
Juan_miguel1
02/22/2016 10:13 p.m.

I share:

Link

Marcos_J_M's profile photo
Marcos_J_M
02/22/2016 11:28 p.m.

Marcos - 26 años - Debut a los 14
Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

It doesn't even happen to me

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/14/2016 6:40 p.m.

I live in Italy, type 2 diabetics and not, I currently control my pathology only with diet and exercises ... I have proven that my glucose levels, after eating a small piece of pizza, goes out of the ordinary ...So Pizza nothing ... I think that type 1 diabetic has other freedoms ... greetings

nury's profile photo
nury
07/25/2016 5:43 p.m.

@nury "... I think that type 1 diabetic has other freedoms ..."
Can you quote those freedoms?Because if you mean having to inject more insulin, calculate when it will give me the glycemic peak and if I will fall short or not, for eating a piece of pizza;If that for you is a freedom, we are doing well, because I do not see freedom from anywhere, quite the opposite.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
07/25/2016 6:38 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Man refers to the fact that we can get a large amount of HC and if by chance we succeed the dose and peak, because we do not lite it much.

A type 2 without insulin, the metformin does not give much of itself, you cannot put 12 rations of HC suddenly because then they burst the glucometer.

That is why I am of the opinion that many type2 should have access to insulin to eat whatever they want and not be sentenced to very hard diets and that they are not healthy.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
07/25/2016 7:29 p.m.

Luvi ... I would not mean that for you it is easier ... I think that for everyone it is difficult, you in one way and we of another ... according to the opinion of my diabetologist, it is your opinion ... I amOnly his patient, "insulin would be ideal" ... today I do not take any drug and metformin was a tremendous thing, all the collateral effects have been and because I suffered them ... we are very of a weight loss of 24 kilos, I am still suffering the consequences ... and as Astorias says "the diets are hard and healthy swimFor now it is going well ... we'll see until when, you know this is a surprise box ... I greet you !!!

: -H

nury's profile photo
nury
07/25/2016 8:19 p.m.

Aranzauleg said:
You can eat everything.
The same is bought made by you, yours will be better for less additives.

As they tell you you just have to know how much you have to put insulin to compensate for what you eat.

I think the same.I like everything and if I know that what I am going to eat will raise my glucose, such as pasta and rice, I punctuate more units of fast.I refuse that this disease ruins my life.

diegomiquel's profile photo
diegomiquel
09/17/2017 8:49 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde hace 25 años 6,4 Hb1aC

I also like everything, pizza, paella, pasta, rice, sweets ... like all the hydrates that want me at every moment, I have the glucose I have, and I do not deprive me of anything, you just have to know the insulin to putAt every moment and how to put the bolus (waiting time, etc ...)

If you control your ratios and know how to act before elements such as fat-protein and certain types of a bit special meals, it is normal for things to go well.

I don't ruin diabetes either and I don't feel any lack of freedom at all, since I make all the plans made by the rest of the world and I have not stopped eating any food that the rest of my friends ever were ever eatenhouse, etc ... And with all that my hemoglobin moves between 6 and 6.5 always ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
09/18/2017 10:12 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

The same as bread.A pizza made at home with whole wheat flour will never be the same, than a buying of refined flour.
At home before diagnosing myself we already did them and now we continued to do them but with other ingredients.
My favorite is of oatmeal mixed with whole wheat flour, its base of mozzarela, and spinach sautés with pinions and mix of cheese to gratin.
Quite healthier, as you can see, that the frozen of the super or telepizza and with a lot of fiber.
You have to try to modify habits, but maintain the things that we like by adapting them to our situation without permanent punishment.
I encourage you to try it, in addition to young children you can spend a fun time doing the dough and decorating the pizzas.Surely they love it ...

Lettyle's profile photo
Lettyle
09/19/2017 2:34 p.m.

Diagnostico Abril 2017
TTo: Toujeo 8 U y novo rapid en función de las glucemias postpandriales
HbA1c : 5.3

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.