{'en': 'Flu vaccine', 'es': 'Vacuna para la gripe'} Image

Flu vaccine

Ana82's profile photo   09/30/2010 12:09 p.m.

I return to this thread because this year's anti -plan vaccination campaign begins.
I think I have only caught the flu a couple of times in my life and it has never been anything serious, so I prefer not to put on the vaccine (about 13 years that I do not fold me).But this year, given the coronavirus epidemic, I am considering putting it on.
Those who, like me, do not usually put it on, what are they going to do this year?

Sayonara's profile photo
Sayonara
10/08/2020 3:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I beef every year since I am diabetic.

amiranda's profile photo
amiranda
10/08/2020 4:40 p.m.

DM 1 desde octubre 2008
Fiasp
A1c: 5,6% diciembre 2022
Bomba de insulina Minimed 780G y Guardian Connect 3 desde marzo 2021

@Sayonara I will put it on this year but because I am pregnant and just in case I prefer to follow the recommendations.If I weren't I would not put it on, I just put it the year I debuted.It happens to me that I have had 2 or 3 flu in my life as much and slight.Since childhood I have not ever been sick or ever to stay in bed, if Catarro or flu pillo is just a little mucus, sore throat and discomfort but nothing serious.In addition, the effectiveness of the vaccine is very questionable and against the Coronavirus does nothing, they are different viruses.In addition, with all the measures we are taking this year, the infection of the flu will be reduced.It is not like other years that you were always in contact with someone sick, this year between the mask and the measures of distancing at work and others I believe that the chances of taking the flu come down a lot.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
10/08/2020 5:10 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

I'm not going to put it on.
They call me every year, but I reject it.
I have taken the flu once in my forty -first years.
Teleworking and with a mask, I see it more difficult than ever.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/08/2020 5:59 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I just put it!

Just when I started with diabetes about 2 years ago I took a flu.It was when there was a very strong flu wave throughout Europe.And the truth is not good.I don't know if it will protect me but just in case I wear it.Before I never put it on!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
10/08/2020 7 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I have never had flu.I am vaccinating for the first time last year and I will do this too.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
10/08/2020 8:44 p.m.

Yes, I think I have never taken a flu or before or after I vaccinated, I debuted with 11 years and even adult I did not start to do it, I beef due to type 1 diabetic and by health, I am a family doctor in a cHealth and we see everything.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
10/08/2020 10:24 p.m.

I beef since the age of 19 due to chronic throat problems, the doctor suggested it to see if it reduced the number of infections (every 3-4 weeks I had infection) and resulted, I went from having an average of 12-15 infections by infectionsYear to 2-3, so I always fake myself, and since I started with diabetes even more, if I do not control glucose, I prefer not to think about it ...

cgs's profile photo
cgs
10/09/2020 12:03 a.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

My daughter and I were vaccinated, it was only missing that we caught both things, flu and c ovid.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/09/2020 4:05 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well, after 2 or 3 million calls to the health center, I had to go in person to give me.The first thing they have told me is that there were only vaccines for seniors, risk group ... by telling him that I have diabetes (and teaching him the pump) has agreed to give me an appointment for next week.Another more vaccinated year!

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
10/09/2020 8:03 p.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

I will come, like last year, that it was the first one that the Ministry of Health recommended it ...

Of course, I have not sent me SMS or I see anything in healthy -ares ... Does anyone in Madrid know anything?

anif's profile photo
anif
10/10/2020 1:44 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

I do not get cattle every year, but this year it seems to me that it will be important to do it.

I will call to ask the center, to see what they tell me.;)

fer's profile photo
fer
10/10/2020 4:41 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

On Thursday they called my father from the health center.He retired this year and had never put the vaccine.It is curious that some are called to give them an appointment and others have to go in person to ask for it.

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
10/11/2020 9:09 a.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

ana82 said:
hello!

The era of flu vaccines is coming and we are supposed to be one of the risk groups that has to put it on.

My question is as follows: Do you vaccinate each year?

I have only vaccinated myself once, years ago, and it was just that time when I took the worst flu of my life (other years I have not taken it or has been a simple catarrillo).

It is only for pure curiosity.

Thank you!

In the case of my 13 daughter, she has always been vaccinated.We have never had a problem and such unpleasant flu has never been taken.

Mario_S's profile photo
Mario_S
10/11/2020 10:38 a.m.

I have only been with diabetes for a year.The past did not put on the vaccine because everything caught me.This year, with the covid and on the recommendation of my endocrine, I think I will put it (I have never put this vaccine before).I will call the health center to see what they tell me about when I have to go.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
10/11/2020 10:42 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Hahahahaha yes or no?The eternal dilemma !!
Whoever puts it on and the one who does not put it on !!
I am certainly in favor of science !!

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
10/11/2020 11:33 a.m.

jorditel said:
I have only vaccinated myself in my life but I think I've never had flu ...:?

As for taking the worst flu when you vaccinated you, I suppose it would be for the vaccine itself.

Already leave urban legends that we have for the government.It is proven to satiety that the components of the flu vaccine do not generate flu.So who says that he has caught a fluazo when he was probably incubating the flu and did not have time to avoid it, the antibodies take several days to be operational.Or simply made an association, but simultaneity does not imply causality.
Asking rumors without base only helps make them stronger and that people who must be protected give up.This year it is especially important to increase coverage, because flu co-infection and COVID19 can take many people ahead.

juanluis1957's profile photo
juanluis1957
10/11/2020 12:14 p.m.

I have only vaccinated once more than 20 years ago. I have had something compatible with the flu, but I have overcome it without problems.

RUBIOARES's profile photo
RUBIOARES
10/11/2020 12:58 p.m.

Hellooo!I debuted as a diabetics in 2017 and from that same year I have vaccinated every year included.They recommended it at first both the educator and the endocrine, and my header confirmed it, so I've been vaccinating for 4 years.I have never caught a flu, neither before or after, although last year I reaction and I was with angina

Anaaa's profile photo
Anaaa
10/11/2020 3:18 p.m.

We all know what we should do for our good and everyone's.Although there are always people who deny until the existence of the coronavirus ....

carlos70's profile photo
carlos70
10/11/2020 4:15 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.