{'en': 'Freestyle - Where can sensors be recycled?', 'es': 'Freestyle - Donde se pueden reciclar los sensores?'} Image

Freestyle - Where can sensors be recycled?

GemaTer's profile photo   03/21/2016 1:45 p.m.

Hello everyone!!

I don't know if I asked or read here, but I have been spinning the freestyle sensors for a few weeks.

The fact is that the first two keep them directly to the box and threw them in the trash, but they carry the battery and the normal would be to recycle them, that the environment forgive me but with the emotion of the new toy or fall into it.

I also didn't know whether to throw them where the batteries, and in the end I called Abbot to consult.

They told me that they usually pick them up in the health center and that they are responsible for recycling and putting where it touches everything.

This morning I went around, but nobody knew anything.

What do you do normally with them?

Thank you!

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
03/21/2016 1:45 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

I throw them into the batteries container, less give a stone ...;)

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/21/2016 2:54 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Show it to the needle container,

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/21/2016 3:20 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@Sisaguer that I thought, but since the edge is in contact with the skin I did not know.I consider cutting it and doing so.
@Gala is the other option that I have raised.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
03/21/2016 3:40 p.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

I give them in a yellow container that give me in the health center to throw all the disposable material (needles, strips, etc.)

If we are in strict plan, the sensor should be disassembled and the electronic parts of what the filament is and others, I have not tried any of that

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/21/2016 6 p.m.

@joseludi is not because it is strict, it is more to know what you do the others, that it never is to ask.
Thank you so much :)

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
03/21/2016 8:54 p.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

In this sense, on Friday I received a replacement sensor and to return the one that stopped working they have sent me a bag for this purpose with a large biohazard logo, they also include another bag, I intuit for when that sensor is over... Anyway, I think they should include those sachets in each order.

PabloRasco's profile photo
PabloRasco
04/03/2016 3:36 p.m.

Pablorasco said:
In this sense, on Friday I received a replacement sensor and so that they would return the one that stopped working have sent me a bag for this purpose with a large biohazard logo, I alsoThey include another bag, I intuit for when that sensor is over ... in short, I think they should include those sachets in each order.

Those send them when you send you a replacement sensor.They are to send them by mail the defective sensor.Sometimes they tell you that you send it to you and sometimes they don't ask for it, but they always send you that bag

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/03/2016 7:40 p.m.

Good afternoon: I wanted to comment, that I wake up and extract the batteries of the sensors.They are button type with a 1.5V load.Then he threw them into the battery container.

chamus1978's profile photo
chamus1978
04/12/2020 6:10 p.m.

Hello, to me in the course that must be done when the financed sensors give you, they explained that the sensor is a battery.
Therefore you must go to the batteries container.
The rest to the plastic and cardboard container respectively.

javielo's profile photo
javielo
01/28/2021 9:47 a.m.

Call the deixalleria or a environmental office and they will explain where you have to take it.We have a special cube where we store used strips, freestyle and dexcom triggers, used sensors and feathers used.I take all this to the recycling point of my people and they take care of everything.Above 5% of the municipal garbage tax with 10 contributions a year.Needles you also have to take them to the special container.Never throw them with another type of waste.But there is a town hall that tells you, yes, throw it to the same container without recycling.

annie's profile photo
annie
03/09/2021 12:08 a.m.

Hello, I know what is a question out of context, but how long do the sensors last?a week?2 weeks?a month?.Do the government give them free or do you pay them $$?

matrix's profile photo
matrix
03/09/2021 12:31 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

Everything that carries remains of medicines (reagents), biological (blood) or needles must be taken to the sigre, in pharmacies.That includes the sensor, the injector, the wipes, etc.

The rest are containers (to the containers) and the original receptacle of the sensor, which are mostly plastics and I do not know whether to containers or the general.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
03/09/2021 4:31 p.m.

I upload the theme (although I don't know when it is, searching Google on where to throw the sensors, I saw the thread) ...
I have disassembled it with a hair clamp, in case someone is interested:

The small part that has a filament leaves it in the needle container, and the other party I will take to the clean point (when you have several accumulated)

morganeta's profile photo
morganeta
04/20/2021 2:40 p.m.

Diabética desde 2002
Tresiba y Fiasp

I to the Anarillo container, inside its well -closed box.If there was another option, medical center or clean point, I would do it, where I live, nobody knows anything about this.In fact with the syringes, when there were no feathers, idem of idem ...... a shame ......

Pablus's profile photo
Pablus
04/20/2021 10:52 p.m.

I am considering the same thing: where to throw the sensors?In the instruction book it only says that they cannot be discarded as one more residue, but it does not say where.He also points to contacting the manufacturer, but I don't see any email or telephone number.Does anyone know how to contact?I have already accumulated a few at home hehe.Thank you.

Jota's profile photo
Jota
08/18/2021 3:03 p.m.

Debut: 2001
Novorapid/ Toujeo (22 unidades)
HbA1c: 8 (Necesita mejorar)
Sensor Free Style desde 2021

Good afternoon.As mentioned before, in the ABBOTT course they tell us that the battery container.In fact, throwing it to the needles seems to me a mistake, all that material is incinerated and the batteries should not burn.Separating the filament does seem to me a bliss idea, I take note.
All the best

Antonio200's profile photo
Antonio200
08/18/2021 4:10 p.m.

@matrix, the sensors last 15 days.Recently including social security for adults.Before you had to buy them.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/18/2021 8:53 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Forgive but read you ... What do you do with the disposables of the needles and with the glucose strips?Where do you throw them?Because I was throwing it in the trash, I didn't know what to do with them and read you just fell

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/19/2021 7:12 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Ok I already read that to the point sigre?I will ask in the pharmacy

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/19/2021 7:16 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.