{'en': 'Flu vaccine', 'es': 'Vacuna para la gripe'} Image

Flu vaccine

Ana82's profile photo   09/30/2010 12:09 p.m.

Hello!

The era of flu vaccines is coming and we are supposed to be one of the risk groups that has to put it on.

My question is as follows: Do you vaccinate each year?

I have only vaccinated myself once, years ago, and it was just that time when I took the worst flu of my life (other years I have not taken it or has been a simple catarrillo).

It is only for pure curiosity.

Thank you!

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
09/30/2010 12:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good question! ... I had a similar experience, the first time I vaccinated the worst constipated I remember ... Now, in following years (they are already 3), I have insisted and the truth that I have spent a clean winter, clean, so my balance is 3 to 1, in favor of vaccination.;)

Eye!, These data are my personal experience, not extrapolate!

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
09/30/2010 3:44 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I beef every year and for the moment I am doing well.

Greetings

Cloud

Nube's profile photo
Nube
09/30/2010 3:51 p.m.

Diagnosticada en Agosto del 2009, solicite la curva de glucosa, diabetes melitus II, actualmente tomo Jentadueto, dos al día. Glicosilada 6,4

I also beef every year, the truth is that I do not remember when I had flu the last time: D but I still beef myself .....

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/30/2010 4:17 p.m.

I've only vaccinated myself in my life but I think I've never had flu ... :?

As for taking the worst flu when you vaccinated you, I suppose it would be for the vaccine itself.

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/30/2010 5:59 p.m.

Angel vaccines every year since the moment of debut.Never (I touch wood:-/) A flu has passed before 'put it or later.The last year the "normal" vaccine was put on, but that of flu A no and according to your doctor A. but come on, a couple of days of a fever and little else.I would swear that was not the flu.
This year it seems that the normal vaccine carries some of the A and that makes me distrust a little, because milk I have to put that, if I don't want to.

DiabetesForo
10/01/2010 3:28 a.m.

Honestly (and it is not to be pool), I do not understand this perpetual suspicion to the flu vaccine.We take a lot of medications a year (some unproven, or with more side effects than a volume of the Larousse) and nobody says anything, the doctor's recipe is taken, it is taken as he has said and chitón.But the flu vaccine ... ufff ... periglo !!!And I ask ... why?What are you fear of a vaccine?If there is any medication that I consider to trust me, it is a vaccine, which only consists of a small amount of the virus that I want to protect.And we also do not talk about the virus of a very serious disease, but about a simple flu.And if we can avoid it thanks to the vaccine, which activates our immune system and helps you create the necessary antibodies in time ... Why am I going to do it?

I will wear it.As every year (last year with the Virus of the A included).By the way, this year the Cocktail of the seasonal vaccine includes strain of the flu virus A. (last year all God suspicion of the damn to ... And this year or God speaks of the fact that in the normal vaccine, that virus enters... what damage does the media do, by God).

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
10/01/2010 4:17 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Gondurulo, of course Angel will wear his vaccine whether or not with the A included A virus (which remedy).I know that vaccines have saved and continue to save many lives but that is why they stop having a bit of "fear" because there are also cases in which vaccines have done more bad than good.I would have liked not to mix the two flu vaccines, that if you want to put the A you put it apart.

DiabetesForo
10/01/2010 4:31 a.m.

This will be the third year that Noe is vaccinated by the flu and I with it, last year it also put on the A and has never had any side effect nor has flu or anything taken.I certainly do not consider whether or not, I put it on, in fact I already have an appointment for Tuesday ...

DiabetesForo
10/01/2010 4:54 a.m.

The theme of influenza A is something complex: it was too hype so that later it was nothing (some may even take advantage to do business at their expense) so I do not trust the vaccines for that ... butI will think about putting the flu in case the flu.

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
10/01/2010 11:33 a.m.

Gondurulo has already said it ...

