{'en': 'Hypoglycemia in the street.What do you carry in your bag?', 'es': 'Hipoglucemias en la calle. ¿qué lleváis en el bolso?'} Image

Hypoglycemia in the street.What do you carry in your bag?

valky's profile photo   09/09/2013 8:25 p.m.

You walk down the street, you have been walking for a long time and you start noticing the heavy legs, something dizzy or thinking about other things you should not.

You say, I'm going to look at me alone in case.You are looking for a corner or a little busy street, or I ask my partner to make me a wall while I look at how much I am.50!There are no feeding stores around.The fastest, use the bag.

What do you carry in the bag for these cases?

Something that raises sugar quickly and you can leave it there without spoiling if you don't need it in a month.You will not carry a Zumito Brick in your bag every day at all hours.

I tried the sugar but with the time not to use them and the widows of the bag, they end up breaking and filling the sugar bag.
I brought cookies of those that go in individual bags, but when I had been using them for a while, they ended up crumbled.

I had the crazy season of wearing some chocolate, but apart from not climbing quickly and having many fats, everything was undone.There is the option of lacasitos that do not get so undone (for the sweets and me:-\ ", but they don't climb quickly) [-x

The diabetic educator gave me the idea of ​​bringing jelly beans, and now it is what I carry, he even told me that for example 8 jelly bears of those sugar are like a ration of HC.I bought myself as a tiny minituper that would be well closed so that sugar does not escape.

What can be carried in the bag that does not occupy much and that can be left there if it is not needed and that quickly uploads sugar in cases of not having anything else by hand?

Greetings,

valky's profile photo
valky
09/09/2013 8:25 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

You can wear glucosport pills (in my case I don't use them because I am not sure how many should take a hypo ... If someone can help me, thank you!) So I carry some tubes that sell in plastic decathlon, thanIt is pure glucose, there are several flavors and it is from the Aptonia brand (that does not spoil or that of 3).I have tried them and for a holy hand hipay ... in 5 min I'm up.I also usually wear energy bars, it depends on how they are with half -eating is already enough.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
09/10/2013 3:19 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Read what I wrote recently in my association's blog, Valky

Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/10/2013 4:14 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Glucosport exists in 2.5 and 5 grams tablets.The 2.5 is equivalent to half a sugar, which is very little and does not replace an important hypo, so you should take two tablets or one of 5 grams.This was told in the hospital the diabetological team of my daughter so I suppose it is a good reference.I hope it helps

cristinusky's profile photo
cristinusky
09/10/2013 4:45 a.m.

There is no longer Glucosport on 5th -year tablets. For several years they are only 2.5 round pills.A broadly criticized erroneous decision, not only for reducing the amount of glucose per pill, but for the type D packaging, since the previous one was practically indestructible, ideal for nautical sports such as surfing, etc.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/10/2013 5:12 a.m.

For me the best are sugar envelopes.I carry them in the inner pocket of the bag, and it is true that more than once, I have gone hand and was the scattered sugar and the empty envelope.Now what I do is, if I have not spent them before, I check them and if the container is very spent, I leave it at home and take new envelopes.At home they are always used, so there is no problem.I take an envelope, at the little time I do control and depend on how it is, I continue with what I was doing if I have already recovered or take another one and I do control after a while ...
What surprises me to read here is because some of you hide to you to do a simple control ... I do not know I have never done it in more than 20 years as a diabetic and less if I notice a hypo, I will not be going aroundSee if I find a corner ... I suppose that is already personal, but I don't think I have to hide from anyone ... and I don't think anyone looks at whether I am doing a control and it will faintFor a droplet of blood that I don't think anyone can see ...

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
09/10/2013 5:43 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

I also usually wear sugar envelopes, normally 4 or 5, in my pants pocket, I also check them because sometimes, some breaks, but apart from that, it is the most comfortable thing I have found to date.

