{'en': "I have the bomb and I want to return to the bowl because I don't see benefits!", 'es': 'Tengo la bomba y quiero volver al bolis porque no veo beneficios!'} Image

I have the bomb and I want to return to the bowl because I don't see benefits!

vickyking's profile photo   07/13/2013 11:57 p.m.

Good night, 12 years ago I am insulin diabetics dependent I have never achieved a good hemoglobin, I have taken care of myself and I have not taken care of, with many tantrums about it.The subject is so

With the bolis/syringes, I have it re controlled, I know how to drive and the controls give me super good as long as they take care of me with food and exercise.Now, when I poro badly with food ... measurements give me badly.I have here that I decided to put the bomb, with the aim that "in those moments of relapse" rescues me.I used Levemir + Humalog for corrections

Now I have the bomb with the continuous monitoring placed, my head is really filing me

1) The alarms that sound at the different times either because it goes up/low or because it is about to go up or down, or because something happens .... They remind me of every time that I am diabetic (even if I put it in vibrator), in addition, in additionto interrupt my night dream or in the midst of meetings.The sensor's issue is that it indicates a trend, but the alarm "alarm" for that trend that most of the time are not real, because the one that really is worth is capillary control.(For informative title, the sensor must be calibrated at least 2 times a day with capillary glycemia)

2) Every 3 days I must change the pump, the full kit or part of the kit, in addition to seeing me really sick with that probe that comes out of my body and the delicacy with which I have to maneuver so that it does not fall, it hitsand others.In addition, on certain occasions I feel the occasional click as well as it has hurt me

I want to do a parenthesis and say that I have performed control / application with all professionalism

3) The controls have given me spectacular, but of the same spectacular they had given me the syringe, if I have taken care of meals through the control of Cho (I also do it with the syringe) and with more than 9 daily controls (before/after breakfast;Now when I do not take care of me, the pump does not take care of the pump and it is even difficult for meSyringe because the device does not run me.

Then I am in a situation of rejection with this new device that I have been a month ago, because I really feel that with the syringes it is the same ... if I take care of me good and if not, obvious, it gives me badly.With the difference that I have to deal with 1) and with 2).

What I have learned (sometimes one has to travel to realize) is that everything depends on me ... There are no miraculous devices, I have to take care of and voila!

Well, I wanted to share my experience, because there is no person who understands me more than someone who goes through the same as me.I want to take it out, I want to put the batteries with the syringes (I feel that the best handling) and not carrying this load that for me is more burden than I had had.I respect the people who work, I do not say that it does not work, the only thing I say that I do not see additional benefits to what I was doing, quite the opposite.

It has cost me a lot to get the bomb and I do not know what to have to leave it, maybe I use it again when she is pregnant, there I would not really interest me that the alarm sounds to me every time, but today ... I prefer to return toWhat management and care for me!Surely the chance of having it 2 more months to not throw in the towel, but I think that my reading of the situation is not wrong.

Thank you for this disappointment, it is difficult to share with your environment!
Sweet kisses
Vicky

vickyking's profile photo
vickyking
07/13/2013 11:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I understand you.I think similar to you.

If you think that with the bolis you will do well, do not hesitate.As you say, the bomb does not guarantee you anything.There are too many variables in diabetes.At the end of what it is about is that you are by yourself and that your quality of life is the best possible.If you think you get it with the feathers, do not suffer.Returning to the bolis is no mortal sin.The majority are with them and our diabetes is fine.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
07/14/2013 6:43 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

If you do not feel good with the bolis, perhaps you had created an idealized vision of the bomb, and like everything until you are tried you do not know how it will go, return it, do not feel bad, surely anotherPerson will do well.
I really liked reading your impressions about the bomb and meter, because it is just the opposite of what I felt from the moment they put the bomb and especially the meter to my son, I suppose that since it is a child it isDifferent, I felt that I could "disconnect" from my son's diabetes, the alarms warned me, could correct or modify insulin, the child went on to have a more normalized life, we were going without fear of birthdays, we could have some more schedules some more schedulesflexible.As you see opinions and experiences such as yours are very important because they offer another version that is as real as mine, and it is very useful for people who are thinking about the bomb, have both versions, and weigh that pros and cons.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
07/14/2013 8:36 a.m.

