{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

Hello good
We have been with the G4 with XDRIP for 4 days, and the first impressions are very good, the only paste is that today the XDRIP of the phone has been disconnected twiceIt is a task that happens
Does anyone know how to solve it?
Thank you so much

Antonmartin's profile photo
Antonmartin
05/11/2016 12:04 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Idem that Gala, but you have already seen my photo hahaha.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
05/11/2016 12:07 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

antonmartin said:
good
We have been with the G4 with XDRIP for 4 days, and the first impressions are very good, the only paste is that today the XDRIP of the phone has been disconnected twiceIt is a task that happens
Does anyone know how to solve it?
Thank you very much

The mobile Android version is Lollipop (5.1) or an older one?It usually gives problems with Kitkat versions (4.4.x)

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
05/11/2016 12:22 a.m.

Make sure you have the last beta of XDrip

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
05/11/2016 12:23 a.m.

Thanks Artorias
It has not been disconnected again.
I think that tangling in the XDrip menu I disconnected it unintentionally.Delighted with the G4 and XDrip thanks to all Vosotrxs.
Have a good day!

Antonmartin's profile photo
Antonmartin
05/12/2016 9:39 a.m.

jconegar said:
not sure that no @sigsauer that I confirm.The G5 issuer does not go with the G4 receiver.If you have to buy a new receiver.They would take out a promotion as they did with Seven and G4 I imagine.

Well ... halfway .... the Dexcom G4 with Share can be updated to G5 (the G4 A dry, no).It is via firmware, what happens is that you need an authorization code for the process that facilitates Dexcom.But the hardware is the same (G4 with Share = G5 ... In fact, with the update the graphics change to the white background).

By the way .. Have you interlated?In UK it seems that Dexcom starts selling directly .... jumping the local "distributor" they had (Advance Therapeutics) ... Link

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
05/14/2016 12:42 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

The CEO has said in an interview that they want to open office in Europe (Edinburgh) and it seems that they are going to buy from local distributors to sell them directly in Europe.I don't know what they will do in Spain with Novolab

albertot's profile photo
albertot
05/14/2016 10:32 a.m.

Hello.We have just placed the Dexcom G4 to Alejandro.And in doing so we have seen that some blood has come out.This is normal?Will perhaps not work normally?How are we novices, we don't know what to do?I guess waiting to calibrate and see what happens.You ever happened to you?Thank you very much in advance

Juanmaroru's profile photo
Juanmaroru
05/14/2016 7:16 p.m.

@Pabloj2000 You're right I talk about Spain alone, I don't realize that there are people from all sites.I will never understand because Share did not arrive, well if I understand.
@juanmaroru may have caught some venilla, but to see the blood in a dexcom it must have been more than a drop.Do not worry as long as I would not bother him, I would not take it away, to see what the classmates think.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
05/14/2016 7:22 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

My girl leaves for three days next week.I don't know if changing it before but if it still lasts a shame .... How do you notice that you run out of sensor? If the interrogations come out and you still throw it a few days? Thank you very much !!!
@juanmaroru I with Dexcom I have not had that experience yet but we have used freestyle and has ever bleeding and quite in its insertion, without then affecting measurements.

beti's profile photo
beti
05/15/2016 10:29 p.m.

@beti I never risked suddenly you can start failing, getting out questions or very unreal values.
If I have training or sports tests, although the half -life is 4 weeks to me, but I never play it for a training to fail me.
If there is something, change early as long as two weeks have been completed.
Can't explain or someone or get closer to the camp?It would be the best although explaining it and that it goes well and that that person is calm is difficult.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
05/15/2016 10:54 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Very good advice @jconegar, I'm going to change it, I'm not going to run the minimum risk. I want you to enjoy without worrying about failing.

beti's profile photo
beti
05/16/2016 10:57 a.m.

@Juanmaroru, the first sensor that I also put bleeding, looked through the sensor's papers but lasted 29 days so you don't even touch it ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/16/2016 12:29 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@Juanmaroru I At the moment I use free and I have bleeding 2 sensors, I don't know if they are coincidences or my paranoia but I think they have been the best values ​​and with less differences from the sensors that I have tried ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/16/2016 12:37 p.m.

The truth is that when finishing the sensor I don't see it clear.The first was easy because he died suddenly.The second seemed to die, erroneous data and ???But it seems that now goes well and has recovered.He has been a child and very unstable for 15 days.I do not know whether to leave it or take it, the truth is that if I give me wrong data, for a child it does not work for me ... well, I do not know what to do, I will endure it to see what happens .... Opinions are accepted.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
05/16/2016 8:02 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

@Papajesus1 uffff is a complicated opinion and being a child in the middle, I know that I would endure it but having a child I don't know what I would do.I have been with Dexcom for many years and fully trust him.I know that when I am in the fourth week because you can fail, then up -up or low caliber see, but of course they are fudge to extend it more than 4 weeks.
I this past Saturday I had a 6 -hour bicycle training, I had been 3 weeks old and I did not risk it on Friday tomorrow to ensure that the Saturday would be calm.
Now I have Almeria's test, I don't know what will happen at the end because I have had health problems and I don't know if I can do it very much to my regret, but I will take it two weeks and I will not hesitate to change it on Thursday night of the weekThat comes to make some calibrations (the test is the Saturday if I do it), but I cannot risk that I fail if I do it.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
05/16/2016 9:56 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

In the end hard one more day... Signal had no operational.I have changed it this morning.Then, it seems that in my child they last 14 or 15 days but no more.I hope they last more than if it is a paste.Otherwise very happy with the Dexcom.

Papajesus1
05/17/2016 10:55 a.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

papagesus1 said:
in the end hard one more day... Signal had no operational.I have changed it this morning.Then, it seems that in my child they last 14 or 15 days but no more.I hope they last more than if it is a paste.Otherwise very happy with the Dexcom.

I don't know where you put it on the little one, have you tried more areas to see if you take longer?
Saying that it loses a sign that you mean?What questions appear or that tells you that it does not receive a signal?If it is the second, that is not that the sensor fails, sometimes the receiver is not to receive the signal and you have to turn it off and turn it on and recover it.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
05/17/2016 11:15 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

I put it on the arm how the free.It is the most comfortable for what I have not proposed alternative sites.In the culete he carries the pump and in the belly he wants anything.Being a small child I want to avoid rejection, its comfort is more important than duration.He doesn't want him to put anything in him, you have to cheat him and make him not hurt.I followed your advice JcConegar and took it with alcohol very carefully (I saw it in a video of you). The truth is that we are very happy, I will try to take the third duration more, but I do not know if I will get it.
The two things have left question and also lost the signal, I had not occurred to me to turn off the receiver, I will take it into account for the next one.We have also calibrated it several times, I hope to calibrate it less to see if it lasts more.

Papajesus1
05/17/2016 4 p.m.

I have set up an XDRIP with the addition of the two resistances but I do not see in the Android application where the battery left to the XDRIP appears.Does anyone know where it is?
I have not yet linked the G4, I do not know if it has to be connected to see it and if I have found a screen that indicates the G4 battery that when not linked it tells me that it is not available.
Thanks for your comments in this forum, they are helping me a lot.

enriquec's profile photo
enriquec
05/19/2016 7:58 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.