{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

Hello, good morning, I wanted to ask you where I have to start to put this glucometer to my son.He is 15 years old and I know that when he is away from home he lazkens to get the glucometer and less controls are done than those who should and think that this could be a solution to be much easier.The fact is that I do not know if I have to go if or if I can request it to the laboratory on my own.Thank you so much

Anaa's profile photo
Anaa
12/06/2015 1:02 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Anaa, you can sign up directly on the Abott page, no authorization is needed, there is still waiting list but I think they are already warning enough people.
I think that if it is a good solution because it is true that when we are out of home with people and others it becomes more lazy to get the barteles or directly you do not want to get them in front of the people, with the FREDo without problems

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/06/2015 1:56 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Thanks Gala, I have already requested it and says they have no availability, do you know more or less how long does it take?

Anaa's profile photo
Anaa
12/07/2015 10:14 a.m.

I wait 9 months, but now they say they are going faster.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/07/2015 11:30 a.m.

The average is 8 months, for January it is supposed to say the rumors that there will be sensors for everyone almost without waiting list and an official ABBott application for the mobile, but we will see ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/07/2015 2:42 p.m.

I made my first sensor order last Wednesday I have called because I have not yet received them and they have told me that there is a delay because the truck has not been able to leave Paris for the summit.
In Paris do they have the warehouse ???
I have to change it on Saturday, but I can not.

Anaisabel
12/09/2015 2:42 p.m.

It seems to me a barbarity that gives you some a difference of 30 or 40 regularly with capillary measurement.

I don't know how they let a device be approved like this without the possibility of calibration.Abbott's power is incredible.

A simple daily calibration would surely give you total precision in a constant way as it happens with the Dexcom (I only calibrate 1 time and spare), but for Abbott it seems more important to be able to put in its advertising what the punctures ended inThe finger, which is more false than the flat effect of Lantus.

And that is supposed to free freeyle is approved to make insulin administration decisions without prior capillary control ... take care ...

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/09/2015 4:13 p.m.

artories said:
It seems to me a barbarity that gives you some a difference of 30 or 40 regularly with capillary measurement.

I don't know how they let a device be approved like this without the possibility of calibration.Abbott's power is incredible.

A simple daily calibration would surely give you total precision in a constant way as it happens with the Dexcom (I only calibrate 1 time and spare), but for Abbott it seems more important to be able to put in its advertising what the punctures ended inThe finger, which is more false than the flat effect of Lantus.

And that is supposed to free freeyle is approved to make insulin administration decisions without prior capillary control ... take care ...

I prefer it that way, although I am wrong I see it unimportant.The fundamental thing for me is trends.And so you don't have to calibrate.
How much error do you have the dexcom?

rafach's profile photo
rafach
12/09/2015 5:50 p.m.

Diebetico desde hace 12 años. Ultima hemo 6.9%. Usuario de freestyle.

I am from your own opinion, @rafach.

Anaisabel
12/09/2015 5:53 p.m.

Any of those who have the free, have you proven if you have lowered the glycosilada?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/09/2015 6:13 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I haven't done analytical yet, so I don't know.
I have not put it to lower the glycosilada but to take better control in my day knowing what happens in different situations.

Anaisabel
12/09/2015 6:19 p.m.

Yes, but come on the analytics to know.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
12/09/2015 6:20 p.m.

I do nothing but see in the different threads of this forum that there are different days, positions, medications, places of placement of the sensor in the body etc, etc. that give erroneous values ​​both in the free and in the Dexcom (with its calibrations)So I don't know what part the truth is to stay ..

I personally have tried 2 sensors of free and in values ​​less than 100, it was practically identical to that of the capillary and in more or less high values, it gave me between -22 and -30 mg/dl with the capillary glucometer so making the sum andI knew how I was taking into account that as @rafach said for me, the important thing is the flechite.I have both put myself in my arm as they advise, I imagine that if you put it on thigh, buttocks, leg, or gut the values ​​can be good or vary a little more ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/09/2015 6:26 p.m.

I am the same in the thigh as in the arm.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
12/09/2015 6:28 p.m.