I have to confess that since I read a thread on the subject of hiding or not to inject the insulin and do the controls, I have lost the "respect" that gave me it, and lately, I am not going to the sink of the bar or restaurant, ifNot that I do it directly at the table, yes, with some discretion, thanks intruders for your messages on the subject !!!;-)

fer's profile photo
fer
09/10/2013 6:14 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I carry a little bottle with candies but I almost never use them I ended up buying something.
I never gone to the sink to prick, I do it very discreetly but at the same table.
A health

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
09/10/2013 6:26 a.m.

Since Gondrullo put the diabalance glucose gel post, it is what my son always carries.It is indestructible and is stored anywhere.Even this year on the beach, in the wet swimsuit pocket!
I have to see those Decathlon boats that Mimbek comments, to see how much they occupy ...

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
09/10/2013 9:03 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

jellyla ...

cabronias's profile photo
cabronias
09/10/2013 10:01 a.m.

Link

This is what I say to get an idea if you are going to take a look!The size is 10 cm.When I have hiccup I take it whole, it seems that there is a lot but in reality the tube is in half ... it takes very well.It is like a "puree" of fruits.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
09/10/2013 10:51 a.m.

Mimbek, do you take the entire tube whether you are 40 and 65?
Anyway, it seems very expensive ... a 50 sugar boat is worth € 1 in Carrefour and at least it is much easier to raise the hypo in a controlled way ...

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
09/10/2013 11:46 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

The good thing about the sugar is that you can control the doses although this gives me that it rises much faster.With respect to the 15G the famous 15/15 rule I believe that you do not have to take it to the letter, as you say your intruder is not the same to have 65 than 40, you have to play a little with that factor and withKnow if you are falling, stable or in the process of recovery ....... if this were so simple :)

laurita11977's profile photo
laurita11977
09/10/2013 12:50 p.m.

That it is a bit expensive I will not deny it, of course there are more economical things.Whenever I do sports I carry it and I use it when I am less than 60 ... I know that it goes up very fast.And in the bag I also carry, but as you say ... all the hypos are not the same, you have to know what is convenient to take depending on how you are or what you are doing.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
09/10/2013 1:13 p.m.

But Mimbek has ever produced you?

laurita11977's profile photo
laurita11977
09/10/2013 1:53 p.m.

An envelope of Diabalance or Gluc Up 15 gel have a ration and a half, which is the standard to overcome any hypoglycemia.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/10/2013 2:29 p.m.

That I remember not, either it is that I needed it to take many times.I take it, I wait about 5 or 6 min and I measure me (I hope so little time because I know it goes up quickly) I usually give 90 or so ... and then go up a little more up to 130 - 140.

This is my experience so far, I have diabetes for 9 months (I'm still on a honeymoon) ... and so far it has worked for me ... but come on, each one is a world ... and each one is affectedin a way.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
09/10/2013 3:47 p.m.

Thanks for the advice, I will try the decathlon's tubes and the gel, I had not heard of them.About the corner, I have insulin many times also with dissimulation, but to look at me, it seems more cumbersome, more disrupted, between the meter's zipper, I click on my finger, I keep the skewer and pass the 5 seconds,And closing again, as better stay in a corner without disturbing the rest of the street passers -by, but I suppose so, that I still have to lose some modesty.What makes me funny is that we will all be super discreet, because only once I have seen a person to click in the distance.;)

valky's profile photo
valky
09/10/2013 5:24 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

Ahoro I carry envelopes of Gluc Up, which has been talked about in this forum.On one occasion I had an hiccup, I took an envelope and at 15 minutes I had about 100 sugar level.

I have had several hypos and in all at 10-15 minutes the Gluc Up leaves you at excellent levels.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/10/2013 7:57 p.m.

For me, the Gluc Up 15 and the Diabalance "Fast Effect" are very good (Eye, that there is another "sustained effect" diabalance and does not rise as well.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/13/2013 1:23 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.