{'en': 'Dexcom G5', 'es': 'Dexcom G5'} Image

Dexcom G5

DiabetesForo's profile photo   09/29/2015 2 a.m.

sigsauer said:

Well, I think it is an issue of compatible one system and another, they are not incompatible, that you have the option to use at each moment the system that best comes to you and period.You have cited here a lot of cons in the use of the mobile phone as a receiver but I think it also has its pros (I will not quote them) because each one is already greater to know what suits him and what he can and wants to use ,,,The only thing I say is that if technology already allows us to use the smartphone as a receiver I do not know why it is mandatory to buy a receiver, each one who uses what comes best.I am testing the free thanks to a partner of this forum and I can tell you that with the Android application that exists for the readings I almost even use the ABBOT reader, playing Padel, in the gym, working etc, etc. and that inThis case has to be passed near the sensor to read it, in the end that for tastes colleagues ..

Hello, if you are right about how you raise it.The problem of all this is that we are all going to pay the duck of the option to use the mobile as a reader, that is, if they sell 2 transmitters, the one that lasts 3 months for "the one who wants mobile", and the one that lasts 1 yearFor those who would not be the right thing to do.The problem is that even wanting to use the receiver, you are sentenced to 3 months by transmitter.His would also be to continue selling the old one that the transmitter lasts up to 3 years.

Now you can be delighted to use the mobile reading by Bluetooth the receiver Dexcom, but for the year, as soon as they take one that goes per wifi, and the transmitter lasts 15 days (yes, it will reach 5 times more), maybe you will complainthat you with the Bluetooth and 3 months arrives, and it is unfair that you have to use the wifi and buy 1 transmitter every 15 days.

That for me, is the problem, the imposition of advances, which are not such, because as you say, we are already greater and we know what we want and what we need, and at the price we can pay.

The case you raise from Abbott is totally different, it is not a continuous, or rather, does not act as such.There is no direct connection, nor do you depend on that connection (for example, alarms, those of us we trust them).In the case of the free ABBOTTT, if the mobile can make sense because, first it does not impact the battery life of anything, or the sensor, the sensor (the established), and second, because it does not cause any disorder in themobile (no alarms, no permanent connection, or ....).

But in the continuous measurement, I see too many problems (for which I understand clearly), and on top, a cost shot, whether you use it, as if not, and that is the biggest problem I see.
If the free Abbott would tell you that the sensor lasted 8 days if you use the mobile, and 15 if you use the reader, you would surely think just like me, and give the mobile!

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
10/04/2015 12:28 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Corregid me if I am wrong, but the G4 is still sold, fundamentally by the bombs that are associated with it and that could not do it to the G5, therefore it is not "forced" to buy the G5 and connect it to the phone.
The MCG prices problem in my opinion is born from the problem of health privatization, if health and treatments were publicly not to profit, and therefore would have a much lower price.From all this not only would benefit those who suffer from diabetes, but everyone.

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
10/04/2015 6:01 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

When I read that the G5 had left I asked Novalab and I just received the prices, with offer included;I put the PDF:

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/02/2016 6:13 p.m.

I have received it.It is for rich.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
06/02/2016 8:46 p.m.

I have the doubt if the G4 Platinium receiver is valid to receive the information from the G5 transmitter.The cost of the transmitter is going to be double but if you also have to add a new receiver .... fabric.In the "offer" it is not clear.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
06/03/2016 12:08 a.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

Papajesus1 said:
I have the doubt if the G4 Platinium receiver is worth to receive the information from the G5 transmitter.The cost of the transmitter is going to be double but if you also have to add a new receiver .... fabric.In the "offer" it is not clear.

The G4 receiver we have in Spain cannot be used with the G5 transmitter in any way.

The G4 Share receptor version that Bluetooth has a software update can be made to use it with the G5 transmitter.(You can stop using the G4 and has no turning back).

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
06/03/2016 12:20 a.m.

Thank you, Artorias.And is it mandatory to buy receiver?Anyway I at the moment, no.

Papajesus1
06/03/2016 7:42 a.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

I understand that it will not be mandatory to buy the receiver ... right?Do you buy a G5 transmitter and with your mobile ready, right?The G4 and G5 sensors are the same.

In any case, I do not change or joke !!!The expense grows exponentially when you need a transmitter every 3 months ... I stay with my G4 and XDrip that goes perfect and I have blood glucose on the phone and on my pebble watch.

If tomorrow (as it seems it will be) they take out an XDrip for G5 where they extend the duration of the transmitters (now layered to 3 months by software) .... then I would think about it.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
06/03/2016 11:17 a.m.

The cost of the transmitter is very high.It takes 3 times less .... then multiply by 3 the cost of the transmitter and shoot the price of Dexcom

Papajesus1
06/03/2016 3:43 p.m.

I hope the production of G4 follows for many years, and that agents for which we carry the animas vibe.I hope they don't take away the G4.And changing all the bombs would be a whore for the cost for them, although it is also true that they can tell us because it is not going and point.Pump for one site and sensor on the other.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/04/2016 9:09 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

In addition to uploading the data to the network of supposes that it is more accurate, that the software is more reliable, greater accuracy and takes the descent before, if that is true, that would be its great advantage and if, I fuck me that for money we do not haveAccess to better software using the G4.That for me is the big issue that must be commented on those who start using the G5 and not if you can upload the data to the cloud.

