{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

@meginer

Elena, I was hit like a bass and I only had a couple of times to put on a kinesio tape on top (you can find them in any pharmacy, they sell them for sensitive skin).But once you put the tape, you have to leave it, because you can take the sensor.
Another alternative (for sports) is to first put a gauze that covers the sensor well and then above the kinesio strip.So when you finish if you can remove the strip without problems.

I hope the sensor is good and marked you well!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
02/26/2020 5:43 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Yes, Jldiazdel, it seems that it is well stuck but I do not know if it is the fear of getting or what, anyway I turn a lot in the gym and do body figh and sometimes with contact, that is why I protect it, IA tape had thought of bracelets of these adjustable rubber or elastic adjustables to put on.
Well, for now it seems that it is doing well, it is the first day and there seems to be not much difference between the free reader, the mobile and the capillary reading, it varies 10 or 15, no more.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
02/26/2020 6:22 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I go to the gym every day and I never had problems.But each skin is very different and if I have seen comments from some who had problems because they were taken away.

An elastic rubber tape is also worth it.What is more comfortable.I think I remember some comments from people who bought elastic tapes and served them.

Ah I made a montage that worked for me.I bought medium compresses that covered the sensor and were also waterproof.The part of the fair gauze covered the sensor.So when he removed the sensor.Then I put on to make sure a fat strip of Kinesio.And with that I could swim for a good time without problems.The sensor in the water endures in principle a half hour.But there if you risk it.

I'm glad this works!Improves the quality of life.And of course your analytics.You'll see

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
02/26/2020 7:18 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@Macarena93 Thanks to your contribution I have been able to get sensors in Lisbon and I will use it directly with the iPhone.It has been strange that in the Alentejo pharmacies they are limiting the dispensation only with a recipe.I am looking forward to Saturday to be able to go to Lisbon and try the first.

I have not endured the three months that have given me a margin in Endocrine in the Extremaduran Health Service, after the disastrous experience in consultation, in which I put the endocrine test and did not notice, I do not know if someThe same thing happens to you: endocrine anchored to the past and willing not to facilitate life ... although I think this deserves another topic of conversation.

@meginer with what you tell, and with the experience that I have had for the first time in the endocrinology service, when they want to supply them the freestyle I do not see my time wasting time in informative talks.

drjesusangel's profile photo
drjesusangel
02/26/2020 10:28 p.m.

@cuasy The difference in measures is due to the fact that the glucometer is not updated the SW and the application of the mobile if.It happens to me, but the best thing to compare is a capillary.I use free strips to not have another glucometer.

Never, you never feel the sensor when eating or correcting glycemia.The only reliable thing is the trend arrow.

The glycemia threshold is the one that has marked your endocrine, I have it 70-125.There are people who prefer 70-180, here each one who likes it, can be changed at all times.

@drjesusangel of professionals are to write a book.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/27/2020 7:22 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello everyone, I have gotten on the freestyle website to buy a couple of sensors and I only give me the option to buy the free freestyle sensor 2, does the same thing happen to you?

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
03/10/2020 2:57 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I got an email saying that free freestyle is no longer sold (the first version) SOO already sell the free 2

txitxo's profile photo
txitxo
03/10/2020 11:09 p.m.

@nigiri just that is happening to me.I have called Abbott and they have told me that they no longer sell 1.

The SS does not cover it yet.They force me to update the reader and you can't, it gives me connection failure.A bread with some cakes!

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/13/2020 12:15 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia I was trying to update the reader in his day and the same, I was error.How are you doing it then, with the mobile app?I have already received the new sensors and next Friday I will have to change.
Another thing, I tell you, the SS has begun to cover it, well, it started this week but with the theme of Coronavirus, they have delayed it.In my case, as I am trying to get pregnant, it has been instant, ask and grant it, I say it in case this information is for you.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
03/15/2020 1:17 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Well, I have an appointment in 3 days with the endocrine and I expected me to fix me about the sensor.Do you know how the state of alarm is affecting these reviews?(I'm from Malaga)

magl's profile photo
magl
03/15/2020 12:55 p.m.

