{'en': 'How is the character of a diabetic?', 'es': '¿Como es el caracter de un diabetico?'} Image

How is the character of a diabetic?

fer's profile photo   03/08/2011 9:08 a.m.

This comment is the sciche of other parents of children with diabetes they relate it to use insulon
Well, Angel is a child, a quiet character, but it becomes irritable sometimes not much patience.
Many times I must put it in its place.
I don't know if it is due to it
What I hope when it is bigger should know how to control your humor;)

9406 's profile photo
09/19/2017 3:31 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I think that the character is the same as always, but is affected by everything: the hyper, the hypo, the frustration because today you have not done anything to give you a peak and there, the lack of empathy of the people.
I personally have always had a weird prompt, but since I started with this it is true that I am in a lot of worse humor and especially at home, it is already known what they say "where there is confidence gives disgust" ....

Lettyle's profile photo
Lettyle
09/19/2017 2:13 p.m.

Diagnostico Abril 2017
TTo: Toujeo 8 U y novo rapid en función de las glucemias postpandriales
HbA1c : 5.3

I think it is quite influenced by the fact of being.Glucose fluctuations is unquestionable that they affect our humor, character or as we want to call him.More instability, frequent humor changes, many of them as a result of knowing that it is a ailment, slavery, a continuous concern that over time ends up undermining our physical health and what may be so serious, our mental health.
The continuous news about healing expectations ... better to save them.They do nothing but throw firewood on the fire.Then there is that kind of bitterness and disappointment of thinking, knowing that the whole problem, for reasons that I will not comment, is in a lack of will to end it.
Greetings.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
09/22/2017 12:10 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

Hello !!!!
20 years ago, when Anabel debuted, a lady in the hospital told me "now you will know how character, patience."Ana was always strong, but her humor changed, not precisely for the better.
With loneliness it is more complicated because of its mental condition, but we do notice that when it is more altered than what you usually, its values ​​are not low.
My husband was never easy character, rather it is an "acid candid" hehehe, he gets in a bad mood when he is high, but I think it's because he hates punctures !!!!, I have more to inject it or Ana, he still cannot be injected alone: ​​((, he tries and hardens his whole body, worsened with his Steff Person :(.

ibapatri's profile photo
ibapatri
12/22/2017 12:55 p.m.

Por orden de debut:
Anabel a los 4 hoy 25 años
Soledad a los 19 hoy 31 años, discapacitada mental severa e irreversible.
Mi marido Abel a los 59 hoy 62 años
Todos insulinodependientes

When I am in Hicm, I feel a huge difficulty to concentrate and I am tremendously irascible and irritable.It is better to leave me alone ........... :))

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
12/23/2017 3:54 p.m.

eliminated

alegrefr's profile photo
alegrefr
01/29/2018 8:25 a.m.

hansolo said:
is curious.I have always read the change of humor to people with diabetes in hypoglycemia situations.And it has never happened to me.I am very stable;A unpresentable always.

The sense of humor that does not miss.Sensational

Lauropolis's profile photo
Lauropolis
05/24/2018 11:49 p.m.

Sometimes it happens to me that diabetes depresses me ... I explain myself, I plan with my partner to walk on a Saturday morning, we put the alarm early, we have breakfast soon and get in motion.

Soon having left, I begin to see that the quick glucose, the arrow of the vertical monitor and down ... and start thinking if you have to go back, cancel the walk or that ... my partner that gets muskBecause he wants to continue with the plan, it is thought to be an excuse for not walking ...

I feel pressed, fear for the possible descent, what if it goes more? What if I need glucagon?, While I would also want to continue walking normally, but the diabetes stands.

I believe that these situations, although they are not specific to each person's personality, do affect the way others perceive you, and in some way, they forge your character in front of others.

fer's profile photo
fer
05/13/2022 9:11 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

An ex -girlfriend of mine detects my hypoglycemia before myself ... with that is all said.

12mas37's profile photo
12mas37
05/13/2022 11:51 a.m.

I believe that is why the term type 3 diabetes is, which is the one suffered by the closest relatives.

I have to admit that at first I turned a bit (quite) despot.Everything had to revolve around my diabetes.Departures, meals, schedules, vacations etc.Also in my case with hypoglycemia I am not yet to speak and I have ever said something that I should not.

And I have to thank my wife's insistent broncas to put myself on my site and remember that it was not the center of the universe and that there were also other people around me with other problems.

I have already managed to control a lot and prevent the whole conversation issue from turning to how the day of glycemia, sensor graph, factors, etc. has gone to me.When I am with friends, family I avoid talking about "my diabetes" and I try to follow other conversation issues.There are already days that I do not speak at all about diabetes!But it costs the truth to be controlled because it is always present.

A daily effort.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/13/2022 3:29 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@Fer that happens to me and do not always understand that I do not do it because I want, that I cannot control 100%glycemia.

I argue a lot with the theme Restaurants.My boy likes anti-Diabetics: Chinese, Peruvians, Mexicans, Italians, ... all of high hydrates menus.