I understand the two points of view.Just this week I have removed the bomb because the weekend we have left the little camping, and camping, beach, 5 -month -old baby and bomb seemed excessive.I disconnected on Monday, the first day Hypes almost all day, I got the lantus, the next day high, change the schedule, I improve the thing, but without getting even from the pump control ... quite a 90 -hour hours, but 200 picos because it does not cover me 24 hours.Many more controls and worse results with the pump.The weekend has already been the father's play, several 250, a hypo of 45 and in the end I decided to really disconnect from the diabetes, I am high I correct myself, I am low as ... for two days I will not bitter.
I was clicking the Lantus at 2 in the middle of the day, today I will get home at 6.

Conclusion, I want the bomb now!But I do not regret having removed the bomb these days ... I go as lightless without it, but in my case even with more controls with the bolis I cannot reach the pump control.My insulin doses change to the beast during the day (in the afternoon-night I need double).If the control were the same with the bolis, I would stay with them

tica's profile photo
tica
07/14/2013 1:12 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Hello everyone, I do not use bomb still use Aviva Aviva Expert (I call it half a bomb).OK and Hemo Ok controls, but I'm prepared for pregnancy and I'm thinking of asking for the bomb.I share some Vickyking opinions, I have a little thing to be connected to a machine all day, a baby, the beach, the pool because usually swim ...
For pregnancy I think it is the best for what they have told me and I have read, and especially for my husband's tranquility for hypos.
I also doubt in case my bomb is not doing well since I get along with my expert, and I'm afraid that the bomb will descolo me a little.
All the best.

MonaLisa's profile photo
MonaLisa
01/26/2014 6:38 p.m.

The truth is that I have never seen the smallest advantage to insulin bombs.

On the contrary, it seems to me one more concern, read diabetics worried about whether they stop working well and find out after a while because they have uploaded the sugar a lot, in case it gets stuck, or if they are infectedCanula area and I imagine that others will be the concern for the battery, to always carry what is necessary to fill it, schedule it well ...

Anyway it almost seems like a joke, and it is not even totally reliable, just like continuous meters.That until they can replace blood meters give the sensation that more than measuring glucose, try to guess.

I say all this from ignorance of not having tried it, but it is what I think.

I can't imagine having a device always tied to my body, I don't even like to wear a wrist, and that I move more than a fan in bed imagining having a canula always stuck ...

Anyway, I see it a huge fattening and that I do not think it solves anything to most diabetics (there are always exceptions) with how easy it is to take a ball and prick.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
01/26/2014 8:16 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Well, I contribute my experience ... I have bomb since July and it's the best I have been able to do.Before the month I got over and wanted to return it but Tica encouraged me to continue a little more with her and now poor whoever takes it!
At first, as you say, I felt tied to a machine, I preferred the bolis that you take them out of the bag in a Plis, you puncture, keep them again and run.I click 5 times a day and now once every three days, the difference is very very remarkable.If I have to correct myself, I give a bowl and ready, if I want to eat something out normal, the same, Botoncito and ready.Before, to save a puncture, I had the desire and ran in the next meal, which meant to be more hours high ...
In my case, I have gone from an 8 and beak hemo with the bolis, which there was no way to go down to 7 and I have the confidence that the next one is even lower ...
I am preparing to get pregnant and the bomb is helping me a barbarity.
As for where to carry it, I carry it in the bra, in the gutter, and nothing is noticeable, unless you wear very tight clothes, to go to the bathroom, the PQ catheter does not bother or see it ...Mie is very practical go ...
As someone said up here, you have to be aware of the battery and not run out of insulin in the reservoir, true, but with the meter you also have to be aware of the battery and the strips, right?And the ball is not over, right?The pump stack, I have changed it twice since I have it, and when I have insulin reserves for 24 hours, it warns me.
With the bolis, more than once, I have stayed halfway from Bolus when I went out to eat or dinner outside, with the corresponding hyperglycemia ...
Now that I have become accustomed to her, it is part of me, and on many occasions, I don't even think that I have been put.
In addition, I am clear that having good controls always depends on me, it doesn't matter if I use bolis or bomb, the pump is not an artificial pancreas, we have to be realistic.So far there is nothing that allows us that carefreeness, which with the pump, I can control my more diabetes in detail.
This is my experience and I encourage you to give it a little more time and do not see it as a break, but as something that will give you more freedom, but if you see no, then return to the bowling, it is not to giveOne step back is living your diabetes in the most comfortable way for you.
As for the meter, I have not tried it, but I am behind one, and I am clear that if I whistle where I get, it is a warning to control myself better and achieve greater stability, which is my goal ...

greetings!

