{'en': 'Freestyle - Where can sensors be recycled?', 'es': 'Freestyle - Donde se pueden reciclar los sensores?'} Image

Freestyle - Where can sensors be recycled?

GemaTer's profile photo   03/21/2016 1:45 p.m.

I throw it to the yellow cube everything except the needle that goes to the orange or brown cube.
Before I had a sanitary waste container that the nurse gave me for the needles, but it is a roll.Pick it up, make an appointment to take it, to give you another ...

In the sigre they do not collect sensors, I have already asked.Only medications.

And I say that while China and the US skip the Kyoto protocol, which more gives me a needle or sensor to the general garbage.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/19/2021 8:59 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

In their day, when I started using them and just like needles, strips, insulin feathers, etc.I asked in my pharmacy and they told me that they didn't take it.I called the Madrid City Council and they told me that I could not take to the clean point, so ... my sister told me that in your health center they pick it up but since I am I am not coverage with Social Security I do not know if they would leave meTake them there.

Montsevn's profile photo
Montsevn
08/19/2021 10:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I sent an email that I found on the Abbot website and answered a machine with an impersonal message.I understand that they will go from me.I will trust what I read here and throw the sensors to the battery container.The other option is to throw them into the organic garbage, which is where the needles and the strips and insulin pen, because in my health center they do not give me any special container and, basically, they don't care.

Jota's profile photo
Jota
08/22/2021 6:15 p.m.

Debut: 2001
Novorapid/ Toujeo (22 unidades)
HbA1c: 8 (Necesita mejorar)
Sensor Free Style desde 2021

I have read that insulin bolis are deposited at the point of the pharmacy and I do so (it is a container).
Pilas container sensors.
The needles and lancetas told me in my center that I put them inside a boat so that no one clicks and when full, to the normal container.
I throw them directly in the trash.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/22/2021 8:14 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

The Sigre point of pharmacies does not admit or batteries or needles, so do not invent things that the people of recycling do not win for scares.

juanluis1957's profile photo
juanluis1957
08/23/2021 9:22 a.m.

As put on the webThe radiographs, chemicals or batteries must be deposited at the sigre points. "

And the containers where the sensor is going to yellow?

Jota's profile photo
Jota
08/23/2021 3:34 p.m.

Debut: 2001
Novorapid/ Toujeo (22 unidades)
HbA1c: 8 (Necesita mejorar)
Sensor Free Style desde 2021

To the battery container, I put it at the door of the endocrinology consultation to that of needles you cannot because they are incinerated and the battery explodes.

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
08/28/2021 5 p.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

@samoeus thanks for the information!That poster should be in all endocrinology consultations.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
08/29/2021 11:48 a.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

gemater said:
hello everyone !!
I don't know if I asked or read here, but I have been spinning the freestyle sensors for a few weeks.
The fact is that the first two keep them directly to the box and threw them in the trash, but they carry the battery and the normal would be to recycle them, that the environment forgive me but with the emotion of the new toy or fall into it.
I also didn't know whether to throw them where the batteries, and in the end I called Abbot to consult.
They told me that they usually pick them up in the health center and that they are responsible for recycling and putting where it touches everything.
This morning I went around, but nobody knew anything.What do you do normally with them?

They told me that I could take it to the hospital that we have here, in Cambrils, but I do not go for the social sec. But private mutual and then they do not serve me ....

sergiojunene's profile photo
sergiojunene
08/29/2021 12:28 p.m.

jota said:
as put on the web points aThe case of health products such as needles, gauze or thermometers.

In theory not, because the sharp objects or with a shear edge, such as a disposable shaving blade or these needle sensors, in theory should not go loose to the container.

sergiojunene's profile photo
sergiojunene
08/29/2021 12:30 p.m.

Hello, I separate it, the needles of the plastics and I put them in a container that later led to the clean point of my city and there they go to several containers according to the composition material

mariaeivissa's profile photo
mariaeivissa
09/07/2021 7:05 a.m.

