{'en': 'Hypoglycemia in the street.What do you carry in your bag?', 'es': 'Hipoglucemias en la calle. ¿qué lleváis en el bolso?'} Image

Hypoglycemia in the street.What do you carry in your bag?

valky's profile photo   09/09/2013 8:25 p.m.

I find them anywhere, it is great because 4 are 1.5 of hydrates, we go what you need to get out of hiccups, the grace is that you are not low you can take 2 or 1 .....

laurita11977's profile photo
laurita11977
09/21/2013 6:37 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

fer said:
The cheapest option is still sugar in envelopes, although I liked to see that there are better options to carry it, a Kinder egg?!:-))

I loved it !!!^ :)^

That is a surprise kindergarten.

laurita11977's profile photo
laurita11977
09/21/2013 6:38 p.m.

In the Eroski you can find the sugar terrochites!:)

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
09/22/2013 9:14 a.m.

My daughter has a couple of sugary juices and several glucosport ... my husband the glucose gels of those you speak ... what is clear is that you have to use fast action hydrates and check if it has been traced, if it isThus, ensure blood glucose with a half ration of slow hydrates ...
With jelly beans?They upload you fast?

Velia's profile photo
Velia
09/22/2013 10:12 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

With the Gomola bears, of those who are coated with sugar, my educator told me that 8 bears were a ration, and I take them in a minituper.The good is the sugar that is left at the Jiji base;)

valky's profile photo
valky
09/23/2013 3:50 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

A teaspoon of dissolved sugar in a small glass of water you drink it and in 3 minutes you goodbye to the hypo.Nothing to pass or you will have a banding towards hyperglycemia.Cheaper, impossible.You can also take that same sugar without water, hair or accompanied by a little water.

Erguiye's profile photo
Erguiye
09/24/2013 1:47 a.m.

I carry the sugar in a tube that is used for urine samples.They give it to you at any health center.It is airtight and nothing is bulging.But the truth is that I have had no need to take it but it is good to always carry it over if the flies.

Erguiye's profile photo
Erguiye
09/24/2013 2:06 a.m.

Thanks for so many ideas.Another doubt that sometimes I have when I look sugar in the street is, what do you do with the strip used?Do you throw it on the street, or do you keep it and then throw it at home?If there are not many people shooting it in the street, in some corner or that coincides with some sewer or paper, and it is that it is full of blood, it gives me something that is thrown out there.

valky's profile photo
valky
09/29/2013 7:25 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

I keep them in the case of the meter by cost and when I have many, I throw them at home or at work.
Don't throw anything down Valky Street![-X

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
09/29/2013 7:33 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

I put it back in the paper where it comes, I keep it in the bag and shot at home, or if it catches me close to a paper bin.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
09/29/2013 7:47 p.m.

I never at home (well at home it is impossible not to find some under the bed) if I can throw it in a bin, but put it with the meter and in the end I carry like a million strips in my bag.Occasionally cleaning and end ...

tica's profile photo
tica
09/30/2013 7:02 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Normally, I put it again in the broken plastic/aluminum wrapper.

fer's profile photo
fer
09/30/2013 8:27 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Since I met him when reading this thread, use Gluc Up 15 and the experience has been positive.Quick recovery and great format to carry it in any pocket.I want to insist on what I said in a previous post, about the importance of speed in attackSubjea, well immediately or correcting in the next meal.While hypoglycemia can lead you to wake up with 112 reviving you and take you to the hospital.That is the importance I give to one and the other.I get up many mornings with 300, I have already got used to seeing those figures in my meter.The rest of the day, the fight to keep it at acceptable levels.

JuanIB's profile photo
JuanIB
10/22/2013 4:08 p.m.

Ah, another thing.If the hiccups happens to me at home, I have not found anything better or faster than the Coca-Cola, being half a enough can, in my case.

JuanIB's profile photo
JuanIB
10/22/2013 4:10 p.m.

Hello, I have created a new topic on "When your finger is punctured. How do you clean the droplet?"You can find here:

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
10/28/2013 8:27 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello, because in the short time that I have been used to putting sugar in the boats of the strips, well washed it is a very good place because it closes very well and the sugar is never spilled.Ahh!!!!And the mwjor 0 euros.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/30/2015 1:31 p.m.

Well, I wear dextrose pills and rise more or less fast, when the dexcom pita in 100 times is in 80 and one already feels the heaviness in the body and notes that continue to go down.
I start with a pill and wait about 10 minutes, if you are still on a platform and trace quite well.
Greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/30/2015 3:41 p.m.

I apart from the sugar (a classic) and some energy bar I have discovered in Decathlon some tubes of Aptonia (Energy Gel) that come in boxes of 6 and that they upload me about 60-80 mg very fast, now I also have them inThe bedside table ..

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/30/2015 11:24 p.m.

Afterego said:
I start with a pill and wait about 10 minutes, if it is still down as half a banana and traces quite well.
Greetings

Go carrying a banana in the bag!Je, jeee ...
My son carries gluc-up overflows.They are not too expensive, there are several flavors, they are stored even in a pocket (even from the swimsuit while you bathe), they quickly raise their levels and do not produce hyperglycemia later.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
11/01/2015 11:04 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

My daughter also uses the Gluc Up envelope, when she goes out in her pants pocket and now she does not give her great rebounds, and she is also phenomenal when she has a career, she wears it in her hand.When you go to school or with me it also usually carries a juice or some sugar envelope, you don't always feel like glyc up.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
11/01/2015 11:44 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.