Diabetic rookie is presented!

pike's profile photo   10/02/2015 10:07 a.m.

@pike is normal to take weight quickly after diagnosis.Think that when your immune system destroys your Beta cells, the organism is not able to metabolize the glucose of food and start pulling your fat reserves which produces a loss of weight.In addition, the kidneys begin to filter excess blood glucose eliminating passage water, from there that we are so thirsty before being diagnosed.Obviously, this dehydration also produces a weight loss that is recovered quickly when starting to use insulin.
If you have always been thin and follow a healthy diet, you will stabilize yourself in your weight, the insulin itself does not fat.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
10/07/2015 8:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you very much for the explanation, @inday.You are love in this forum!

pike's profile photo
pike
10/07/2015 9:29 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015-Novorapid 2/2/2/2-Toujeo(en proceso)-Mañana
Glucosilada 4/2017: 7,2

Hello, just 10 in the morning and I already have things to tell.I will put a link to my blog, I hope I am not breaking any rule.

In summary, I got up with 70 mg/dl and almost that I have scared more of the symptoms I had.I usually have rare sensations with 80 or 90, since they are strong to my normal data, but I had never been in 70.

I don't know if I reacted well or not.I still do not know how to correct myself for hypers but the hypos are the ones that give me the most fear.

There are times that I get the feeling that I only know that I don't know anything.

Link

pike's profile photo
pike
10/08/2015 9:40 a.m.

I was reading and your blog @pike!

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
10/08/2015 11:59 a.m.

Pike, in case it serves you, Maria in case of hip, takes a juice, sugar or a glucose envelope, but with 15 min.Nor would it go up and his endocrine told us that we expect 30, and since then no problem.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
10/08/2015 12:10 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

artories said:
welcome and encouragement.It is a daily struggle but you fight, also a daily victory.Remember to make a mental magician cut every time they tell you or suggest that you can't do something.

I love what you have written :-)

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
10/08/2015 1:35 p.m.

Good data, @rociolinares!

Thank you all, in general, for support.

pike's profile photo
pike
10/08/2015 1:44 p.m.

Chic@s, can you let me relocate a little here?T_T

As I have told, I was diagnosed on October - November (rookie since September) quite severe diabetic retinopathy.I have been like 2 months with laser sessions.4 for each concrete eye.

Apart from what, "the lasers welded, I have an Epirretinian membrane in each eye (although the left is more harmed) and macular edemas in both that cannot be treated until they have out those membranes.At the end of February they put me on a list for left -wing vitreoctomy with the highest priority (of maximum 4 weeks).Even for those dates I already tested anesthesia and so on.Well, I'm still waiting because more urgent cases enter and my operation is moving over time.

All very chachi, right?The fact is that, on top of that, my plan from before knowing the disease was to go in September from Seville to Barcelona, ​​with my partner, look for work and develop my profession there because here I do not see much departure.I have postponed all that all these months and they gave me a date: on March 17.One that postponed to 18, after Holy Week and this mana themselves tell me that they may call me in the middle of April, although with the Seville Fair you never know ...

I have already been home in Barcelona for a month and I can't start any procedure /register, change the vehicle, green card, the health card, ...) for waiting for an operation that does not arrive.I have my paralyzed life.

I have decided to look at the second week of April and go with or without operation behind my back, even if I have to start 0 in Barcelona.The fact is that my family does not understand or understand that the first one who looks for his health is me but I can not be tied his feet and hands so long.I am currently autonomous (chiromaista) since December but here in Seville there is not much work so I can not work or try to look for in BCN.And that's the only positive thing I see.Imagine that I had work on.

Anyway, I wanted to vent because we all have bad days and today is not mine.
But tomorrow the sun will come out.Sure.

:)

pike's profile photo
pike
03/23/2016 8:25 p.m.

When you translate everything is a mess, not only the move, paperwork and others like anyone.We start again ... First with the search for header doctor, who visits you and requests you for the endocrine, strips papers, insulin ... etc, analysis, visit to the nurse and new ophthalmologist if you touch you.Everything can be extended quite according to the community and hospital that touches you.One who started in Salamanca tells you, went to work in Madrid and ended in Barcelona.

I will not tell you that I do not understand you and that I can imagine that you will be looking forward to continuing with your life and your new approaches, perhaps in your situation I would do the same.You don't know if you still have a lot of waiting list there?It really values ​​if it is worth it and above all do what you do a lot of encouragement.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
03/23/2016 10:24 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@Pike Dare and as you say not to have a job, do not tie you.
What you would have to know is if the eyes can postpone it.It is the most important thing. The family always worries but if you leave with your partner you will not be alone and that will give them a breath.I send you many spirits.!!!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/24/2016 9:16 p.m.

Thanks for the support.Well, it's just telling how the thing is going: Mañána already operates.They called me on Wednesday and I have been with hyper of locuron since then for the nerves but won that everything ends.^^

pike's profile photo
pike
03/31/2016 7:33 p.m.

Let everything go well, @pike :)

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
03/31/2016 9:58 p.m.

Much encouragement and that everything goes well @pike!

albertot's profile photo
albertot
03/31/2016 10 p.m.

@Pike I just read that tomorrow they operate, I send you many encouragement sure that everything will work out.When you are well and you can tell us.Encouragement

DiabetesForo
03/31/2016 11:05 p.m.

@pike a lot of encouragement that tomorrow everything is going well!I pray for you!

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
04/01/2016 4 a.m.

@pike, a lot of encouragement and that is super good!You already tell us how it has gone .....

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
04/01/2016 8:48 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@pike, let everything go very well, you will tell us !!!Ah!and also tell us if you do it from Seville or from Barcelona;)

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
04/01/2016 12:55 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

MALE MACHINE !!!!

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
04/01/2016 1:53 p.m.

Thank you all.Rapidito story that I continue in recovery: 2 hours and peak operation + several hours in the waking room (awakening that I went with a place) ñ.Total, in the hospital I entered at 9 in the morning and left at 5 in the afternoon.All the time on an empty stomach.My mother.

The operation did not hurt, although the last moments was already noticing what they did to me.Vitreoctomy, membrane withdrawal and lasers.Full pack.Now to wait to recover the vision of the eye and be at $ 100, without discomfort, which they say that usually happens in a couple of days.And the pain of being with drops every 2 hours.

But all good.;)

pike's profile photo
pike
04/03/2016 5:33 p.m.

@Pike I'm very happy that everything went well.But two hours and peak operation !!!Q past !!!Well recover soon.

DiabetesForo
04/03/2016 6:05 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.