I use a yellow container that I ask the nurse in the health center, which is where I throw hair, needles and the part of the sensor that the filament has as the Morganet's disassembly shows
The other, without that part that was inserted in the body, can (must) go to the battery container

What is needles, capillary strips and that part of the sensor that was inserted contains biological remains that must be processed as is done with that material in the health center.For that they have hired a service that collects it and treats it conveniently (autoclave to eliminate potentially dangerous biological remains: remember that it was in contact with blood, and that although we are healthy ... there are many diseases that are transmitted by blood)

Tip: If you have not done it, ask for yellow container when you give your needles and get into it when you go looking for more needles.They do not care to send one as 10. By the way: needles should not go to the trash, but to that yellow biological container

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/07/2021 8:35 p.m.

sergiojunene said:
jota said:
as put on the websiteWhat we acquire in the pharmacy must be recycled in Sigre.

In theory not, because the sharp objects or with a shear edge, such as a disposable shaving blade or these needle sensors, in theory should not go loose to the container.

The box and cardboard papers.The plastics (applicator, container where the sensor goes before mounting) I throw it into the plastic, although by the type of plastic it seems to me that it cannot be recycled.The container lid is metallic and goes to the plastic container and metal containers.

The biologically contaminated objects, as I say above, to the yellow container with a red lid of biological remains that give you in the health center (like the one they use).

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/07/2021 8:37 p.m.

I, tired of fighting with the pharmacy and the office the sensors with pilas and needles, feathers etc. to a bottle of water and when it is full to general garbage.

Jon58204597's profile photo
Jon58204597
11/08/2021 7 p.m.

Well, at the point of the pharmacy the feathers are thrown.And the stack container sensors.The needles, lancetas and strips do like you, what they told me, to a plastic boat and when it is full, normal garbage

isabelbota
11/08/2021 8:59 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Until now I wore the needles of the feathers to the hospital every time I go to consult with my son, where they do blood extractions.The rest left it in the sigre with the sensor inside its container.I will follow the council of the battery container.Thank you!

AliciaSM's profile photo
AliciaSM
02/14/2023 1:53 p.m.

At first I asked at the health center, nurses, in the pharmacy, at the limp point ..... nothing at all.No fucking idea.So I put the sensor in the battery container that caught me more by hand, the applicator and plastics to the yellow cube and the cardboard container to the corresponding cube.And with respect to needles, always covered with their plastic protector go to general non -recyclable garbage.With the bolis spent, it depends, sometimes the yellow container, of containers, and others to the non -recyclable garbage.

I try to be respectful of the environment, but what I am not willing to do is drive myself crazy with all the material that no organism is capable of indicating how I should act at the end of its useful life.And it is not to justify me, but every time I open the container to throw something and see what I see inside it ..... I want to recycle anything.Even so, I will keep trying.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
02/15/2023 9:23 a.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

wave said:
At first I asked in the health center, nurses, in the pharmacy, at the limpio point ..... nothing at all.No fucking idea.So I put the sensor in the battery container that caught me more by hand, the applicator and plastics to the yellow cube and the cardboard container to the corresponding cube.And with respect to needles, always covered with their plastic protector go to general non -recyclable garbage.With the bolis spent, it depends, sometimes the yellow container, of containers, and others to the non -recyclable garbage.

I try to be respectful of the environment, but what I am not willing to do is drive myself crazy with all the material that no organism is capable of indicating how I should act at the end of its useful life.And it is not to justify me, but every time I open the container to throw something and see what I see inside it ..... I want to recycle anything.Even so, I will keep trying.

I can't agree with you more.I get depressed when I see the organic container full of cardboard boxes being the paper next door, or look at paper and see plastics and crystals inside ...
But anyway, I try to do well.And it coincides that it shoots everything like you except the bolis that made them at the sigre point of the pharmacy.
I asked the endo recently for the sensors and told me that or to the plastic (God, plastic when they carry batteries!) Or the batteries .... that they did not know very well.
So much history with recycling, environmentalism and nobody knows how to tell you, because it has not been thought, what do we have to do with diabetes residues, a disease that affects many people ... and has not thought about it?
How sad and how bad ...

isabelbota
02/15/2023 10:05 a.m.

To the yellow container that they give you in the health center with the skull and the warm, to recycle human organic products.
One more break at home, there are needles and sensors.
When it is filled, it is taken to the health center and give you another.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/15/2023 11:58 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia, because I wish it were like that.But they don't give you a container, nor do they tell you what you can do with it.It is like what I will always remember that the useless bosses said: you do not come with problems, and if you come, bring me the solutions ... in short

Arse's profile photo
Arse
02/15/2023 12:24 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.