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
01/27/2014 2:19 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Sherpa coming from you would surprise me to read something positive, try the bomb and then think of favo, good or bad, but with knowledge.That said, I am a total defender of the bomb and I always recommend it but as in everything there will be people who do not adapt and there is always the possibility of returning to the bowling.I have been with her for almost 9 years and I do not return to the bolis or coña.:) Mona Lisa I would tell you to try it, at least in pregnancy, then you return to the bowling.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/27/2014 4:38 a.m.

I have never seen anything positive in anything that has to do with diabetes, I recognize it.And I like to say things as they are, without sweetening them.I will not change my opinions not to seem in one way or another.

And I don't see any advantage over the bolis, only inconveniences, I have never really interested me as minimal.It costs me anything to click anywhere and at any time, however it is more complicated to look at my sugar and I would be well to know continuously, even if it was approximate.

Therefore, continuous meters, although still quite bad and not very precise, I would like to try them for a while.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
01/27/2014 6:51 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I do not use bomb, but I see it beneficial according to what cases.At first I suppose it will cost to adapt, as it costs to adapt in a debut to the bowling and measure the sugar.Obviously, who uses a bomb I imagine that I would prefer not to have to do it, but if that helps a better control there is no stick that is worth.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
01/27/2014 11:17 a.m.

Hello!It goes for Monalisa.I also use ACCU Check Aviva Ecpert.I do not use bomb and I am pregnant, so I consider that if you carry good controls and a hem goes down., Do not change the method.It is true k during pregnancy your insulin needs will change, but no more changes to the situation.Another thing is that you do not get a good hem or controls before getting pregnant ... entries do everything possible to get it (put a pump included).I hope you help you.K think a diabetic pregnancy is very controlled (you will be in your endocrine consultation every two by three) and with the bolis the situation is quite well controlled, I hope you do well.

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
01/27/2014 12:46 p.m.

I sincerely took me 5 years to decide to put it, mainly because I was a teenager and the idea of ​​being connected to a machine either excited me (I had also seen them in photos and did not get an idea of ​​the size, shape, ..).Now that I do not change it for anything.I agree that having to be aware of changing the cannula, battery, ... is a mess, but I at least do it every 3 days, when before the pump I punctured me 6 times a day, so theDifference in punctures is quite large.Another of the great advantages is that you always carry the insulin with you ... I explain myHouse to look for the ball because I did not have it planned, or you were out of home and you had hyperglycemia and you did not have the ball by hand to put on a bolus, now with the pump that is no longer a problem, you give the button and everything arranged.And yes, sometimes the cannula is poorly connected, or absorption fails, but that also happens many times with the bolis.

The alarms do not seem like a problem, as they said there, the more I let you know more control, and if it bothers you you can silence them or expand the range so that I do not let you know for anything (at least at mine)

Where I noticed the change was in the amount of insulin that punctured me, since you can adapt the slow (basal) to different sections, for example I need slower in the afternoon than at night or in the morning.And as for the Bolus before I needed a dose of 20, 24 for 3 portions of hydrates, and now I am putting 6 or 8 at most.

Honestly, I always recommend it to everyone, although I understand that everyone knows their diabetes and does not have to be good for everyone;)

Ana89's profile photo
Ana89
01/27/2014 2:58 p.m.

Ana, 24 años
Diabética desde los 12 años.
Bomba de insulina desde 2011. Medtronic
Hemo; 8,8

Thanks @anna, it is true that starting now with the bomb maybe it's a bit late.As I read, it is necessary first a course and that is not to arrive and paste.On the one hand I think that if the endocrine has not told me, it is because I will not need it and on the other between the forums and the diabetic mothers that I know because it makes me think that I would also facilitate my pregnancy a bit ... what I mostThey worry are ups and downs and get rid of hormones ...
I am going to get closer to the Dia Hospital, I will talk to the nurses who carry this issue and try to see my endocrine to get me out of doubt.

