Diabetic rookie is presented!

pike's profile photo   10/02/2015 10:07 a.m.

Hello everyone!I am 33 years old and about 18 days that I am an official diabetic.I am still in it but, I suppose like everyone else, I needed to find a place to inform me and share experiences.So ... here I'm!

I think I am of type 1 but the endocrine has not confirmed it to me 100%.Within a week, with the results of the analysis they have done to me, we will know.

I hope to participate a lot and meet you all.

pike's profile photo
pike
10/02/2015 10:07 a.m.

DM1 desde 2015-Novorapid 2/2/2/2-Toujeo(en proceso)-Mañana
Glucosilada 4/2017: 7,2

Whatever it is, here you will find many answers for the doubts that we all have and more when I debula that everything sounds like Chino hehehe I have been learning for 24 years and I still learn from this disease.
Welcome!!!!!!

krrs's profile photo
krrs
10/02/2015 10:38 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

My daughter has been considering rookies for 4 months .... Welcome to the Club and encouragement !!!

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
10/02/2015 11:58 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Welcome Pike!

We are almost the same age.You ask what you want us to try here to help you the best we can

Inday's profile photo
Inday
10/02/2015 3:53 p.m.

Hi @pike, welcome to the forum, here one with already ... 17 years of experience ... mmmm ... how time passes!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
10/02/2015 4:10 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hi Pike, welcome to the forum I have only been a newpy for forum.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/02/2015 5:41 p.m.

Welcome @pike, I have 8 and now is when I am learning more xD here surely many things clarify.

Dori's profile photo
Dori
10/02/2015 8:06 p.m.

21 años, 10 con diabetes.
20u insulina toujeo por las mañanas. Humalog 4, 6 (5), media mañana y la merienda 3 o 4 y cena 3. Última glicosilada 6,7, sin casi tipos.

Welcome Pike :-)

I am very sorry that you are in this "club", but well, it is what there is.You have chosen a very good place to learn everything related to diabetes, here are people with a lot of experience and many knowledge, you will see it.Do you like sport? ... With diabetes everything is more difficult, but that does not mean at all that there is something you cannot do.There are thousands of examples of people who have achieved many things, despite the DM1, so encouragement !!!You will tell us ...

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
10/02/2015 11:20 p.m.

Well .... Another one that joins, welcome to this forum, asks everything you feel likegreater complications.Greetings and with 4-5 years of suffering from this disease, I'm still a rookie.

Chimo's profile photo
Chimo
10/03/2015 8:55 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1. HG 7,3. Abril de 2016 Bomba Minimed 640G

Another one that welcomes you, here we are all newbies, I have been learning for 24 years!

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/03/2015 10:38 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Welcome to this world, with almost 43 years (I have days to have them), and 28 years of diabetic I still learn day by day, all the experiences we have all serve us.
Just tell you that nothing stops you.That being diabetic helps you take care of you more than a non -diabetic.I have no complication.Operated from myopia at 24 years of evolution all perfect, healing, vision and everything.Analysis The truth that good, as it is time once this becomes silly but well it is like controlling a child who sometimes becomes reim.And if you can do sports, I don't do much or I don't do everyone that I would like, rather, but what is clear that diabetes does not stop at all.And that you can't eat everything in the past, now it is not the same as 28 years ago that everything told you that it was prohibited.You just have to learn to eat well for portions, make your calculations and insulin ratios, and already this !!!!!!!And for what you need asks.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/04/2015 6 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Thank you all for the welcome.

I have already returned from the endocrine and I am an official type.Yupi.

pike's profile photo
pike
10/05/2015 7:03 p.m.

Welcome and encouragement.It is a daily struggle but you fight, also a daily victory.Remember to make a mental magician cut every time they tell you or hint you can't do something.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
10/05/2015 8:05 p.m.

As Atorias says it is a daily struggle and victory.When we get home in the afternoon and download Maria's values ​​and we see that our house has been good almost looks like a party, our smiles go from ear to ear and of course we congratulate our daughter for having achieved it, and so on every day.

RocioLlinares
10/06/2015 11:26 a.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Rocìo, in the end in school, well?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/06/2015 4:39 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The truth is that yes, regina, much better, these days between 100/120 all day.Today a little higher, but nothing to do with the before ... and we have avoided the hypo.Now I am checking if the days that go up a little more coincides with the day that has an exam, and it seems that yes, as has been the case today with a 180 at the time of lunch, so one more factor to consider...

RocioLlinares
10/06/2015 4:48 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Great, @regina.I see that you all usually have much lower data than me but I imagine that at the beginning they are always high or semi high.

Two questions that are around my head, to see if you can help me:

1) The hot water showers: I am very showering on the mount of fate/in the middle of the volcano and has its benefits, there is no doubt.My question is the following, does sugar increase indirectly?I have noticed that in certain measures after a bathroom they are slightly more pulling up.It seems nonsense but I am aware of any factor.

2) Once established that you have to have a balanced diet and all that roll that we carry more or less well, I suppose that the key of control is to test rehearsal-error mode with food.And I question whether this can be so with "prohibited" foods or, at least, less adequate.I mean: I want to eat a hamburger or chocolate or anything harmful that I know is going to raise my life, the universe and everything else.And I know that I must avoid them or, at most, to take them very isolated but try them and see how it affects you will be part of the learning, right?Or am I self -enhanced (that too) to tell myself that I can take those food every time?

pike's profile photo
pike
10/06/2015 8:23 p.m.

Well, Pike, it is also trial-error, always calculating the rations and thinking if they are fast or slow foods, ah !!And the fats, the phrases greatly delay the absorption of the HC, so it is not uncommon that after a greasy meal (pizza for the mozzarela) you can have a hypo without finishing eating or being fine and at 2-3 hours a climbBecause you don't have fast and that is when you are absorbing HC.
Ice creams, as are all cream, do not make me any peak.
To the caluent vaños .. to me that I like to be soaked 2 hours, it usually goes down

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/06/2015 8:31 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@Pike happens to me like @gala, with the bathrooms it usually goes down

About food, because it is trial-error.Think that type1 diabetics if we do not have overweight, cholesterol or similar problems, we can make a diet like the rest of the normal ones.That is, we can eat "prohibited" food while we put the insulin that touches and consider the times of absorption, fat and others.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
10/06/2015 8:55 p.m.

That is another.I have always been thin and I got to be in 55-57 kg that, for me, is infrapen.From the insulin I have caught 3 kilos of blow and, although I continue in my weight and I know perfectly what a healthy diet is (for something I am dietitian) and I take it daily now more than before, I am irrational to start to catch more kilosof the account.

pike's profile photo
pike
10/06/2015 9:06 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.