{'en': 'Hypoglycemia in the street.What do you carry in your bag?', 'es': 'Hipoglucemias en la calle. ¿qué lleváis en el bolso?'} Image

Hypoglycemia in the street.What do you carry in your bag?

valky's profile photo   09/09/2013 8:25 p.m.

Joseludi said:
I have been envelopes of Gluc Up, of which it has been spoken in this forum.On one occasion I had an hiccup, I took an envelope and at 15 minutes I had about 100 sugar level.

I have had several hypos and in all at 10-15 minutes the Gluc Up leaves you at excellent levels.

Regardless of how much more insulin have you put yourself?:-/

If so, it is wonderful, almost magical!\: D/

fer's profile photo
fer
09/13/2013 1:27 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thank you for all to information, this weekend I will go through the Decathlon to look at Aptonia.And about Diabalance and Gluc Up, where can you buy, in pharmacies?

valky's profile photo
valky
09/13/2013 2:25 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

Hi, I'm new and I'm hooked on this forum.I always wear juice because my daughter is very ppequeña.Hallucino with searching where to do in control.Where !!!!!!!!

White's profile photo
White
09/18/2013 12:07 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The Diabalance is going very well, the envelope is comfortable to open and adapts to any space, I have not broken any inside (still) like sugar envelopes.It is a bit expensive but it is very effective.The sustained effect I use it for the nocturnal hypoglycemia that I do not notice, if it were not for the Dexcom;I also carry bars (a couple) of samples (hazelnuts or almonds, they are the ones that best endure the tute inside the bag), and if there is a bar or soda machine near a can of cocacola is a holy hand, for loss of sugar and sugar/or tension.Well this is my experience.

Vidalete's profile photo
Vidalete
09/18/2013 1:01 p.m.

Valky said:
Thank you for the advice, I will try the Decathlon tubes and the gel, I had not heard of them.About the corner, I have insulin many times also with dissimulation, but to look at me, it seems more cumbersome, more disrupted, between the meter's zipper, I click on my finger, I keep the skewer and pass the 5 seconds,And closing again, as better stay in a corner without disturbing the rest of the street passers -by, but I suppose so, that I still have to lose some modesty.What makes me funny is that we will all be super discreet, because only once I have seen a person to click in the distance.;)

I don't hide at all (only in the curro for certain themes).It even seems fun how people look at me sometimes when clicking or measuring me.However, in doing so blandly and naturally most people do not realize.The more the people try to hide it.

cabronias's profile photo
cabronias
09/18/2013 2:29 p.m.

It is that our life is part of the controls are done naturally because our children will learn and those around them.
This is more related to the topic of school
Greetings to all and congratulations on the forum

White's profile photo
White
09/19/2013 6:11 a.m.

What could be used as a substitute for the sugar terron?That is to say something that goes up fast, that does not have a lot of 0.25 rations or so and that it is small?

laurita11977's profile photo
laurita11977
09/19/2013 7:20 a.m.

Laurita1977, if you read the previous page of this thread, you will see information about what you are asking.
Here are some info written by me on my association's blog on this subject.

Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/19/2013 7:28 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I have replaced Glucosport pills, with drinkable ampoules of the same brand, but I have not yet needed to use them.Of course, I have had to take them protected in a container because you break and fill your pockets of sticky fluid.The reason for the change is that, it seems that it rises faster being liquid.
On the other hand, it has missed the concern of some in case by attacking with these products the hypoglycemia, it goes up more than the account.The important thing is to act quickly.Don't you think?

JuanIB's profile photo
JuanIB
09/19/2013 8:04 a.m.

Juanib said:
I have replaced the glycosport pills, with drinkable ampoules of the same brand, but I have not needed to use them yet.Of course, I have had to take them protected in a container because you break and fill your pockets of sticky fluid.The reason for the change is that, it seems that it rises faster being liquid.
On the other hand, it has missed the concern of some in case by attacking with these products the hypoglycemia, it goes up more than the account.The important thing is to act quickly.Don't you think?

Hi Juanlb,
The concern is because the glycemia peaks are not good at all, you should try to have stable nivles as far as possible, so if you give you a hicc as a hicc.Great, if you upload you to 300, it's not so great ...
I do not know how to explain with more technical words or the reasons or the consequences but surely someone here knows how to explain perfectly if you are interested.

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
09/19/2013 8:55 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Thank you Gondrullo, your article and it is fantastic, it is more now I use the glycup15 and it works very well.What I am looking for is something smaller because if I take one with 65 or so you can upload a lot, the glycosport option is fine but before I took them and it already gives me a little of .... :)

Juanib, is always better makes a controlled climb, nor are hypos or hyper good.In my case I am pregnant and the rebounds are nothing good.

laurita11977's profile photo
laurita11977
09/19/2013 9:03 a.m.

Glucosport always in the pocket.At home, liquid, which is absorbed faster.In addition sometimes it is complete with an energy barrista.Of course, in recent years Glucosport has been put by clouds.

GonzaloI's profile photo
GonzaloI
09/19/2013 6:25 p.m.

DT1 desde 2002
Novorapid (a demanda con pauta 4-8-6) + Lantus (16)
Última glico 6,5
Colesterol e hipotiroidismo
Deportista aficionado de alta intensidad

Hello everyone !!I contribute my grain of sand to the subject.My son has an overd sugar and diabalance.The sugar envelope so that we have not broken it in an empty reactive strips (logically) :)) and also carries the diabalance but the latter does not like anything, it also usually carries some cookies that we change periodically so thatSwarling.
Greetings: -h

Enma's profile photo
Enma
09/20/2013 8:29 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

A condensed milk tube is also practical.Give a lot, but you will have to calculate how much each "drink" uploads.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/20/2013 11:33 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I usually wear two things: since childhood I took a Kinder egg and took advantage of the plastic boat to wear it full of sugar although care must be taken when opening it because it can be poured;On the other hand, for a couple of years I have been chewable white marking candy of the Mercadona (similar to the lifelong sugus) that with three and in a short time they put you in tune.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
09/20/2013 12:17 p.m.

Fer said:
Joseludi said:
I ahore I have envelopes of gluc up, of which it has been spoken in this forum.On one occasion I had an hiccup, I took an envelope and at 15 minutes I had about 100 sugar level.

I have had several hypos and in all at 10-15 minutes the Gluc Up leaves you at excellent levels.

Regardless of how much more insulin have you put yourself?:-/

If so, it is wonderful, almost magical!\: D/

So far, the times I have taken it has left me at quite good levels.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/20/2013 3:04 p.m.

Perfect then;)

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
09/20/2013 5:22 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Forgive but I think that how things are today in Spain I think there will be many people with diabetes that cannot buy glucose pills in the pharmacy;Without going any further.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
09/21/2013 6:54 a.m.

The cheapest option is still sugar in envelopes, although I liked to see that there are better options to carry it, a Kinder egg?!:-))

I loved it !!!^:)^

fer's profile photo
fer
09/21/2013 8:21 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

That is true AJD.These days with all the information you have given me, I have been looking at, the Aptonia in the Decathlon, the Gluc Up and Glucosport in the pharmacies, AH and the Diabalance, and the gels are the most expensive, about € 6 for 4 over 4,There are weeks that would end up without problems (more if I go by bike), so it is a slightly high expense to be continuously.It is great to know that they exist and the same one day try them.I am also looking at the sugar terr, but I do not find those squares that are involved individually with paper, like those before, do you know where there may be?

valky's profile photo
valky
09/21/2013 5:12 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.