@Regina I do not carry the free freestyle (it is not approved in the US) but the Dexcom, and I tell you that my glycosilada from 6.5 in February to 5.6 in July.The measurement continues to improve control and should be financed if or if, what happens is that as there are still no broad studies that demonstrate most of the governments they say that it is not worth financing them.
On the other hand, not only glycosylated hemoglobin lives the diabetic, I believe that you also have to take into account the quality of life that is gained with these devices, which is much.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
12/09/2015 7:22 p.m.

rafach said:
artories said:
seems to me a barbarity that gives you some a difference of 30 or 40 regularly with hair measurement.

I prefer it that way, although I am wrong I see it unimportant.The fundamental thing for me is trends.And so you don't have to calibrate.

Dexcom If you calibrate it well, that many people do not (you have to do few daily calibrations. Do not calibrate in hiccup values ​​or very high values. I do not calibrate either in ups and downs, but to do them only when the graphflat time and you are sure that there is no quick insulin in your body acting and you have already digested all the hydrates eaten) should give very similar values ​​to the capillary when the trend is flat.

Right now it marks 98 Dexcom, 97 capillary.The differences are usually at most 10 or 15, always clear that the trend is flat, comparing intersitative and capillary measurement in increases or casualties is absurd due to the 10 -minute delay.

Anyway, glucometers have all a margin of error that is not insignificant, so they are not the word of God.But Dexcom, having calibrations all their measurements are based on your glucometer, those of the free are based on a "factory calibration" to speak in some way, so it is much more difficult than the key with your glucometer, and still the truth the truthIs that it does an excellent job when the sensor is good.

But I would personally prefer that it could be calibrated, even if it were optionally.

@regina My first and unique Hemo has been 7.5, now with Dexcom I estimate that my next hemo will be 6.2, with less than 1% of the time below 70. And of quality of life I do not even speak, another world.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/09/2015 7:31 p.m.

artories said:
rafach said:
arctors said:
arctors said:
seems to me a barbarity that gives you some a difference of30 or 40 regularly with capillary measurement.

Dexcom If you calibrate it well, that many people do not (you have to do few daily calibrations. Do not calibrate in hiccup values ​​or very high values. I do not calibrate either in ups and downs, but to do them only when the graphflat time and you are sure that there is no quick insulin in your body acting and you have already digested all the hydrates eaten) should give very similar values ​​to the capillary when the trend is flat.

Right now it marks 98 Dexcom, 97 capillary.The differences are usually at most 10 or 15, always clear that the trend is flat, comparing intersitative and capillary measurement in increases or casualties is absurd due to the 10 -minute delay.

Anyway, glucometers have all a margin of error that is not insignificant, so they are not the word of God.But Dexcom, having calibrations all their measurements are based on your glucometer, those of the free are based on a "factory calibration" to speak in some way, so it is much more difficult than the key with your glucometer, and still the truth the truthIs that it does an excellent job when the sensor is good.

But I would personally prefer that it could be calibrated, even if it were optionally.

@regina My first and unique Hemo has been 7.5, now with Dexcom I estimate that my next hemo will be 6.2, with less than 1% of the time below 70. And of quality of life I do not even speak, another world.

Free does not need to calibrate it, in fact in most sensors if I have made the capillary measurement it has been almost to do it (saying for vice was going to be a little pretentious, hehehe).I would have practically threw the 2 weeks of life without clicking on my finger.

In other sensors the values ​​to those of the capillary have been less adjusted, even so I also prefer not to be forced every day to do the calibration

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/09/2015 8:15 p.m.

That is the good thing, that there are different options for different needs or opinions.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
12/09/2015 8:20 p.m.

Dexcom man does not force you to make calibrations, that is, if you make them clear that it will be more precise, but does not come to look for you.For example, the "official" is that it requires two calibrations per day, one every 12 hours.And I only put a newly raised and it is like a shot unless you have had saw teeth throughout the day that it is logically more difficult for precision to maintain.

@joseludi I know that the sensors that go well are usually quite precise without the need for calibration and it is a great technological achievement of Abbott, but in my opinion not to offer calibration not even optionally has been too well left over and perhaps if I had thePossibility less precise sensors could be "fix".

@rafach It is clear that there are opinions and needs for all tastes, and especially pockets with different possibilities and we are in a ruined country.

Those who read me for other threads know that I am not precisely a dexcom commercial and I try to be objective, Dexcom puts a lot of cane with many issues as you have already seen.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/09/2015 8:41 p.m.

It was just curious about how Free is reliable .., I know that Dexcom is doing very well.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/09/2015 8:55 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.