It is a continuous effort not to think about diabetes when you leave home.Right now I am writing in the subway and I have put 3 units fast in front of everyone (I hope to reach more than 200 for some strawberries) ... My boy tells me that I am already riding the show ... Anyway.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/13/2022 7:14 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

What a spectacle, as if we liked it or we find us pleasant to @s @ruthbia

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/13/2022 9:07 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Aaaaaaix ... how complicated it is to explain these things ... or live it, or it is not understood, even if you convince a person 24 hours a day, patience, we have no other!:#

fer's profile photo
fer
05/13/2022 9:56 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I debuted in September and the character has not been graduated.I am very Zen, I try to enjoy as much as possible of what is within my reach.Of course, I have released charges that I think I no longer have to take and look more at myself.
What put me in a very bad mood, irascible and aggressive tad (verbally, is understood) was premenstrual syndrome.I became MR Hyde, anything offended me and answered some edge.
When I have low sugar I refrain from discussing why it costs me a lot of effort, the words do not flow, I can't express myself well.Change of theme and let the occasion pass.
So, in my case, I am a peaceful diabetic and I don't like to shout;): D

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
05/13/2022 10:31 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Almost all my life was diabetic since I debuted with 12 years, or at least, the part of the life in which you take awareness of your personality and the way you handle your links.I cannot speak from a before and after because of the age I started, but I do I think we are irascible.I never wondered if it is a chemical or biological issue for diabetes itself, or if it has more to do with the frustrations with which we face day by day.I guess they are both .. but it is not important to know, and another stain to the tiger .. What does it change?Diabetes always, but always, is a risk factor in any disease, situation and in whatever you can think of in life, so it does not attract attention that also condition us the character or mood in general.I do not know, perhaps, taking awareness of it and working it, the anger can be controlled .. no idea, I do not want to spend more time than I already dedicate to diabetes, in addition to counting, punctures, ups and downs, do meditation, do meditationfor character? ..
On the comments, it helps me to read both types, the realists and the "optimistic".I spent all my life listening to my parents telling me that I could perfectly have a normal life.What they did was minimize and deny my problem but not my charge, which generated me guilt for not being able to have that normal life that they could have.I re -identify myself with the most realistic comments, they reflect what I feel and do not contradict them at all with the optimists (although some touch of illusions and already pass the ridicule), because one thing is what it is and another is that people with diabetesLet's take care of the reality that we had to live (there is no other), and being realistic does not mean that we take over, which is what matters ultimately!The other, making the most tolerable reality, self -conventing that we make normal life, it seems good to me, they are mechanisms of the mind and use them to face many realities, not just diabetes .. In short, it was what my parents did.
Salú!

Sami's profile photo
Sami
05/13/2022 11:15 p.m.

fer said:
sometimes it happens to me that diabetes depresses me ... I explain myself, I plan with my partner go out to walk on a Saturday morning, we get the alarm early, we have breakfast soon andWe start up.

Soon having left, I begin to see that the quick glucose, the arrow of the vertical monitor and down ... and start thinking if you have to go back, cancel the walk or that ... my partner that gets muskBecause he wants to continue with the plan, it is thought to be an excuse for not walking ...

I feel pressed, fear for the possible descent, what if it goes more? What if I need glucagon?, While I would also want to continue walking normally, but the diabetes stands.

I believe that these situations, although they are not specific to each person's personality, do affect the way others perceive you, and in some way, they forge your character in front of others.

Fer, I also hiking and what you tell has happened to me.I have stopped, eaten something to go up and find myself better, to follow.I have no partner that has happened to me with friends and the truth, they have not put any problem to the break.It is as if you go with friends and someone gets tired, because it stops and that's it.
I recently signed up for a group excursion with snow rackets.There I was worried because not knowing people is more uncomfortable.It was a pizon that I will not repeat again 😂😂😂.But the curious thing (it would be stress) is that on an empty stove, burst, I put on 200, which on the other hand preferred a downturn, so when we stopped to breakfast I ate a sandwich of protein bread and did not even put myself quickly and soThere was no risk of hypo.And just after breakfast I started going down ...
The rare things of diabetes.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/13/2022 11:59 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

salad said:
I debuted in September and I have not been graduated.I am very Zen, I try to enjoy as much as possible of what is within my reach.Of course, I have released charges that I think I no longer have to take and look more at myself.
What put me in a very bad mood, irascible and aggressive tad (verbally, is understood) was premenstrual syndrome.I became MR Hyde, anything offended me and answered some edge.
When I have low sugar I refrain from discussing why it costs me a lot of effort, the words do not flow, I can't express myself well.Change of theme and let the occasion pass.
So, in my case, I am a peaceful diabetic and I do not like to shout;): D

I just like you, I'm also very zen.And with the downsual unable to discuss or get angry, it has sometimes given me to the lazy laugh, as if it were placed ... 😂😂😂

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/14/2022 12:02 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I do not know, I read many, patience do not understand us, they do not understand us, I think that we are a bit narcissos the diabetics, nor do they have to understand, or anything, the disease is ours we must endure it, or we want to be the center of attention,Or maybe the soul of the party, always the same, do not understand us, nobody has to load with the disease of another, I never wanted my partner to be worried about my diabetes, the poor thing has enough, worrying about me, as well asTell him that he does not understand me, and if I believe that the one who clicks in front of the people likelike to go as many go, sponsoring the day of diabetic pride ,,

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
05/14/2022 9:08 a.m.

I consider that putting insulin where you have to do it is not to claim "diabetic pride."If your head hurts you take a pill and nobody says anything, or the inhalers when you cannot breathe by asthma or allergies.
Possibly in large cities it goes unnoticed and gives everything more the same.

We endure the disease, of course, but it affects those around us in certain circumstances.In my case I have lived 40 years without being diabetic.There is a before and after.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/14/2022 11:34 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 We are complaints, every stick that endures its candle, let's not ask that our stick hold our candle.
What happens that in the backMy opinion, but we like to load the other with our problems, maybe in the backso narcissistic and that's why we are diabetic

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
05/14/2022 12:06 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.