{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

Today I got up well :)
@sigsauer, to see if the novelty passes.When you have taken notes in the arm, a pressure

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/18/2015 1:31 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Anaisabel the pressure I believe that more than physics was mental knowing that I have a sensor that is not part of my body and that I had to be watching at all times so that I did not take off, the people who take it on continuousIt will answer better than me, when I put the following I will know if it is because it was "my first time": D or because I mentally obsessed myself too much with the glycemia, which with the capillary of a lifetime does not happen to me.Somewhere I read that an endocrine or doctor said that continuous glucose meters for some people could be more a problem than a solution and I think it referred to the obsessions and coconut meals of the people ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/18/2015 6:12 p.m.

I have never noticed anything.I think I remember that on some occasion I have the one that inserting the sensor would have caused me some pain notice "any strange feeling" from time to time.But practically I never feel that I take it.

Being obsessed with looking at you many times the levels is normal for the beginning, it is the novelty.Then you only do it when it is for example like me, running.Since in my case, the exercise affects me a lot.I can start in 100 or 240 that is running and starting to get off.The lower it is, before and faster it goes down to the point of having to drink gels yes or yes.

I, before leaving the free, asked the endocrine that I wanted to buy the Dexcom and told me that many people were annoying and overwhelming the issue of the continuous alarms.As I have never had, I can't think

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/18/2015 6:21 p.m.

It will be that, being thinking about it I think I have a pressure there.
I have never been obsessed.I looked at glycemia 4 times and correcting because in 14 years very very rarely.I have a very normal life knowing what I can or not.Well, I carried or carried the free leave me exhausted.

Anaisabel
11/18/2015 6:24 p.m.

To that I referred, with the first one I ate my head enough, because it did not take off and for the theme of the glycemia, that as soon as I saw down the arrow I was going to eat and as soon as I saw up arrow to correct, I hopeThat with the following now that I know more or less how it works, I do not happen again.
If after putting 3 or 4 sensors the Free continues to leave you "exhausted" I would rethink it to put it continuous or make stops of rest techniques between sensor and sensor ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/18/2015 7:21 p.m.

Yes, that's what I will do @sigsauer, rest.As I only looked at me at the main meals because I have never made corrections.Now at night how I'm looking every time I wake up because I see 200 and keep sleeping then then I wonder: so that I look but I will correct ... ~ x (
By the way, now I am 89 stable and it has been similar and before the same ... :))

Anaisabel
11/18/2015 8:59 p.m.

Fuck, you're worse than me, how many times have you looked at the glucose while you wrote this text ... ha, -J
No I am surprised that you end up exhausted

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/18/2015 9:07 p.m.

All day with the tamagochi :))

Anaisabel
11/18/2015 9:50 p.m.

The truth is that I have been for a year and I am already an authentic Yonki.Without going into Dexcom-Free debates, I have changed my life and I have gone from the strips to the "flash monitoring", I had to give much before and that if it were not for the free I would not have raised me.I have already bought my first car, when I have saved and go somewhat better for me, head that I go, be it mcg, closed handle system, artificial pancreas, encapsulated islets or magical potion, I don't care, now this can only gofor better...

DiabetesForo
11/19/2015 12:26 p.m.

= D> Totally agree

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/19/2015 1:36 p.m.

kraken said:
I really have been for a year and I am already a real Yonki.Without going into Dexcom-Free debates, I have changed my life and I have gone from the strips to the "flash monitoring", I had to give much before and that if it were not for the free I would not have raised me.I have already bought my first car, when I have saved and go somewhat better for me, head that I go, be it mcg, closed handle system, artificial pancreas, encapsulated islets or magical potion, I don't care, now this can only gofor better...

rafach's profile photo
rafach
11/19/2015 6:34 p.m.

Diebetico desde hace 12 años. Ultima hemo 6.9%. Usuario de freestyle.

Today seven days ago I have been free.At times I want it and others would see it

Anaisabel
11/21/2015 1:42 p.m.

What differences are there between free and dexcom?I know that Dexcom is more expensive and that warns you of descents and ups.Any more?

It hurts when you have to remove the sensor?

Is it necessary to put the new sensor one day before the end of the one that is placed?

Anaisabel
11/23/2015 1:40 p.m.

The Dexcom has alarms to avoid hypos and hyper at all times.
Reliability?There are for all tastes.
If you take time to the Dexcom sensor, more profitable Dexcom.
In Dexcom, amortization depends on what the sensor lasts.
Particularly I dexcom with closed eyes.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/23/2015 2:49 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

For my other big difference is that the values ​​go alone to the receiver, you do not have to be passing your arm through the sensor, it gives you a value every 5 minutes and you can see up to 24 hours on the screen, which in the free are 8.
The sensor can last up to 5 weeks according to people, to me 4.
The insertion does not bother, just like the free.The sensor can be put in more sites, abdomen, arm, thighs, high part of the culete, I on one side and tapo with the subject ... and then the fixation is greater when wearing an apartment on the edge of the sensor,Not only what the sensor

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/23/2015 3:46 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

When I take it off, I give a pull and this is not?
Thanks for your answers.The truth is that at least I have you to ask and talk about diabetes.Until January I have no endocrine.
Greetings

Anaisabel
11/23/2015 4:38 p.m.

Exactly, but carefully that pull.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/23/2015 5:19 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

anaisabel said:
When I take it away I give a pull and this is not?
Thanks for your answers.The truth is that at least I have you to ask and talk about diabetes.Until January I have no endocrine.
Greetings

You see pulling without fear, nothing happens or hurts.It is curious to believe that you are going to take off and when you want to take it away from you that you have to seriously get the "task".

DiabetesForo
11/23/2015 6:06 p.m.

anaisabel said:
When I take it away I give a pull and this is not?
Greetings

As I shave I don't like too much to take advantage of the shower to remove it.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
11/23/2015 6:12 p.m.

Diebetico desde hace 12 años. Ultima hemo 6.9%. Usuario de freestyle.

rafach said:
anaisabel said:
When I take it off I give a pull and this is not?
Greetings

As I shave I don't like too much to take advantage of the shower to remove it.

I, @rafach, I don't have much hair in my arms where I wear it.So it does not suppose any discomfort, pain or effort to take it out dry

DiabetesForo
11/23/2015 6:15 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.