Diabetic rookie is presented!

pike's profile photo   10/02/2015 10:07 a.m.

@Laura78 Welcome!!!This forum here you will learn a lot about everyone's experience and you will also tell us about yours.
Regarding the driving license I think you have no problem. You will always take your diabetes things and at any time you look;Another thing would be if you were driving a train or driving a plane.he he.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/28/2016 2:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome, @laura78.This forum is the jewel of the crown.Basic Diabetics Guide.Bichea a little for the search engine and you will find everything you need for sure.

And thank you all for the advice.I am still adapting very strongly to the new meter and I am taking some tremendous pimples because with the old one it was not needed barely blood so that it throws it the "read".And of course, one that does not have blood in the veins, because spending useless strips at light speed with the consequent disgust.

pike's profile photo
pike
04/29/2016 5:52 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015-Novorapid 2/2/2/2-Toujeo(en proceso)-Mañana
Glucosilada 4/2017: 7,2

Put a meter complaint and say many strips ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/29/2016 8:07 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

aliciaalicia said:
Another thing would be if you were driving a train or driving a plane.he he.

But if in the Nightscout Facebook group there is a photo of a military with type1 diabetes driving a US army hunt while teaching smartwatch measurements ...

In Spain, diabetics have us marginalized for everything and complex, but in other countries where there is much more access to continuous measurement through insurance, it is not like that and type 1 do everything.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
04/30/2016 6:09 a.m.

Hello everyone!I have been missing for a while with the whole issue of looking for work, a new city, etc. .. 3 months have almost passed since the operation of the left eye and moving to BCN and wanted to tell you some things.

Although until next week I do not have endocrine, the experience with ophthalmologists, doctors and nurses has been great.Without complaints just.

As I said, in Seville they told me that I had both eyes with membrane, Epiriniana? Macular edema and others.As the Izuierdo eye no longer has it, they will barely give me a pair of lasers today.In law they have given me lasers in a session and they intervened for a little while to inject an anti -infamatory?.

As for the day to day of diabetes, because I have become a little more lax.It will be the experience that I acquire or the little time I have but I already measured the glucose (also because of how frustrating it is to click and that the insufficient blood does not read and lose one, two or three strips in a measurement).

I am also losing the shame of clicking in public in all kinds of sites and I am not so much to the bathroom to do it privately.

And the highlight is that about 3-4 weeks ago I was helping in the kitchen by cutting Anahorias with a mandolin?And zas ... my finger brights me.After almost a month of healing where I kept bleeding and all doctors were amazed by the cut and worried about avoiding infections, I can say that my finger is almost as before.Diabetic substitute, which I call it.

pike's profile photo
pike
07/11/2016 8:24 a.m.

We are glad that everything goes so well, @pike, and most importantly, glycosilada is great.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/11/2016 4:08 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Hi @pike!Good to read you again!And what about everything is better!The laser because it is?Is it painful?

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
07/12/2016 2:38 a.m.

The laser is that I have diabetic retinopathy, etc ... microsangrades by diabetes that affect the eye + macular edema that tb affects.It is soorrable, although it depends on the eye area can hurt a bit quite or bother roll "I have something in the eye that fucks."

pike's profile photo
pike
07/12/2016 9:27 a.m.

@Pike Leo in your signature that you are diabetic since 2015, in such a short time have you developed those eye complications?Well, what glycosilada have you had?I see that you have as a goal in 2017 to have it at 6.5, but in all this time?

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
07/12/2016 9:34 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Officially diagnosed since September 2015, debuting with a glucosilada of 13 but without entering or anything.The last glucosilada was months ago and gave me 6.5.The doctors are amazed at my diabetes, although they and I understand that (without noticing it) I already had it before or is a raer case.

pike's profile photo
pike
07/12/2016 10:03 a.m.

If it must be rare, because even if you had that glycosilada of 13, for the eye complications it would be required of many years with that glycosilada and all the increasingly accentuated symptoms that give the alarm of being able to suffer diabetes.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
07/12/2016 10:10 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Lately I have a world to find issues in the forum of the amount of new things that I have to read so I put my reflection today:

He has given me to see this (I don't know if you can put links so I leave the name to look for it on YouTube)

Diabetes: Complete documentary

And with only the first minutes I have wanted to throw myself out the window.What a way to sink staff.

pike's profile photo
pike
12/30/2016 1:04 p.m.

Do not read those things, that do not help anything and are not current treatments

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/30/2016 5:11 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.