Papajesus1
06/05/2016 5:01 p.m.

Total that in the end to have the same duration as a transmitter of the G4 (~ 1 year) it would be necessary to buy 4 G5 transmitters, and to take advantage of its advantages you also have to buy an iPhone ... And do you even expect us to buy it andall?Really? ...... Isn't it a joke?

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
06/06/2016 1:50 a.m.

con_q_de_quimica said:
total that at the end to have the same duration as a transmitter of the G4 (~ 1 year) would have to buy 4 transmitters of G5, and to take advantage of its advantages you also have to buyAn iPhone ... And do you even hope we buy it and everything?Really? ...... Isn't it a joke?
It is not a joke, you have said everything correctly, it lasts a few days more than three months but very few, I do not remember how much.
After so many years that I am with Dexcom they have never lowered prices or when the competition has come out, they are clear about the quality of their product.
What I have my doubts if prices will be marked by Novalab or the mother house.If there were several importers, perhaps they could play more with the prices to the people in their area if the mother house does not find out, but having one if the mother house marks prices it is logical that they do not risk.But the truth is that this market economy should not exist.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/06/2016 8:58 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

The truth is that the price of the receiver is much cheaper than I thought but in part they will have dropped it because now you can see the glycemia in the iPhones or in the case of Android installing XDRIP, Nightscout and others;What makes the price more expensive are the 4 annual transmitters that you need to increase the price a peak.
On the other hand yesterday I sent an email to give me information and news about the new patches of Nemaura Sugar Beats on its website.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/06/2016 10:32 a.m.

@sigsauer if they answer you please tell us.I asked for information for a long time and nothing, they don't want anything with me for what you see.
Thank you.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/06/2016 12:07 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

@jconegar do not worry that if I find out something the first thing I do is hang it here as the rest of the foreros I hope .. !!
I understand that if they want to launch it at the end of the year, there is nothing after summer .. the idea seems good, there is necessary to know prices ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/06/2016 12:13 p.m.

Novalab has nothing to do with these prices, that no one sucks that they are only the distributor, Dexcom dictates from the US.

In UK and other European countries, G5 is even more expensive.

Outside countries with medical insurance they only point to rich customers.

The G5 transmitter lasts 90 days + 2 weeks of grace = 115 days

Capted by software so that it does not last longer, and anyway the battery is exhausted, even finding the way the capo would skip should replace the two batteries it brings.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
06/06/2016 5:36 p.m.

papagesus1 said:
in addition to uploading the data to the network of supposes that it is more accurate, that the software is more reliable, greater accuracy and takes the descent before, if that is true, that would beHis great advantage and yes, I fuck me that for money we do not have access to a better software using the G4.That for me is the big issue that must be commented on those who start using the G5 and not if you can upload the data to the cloud.

I have once said it:

The fact that the G5 is more accurate than the G4 is a lie.
That is a rumor expanded by health blogs that have not been well informed.

The G5 uses the version 505 software, which is the last Dexcom and more accurate with the slightest Mard (margin of error) of the market. This software is approved to prick insulin without previously checking with capillary .

Well, this same software has been using the G4 Share for more than a year.

The question is, are the receptors sold in Spain carry this version or are they updating to it?
Surely yes, but bother to ask Novalab about mail or tlf.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
06/06/2016 5:47 p.m.

Thanks @Artorias for the information.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/06/2016 9:51 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Hello.As Artorias says, let's not kill the messenger, because in other European countries they are worse (and in some better), but there are all.Here the issue would be for the manufacturer to fight some type of state subsidy or SS, even if it were partial.Of course the distributor fulfills its function and nothing more.That for us it is an essential device and we do not conceive that it is so expensive ... ok, I share it, but, and it is not because I am the devil's lawyer, I insist, I think they do their function.My past experience with them has been correct (sensor subscription).

Also, what is more accurate than G4, I don't know where it comes from, but I absolutely believe anything.The G5 the only (unique) advantage is that you could do without the receiver (I would not dispense with it), then it costs exactly 4 times more ... you pass to spend on the G4, 370 euros per month to 1500 a year,An appreciable difference.

In Europe it does not carry any G4 version 505. The 505 vesion is only for the American G4, both G4 and Dexcom G4 with Share, which is also exclusive to the USA.Nor of course, no European G4 can be updated (the update is made via the Internet previously connecting to Dexcom, and sending the data ... if it is European, it already tells you that there is no update).Update can be done from Europe (at IP´`s level) without problems, yes, you need an American receiver.

Which (G4 with Share) is acute by software to G5 if desired, hardware is the same.

The G5 is a great advance for Dexcom, but not for users, at least in Europe.The problem, as happened with the Seven Plus and the G4 - the story is repeated, because this change was not a clear "advance" is that in one way or another, surely we will have to go through the hoop (hopefully thanks to thePumps, continue supplying G4 transmitters for a long time)

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
06/07/2016 9:37 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.