I have been annulled the second of the sensor's review since it is financed in my community, the administrative tells me, you can return to the strips for the moment, that funny.I bought in Abbot two for the moment on my own, I hope they get well.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/19/2020 10:48 a.m.

magl said:
Well I have an appointment in 3 days with the endocrine and I hoped would fix me the sensor.Do you know how the state of alarm is affecting these reviews?(I'm from Malaga)

They called me from the hospital and they told me that the necessary talks for those who started in the sensor were interrupted through the coronavirus, so they were not giving it.But as I used them for payment in their day and they already explained to me they have given me without problems.

magl's profile photo
magl
03/19/2020 11:11 a.m.

Well, I have received the 4 free sensors that I commissioned last week to Abbott.I assume that my April appointment will be canceled or delayed.It is assumed that this event was going to subsidize free 1.
I have 3 free 1, the one I started yesterday and 2 more that I bought in January.And I have plenty of strips because I bought some online in view that I don't give me optium.

@nigiri I have two freestyle glucometers, I will not update it for free 1 and the other I will update it for free 2. The mobile reads both without problems.I have not yet made any update;I downloaded the program last week.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/19/2020 11:25 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I have canceled April's appointment at the Jiménez Díaz Foundation, where they were going to start financing the sensor.

Meanwhile, I still work at the foot of the canyon pulling the car in this difficult situation in which the country is, paying me in my pocket another year more something I need to do my work and to have a normal and dignified life.

What a bad luck ...

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
03/23/2020 5:43 p.m.

Hello, despite "the one that is falling", today I have gone to my health center has collected another 6 sensors ... They have arrived in their estimated time and I already have for 3 more months, I live in a town near Valencia.
They are still free ... Let's see if for June they are already free 2

Greetings, Rafa

rafa1959's profile photo
rafa1959
03/24/2020 1:59 p.m.

Hello everyone.As I was annulled the appointment for the review of the sensors, it was the second consultation, because I bought two sensors on my own, already of the 2, of course.I have activated the sensor with the mobile and I have programmed the alarms.With high glucose I don't care because I do not usually have it very high and what really worries me are the nocturnal hypos so what is done and I have put it so that I let me know below 60, however, a while ago I have beenI have passed the mobile and I had 58 and it has not sounded me, I don't know if I have to do something else.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/25/2020 8:55 p.m.

My mobile is an Xaomi 9 Lite with Android 9 system, I have followed all the steps of the tutorial, I started the sensor with the app, I have activated all the alarms and for trying only the hiccup, I have put the background, I only have oneDoubt, and that although I started sensor 2 with the app, I tried the next day with the reader and did not read it, put incompatible, that I already supposed it that I had read that it had to update it and also for the alarms it only was worth it with themobile, can it be for that reason that does not sound to me?, for having used the reader even if it is after?I don't know what to do more, to see if you can help me.Yes no, I'll call Abbot.Thank you.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/26/2020 8:26 a.m.

I think you have put the alarm very low, I would put it at 80 ... and it has nothing to do with what happens to you

rafa1959's profile photo
rafa1959
03/26/2020 3:31 p.m.

Rafa, no, it's fine in that figure because I usually be in 70, cdo no longer control is below 40, more, I had 30 and speaking normal with people, if something da lowers d 60 control well forPass your mobile, in the other way, as there is always Alfo of difference with the capillary, in my case, I can have in the capillary 85, that is fine and mark me in Free 69 and then I put me all the time.I have called Abbot, supposedly everything is correct, they say that I see is that it is a sensor's problem, I change it and send me another free.I am surprised because everything reads well, it's just a matter of not sounding to me alarms.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/26/2020 4:29 p.m.

A question:
If I update the reader for Freestyle 2 (although if the alarms go to the mobile, I am worth it because I don't have NFC), will it keep using me for the FreeSyle 1 sensors that give me in the social according to?

Anuska's profile photo
Anuska
03/26/2020 8:14 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.