For the misgivings, last year in the face of doubts that were with the adverse effects of flu A, what I did was wait a prudential time to see if there were problems .... soon I spent the flu to :)) So) soI no longer vaccinated, of course.
Yes I did it of the "normal" flu like every year since I have diabetes.

DiabetesForo
10/01/2010 1:40 p.m.

My son for having asthma and I for diabetes 1 we will empt like last year.I have also had thoughts of doubt and suspicion but finally with all the insulin injections that I put one more ..., heh.Before having diabetes it was contrary to medicines and believed that it was best to let our body act without intermediaries, but now that I live thanks to medicine I thank medical professionals for investigating and achieving medications that give us more and better life.

maravisa's profile photo
maravisa
10/02/2010 4:09 a.m.

Well, I have a serious dilemma.

Until now, we have vaccinated Celia every year, of normal flu.When the flu vaccine came out, I was going to put it on, until I read a news that shot me all the alarms: according to certain studies, the vaccine increased the probability (always small) to suffer a Guillain Barré syndrome.Most will not sound at all.It is a "rare" disease, autoimmune (that word sounds like something) and very "sonputa."To put it in an understandable way, the immune system attacks the nervous system, paralyzing almost everything (in extreme cases it is deadly)

And there comes the problem, that I would not even consider, if not because my mother has suffered a Guillain Barré for a few years.That makes me think that Celia can have a genetic predisposition to suffer from it, and it gives me panic that the vaccine can be the trigger.

In Oviedo they tell me that the probability is minimal and that the vaccine is safe, and that Celia, diabetic and asthmatic, has to put it on.

His GP says that it is better to face 100 flu than a Guillain Barré, who does not put it on.

To be or not to be, that's the question: shock:

DiabetesForo
10/08/2010 8:21 a.m.

Ufff..Alea, with how little I need to worry .... I :?... Well, girl no idea ... I am not very positive that it is dialed: oops: the lottery will not touch us but this: ?: ... Jooo and now what do I think what do we do?Angel who is already paid to two autoimmune and the fuck of Las Ronchas, which namely "class" are ... Well, we have time for Monday.Now I don't know :(

DiabetesForo
10/08/2010 8:46 a.m.

I have never vaccinated, I do not usually take strong flu and the truth is that I try to medicate what is really necessary, I already have enough with the diamben.

antoni's profile photo
antoni
10/08/2010 11:49 a.m.

The vaccine is still a public health action rather than personal health ... In fact we have a legal obligation to do so.
So, in the case of Celia ... I would not vaccinate her, as a precaution.

DiabetesForo
10/08/2010 1:44 p.m.

Alea, I did not vaccinate her ... that minimum "probability .... is also minimal of p'asra type 1 diabetes, and here we are.
I had never vaccinated the flu until last year that I was vaccinating from the normal and the other (of the A, are they going to take until they reach the z?) ... ah, and as alreadyI commented at the time, I didn't mutter anything weird.

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
10/08/2010 3:28 p.m.

I would not vaccinate it, it is an important risk.

Kisses

Cloud

Nube's profile photo
Nube
10/08/2010 3:44 p.m.

Diagnosticada en Agosto del 2009, solicite la curva de glucosa, diabetes melitus II, actualmente tomo Jentadueto, dos al día. Glicosilada 6,4

I have never been vaccinated and I haven't had the flu since I rare luck?Maybe but anyway I prefer to pass the flu before going through all the discomfort that vaccines produce me

annasira's profile photo
annasira
10/09/2010 12:05 p.m.

Indeed, the flu vaccine is especially indicated in diabetes and other chronic situations, in fact the coverage to diabetics is one of the quality indicators that some administrations handle (I leave here a link to the processes of attention to the diabetic of the SAS if you wantMore information):

It only clarifies one thing: no vaccine is 100% effective, and protects against the flu, not in front of other viral paintings (colds ...)

On the other hand in winter and with a flu -like picture I recommend that you also analyze urine (kidney infections can be confused with flu)

All the best.

pedro jiménez's profile photo
pedro jiménez
10/11/2010 3:51 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.