{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

Very good afternoon, is already the sensor placed correctly.The only thing now is that less the first value that has given me was 80 and when I check it with my sugar meter it was 135 then the rest always appears the word low and in my meter I still have about 100 or so.

Does anyone know if the first is this normal?

All the best

dhl1986's profile photo
dhl1986
11/27/2015 8:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yeah.I put them on a day before activating it because it takes a few hours to give correct values.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
11/27/2015 8:37 p.m.

Diebetico desde hace 12 años. Ultima hemo 6.9%. Usuario de freestyle.

The truth is that customer service can not be put any paste (at least in my case)

At the beginning of the summer a sensor took off and they sent me another without asking me to return the bad.

Now, a week or something else ago, I called to tell them that the strip put it in the free reader and the reader did not turn on to put the blood droplet.They told me that they would send me a reader and a box of strips.Well, yesterday I got the package with a new reader and a box with a sensor !!!I don't know if it will be a mistake or not, but I will not claim to send me the strips instead of the sensor, hehehe

Together with this, I have sent me some plastic bags and a wrapper to return the old reader without shipping costs for me

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/27/2015 9:01 p.m.

To me that the first day did not get out of 90 at any time and marked me like 4 hypoglycemia, the commercial told me that the first day could be sernormal, then it was fine

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/27/2015 9:09 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

From the first day it has given me almost almost equal values ​​than my usual glucometer.Tomorrow I will put on the second sensor I hope it goes the same as this.[-O <

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/27/2015 10:51 p.m.

I have already removed my first sensor and has not hurt anything and that is not stuck!
I just put another and now it's time to wait.

Anaisabel
11/28/2015 3:37 p.m.

Well, I was going well to these 3 last sensors.Interestingly, 20 units are approximately higher than the capillary when I am in normal ranges.They rarely adjust as much as the sensors did before.
I just put another and now it's time to wait.

What does nothing hurt?Little feeeeeee woman, hehehe

DiabetesForo
11/28/2015 7:43 p.m.

Well, Ami right now after a fair day with him and about 8 clicks and other readings is the first that has varied almost nothing.Have if you keep like this

dhl1986's profile photo
dhl1986
11/28/2015 9:20 p.m.

As @rafach says, if you put the sensor one or two days before activating it you usually have reliable results from the beginning.To me the last two or three that I have put on me 10 below the capillary during the 14 days

DiabetesForo
11/29/2015 11:07 a.m.

It seems that this is also going well.The first comparison if there were 32 of difference, the six more measurements that I have also looked at capillary, 6-10 apart.Tomorrow I will check several times and I will give party to my fingers :)
@joseludi, to see if the next sensor is better.
In the end I did not put a new sensor one day before.

Anaisabel
11/29/2015 2:42 p.m.

In my family, my daughter and my husband are diabetic.Do you know if they would share reader?
thank you

mogi's profile photo
mogi
11/30/2015 5:25 p.m.

The reader only recognizes a sensor.You can't activate two sensors at the same time @magi

Anaisabel
11/30/2015 5:59 p.m.

mogi said:
in my family, my daughter and my husband are diabetic.Do you know if they would share reader?
Thanks

If you activate a sensor, as soon as you activate the second sensor the first one was automatically unused.

DiabetesForo
11/30/2015 6:33 p.m.

Hello everyone,

After many months of waiting, on Monday I started using my free freestyle.
Until today it is a non-stop by taking measurements and seeing the teencies that are really reliable, which in my case does not work well, is the result, almost always 30-40 below the result obtained by traditional method.Do you know what those differences can be due?Why does that happen to us in some cases and in others not?

Another issue that I have detected is that after recovering a hypo, the results via reactive strip are faster than via freestyle, I mean that I am already in normal conditions, and through freestyle, I still mark hiccFreestyle Example 50 TIRA 130 (much more difference than those usual 30-40)

We are reading.

titepotaup's profile photo
titepotaup
12/02/2015 7:33 p.m.

The outcome of the free or DEXCOM sensor is 15 mnts +/- before the time you have done it with the traditional glucometer (it is always so), that is, if you pass the free and puts 100mg/dl it isThe result of 15 mts ..

Do not worry, it also marks me more or less 25/35 less than the capillary except when I am lower that they approach much more ...

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/02/2015 8:46 p.m.

When I'm low is when there is a lot of difference.If I am with the Free in the Glucometer 65 (this has happened to me once)

Anaisabel
12/02/2015 9:10 p.m.

@titepotaup Interstitial measurement (that of free and dexcom) has a delay of about 15 minutes with respect to capillary measurement (the drop of blood) as the companions have told you.

When the glucose level is stable, the interstitial and capillary data are usually more void

As for the difference you always have, it is a mystery, if you discover why I fuele it in the forum, hehehe.I personally have always done very well (almost listed the drop and sensor drop data), but the last 3 or 4 sensors always give me free about 30 more than the capillary.If I am high then the difference is much greater.Even so I am satisfied, I see trends and I can anticipate, I see how food, exercise, as I am at night, etc. affect me, etc.As someone said (I think it was gala) is like watching a movie in several photos (puncture on the finger) to watch the enterita movie (free or dexcom)

Give free chance, bad sensors come out although they are usually precise

DiabetesForo
12/02/2015 9:31 p.m.

Joseludi said:
mogi said:
in my family, my daughter and my husband are diabetic.Do you know if they would share reader?
Thanks

If you activate a sensor, as soon as you activate the second sensor the first one was automatically unused.

Hello @titepotaup, as @joseludi said, when you start a second sensor, the previous one cannot be read by the same reader.If you want to save the purchase of a second reader, for now there is only one solution.You will need the original reader to "start" each new sensor.The reader will only recognize the last sensor you have started.The other sensor, once started, you can read it with the mobile through the Android "LIAPP" or also "Glimp" application, which serve the same but are not as complete as the Abbot PC software.

I do not know if I have clarified or brought you more jejjejeje!

DiabetesForo
12/03/2015 9:49 a.m.

When do you take away the sensor leaves you brand?I have left a little rash and the circle still shows.Remove it on Saturday.

Anaisabel
12/03/2015 10:38 a.m.

Man after two weeks there is something brand left yes.But it lasts little.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
12/03/2015 4:58 p.m.

Diebetico desde hace 12 años. Ultima hemo 6.9%. Usuario de freestyle.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.