Thank you very much, Mñn I tell you

MonaLisa's profile photo
MonaLisa
01/27/2014 5:24 p.m.

@Monalisa, where are you from?

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
01/27/2014 8:42 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

If they tell me that my daughter is taken from the bomb, they give me the disgust of the century ... I am not a diabetic, but sometimes I think it could be and I would not conceive my life with feathers, so it is difficult for me to understand the"Dependency", feeling ill plugged into an apparatus ... few inconveniences I see the pump, the catheter obstruction basically, something that as they have pointed out previously can also happen with the bowls (much more imprecise always), a situation that is a situation thatIt is quickly resolved, and in women the issue of where to place it., although my 15 -year -old daughter takes her in the bra and is very cute with everything she puts on.
The benefits have already pointed them out so many times that I don't know what to come back, but hey, for the undecided:

Better quality of life, a lot better, I mean.
Better control
Greater glycemic stability
Lower risk of hypoglycemia
Use of much less insulin
Security in Bolus administration, not only because of precision, but because you will always know the insulin you have put yourself.

Of course, to put on the bomb you have to learn previously and you have to go through the adaptation period, adjustment of basal and bolus, and all this requires time, so @monalisa, if you are already pregnant or point to be, and you haveGood control may not be the time to use it.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/28/2014 4:42 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

hehehe Velia, I was already surprising me that you would not write.
The issue of dependence makes me very funny, because of course we are dependent, on the insulin that we have to administer, so bringing a bomb does not imply more dependence on God, it seems to me that the opposite ...Flexibility in treatment is so great that the improvement in the quality of life cannot be discussed.
But that each one chooses what he prefers, that is the important thing.

DiabetesForo
01/28/2014 6:24 a.m.

Certainly, it is just as a dependent to carry a bomb that some feathers.Simply one thing (the bomb) is more conspicuous.And then there is the sensation-preference-lamalox of some people to think about having that connected all the time with the tube generates rejection per se for different reasons.Saving personal beliefs or preferences, it is clear that a bomb is more versatile and has more possibilities than a pen.And consequently, more possible advantages.And I say possible, because not always a pump implies better control.And then there is the theme of the quality of life, which is a subjective and personal concept.The quality of life can be for someone better clicking with a pen instead of carrying a pump with a tube to its gut all day.That perceived sensation of quality of life is impossible to measure uniformly.
For example, a continuous meter gives me quality of life.It generates a peace and tranquility that makes my head rest.And others know what they have at every moment stress them.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/28/2014 9:56 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I as a girl with diabetes called a quality of life to be able to eat absolutely everything with the "guarantee" that he will not have catastrophic figures, or without having, to be well, to click three times more extra ifIt has, for example, that taking pizzas, croquettes, ice cream. In short, going to a birthday with 15 years and not differentiating from the rest by having diabetes (this is not only done by the bomb, of course, it makes its knowledge of thediabetes together with the versatility of the pump).I speak of exercising, going out with your friends, having unexpected themes and putting your temporary basal for the occasion, without your blood glucose suffering great alterations, or having to get into hydrates to avoid hypo .... I talk about not eating ifYou are not hungry, because you are not always hungry .... I talk about getting up at any time, modifying the basal sections.I speak of being able to suspend the bomb and avoid a hypo, or put a temporary basal if I am a bit just to get to dinner perfect, or breakfast if it is third ... that for me is a quality of life.And surely as I am a bit atontoliná of ​​nap I leave things in the inkwell, but only with what I have said I already have sufficiently justified, for me, which is quality of life.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/28/2014 12:08 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

You have not been able to express it better Velia, I agree with you, that is quality of life for me too.Contrary to those who think that the bomb makes them seem more sick, it makes me feel less "diabetic" ... and yes, I also want the continuous meter ... je ....

DiabetesForo
01/28/2014 12:49 p.m.

@Intrusa I'm from Seville

MonaLisa's profile photo
MonaLisa
01/28/2014 3:16 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.